DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking as a guest on websleuths ever since the Brittney Wood case began. Once I learned about Relisha, I have been unable to get her out of my mind. I have an eleven year old son and 6 year old daughter. I remember when I couldn't find my son for a few seconds in a store, and I completely lost it. No one will ever be able make me understand how a mother doesn't see, hug, tuck in, say good night, or I LOVE YOU for days at a time!!!!!

I know from experience, SY's mom never had an attachment with her, so that is why she was able to not have an attachment to Relisha. People raised by narcissistic mothers have to really make a concerted effort to not follow in her footsteps. Also, narcissistic mothers tend to favor their son over their daughter. Mainly because they feel like the daughter takes the spotlight off of them, and that is not okay. No matter what Relisha did to show she was just as important, and loved SY with all her heart, she would never have the love she wanted and needed from her.

Sorry my post is so long, but I pray for her all day, and think of her when I look at my children, and see them smiling and happy. All children deserve to enjoy their childhood!!

I love you Relisha!!

If LE had any evidence of Relisha being seen after March 1, I think they would tell us. There's no benifit to misleading the public about when the last known sighting of Relisha was.

It's tempting to consider this, cause at least that gives Relisha a chance of being alive out there somewhere, but all the facts speak otherwise.

There is the benefit of allowing the members of any sex rings or participants in the procuring and or selling of children to believe that LE has no idea of the links/criminals further up the chain...let them believe that LE doesn't have proof of Relisha's whereabouts in the three weeks before LE involvement.

I want to go downtown today but I don't want to go alone. I really want to help...but being a native of the area, I'm really hesitant to go down to Bladensburg/NY Ave and no way am I taking the metro down there, alone.

I've been lurking as a guest on websleuths ever since the Brittney Wood case began. Once I learned about Relisha, I have been unable to get her out of my mind. I have an eleven year old son and 6 year old daughter. I remember when I couldn't find my son for a few seconds in a store, and I completely lost it. No one will ever be able make me understand how a mother doesn't see, hug, tuck in, say good night, or I LOVE YOU for days at a time!!!!!

I know from experience, SY's mom never had an attachment with her, so that is why she was able to not have an attachment to Relisha. People raised by narcissistic mothers have to really make a concerted effort to not follow in her footsteps. Also, narcissistic mothers tend to favor their son over their daughter. Mainly because they feel like the daughter takes the spotlight off of them, and that is not okay. No matter what Relisha did to show she was just as important, and loved SY with all her heart, she would never have the love she wanted and needed from her.

Sorry my post is so long, but I pray for her all day, and think of her when I look at my children, and see them smiling and happy. All children deserve to enjoy their childhood!!

I love you Relisha!!
:..( Everyday, someone posts something here that brings me to tears...
Welcome Kellerua! This is a heartbreaking case all around. Sadly, there are less than a few people in this poor child's life who were anything beyond inept. IMO, of course.

I agree. I can't fathom how a grandmother or aunt would allow this beautiful innocent child to be treated this way and feel this way without feeling compelled to take her in. In my opinion this so called family is filled with despicable narcists.

I have a cousin who was in the same situation as Relisha...her mother was a drug addict homeless prostitute who's boyfriend was also her pimp. She had 4 children 3 boys and a girl. Her boys were taken by the state, but for some reason her daughter was allowed to stay with her. She would regularly drop her daughter off at our house for days on end and her daughter HATED going back...so finally my mom got emergency custody of her. Well needless to say now she is a happy healthy productive beautiful young woman. I shudder to think what would've happened if my mom hadn't have stepped in. Possibly a similar fate as relisha.

That's why this case eats me so much....when I look at Relisha I see my cousin who I actually consider my sister. Why were the immediate family ie the grandma aunt ANYONE stepping up and helping Relisha?? It makes me sick these people make my skin crawl with their excuses. There is no excuse. I'm heartbroken over this....why wernt they?

The article yesterday was very difficult to see in print. Some of the things we had thought or theorized became facts. So heartbreaking. Just went I was having some empathy for the families involved, POOF...gone are those feelings. The scab ripped off that wound, and salt poured in it. This case isn't about my feelings, my pain... it's about an innocent child, RELISHA RUDD. I don't think there's anyway that my pain could compare to the pain this child has endured most of her life. It's just not fair. It's not right! Children should all know love and protection!

