DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what the article you linked above says about Savvas' work:

Savvas Savopoulos is listed on the company Web site as president of American Iron Works, a *Hyattsville-based company that manufactures building materials. His Facebook page says that he is the head of Sigma Investment Strategies, a hedge fund and management company, and that he had recently accepted a job in Puerto Rico.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

Sigma Investment Strategies is located in Puerto Rico.

http://prcompanies.us/sigma-investment-strategies-llc.8asN.puerto-rico-company-profile.html

This whole thing is strange, the text and the car both either point to someone close or a home invasion depending on how you view them. Perhaps since the text was to throw people off it follows that the car was too. Very curious.

Remember when the wealthy Hufsted (sp?) parents were murdered? Right away LE told the community that there was no forced entry and the parents' murders weren't random and told everyone they were targeted. That left the community having a false sense of security because finally when the suspect was apprehended he was a total stranger to the family. He was a home invasion robber and when he broke in the parents were there and saw him and that's why he killed them.

I don't know if this is someone close to them like friends and family but it also could be strangers or someone who has worked with the dad in the past. I would first look to see if the dad was having any kind of problems with an employee or one he had to fire recently.

But with LE saying there was no forced entry doesn't really mean anything. People do open their doors even to strangers, unfortunately.

IMO

I strongly felt murder/suicide until the info on the car came out. Now I don't know what to think.

This whole thing is strange, the text and the car both either point to someone close or a home invasion depending on how you view them. Perhaps since the text was to throw people off it follows that the car was too. Very curious.

Maybe it was her way of trying to seek help. She would already know the maid wasn't scheduled to work when she sent it. I think she knew the maid would try to call her and she was hoping when she didn't pick up the maid would call the police.

She may have told the killer(s) that another maid was coming and she needed to text her telling her not to come. If it was a cry for help it so heartbreaking.

IMO

It seems like the killer needed transportation away from the home. So how did he get there? Was he part of the lawn service crew and was caught by the family inside the house? Was there more than one perpetrator? Seems like it...to keep a man and two adult women under control with a knife.

I'm curious that some reporting states that the perpetrator might have used the car on Wednesday. But the sister says she spoke to Mr. Savopoulos on Thursday morning everything seemed fine.

If that's the case, it seems that whomever was using the car was doing so with the families permission. Could the fatal confrontation occurred after the Sister's phone call...maybe when that person was asked to return the car?

I'm curious that some reporting states that the perpetrator might have used the car on Wednesday. But the sister says she spoke to Mr. Savopoulos on Thursday morning everything seemed fine.

If that's the case, it seems that whomever was using the car was doing so with the families permission. Could the fatal confrontation occurred after the Sister's phone call...maybe when that person was asked to return the car?

The timing of sister's phone call and the timing of the text to the housekeeper are crucial. What time was the text sent? If it was before the sister's phone call, why wasn't she told everyone was sick?

I'd also like to know if the housekeeper worked Wednesday and what she has to say about the happenings in the home that day.

'I am so grateful for everything you do': Tribute to mom from surviving daughter of CEO family before they were killed in D.C. arson murder

Abigail Savopoulos, 19, wrote to Amy Savopoulos on Facebook last week

Mother's Day post told how grateful she was to mom who died Thursday

Tribute came days before family home was set ablaze in Washington, D.C.

Police have ruled that the fire was intentional, and consider it murder

Abigail's father Savvas and 10-year-old brother Philip were also killed

Savopolous girls, Abigail and Katerina, were away at boarding school

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-killed-D-C-arson-murder.html#ixzz3aJv9mQ3s

Didn't catch the dogs on the video. Curious, what kind of dogs? Big? Little?

Didn't catch the dogs on the video. Curious, what kind of dogs? Big? Little?

They looked like Golden Retrievers or a combination lab/golden. Older dogs, well fed, walking with leashes. Very mellow and sweet. I wonder if they typically bark at all and if they usually stay outside?

It is so perplexing. Why do all this in broad daylight? Very bold .

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...Suffered-Trauma-Smelled-of-Gas-303883991.html

According to investigators, one of the victims was bleeding from the head and had a heavy smell of gasoline when he or she was transported to Georgetown University Hospital. There's also evidence that points to arson.
I suspect that victim was Amy and that she had been kept alive after the others were killed. If only one person removed from the residence had a heavy smell of gasoline, sounds like that person was doused with gasoline. The only reason to do that, IMO, is to make sure suspect's DNA on body is destroyed. I'm afraid we'll find out that Amy was raped and brutalized after her husband and son were killed. It does remind me of the Petit murders, but I think in this case we'll learn that the perp was known to the family and housekeeper.

For the Porsche to be found so close to American Iron Works, I believe the perp knew SS worked there (no coincidence). The perp also probably lives nearby and may even have been employed by AIW. MOO

The dogs had to be familiar with the perp. not to cause a commotion.
IMO, the dogs were probably accustomed to having a lot of people around, including strangers. The family had domestic staff and a lawn service come in, and possibly had other hired staff. Also, neighbors claimed this family did a lot of entertaining. So, my guess would be that these dogs are extremely sociable and didn't bark at strangers.

I would assume SS had the power to hire and fire. I wonder if someone got let go from the company recently?

What if the person who did this was driven to the house by the father in his Porsche, was a guest, and therefore had no other way to get back to his own car, say at the workplace, other than to take the Porsche?

IMO, the dogs were probably accustomed to having a lot of people around, including strangers. The family had domestic staff and a lawn service come in, and possibly had other hired staff. Also, neighbors claimed this family did a lot of entertaining. So, my guess would be that these dogs are extremely sociable and didn't bark at strangers.

I would agree. The dogs seemed totally oblivious considering the circumstances. They did not seem agitated which is pretty remarkable, especially with the smell of smoke and fire as well as fireman and police that I am assuming were there at the time. I may be reading more into to it than I should but it was as if they reacted with grief and sadness as they were led off from the house.

His sister called him in the morning and he was in good spirits, everything was fine. The neighbor said the grass-cutting crew was there. Who do you think I suspect, someone from the grass-cutting crew. I think this person got scared after he killed them and grabbed the Porsche to run away with. He probably then realized his DNA would be on that too and thus set it on fire and then took off. Also, no one said another car was there thus he came with the grass-cutting crew. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz