DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do remember reading a statement from a shelter employee (moved to another shelter) that KT had been working there part time earlier than when the DC shelter themselves have publicly admitted to. probably because they hadn't checked his record or references correctly. I would imagine it was his first job after being released in 2011. so maybe early 2012? In the same article it stated how SY came to live at the shelter and definitely confirmed she was not recommended by KT. So much has been said since I am struggling to find the links but I'll keep looking.

SY had changed the length she knew Tatum many times now, her friends and family all say different times but most had stated she met him at the shelter.

SY would say longer because in her eyes it explains the 'trust' in letting Relisha go and makes her look slightly better or people to say 'Well they knew him for years, so...'

My Husband was a caretaker (janitor) and is now head maintenance of a live in mental health facility for vulnerable adults , they have their own cottages in a little farm village as well as a big hospital type building for severe care issues -he had to undergo strict checks and met even stricter conditions due to the nature of working alone near vulnerable people, same as when he was the maintenance man of a CPS contact and family centre.

As a Janitor KT will have had entrance to every room, fixed areas and private rooms with children present , cleaned communal bathing and toilet areas etc - he really had it ripe for picking if he was that way inclined. Somebody should have been keeping tabs on him as staff getting familiar or interacting with children of residents is a no no - my Husband even had to sign a contract saying if anyone tried to offer him money (the vulnerable adults always do that) he was not allowed to take it and he was also not allowed to accept any money if left some in their wills, - a lot of carers tend to get left money in the vulnerable adults wills.

He even got scared when one elderly man kept buying him snickers bars and following him offering them, lol - he used to report anything like that straight away, to protect himself as well as the residents.

Not only would there be KT fixing around the shelter etc but there would have been staff like cooks, cleaners and office staff who would have heard and witnessed a lot. No doubt LE have extensively tracked this and know quite a bit of KT and his behaviour there now. It may bring news of how or where he met RR there with SY - hopefully somebody RELIABLE saw and heard something at the time to clarify dates.

I believe she used that term because she heard it in the vocab of the adults around her but being 8 was not clear on its slang meaning. It sounds bad. It sounds like somewhere you get stuck and can't escape. She had been at the shelter for two long years. There is no playground, it is a depressing place where you must be on gourd at all times I would imagine. All sorts of reasons people are homeless. Some of them not pretty, criminal history, drug abuse, etc.

So I think she took a term she heard plenty from adults around her and in the music favored by those adults and not being clear on its exact meaning to others it had a meaning to her. A place you are stuck/trapped, an unpleasant place to be.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

A little girl who felt trapped in a lifestyle she had no control over. A little princess who was shuffled endlessly from caregiver to caregiver. The most recent of which took her to Disney on Ice and fun places to do fun things.

Sigh. Makes me angry all over again.

Slightly OT but I just wondered when reading your post what the ' origin' of that term is. I wonder ( and now i will go google) if it's not a home where locals thought or knew that LE were staked out to bust you for the drug sales, etc. Like a snitch operation? For example ' don't go in there ( to buy your drugs) . this looks like a trap' .

I know, right? If it's true than I guess SY didn't meet him at the homeless shelter. Ugh, more lies!

Another interesting tidbit was this. . .

So they lived in a Blandensburg Rd. motel for a time in 2011?

Idk if I believe SY really new KT since 2005. I think she was saying that at that time to substantiate the "like a godfather" claim. She has hence said she met him at the shelter. NOW I'm starting to wonder if she really met him while they were living in the motel on Blandensburg. Hmmmm. . .:waitasec:

Hers's my present line of thinking.
To some degree each one is telling partial truths. (As in left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.)

I believe Grandma is of the right age to have been "running with" or in the same circles as KT and AT...back in the 80's and 90's when Bladensburg RD/New York AVE was a place you wanted to pass through before being hit by a stray bullet. YES!!! it was that scary. (I haven't looked but I wouldn't be surprised if MY/MT also has long rap sheet, in DC and/or PG County, too.)

It sounds to me as if the family shuffled Relisha around depending on the condition of her mother, her residency, and/or health (fears of abuse.) Possibly in between abuse episodes as a way to avoid CPS workers home visits...or as a way to avoid removal from the home, family members agreed to short-term rescues so that CPS/DSS could get SY back on track. In other words, to appease investigators and assuage their concerns.

Sounds like CPS/DSS tried to keep her with her family members.

I believe that Grandma (MY/MY) and Aunt (AY) can say that Relisha wasn't staying with them because they knew SY brought Relisha over to their house. But, Relisha then left from there, with Mom's permission, for day or limited outings with Tatum and/or Tatum and his wife (AT.)

SY, can say that they were staying at Aunt's/grandma's because when she left Relisha there to be taken awy by Tatum that Relisha was "staying" at the Aunt's.