I agree.I believe Relisha may have been taken to Richmond too.That's why I said I felt they should put up Relisha's flyers at the train station in Richmond.

When did Tatum go to Richmond?

I had hoped for a fairy tale ending whereby Tatum truly cared and felt so badly about Relisha's life that he arranged an illegal adoption and kept the money. He couldn't reveal this because he didn't want her taken from her new family . Rather than give her up - he killed himself . Unfortunately many things go against this - murdering his wife, the trash bags/shovel/like, the hotel rooms, keeping her out of school - etc. However a small part of me still wants to believe she is safe.

I love you Relisha!!

I couldn't agree more here. Totally can relate to this. My friends who have narcissistic Mothers will all identify too. Especially with the favouring Sons part and there is a lot of jealousy and rivalry with these types of Mothers towards their girls.

From SY calling RR lil' Mama and making her be a mini care giver to the boys, to SY's obvious favouring of her little 'kings' over RR.. SY was detached from Relisha in a way only those types of Mothers can be, they also treat their Daughters a lot older than they should be treated, its almost a rivalry / friend type relationship at times, Relisha would be desperate for that light to shine in SYs eyes but it never came, so she seeked it where ever she could, was very vulnerable to abuse because of this too.

As one commentator on their social media stated in a simple question:

'How come your boys didn't go with Tatum if he was good?'

My therapist called it the 'gleam in the mothers eye' syndrome, because my mum was very similar he taught me a way to explain it in easier terms -

Every child needs to see that gleam in their mother or caregivers eye, it is what makes one feel loved, secured , special from a very early age, it gives a child reassurance and safety -

For instance ,when a Mother collects her child from school , or from daycare, they may greet other children fondly, or say hi to many, but when the mother lays eyes on her own child - a gleam appears that is especially for that child and the child knows it. Be it a look, a tone or a touch, that child knows he/she is loved more than anyone else by their Mother and it settles them instantly , even if they do not realise it. They even say they can spot the Mother of a child by a look alone in some tests conducted into this sort of theory.

Children who never see the gleam, will do everything they can to feel special in their Mothers eyes, they'll say look at me Mommy, look what I did/ can do, can I do anything to help Mom, I tried hard with my grades Mom..etc. they want to be loved so badly. If Mother has unsavoury habits, the child will even try to help with those, 'I'll steal those for Mommy...I ll get that weed /pills for Mom somehow.. I'll earn some money for Mom..' its a natural progression.

If you never see the gleam from your early caregivers, you will spend a lifetime searching for it , you may not even see it in your own eyes when you look in the mirror. Its a work in progress for the children of these types of Mothers.

I hope Relisha sees the gleam in our eyes for her, where ever she is.

I want to go downtown today but I don't want to go alone. I really want to help...but being a native of the area, I'm really hesitant to go down to Bladensburg/NY Ave and no way am I taking the metro down there, alone.

Just K, as I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm not local to the DC area, if so, I would go with you in a heartbeat! I'm not familiar with THAT particular area, or any area of DC, but from the descriptions I've read, I am familiar with that type of area in other big cities.

I was born and raised on the southside of Chicago, and though I moved away years ago to the small southern town I call home now, I am still very street-smart and way too paranoid (according to locals here, lol). I would be comfortable, but VERY alert, in that DC area during DAYLIGHT hours.

Just wish I was closer, wish I could do more to help find Relisha. But, it's our thoughts that counts. We WANT to be there and help, and in some small way, being here on WS, I feel we are helping in some small way.

Thanks Cinnamon...a little paranoia is a good thing, IMO. I just feel like outsiders will stick out like a sore thumb down there at Bladensburg & New York Ave...and can be targets for some sort of crime...even in a small group. If anyone does go down to that area, please do not walk around with headphones on or an iPhone visible. This area is notoriously bad and with all those shotty motels...prostitutes and drug deals... it is not safe for anyone who isn't street smart or a little paranoid.

Cinnamon - I don't blame you. From what I read this area is not good and you do not know how much police presence will be there . We don't need another tragic twist. if it was the park and a police organized search - it may be different but you don't know who will show up and with the family at odds - what could happen. Stay safe.

