DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Fox5 they showed LE with a piece of evidence in a baggy and the dog sniffing that. The dog followed a path that led to a breezeway of a condo bldg. They put the dog back in the car and later they did the same thing. This time the dog tracked thru a construction area towards a location where Metro is.

So a father is the only parent capable of murder/suicide? Not the housekeeper who would soon be out of a job because the father took a job in Puerto Rico? Not the mother who may have not wanted to go to Puerto Rico?

JMO

I'm not sure of your point because the person running with the bucket also isn't the father. It's a POI in the taking of the Porche. For all we know, the car may have been left on the street with the keys in the ignition.

JMO

D.C. police said Saturday night that they are seeking a person of interest in the deaths of four people in a house in an upscale neighborhood in Northwest Washington.

Police said the individual may have been operating a Porsche automobile linked to the house.

They also provided video footage that appeared to show a man wearing a hoodie moving rapidly behind a building.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...30-b4732caefe81_story.html?tid=pm_local_pop_b

BBM

I disagree with you that this is a murder suicide by either the mother or the housekeeper, or the father or the son for that matter.

It appears that this is a highly patrolled area with security guards, alarm systems and surveillance cameras, but it seems there was no way for this family to actually alert anyone as to what was happening to them. :(

Don't let the affluence fool you. Even the richest areas of DC are not that well patrolled. MPD is worthless.

Could Vera have had a wayward son or daughter with affiliates?

I think closer scrutiny would be to housekeeper, "Nelly's" family and associates. She received a call from SS which pretty much establishes an alibi for her not going to the house.

JMO

I'm actually in shock at this .. I assumed the illegal alien type lawn crews over there were only for lower class clients, seems like a major security risk to me, especially in Washington DC!!

I'm baffled by what you mean here. I don't think undocumented workers are a higher risk for anything other than having their labor exploited.

Oh interesting .. where was that reported I missed that!

Good question! And, actually I have no idea! I read it many pages back... earlier in the thread. Anyone else have a link??

I FOUND IT!!

"Also Thursday morning, one of Savopoulos’s assistants apparently left a package outside the Woodland Drive house, according to the police records. That person then drove to Chantilly and was there through the day"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

I'm baffled by what you mean here. I don't think undocumented workers are a higher risk for anything other than having their labor exploited.

Very true. My husband and I have a lawn service. Nice guys, all. Even our dogs like them.

JMO

I think the guy may have walked right up to the home and walked right in. If the front door was left unlocked, he may have been able to walk right in.

Or I read some post earlier where it was reported an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman was in the area. Could that have been the perp? Like who even sells vacuum cleaners door-to-door anymore?

That sounds like a fake "line" from some burglar approaching homes at random and knocking on their doors to try to rob them.
Could it be possible that was the perp and he just hit this house at random?

If someone knows where the link is that had the report about the vacuum cleaner salesman report, I would like to read about that.
I havent heard of any legitimate door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman since 20-30 years ago.

Police had been aware of unusual activity in the neighborhood, including reports of a prowler, an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman and a man banging on the door of a home.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trendi...strangely-they-were-murdered-housekeeper-says

Was background check done on them?

I think the guy may have walked right up to the home and walked right in. If the front door was left unlocked, he may have been able to walk right in.

Or I read some post earlier where it was reported an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman was in the area. Could that have been the perp? Like who even sells vacuum cleaners door-to-door anymore?

That sounds like a fake "line" from some burglar approaching homes at random and knocking on their doors to try to rob them.
Could it be possible that was the perp and he just hit this house at random?

If someone knows where the link is that had the report about the vacuum cleaner salesman report, I would like to read about that.
I havent heard of any legitimate door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman since 20-30 years ago.
Actually, there still are door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen. I bought my Kirby from one in 2008, and in a different city a few years later, maybe 2011?, I had another Kirby salesman come to the door.

And, yes, they are pretty aggressive.

That profile might fit someone who took the car and torched it but it doesn't fit the profile of someone who was able to gain unforced entry to the home. I think most homes in that price range have security systems. This crime smacks of a personal/vengeful nature.

It strikes me the same way when I heard about the Billings, Petit murders, and when the Husted parents were murdered. It also reminds me of the New Years Day massacre some years back when ex-felons invaded a home and killed everyone inside including children. A family of four iirc. That family was also tortured before the perps finally killed them and they were in the home for quite awhile. The motives in all the mentioned cases was to rob and leave no living witnesses behind.

