DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking too - I saw that as well as an article. I am not convinced he knew her since 2005 since someone said he was in prison however other relatives who may have been in prison could have met him then - who knows but I am of the belief there was a connection prior to the shelter.

I am wondering if there is a connection between SY's family and KT through prison/jail, too...

:waitasec:

I said several threads ago that Tatum's neighbor remembered RR since age 4 and that the little girl had been at the couples house for years. Someone corrected my post saying it was not true and the neighbor was posting misinformation (uh ok then) so I didn't bring it up again . I don't think he just recently met her and the whole family knew him.

Relisha is 8. She was 4 in 2010. Tatum was in prison until October 2011. The neighbor couldn't have seen Tatum. The dates don't add up. It's quite common for people to want their 15 minutes of fame off of a high profile case. "My mother's cousin's father's brother's dog's first puppy lived next door to them. In addition, I believe someone posted the dates when Tatum lived where and he wasn't living there. The dates don't lie.

This poor girl wanted out so badly. The absolute selfishness of SY to not give those children up for a better life is criminal. I will NEVER refer to that woman as a "Mother."

And I feel guilty when I don't allow my little ones to have a cookie. What Relisha has endured in her short 8 years...I can't even imagine. I can't understand. It is beyond comprehension for me.

In MOO...the answers are in the meeting that took place at the RRI on 3/19. Why the meeting? Why there? KT and AT had an apartment. It was calculated...cars left behind, drivers in place, leaving dead woman to be found. I believe those people have the answers that will lead to RR. Throw them all in an interrogation room until they break.

I so totally agree with this! I've been saying the same thing. What was this "meeting" about? Why go to RRI instead of KLT and AKT apt? Why did KLT leave the photo of Relisha, the items of clothing, the passports, the cell phones, etc. at his apt. if he was going to flee? Why not remove these items from his/their apt? How is RSL and the two others involved? Did AKT wonder why they were checking into RRI late on night of March 19? What happened that KLT killed her? So many questions! This "meeting" is the key to getting the rest of the answers about what happened to Relisha.

This is my first post: I have been following this case since day one and one thing that has been sitting with me is a comment made by SY in the interview she did. I wonder what she meant by this comment:

""SY: (Long pause) That got my head messed up. But umm...I-I don't even know what to say on that. There's a lot of things scrambling in my head but I am gonna say the public cannot fault me at this, umm, I thought and I thought I could have trusted in my mother and my sister. You know there's things that the public don't know for instance;
One, that my mother told me that this man told her that if anything happened to him and his wife today or tomorrow, my daughter would be safe.
What does that mean?""

So KT told SY mother that if anything happens to him or his wife RR would be safe??

Welcome ISPYprivateeye :)

:welcome:

Re: the comment above BBM, What On Earth?!

I said several threads ago that Tatum's neighbor remembered RR since age 4 and that the little girl had been at the couples house for years. Someone corrected my post saying it was not true and the neighbor was posting misinformation (uh ok then) so I didn't bring it up again . I don't think he just recently met her and the whole family knew him.

You know what? With the list of MT's statements, I'm starting to wonder if MT could have known KLT before he went to prison. Maybe they did drugs together, knew each other from the neighborhood, etc. Just curious, but how old is MT? Does anyone think MT and KLT may have known each other a long time?

I'm so mad about KT being dead :mad:

He may not talked either if caught, but the only people alive who know the story apart from SY obviously won't want to be found and there's no one else to expose the truth or tell the other side, whatever it is.

SY can say all sorts now - as she has and will - but I'm so worried we have another Caylee Anthony style case ahead. I'm putting all my faith in LE and Chief Lanier because I cant see much else can be done. This is a big job.

Hopefully someone or something will provide the breakthrough that precious Relisha needs.

I am looking too - I saw that as well as an article. I am not convinced he knew her since 2005 since someone said he was in prison however other relatives who may have been in prison could have met him then - who knows but I am of the belief there was a connection prior to the shelter.

I'm starting to wonder more if SY's family and KLT have known each other for many years. That's what it's starting to sound like to me. Maybe MT is the one who has known KLT the longest. Maybe MT and KLT knew each other for a very long time through the neighborhood, drug use, etc. I can definitely see this as a likely possibility.

'Relisha Rudd called it the “trap house.”'........from the WP article. What is a 'trap house' and how/why would an 8 year-old use that term anyway? Unless the child heard it from an adult-and what did the adult mean by 'trap house'?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

Relisha was surrounded by trap stars it seems

I believe she used that term because she heard it in the vocab of the adults around her but being 8 was not clear on its slang meaning. It sounds bad. It sounds like somewhere you get stuck and can't escape. She had been at the shelter for two long years. There is no playground, it is a depressing place where you must be on gourd at all times I would imagine. All sorts of reasons people are homeless. Some of them not pretty, criminal history, drug abuse, etc.