Oh she heard the word alrighty!
Relisha is 8 at an age where she is able to understand whats happening and whats going on around her. I don't think anyone would say Trap house unless that's what it was I have never heard that term before!
why not Crapp house? Now that would be the gutter!

I understand what your saying but I do think drugs were a big part of all their lives!

JMO

RR said it was infested so maybe she felt Trap house meant the same. We used to call some hotels - roach traps.... like the roach motel commercials - they check in but don't check out.

I wish I shared everyone else's belief that Relisha was taken to Richmond. I think something unexpected happened to her the night of 3/1. :(

Something that has been really bothering me is that on the inventory of the warrants not one computer or hard drive was listed. . .just phones and an Ipad. That is so unusual! I truly think KT spent 3/19 and 3/20 getting rid of stuff. It would explain why he needed a truck.

I am still of the mindset that Relisha was for KT's personal use, not ruling out any type of child *advertiser censored* though. . .either for him personally or to share or sell. I think it was AstoKitty that posted early on that she thought KT might be a booster. I tend to agree, but I think he may have graduated to a middle man. It fits with KT's and AT's criminal arrests, as well as the fancy clothes and gifts. In case anyone is unfamiliar with what a booster is. . .
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/04/18/pro-theft-rings-transform-business-of-shoplifting/

BBM. I agree it is unusual, IMO, to not have a computer (hence no hard drives listed on warrants). But, for me, it is only unusual because of my line of work...I have a couple of desktop computers and notebooks, a cell phone, and a tablet that I rarely use...mostly just to read in bed at night. The majority of my computer/internet activity is done on a desktop or laptop; however, with the explosion of mobile devices, I am seeing more and more people who no longer use desktop computers...their iPad or other tablet and their phone ARE their only computer. Just my :twocents: worth.

Thanks Cinnamon...a little paranoia is a good thing, IMO. I just feel like outsiders will stick out like a sore thumb down there at Bladensburg & New York Ave...and can be targets for some sort of crime...even in a small group. If anyone does go down to that area, please do not walk around with headphones on or an iPhone visible. This area is notoriously bad and with all those shotty motels...prostitutes and drug deals... it is not safe for anyone who isn't street smart or a little paranoid.

BBM - Good advice. IMO, this is street-smart, Safety 101 advice for any area, EVERYWHERE, not just the bad parts of town! I would never do that, not even in a "good" area of town. Being aware of your surroundings at all times, is of the utmost importance, and you can't be aware of your surroundings if you can't hear or you can't see because your face is stuck in/on you cell phone. Just my :twocents:

ITA, a little paranoia, is good...in my case a LOT of paranoia is even better. LOL!

There's a lot of people down here for Relisha you guys! It's heartwarming. I see SY nowhere. Smh.

Just K, I wish I would have known that you wanted to come down here, we could have met up. I've been here since around 3:45 and I'm getting ready to go back to my car. My husband is actually waiting for me in the car with the kids. He didn't want me to come alone but I told him that it's not an area for little ones. And I know they would want to know why mommy is crying (which I did as soon as I saw the flyer). I really wanted to just show my support. Have some laundry left at home so heading off now.

Did anyone notice that just after the guy in the video, at the Metro, looks to his left, that his left hand goes up & out in a manner that suggests he is about to greet someone?

There's a lot of people down here for Relisha you guys! It's heartwarming. I see SY nowhere. Smh.

Just K, I wish I would have known that you wanted to come down here, we could have met up. I've been here since around 3:45 and I'm getting ready to go back to my car. My husband is actually waiting for me in the car with the kids. He didn't want me to come alone but I told him that it's not an area for little ones. And I know they would want to know why mommy is crying (which I did as soon as I saw the flyer). I really wanted to just show my support. Have some laundry left at home so heading off now.

Thanks Nikki, did you see any Young, Turner, Wheeler, or Tatum family members?

Thank you, Darling Nikki for doing what we cannot from wherever we are.
Please thank your husband and children from us for going with you as well.
:loveyou:

Thanks again, nikki80! Was the media there? If so, maybe I'll get to see later. P.S. Glad to hear hubby waited nearby in the car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member