DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

A toddler’s death

In the fall of 1992, a 17-month-old girl named Tarricka arrived at Children’s Hospital with a split lip, a fractured skull and bruises all over her body. She would be the 12th child to die in the District that year of suspected abuse and neglect.

In the aftermath, police charged her father, Irving Rudd, with first-degree murder.

Two witnesses told authorities that Rudd had grabbed Tarricka by the neck, hurled her into an end table and then pounded on her chest, according to a Post story that quoted the charging documents. One witness said the girl lost consciousness after Rudd tossed her onto a couch and she hit her head on its wooden back.

Rudd and his attorney, Madhavan Nair, declined to comment for this article. A jury ultimately convicted Rudd, then 23, and he was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison for involuntary manslaughter.

According to court records, Rudd confessed to police: “Although I’ve killed her, it’s not intentional, and I realize that I have done something wrong.” He said that when the toddler started whining, he “picked her up by the neck and then let her neck go,” and that when she didn’t stop, he took her into a bathroom and “put her under the faucet, and her mouth was open from whining and the water just went in.”

When an officer asked whether Rudd had assaulted the child before, according to the confession, he replied, “Not that one. We both was involved with spanking the other twin too hard and broke her leg.”

After Tarricka was taken to the hospital, authorities went to the family’s home, where they found the girl’s twin sister suffering from similar injuries and weighing only 10 pounds."

"If the court ultimately decides to remove Relisha’s brothers, keeping them together will be a priority, advocates say, especially after already losing their sister.

Relisha, whose nickname is “Li’l Mama,” was the big sister who watched over the boys, relatives said. She would run baths for them and tell them not to eat too much candy when they gobbled down Lemonheads, gummy worms and suckers."

A toddler’s death

In the fall of 1992, a 17-month-old girl named Tarricka arrived at Children’s Hospital with a split lip, a fractured skull and bruises all over her body. She would be the 12th child to die in the District that year of suspected abuse and neglect.

In the aftermath, police charged her father, Irving Rudd, with first-degree murder.

Two witnesses told authorities that Rudd had grabbed Tarricka by the neck, hurled her into an end table and then pounded on her chest, according to a Post story that quoted the charging documents. One witness said the girl lost consciousness after Rudd tossed her onto a couch and she hit her head on its wooden back.

Rudd and his attorney, Madhavan Nair, declined to comment for this article. A jury ultimately convicted Rudd, then 23, and he was sentenced to up to 15 years in prison for involuntary manslaughter.

According to court records, Rudd confessed to police: “Although I’ve killed her, it’s not intentional, and I realize that I have done something wrong.” He said that when the toddler started whining, he “picked her up by the neck and then let her neck go,” and that when she didn’t stop, he took her into a bathroom and “put her under the faucet, and her mouth was open from whining and the water just went in.”

When an officer asked whether Rudd had assaulted the child before, according to the confession, he replied, “Not that one. We both was involved with spanking the other twin too hard and broke her leg.”

After Tarricka was taken to the hospital, authorities went to the family’s home, where they found the girl’s twin sister suffering from similar injuries and weighing only 10 pounds."

This is a faaaar cry from Shaken Baby Syndrome - not that one is less deadly, horrible and tragic than the other, as was rumored (by relatives). OMG These poor children.

No wonder Relisha's dad has been absent in the search!! Did this poor girl have any decent people loving her :(
When a parent is found to have abused or killed their child, part of their sentence should be sterilasation!
That's my own opinion, but I can not understand why these people still have more children! After following teghan's case, the four year old tortured and killed by her mums boyfriend, and seeing mum on the witness stand and knowing she has another baby just makes me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel like any decisions from a Grand Jury will come after this court case next month. What comes out in court could be very beneficial to charges against her. imo

A toddler’s death

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IR is so much older than SY. I have no doubt that she was used by him and abused by him. It seems that SY has been a victim of abuse her whole life and that is so psychologically damaging it would be more of a surprise if she led a normal life. SY is a product of her environment. People like to argue that they grew up in abusive homes and they are fine, but it's not that simple and surely these people are the exceptions to the rules.