So I think she took a term she heard plenty from adults around her and in the music favored by those adults and not being clear on its exact meaning to others it had a meaning to her. A place you are stuck/trapped, an unpleasant place to be.

The signs of a child struggling were there: A cheerleading coach at times helped her wash up in a restroom at school, where clean clothes were kept on hand for her. Social workers responded to at least three reports of abuse or neglect within the family, with police called at least twice. Shelter volunteers noticed a little girl who was eager to participate in two after-school programs but who often wasn’t there. And family members were aware that the girl who dressed as a princess for Halloween was being swapped among them and that, in recent months, a new person had joined her rotation of caregivers: Kahlil Tatum, a 51-year-old shelter custodian who took her for sleepovers at his house and on outings to the movies and the mall. Then simply took her.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1a020a-bc19-11e3-9a05-c739f29ccb08_story.html

A little girl who felt trapped in a lifestyle she had no control over. A little princess who was shuffled endlessly from caregiver to caregiver. The most recent of which took her to Disney on Ice and fun places to do fun things.

Sigh. Makes me angry all over again.

The family says they spoke to Relisha on 3/19 by phone about what she ate for breakfast - a phone call that LE deemed never happened. I find it so interesting that SY picked 3/19 as the date they last talked to her...the same date that things went down at the RRI where AT was found murdered on 3/20.

Did she pick that date out of panic? We know the phone call was a lie. Why that date? Why not say the phone call was on 3/10 or 3/15. Heck...it had been 18 days since RR was last seen. She could have lied about any of the 18 days. Fascinating that she said she talked to her on THAT day.

I will say it again. I believe all the answers to find Relisha can come from that day. And does the family have any prior knowledge about what was to take place at the RRI on 3/19? Maybe...

MOO

Thank's for this! ITA!

SBM & BBM:

My mother's cousin's father's brother's dog's first puppy lived next door to them.
:floorlaugh:

Thank you geegeesmom, for bit a humor in this heartbreaking case. I needed that!

WHERE IS RELISHA?! Still praying for you, baby girl!

You know what? With the list of MT's statements, I'm starting to wonder if MT could have known KLT before he went to prison. Maybe they did drugs together, knew each other from the neighborhood, etc. Just curious, but how old is MT? Does anyone think MT and KLT may have known each other a long time?

I apologize if this has already been asked, but are MT and MY the same person? TIA.

I've been jumping up & down (between here and the PL), trying to keep up with the cast of shady characters, but just when I think I know who everybody is, I get confused again!

I apologize if this has already been asked, but are MT and MY the same person? TIA.

I've been jumping up & down (between here and the PL), trying to keep up with the cast of shady characters, but just when I think I know who everybody is, I get confused again!

Yup. MY and MT are the same. I'll just use MYT. The same problem goes for BW/MW, AW/TW's mom who has been in the media. Is she BW or MW?

Yes, I noticed that too. Do all the flyers on Relisha say that too?

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMC/1229904/1

I saw a different flyer on an FB page dedicated to finding Relisha. I will post the FB link in the PL.

ETA: Actually, I'm not sure I can even post that FB link in the PL...it's not on the list of people we can discuss in the PL (at least not the last time I looked...I'm slowly making my way through the PL, only halfway through 28 pages there, so the rules may have changed). I will need to check with a mod.

Shamika must have been telling them the right number of people while knowing RR wasn't there. Deception!

Is this correct for when SY met KT?
Taken from above article!

"Shamika Young said that she met Tatum in 2005 and that her daughter considered him a godfather."

2005 is the year Relisha was born.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Yes, and if that is true, it tells us that KT was likely out of prison. No one has confirmed that his time in prison was credited back to his arrest in 10/2003 and from the VA records he was to serve 3 of the 12 years on FOUR CHARGES CONCURRENTLY....

If that happened, and I believe it did, then with credit of TWO DAYS for EVERY ONE DAY SERVED, he could have been out by June 2005. Then he had to serve FIVE YEARS PROBATION...I have a suspicion that he was accepted into a program to prevent recidivism (The Delancy Program.) I think his service and then release from that program on 12/15/2011, was done during his FIVE YEARS PROBABTION. And that is what is confusing everyone.

Arrested 10/2003
Indicted 12/15/2003 (Possibly the beginning of time used to equate credit for time served.)
3 years to serve divided by 2 = 18 months = 6/15/2005.

I wish we could really pin down his incarceration...anyone have an in with a file clerk for ARLINGTON COUNTY, VA?

If SY is to be believed Relisha has known Tatum her entire life.

I cannot recall where I read it but it was threads ago. Speculation that Tatum is the person who recommended the shelter to SY and family.

I really wish like you justK that we had a better timeline about when Tatum was released from prison, when he began to work at the shelter and how it relates to when SY and her children entered the shelter.

it would also be very interesting to know the location and circumstances of Tatum and Young meeting in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member