Most people with security systems do not activate them during the day. They are activated when it is time for everyone to retire for the night. I do wonder if the prowler in the neighborhood was the POI who was casing the place.

Plus no forced entry doesn't really mean anything either, imo. People do still continue to open their doors to strangers and they also will do so in a safe upper class neighborhood. Many of the murder cases we have discussed through the years on WS were cases where there was no forced entry yet in many of them the murderer turnout to be a stranger to the families.

In fact in my own area several years ago a man was murdered in the middle of the day and he lived in the wealthiest neighborhood in the city. A man came to his door asking to do yard work. When he opened the door and was talking with the guy he was pushed back inside and beaten to death by a complete stranger. This suspect was also an ex-felon who had convictions for robbery. His motive in that case was also robbery.

This just seem to have a robbery motive to me rather than a personal vendetta against any of the family members.

I think LE has a lot more evidence including video footage than they have released. The POI seems to be a young male, tall, and thin. The only thing I don't understand is why they pixeled out his face. Maybe LE is wanting to see if anyone can ID him by his walk, size, and clothing. That way if he is caught the defense lawyer cant say the eye witness wrongly IDd the person since they never saw his face in the media.

IMO

In regards to the lawn crew, most wealthy people use established firms with workers on staff, like whenever I've seen 'lawn crew' at wealthy people's homes they're like middle class guys doing lawn duties, usually in uniform or company t shirts. It's not like just casual workers come in and do lawn work in wealthy suburbs ..

I have "that" kind of lawn crew you are referring to. They don't always come on the same day, even though it is always the same guys. Sometimes they come on Monday, sometimes Tuesday if the weather was bad Monday or over the weekend. So I wonder if the lawn crew was perhaps not totally expected.

I don't understand the references in this thread to Hispanic and Latin lawn maintenance workers. Of what relevance is national origin?

Nelitza was working at the martial arts studio during the week, not at the home. She had a regular gig to work at the home on Thursdays. SS hired her to help at the studio, in preparation for its opening.

Apologies if I missed this, but what is the source you have for the information that she was working at the martial arts studio? Do we know what her role/job there would be? Given she's worked for the family for 20 years, it seems odd to me that she'd be of the age where she'd be doing construction work. JMO

Fox5 said he has a hoodie on and when they try to slow down the video to get a better shot it pixelates.

Perp's face isn't pixeled. His back is to the camera and he is wearing a hoodie.

Would they be unsupervised? Would it be possible for one to break away from the group?

I'm actually in shock at this .. I assumed the illegal alien type lawn crews over there were only for lower class clients, seems like a major security risk to me, especially in Washington DC!!

Well, how can I put this politely...

It seems to be something that people turn a blind eye to. Reputable landscaping companies do have supervisors who are onsite, but mostly just initially. After that, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the crews that show up to homes of wealthy clients were 100% illegal aliens (mostly from El Salvador). I have seen so many instances of this that there must be some huge loopholes that allow them to get away with it.

That said, and although their grasp of English is minimal, the vast majority of those workers are good people! They are nice, honest, friendly, indefatigable, hardworking folks. I respect them as people.

Apologies if I missed this, but what is the source you have for the information that she was working at the martial arts studio? Do we know what her role/job there would be? Given she's worked for the family for 20 years, it seems odd to me that she'd be of the age where she'd be doing construction work. JMO

"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday." http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Police had been aware of unusual activity in the neighborhood, including reports of a prowler, an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman and a man banging on the door of a home.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trendi...strangely-they-were-murdered-housekeeper-says

Strange things seem to be happening in that neighborhood. A man banging on a door and a prowler in the neighborhood is scary. I feel it may have been the POI sizing up their home.:( I wish the police had captured the prowler. One thing about it the neighbors were mindful of those who didn't seem to belong in their neighborhood. Hopefully they have more neighbors that saw things. They do have one that spotted their car right? I wonder if they described what the person was wearing and it lines up with the POI? Sometimes only half of what a witness saw or heard will be released. LE will keep the rest of it a secret.

I think the reason they are not releasing which victims specifically died from what is because that is something only the killer would know.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member