I also believe that Grandma (MT/MY) probably introduced SY to the Tatum's as early as 2005.

BUT, I have a huge problem with why SY, didn't think Relisha was missing, grandma or aunt (MT & AY) didn't think Relisha was missing and no one at the shelter thought Relisha was missing.

I don't think SY or her family considered her missing because they all accepted and knew that she was staying with the Tatum's...sort of like a private foster care agreement that DSS wasn't aware of...

SY didn't care cause she still got benefits for four kids no matter where Relisha was staying.

Grandma and Auntie can say that SY let relisha go with Tatum because she had before and they probably assumed that Tatum was taking Relishes back and forth, on outings, from the shelter.

That poor baby was bounced around like a friggin volleyball...

Hers's my present line of thinking.
To some degree each one is telling partial truths. (As in left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.)

I believe Grandma is of the right age to have been "running with" or in the same circles as KT and AT...back in the 80's and 90's when Bladensburg RD/New York AVE was a place you wanted to pass through before being hit by a stray bullet. YES!!! it was that scary. (I haven't looked but I wouldn't be surprised if MY/MT also has long rap sheet, in DC and/or PG County, too.)

It sounds to me as if the family shuffled Relisha around depending on the condition of her mother, her residency, and/or health (fears of abuse.) Possibly in between abuse episodes as a way to avoid CPS workers home visits...or as a way to avoid removal from the home, family members agreed to short-term rescues so that CPS?DSS could get SY back on track. In other words, to appease investigators and assuage their concerns.

Sounds like CPS/DSS tried to keep her with her family members.

I believe that Grandma (MY/MY) and Aunt (AY) can say that Relisha wasn't staying with them because they knew SY brought Relisha overthere house. But, Relisha then left from there, with Mom's permission, for day or limited outings with Tatum and/or Tatum and his wife (AT.)

SY, can say that they were staying at Aunt's/grandma's because when she left Relisha there to be taken awy by Tatum that Relisha was "staying" at the Aunt's.

I also believe that Grandma (MT?MY) probably introduced SY to the Tatum's as early as 2005.

BUT, I have a huge problem with why SY, didn't think Relisha was missing, grandma or aunt (MT & AY) didn't think Relisha was missing and no one at the shelter thought Relisha was missing.

I don't think SY or her family considered her missing because they all accepted and knew that she was staying with the Tatum's...sort of like a private foster care agreement that DSS wasn't aware of...

SY didn't care cause she still got benefits for four kids no matter where Relisha was staying.

Grandma and Auntie can say that SY let relisha go with Tatum because she had before and they probably assumed that Tatum was taking Relishes back and forth, on outings, from the shelter.

That poor baby was bounced around like a friggin volleyball...

I'm wondering if SY had an arrangement with her family member/members to drop Relisha at theirs, so KT could pick her up so as not to arouse suspicion at the shelter from other residents and staff. Maybe SY Mother and SY were both benefiting somehow from this arrangement which explains why the family are not as mad as they should be about SY saying that they had Relisha last, not her.
At first I focused on KT, SY and A/TW ..But as times gone on, I really think SY and her Mothers relationship is key to this investigation - the nature of it and the behaviour might explain a lot of choices made.

From the most recent article it sounds like Relisha wanted out of that shelter so bad, she would go with anyone.

The article was heartbreaking! All the references to her not wanting to be in the shelter and wanting to be involved in extracurricular activities, ugh! So sad. She just wanted to be a normal little girl.

And her singing the song :( omg.. I could totally visualize her belting out the words.

The interesting thing about the article is that it almost makes KT sound like he felt bad for her too.

I so badly want LE/FBI to get to the bottom of this and figure out what exactly happened, where Relisha is and who knew what was happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See modesty blaise's post right above yours. Apparently she says when SY moved into the shelter.

Yeah but that's Tony's (BF/"step-father"/"fiance'") mother BW. She may have just been told that by the Youngs.

Here is another aspect to what folks think are lies. These family members never put any facts into any sort of chronological order. It could be true that she first met the Tatum's in 2005, re-connected in 2011 and met him again, in 2012 when he was working at the shelter...all statements can be true.

Just when made out of context they sound like someone is lying.

It's so damned confusing and poor baby never had a chance at any stability.

Another problem is the familiar titles and interchangeable references to people affiliated with the family. It is cultural and does not strictly adhere to bloodlines and legal contracts. Married, step-parent, fiance', son, brother, sister , etc. and then phrases like "that's my baby, my twin, my girl, moms."
The titles have to be waded through as they are sometimes merely terms of endearment and friendship. It is all so confounding.