The cycle of abuse is incredibly hard to break especially when it is so severe.

" In the November incident, a social worker noted that one of Relisha’s brothers had been thrown to the ground and smacked in the face and that the children said their mother was verbally and physically abusive and left them home alone “often.”"

I have no doubt Relisha's headaches and seizures were caused by trauma from abuse. I am so saddened for these children.

A toddler’s death

OMG :( why......... and HE is the better parent? This is horrible ! This is worse every day ! Where are you baby girl? And has your suffering finally ended ? : please:

No wonder Relisha's dad has been absent in the search!! Did this poor girl have any decent people loving her :(
When a parent is found to have abused or killed their child, part of their sentence should be sterilasation!
That's my own opinion, but I can not understand why these people still have more children! After following teghan's case, the four year old tortured and killed by her mums boyfriend, and seeing mum on the witness stand and knowing she has another baby just makes me sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree, MissUnderstood...and I love this comment by a poster under the Post article:

I think that any judge or social worker who wants to give a kid back to his birth parents (after the kid was removed for alleged abuse/ neglect) should be required to put their own kid in the care of this person for a week, before releasing the abused kid to the parent. .

Retweeted by wusa9
leslifoster ‏@leslifoster 1m
#RelishaRudd is STILL #missing. RT to spread the word and help try to bring her home. #BringThemHome @WUSA9 pic.twitter.com/7u2tONa79u
2ex7f2v.png

I guess now we know why his attorney has advised him to stay as far away from commenting on this case or his children in general.

This poor baby, she has never had one single shot or break in this life. Nor her siblings. MOO

i totally agree, missunderstood...and i love this comment by a poster under the post article:

i think that any judge or social worker who wants to give a kid back to his birth parents (after the kid was removed for alleged abuse/ neglect) should be required to put their own kid in the care of this person for a week, before releasing the abused kid to the parent. .

thats the best idea i have heard yet!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IR is so much older than SY. I have no doubt that she was used by him and abused by him. It seems that SY has been a victim of abuse her whole life and that is so psychologically damaging it would be more of a surprise if she led a normal life. SY is a product of her environment. People like to argue that they grew up in abusive homes and they are fine, but it's not that simple and surely these people are the exceptions to the rules.

The cycle of abuse is incredibly hard to break especially when it is so severe.

I respectfully disagree. To me it comes down to responsibility. I know many who know the right thing, but instead indulge personal gratification or an easier way.

I believe some do take to self medication to dull past demons, that;s why I believe counseling should be a bigger part of government assistance programs.-especially the children to learn life skills.

Reading and catching up on everything, I am ill to my stomach. Just when you think this case can't sink any lower, more info comes out showing that Relisha simply had no one in her corner. Her bio father's past is horrific… shame on the system that let him walk away from killing his daughter with only 15 years served. *smh*

Ok, there seems to be a search this weekend, at Kenilworth Park, right? What I would like to know is if it has been cleared with the National Park Service, and is LE aware of it? I know the National Park Service is highly protective of its parks and the last thing I would want to do as an interested citizen, is to tear into a National Park without permission. Also, will the search be based on legitimate data. (Searches based on empath and psychic information is going to get me nowhere.)

Remember when KW was talking about some article where Relisha's pic was on the front and cut up to look like a jigsaw puzzle? Anyone ever see anything like that? I haven't.

This snip from the linked article by horselightning jumped out at me:

Young described Tatum as a “godfather” to Relisha and said she did not want to file a missing person report. She told the social worker, records show, that she did not understand why the agency was “making such a big deal” about it.

------

We have it there, via MSM, that SY made the minimizing, descriptive statement to a social worker regarding KT, AND she did NOT want to file the missing persons report.

This is a HUGE deal! It can't just be retracted. It has been documented by Social Services, FCOL! :banghead:

This is a clear 180 from what we are hearing now. The WaPo has infinitely more credibility, as does the Social Worker.

Just sayin'....

:candle:
:praying:

#FindRelishaRudd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors