DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leshan POST @ wusa9
Assistant looked like good suspect in #Savopoulos murders BEFORE cops allegedly found Darron #Wint's DNA.

But do we know when JW was interviewed? If he no longer looked like a "good suspect" BEFORE LE found the pizza DNA, why include the interview so explicitly (and allegations he had lied) in CD against DW?
And why include him in SW?
I could have the time-line wrong.
I think there is a date, immediately after the crime that SW asked for, and a date a week later, executed.
JMO if JW not in LE's mind as a potential suspect (granted not a legal suspect or POI) why media abuzz with "focus on assistant?" Should be old news by now and let's move on. I agree with those who say MSM can garble or sensationalize facts, but I also agree that LE promulgates its psychological "games" with witnesses and potential suspects through MSM in many cases and that MSM gets inside info from "police sources," whether through a drink or two at a watering place, a phone call, or a sneak peak. JMO, LE still on the trail, working theory in hand, much more info than we know, and JW not yet off the hook.

The house is huge but it is the smallest, or one of the smallest, in the neighborhood. I can't emphasize enough how wealthy that neighborhood is.

I think it is hard for people to grasp that their house wasn't a big house, and how affluent the neighborhood is. My husband and I are in the top 2% of wage earners, and we were in a 2BR, run down, condo with one unrenovated bathroom. The studio apartments in the building housed engineers, lawyers, accountants, senior senate staff and other professionals. There are mansions in the neighborhood, but the Savopoulos home certainly was not one of them. The only way these people visibly lived large was the Mosler.

They do not tow cars for not having a permit unless they are in a tow away zone. This wasn't one. However, they can search and remove cars under a standard lower than probable cause.

Jeez, could that lower standard include a multiple murder/arson nearby? A rhetorical question. I know the answer.

JMO

OH GEEZ!!!

Ficker on CNN saying that DDW had NO CONTACT with JW! Boom! LOL!!!

However, he also says that no bank is open at 9am...BS? Most banks even in the small town I live open at 8am.

The house is huge but it is the smallest, or one of the smallest, in the neighborhood. I can't emphasize enough how wealthy that neighborhood is.

I totally get what you are saying. And what really haunts me is the proximity to the road on 2 sides! All their property was in the back of the house. And it appears PS's room may have been in the left front second floor. That is where the heavy fire damage seems to be. The main house looks to be like a center hall colonial. PS's room to the left, bathroom in between then another bedroom on the right. Maybe not the MBR to the right but another bedroom.

Re: JW being involved in planning...if so, there was no way he could have thought/wanted the family to escape alive. Think about it: DW would have specifically told SS he wanted JW to deliver the money. Bam SS realizes what's happening. And I just cannot believe he could have wanted that family dead...esp an innocent 10 year old boy. At least I pray not. So for now, I'm going to try and put my suspicions aside...

After delivering the ransom money on the morning of the fire, police said, Wallace drove to Chantilly Va., to help finish building a martial arts studio, and authorities confirmed his location by tracking his cell phone and with receipts and surveillance video from a Virginia hardware store he visited. Police also said Wallace received a call from someone at American Iron Works informing him that his bosses’s house was on fire, and that he immediately drove to Woodland Drive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/...01433445701455

Respectfully, I am basing my opinion directly on the legal documents rather than on the news media's interpretation of the legal documents.

JMO

I practiced corporate law for years. Wouldn't know what to do in a courtroom or a police station, truth be told. But I would never, ever, EVER under any circumstances allow myself to be questioned by police without a lawyer present (one who knew what they were doing, like a criminal or trial lawyer). It is too easy for the police to misinterpret what you say, put words in your mouth, etc. especially if you are under any sort of stress. I would rather have someone who knew what they were doing represent my interests no matter how innocent I was to prevent mistakes or misunderstandings.

I homeschool one of my kids. If the police came knocking on the door because a neighbor called because they saw a kid outside instead of at school I would never, ever let the police in my home without a warrant. Same reason. Even though my home is neat (most days...), safe, and it is abundantly clear that schooling is being done in my home, I would never allow the police to come in my house. I would be polite to them on the front porch and explain that I follow all the applicable laws of my jurisdiction, but I would not let them inside. It is my right, and I do not care if they do not like it.

JMO of course. I do understand what you are saying, and I know my husband feels exactly the same way you do (if I have nothing to hide why wouldn't I be as helpful as possible). Just as a lawyer, I feel like I was trained to do differently. [Insert lawyer joke here]

Thank you pinkandgreenmom!
This is exactly what I what I wanted to hear- a clear answer that I can understand. Unfortunately, even knowing how things can go so wrong, I think I'd be blabbing away answering questions because good interviewers start off so conversationally and I'd get sucked in. I'd like to think at some point when it became clear I was the target, I'd ask for lawyer even if I was innocent, but until then, I'd probably be Good (but naive) Citizen Helping With What I Know and find myself in a predicament.