At first I focused on KT, SY and A/TW ..But as times gone on, I really think SY and her Mothers relationship is key to this investigation - the nature of it and the behaviour might explain a lot of choices made.

Snipped by me.

A while back I posted about being very curious why SY was in foster care for most of her childhood. I can't help but wonder if she was molested/sexually abused so the cycle continued with Relisha.

I'm sure LE and the FBI know a lot more than we think. It will be very interesting to hear what comes out in the end.

Yeah but that's Tony's (BF/"step-father"/"fiance'") mother BW. She may have just been told that by the Youngs.

Here is another aspect to what folks think are lies. These family members never put any facts into any sort of chronological order. It could be true that she first met the Tatum's in 2005, re-connected in 2011 and met him again, in 2012 when he was working at the shelter...all statements can be true.

Just when made out of context they sound like someone is lying.

It's so damned confusing and poor baby never had a chance at any stability.

Another problem is the familiar titles and interchangeable references to people affiliated with the family. It is cultural and does not strictly adhere to bloodlines and legal contracts. Married, step-parent, fiance', son, brother, sister , etc. and then phrases like "that's my baby, my twin, my girl, moms."

The titles have to be waded through as they are sometimes merely terms of endearment and friendship. It is all so confoundinf.

You are 100% correct, it is a cultural thing. My boyfriend is the same way, everyone is a cousin. After years if dating I finally started asking right after he would say cousin, real cousin or like family cousin? Some people he isn't even sure because he's heard cousin so long but he doesn't know how they are or would be related.

Snipped by me.

A while back I posted about being very curious why SY was in foster care for most of her childhood. I can't help but wonder if she was molested/sexually abused so the cycle continued with Relisha.

I'm sure LE and the FBI know a lot more than we think. It will be very interesting to hear what comes out in the end.

I just found this case last night and was glued to reading as much as possible. This is very disturbing. I cannot understand how so many people in that little girls life and in knowing the way she has had to live that someone could not have stepped in and brought her to a decent home to live? Part of me hopes she was sold and to a family who always wanted kids and couldn't have any but my thoughts are if she was sold it probably was not for the right reasons. If this child was murdered it will break my heart in half and the only good thing would be she is with the good Lord.

In the article from the Washington Post [see excerpts below] where they are listing the times when children's services had to intervene ,I noticed a pattern in what when and how this family responds to their actions in the past, or in there more recent actions or maybe I should say more aptly in-actions.

Outright deny, minimize or lie to confuse and disguise what really happened.

Police received conflicting stories about who hit the boy. No charges were filed. Same thing happen with the first report of abuse “authorities were unable to determine how these injuries happened.” No charges were filed.

The only time when some action appeared to have been taken was when there was no way it could be hidden, disguised as something else or “talked” away such as the herniated belly button.

This type of behavior is not new to any of them, and so far, for the most part, they have been able to deny, minimize or lie to confuse and disguise themselves out of any kind of serious consequences.

But this is a bit different. Relisha is missing and they can’t do any of the things that they have done in the past to make this go away. But it is not stopping them from trying. The more they try the more conflicting the stories are. and they are no longer just dealing with child services, there are LE professionals involved who are some of the best human lie detectors around.

I believe that if all the mothers, grandmother(s) aunts, boyfriend, and “close” friends statement were listed in chronological order it with shed a very bright light on what they are being deceptive about.

From the Washington Post
“The first was lodged in July 2007, when Relisha was almost 2 years old. A social worker noted “great concern” for the girl, who showed signs of abuse, according to the file. But authorities “were unable to determine how these injuries happened.” Two law enforcement officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to talk publicly about the case said police were called but an investigation concluded that no assault had occurred.”

“Three years later, in April 2010, a social worker noted that one of Relisha’s brothers was not getting the medical attention he needed after surgery. The file says the family was living in “environmentally unsafe conditions,” with debris and cigarette butts scattered throughout the apartment.”

“The last incident occurred in November, while the family was at the shelter. A social worker, according to the file, noted a “lack of supervision and abuse.” One of Relisha’s brothers had been “thrown to the ground” and slapped until his lip bled, the report says. The law enforcement officials said police intervened but got conflicting stories about who hit the boy. No charges were filed.

Relisha’s relatives described all three reports as exaggerated or false. In each case, the children remained in the home. Only after Relisha went missing were her three brothers placed in foster care.”

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

Maybe Relisha was taken as payment for a drug debt also.All I know is Tatum had too much money for just being a janitor.

Maybe the meeting at the hotel was to figure out either how to get Relisha back or where to take her to keep her "safe or set." It's likely someone outside of this loose crew had a beef with Tatum. Maybe the taking of Relisha and or the murder of AT was because of something Tatum did on someone's turf. Or Tatum had put Relisha in some sort of permanent and safe environment and someone in the Young/Wheeler family wasn't having any of that...loosing Relisha as a deduction or a recipient.

