DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snippets

Savvas Savopoulos also let her know in a Wednesday night voicemail that the housekeeper who was later found dead had planned to stay overnight at the family’s home and asked that she inform the woman’s family because her cellphone battery had died.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

She said Savvas Savopoulos told her in person Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out, but said in the voice mail left that night that Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed all day.

“It was something very suspicious because I felt his voice was really tense,” Gutierrez said in Spanish. “And it was different than what he had said to me before.”

Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents.

If the fire was extinguished by 17:30 then the 17:51 time stamp can't be right. The perp couldn't be going to get gas with a bucket at that time to come back and start the car fire. I think the 17:51 time is from when the police seized the tape and downloaded it.

I think what's most likely is the clock on the security camera system wasn't adjusted for daylight saving -- it was probably recorded at 16:51 or 4:51PM.

I think what we are observing is the suspect running away from the car after he lit it on fire.

I think what's most likely is the clock on the security camera system wasn't adjusted for daylight saving -- it was probably recorded at 16:51 or 4:51PM.

I think what we are observing is the suspect running away from the car after he lit it on fire.

From what I can see on google maps, it appears to be behind the defense mall which is next to the church parking lot. jmo idk

I'm trying to imagine how one person with just a knife holds three adults hostage and under control for that long. Not saying it's not possible, just very difficult IMO.

I'm assuming since they tried to do CPR that it did not appear that they had been dead since the night before?

At least two cameras are visible outside the Savopoulos' home.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-Victims-in-Burned-DC-Home-Identified-303943171.html

Police asked anyone who saw a blue 2008 Porsche with D.C. tags DK2418 between Wednesday and Thursday at 5 p.m. to contact them.

bbm

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Two-Victims-in-Burned-DC-Home-Identified-303943171.html

Police found the car — torched and unoccupied — in the parking lot of St. Christopher's Episcopal Church in Lanham, Maryland, about 5:15 p.m. Thursday.

From what I can see on google maps, it appears to be behind the defense mall which is next to the church parking lot. jmo idk

I think that's correct. The cameras appear to be mounted to the side of Le Foutaine Bleu, which is a local catering hall. In the first segment, one can see the light post on the east side of the structure. In the second segment, one can see the dumpsters on the south side of the structure.

This article seems to suggest the suspect is carrying a white plastic bag: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/watch-police-seek-person-interest-fatal-fire-article-1.2225395. That would make a lot more sense than a white five-gallon bucket.

I'm trying to imagine how one person with just a knife holds three adults hostage and under control for that long. Not saying it's not possible, just very difficult IMO.

Agreed. Unless of course he also had a gun. I am still leaning toward a two-person theory.

I'm assuming since they tried to do CPR that it did not appear that they had been dead since the night before?

I believe they tried to do CPR on the personal assistant. Unlike the family members, I am wagering she was left alive to perish in the fire.

A 4.5 million dollar home just blocks from Joe Biden's home...I'd bet my morning coffee there is more video to be seen. I think we'll see an arrest sooner than later.

Investigators are also looking for information about the 2008 blue Porsche 911. That car was seen near the house about 10:30 a.m. Thursday. Police found the car — torched and unoccupied — in the parking lot of St. Christopher's Episcopal Church in Lanham, Maryland, about 5:15 p.m. Thursday.

Neighbors who've been in the home said the family had an extensive and valuable art collection, which was on display a couple of years ago during the Christmas house tour put on by St. Albans school, where Phillip was a student.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...terest-in-Woodley-Park-Slaying-304020911.html

A 4.5 million dollar home just blocks from Joe Biden's home...I'd bet my morning coffee there is more video to be seen. I think we'll see an arrest sooner than later.

THIS is why I support cameras everywhere. I'd rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have them.

I think it's "personal" too. If this thing started on Wednesday, why not get in and get out? In that case in Conn....as I recall, they were waiting for the banks to open, to force the family to withdraw cash. But that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Hours and hours in that house with them. It's a horrifying prospect but also puzzling from the point of view of anything other than "personal."

Thinking this through a bit further, the police should count their blessings -- to get to New Carrolton, MD from Northwest Washington DC would require driving across the District during rush hour. Slow traffic, good weather, plenty of surveillance/security cameras. Fingers crossed!

Thinking this through a bit further, the police should count their blessings -- to get to New Carrolton, MD from Northwest Washington DC would require driving across the District during rush hour. Slow traffic, good weather, plenty of surveillance/security cameras. Fingers crossed!

Pretty much who ever it is was in/with that car for approximately 4 hours, seems it would have been seen.

snippets

Savvas Savopoulos also let her know in a Wednesday night voicemail that the housekeeper who was later found dead had planned to stay overnight at the family’s home and asked that she inform the woman’s family because her cellphone battery had died.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

She said Savvas Savopoulos told her in person Wednesday that his wife had plans to go out, but said in the voice mail left that night that Amy Savopoulos had been sick in bed all day.

“It was something very suspicious because I felt his voice was really tense,” Gutierrez said in Spanish. “And it was different than what he had said to me before.”

Minutes before 10 a.m., Gutierrez got a text message from Amy Savopoulos: “I am making sure you do not come today.” Gutierrez, who was then cleaning another home in McLean, replied that she would not be coming, per Savvas Savopoulos’s earlier orders, according to the police documents.

BBM ... I hope I'm wrong, but (IMO) the hooded person in the video appears built like a woman. The jacket looks like a woman's down jacket and the legs look more female to me than male.

The only thing I can determine from the video of the person of interest is that the person seems to have a very long stride, is thin, and is likely tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1