Honestly, I believe Relisha was taken to Richmond on the 20th of March. They need to check the train station cameras at the Main Street Station.

Maybe the meeting at the hotel was to figure out either how to get Relisha back or where to take her to keep her "safe or set." It's likely someone outside of this loose crew had a beef with Tatum. Maybe the taking of Relisha and or the murder of AT was because of something Tatum did on someone's turf. Or Tatum had put Relisha in some sort of permanent and safe environment and someone in the Young/Wheeler family wasn't having any of that...loosing Relisha as a deduction or a recipient.

Honestly, I believe Relisha was taken to Richmond on the 20th of March. They need to check the train station cameras at the Main Street Station.

I agree.I believe Relisha may have been taken to Richmond too.That's why I said I felt they should put up Relisha's flyers at the train station in Richmond.

When did Tatum go to Richmond?

I believe she used that term because she heard it in the vocab of the adults around her but being 8 was not clear on its slang meaning. It sounds bad. It sounds like somewhere you get stuck and can't escape. She had been at the shelter for two long years. There is no playground, it is a depressing place where you must be on gourd at all times I would imagine. All sorts of reasons people are homeless. Some of them not pretty, criminal history, drug abuse, etc.

So I think she took a term she heard plenty from adults around her and in the music favored by those adults and not being clear on its exact meaning to others it had a meaning to her. A place you are stuck/trapped, an unpleasant place to be.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

A little girl who felt trapped in a lifestyle she had no control over. A little princess who was shuffled endlessly from caregiver to caregiver. The most recent of which took her to Disney on Ice and fun places to do fun things.

Sigh. Makes me angry all over again.
Following Relisha's case silently and sadly and this post just about does me in.

I wish I shared everyone else's belief that Relisha was taken to Richmond. I think something unexpected happened to her the night of 3/1. :(

Something that has been really bothering me is that on the inventory of the warrants not one computer or hard drive was listed. . .just phones and an Ipad. That is so unusual! I truly think KT spent 3/19 and 3/20 getting rid of stuff. It would explain why he needed a truck.

I am still of the mindset that Relisha was for KT's personal use, not ruling out any type of child *advertiser censored* though. . .either for him personally or to share or sell. I think it was AstoKitty that posted early on that she thought KT might be a booster. I tend to agree, but I think he may have graduated to a middle man. It fits with KT's and AT's criminal arrests, as well as the fancy clothes and gifts. In case anyone is unfamiliar with what a booster is. . .
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/04/18/pro-theft-rings-transform-business-of-shoplifting/

I'm going back to check this but if I'm not mistaken, Chief Lanier and LE have said that the "last time Relisha was SEEN WITH TATUM was 3/1/2014.

I'm not sure they ever said "last seen" without saying "with Tatum."

I wish I shared everyone else's belief that Relisha was taken to Richmond. I think something unexpected happened to her the night of 3/1. :(

Something that has been really bothering me is that on the inventory of the warrants not one computer or hard drive was listed. . .just phones and an Ipad. That is so unusual! I truly think KT spent 3/19 and 3/20 getting rid of stuff. It would explain why he needed a truck.

I am still of the mindset that Relisha was for KT's personal use, not ruling out any type of child *advertiser censored* though. . .either for him personally or to share or sell. I think it was AstoKitty that posted early on that she thought KT might be a booster. I tend to agree, but I think he may have graduated to a middle man. It fits with KT's and AT's criminal arrests, as well as the fancy clothes and gifts. In case anyone is unfamiliar with what a booster is. . .
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/04/18/pro-theft-rings-transform-business-of-shoplifting/

I waiver back & forth between this theory (above) and the theory that he was the middle man between the Young/Turner family or even of his own accord in coordinating an illegal and paid for "adoption." And, that the reason for the passports was just in case a buyer was international. But if there is any link or evidence of sex rings then I have no other theory than the worst.

I think there may be a few Turner and Wheelers who if they got wind of either scenario...may have resorted to some street justice on Tatum...killing his wife before they left the room...leaving him to think about what he had done and when he couldn't or wouldn't give them the answers they wanted, he either killed himself or was killed...and it was made to look like a suicide.

I'm going back to check this but if I'm not mistaken, Chief Lanier and LE have said that the "last time Relisha was SEEN WITH TATUM was 3/1/2014.

I'm not sure they ever said "last seen" without saying "with Tatum."

If LE had any evidence of Relisha being seen after March 1, I think they would tell us. There's no benifit to misleading the public about when the last known sighting of Relisha was.

It's tempting to consider this, cause at least that gives Relisha a chance of being alive out there somewhere, but all the facts speak otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member