Oh, how well aware I am of skilled interviewers/interrogators and it truly is amazing. My experiences weren't with anything criminal, just manipulative and controlling people quietly shotgunning questions with a little added bullying that get me flustered. I've always understood about some people confessing to crimes they didn't commit. Skilled manipulators have the ability to make some people doubt themselves.

I had forgotten that.

You also reminded me of the numerous videos we the public have seen in which people are interviewed by trained and skilled investigators.

It didn't occur to me about being misunderstood, but I can see that happening with anyone.

Thank you :)

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan [video=twitter;606588293346697216]https://twitter.com/BruceLeshan/status/606588293346697216[/video]Leesburg, VA
Here's my take. Assistant looked like good suspect in #Savopoulos murders BEFORE cops allegedly found Darron #Wint's DNA. Now, not. @wusa9

I am starting to agree with this view. Earlier today, I misunderstood what they said about JW's BMW being found there and declared myself off the fence about him. But, the more I think about it, I am back on the fence, and maybe now on the side of thinking he is more towards the innocent side than the guilty side. His car has been taken in and examined, they have video of him at the hardware store, they have searched his phone, spoken with his girlfriend, and who knows what else... and here we are with DW arrested and his DNA on a pizza, and JW still not named a suspect. It doesn't mean JW had no role- whether it was malicious or not, he was part of this event due to dropping off the ransom money. I'm sure LE is keeping him on their radar, and it will be interesting to see what else comes out about him and any role in other parts of this.

I still have some doubts though- lying to LE is not a good step to take, but I can still understand that maybe he was trying to somehow protect SS. Maybe he thought the $$ dropoff for SS was for something shady/illicit? IIRC, it took a little bit for official IDs of victims to come out. Maybe he was answering questions about the money dropoff without knowing for certain that SS had died in the fire? Just speculation of course...

I hope the release of information continues

Great input Skigirl. I always forget about that "ignore button." Perhaps because I am the type that would peek.
But thanks, sincerely.
We must protect ourselves at all time. JMO

Police have not said why Wallace offered different accounts. Text messages found by police and obtained by The Washington Post show that Wallace sent a text to Savvas Savopoulos at 8:30 p.m. on May 13: “Got your message, I’ll call you once I get the package.”

The next day, police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” and the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos, “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say

Wallace was in Chantilly at the time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...c1d3f5c_story.html?postshare=1201433445701455

ABCNEWS also had a story tonight revealing some contents of text, when I see the story I'll post it.

I am starting to agree with this view. Earlier today, I misunderstood what they said about JW's BMW being found there and declared myself off the fence about him. But, the more I think about it, I am back on the fence, and maybe now on the side of thinking he is more towards the innocent side than the guilty side. His car has been taken in and examined, they have video of him at the hardware store, they have searched his phone, spoken with his girlfriend, and who knows what else... and here we are with DW arrested and his DNA on a pizza, and JW still not named a suspect. It doesn't mean JW had no role- whether it was malicious or not, he was part of this event due to dropping off the ransom money. I'm sure LE is keeping him on their radar, and it will be interesting to see what else comes out about him and any role in other parts of this.

I still have some doubts though- lying to LE is not a good step to take, but I can still understand that maybe he was trying to somehow protect SS. Maybe he thought the $$ dropoff for SS was for something shady/illicit? IIRC, it took a little bit for official IDs of victims to come out. Maybe he was answering questions about the money dropoff without knowing for certain that SS had died in the fire? Just speculation of course...

I hope the release of information continues
You summed up my opinion too. I thought it was a new SW related to the BMW.

What motive would he have to jump in the Porsche and torch it?

You would think if he had no involvement and was broken up about the deaths and not being able to attend the funeral he would have reached out to family to give his condolences. They have more information than the public about the case and would likely know enough about what has happened that if they assumed his actions meant he wasn't involved, he should have felt that he could/should connect with them. I would assume that he did if he Is innocent.. Does anyone know if he did?

BBM.

Not necessarily. It is not unusual for people who are completely innocent of any wrongdoing to feel guilt for not being able to save the victim. It doesn't matter that there was absolutely nothing they could have done, they still feel guilty in some way and perhaps even ashamed they didn't pick up on clues they think they should have. It's easy for us to see things more clearly when we're not involved in the moment. People will often second-guess themselves wondering what they could have done differently.

I would completely understand if he didn't make contact with the family as MSM is making him out to be a suspect in the torture murder of their parents, brother, children and grandchild.

If he didn't go, he may also have not wanted to be a distraction because of all the pointed innuendo.

I don't know if it's been reported whether is attened or made contact.

What motive would he have to jump in the Porsche and torch it?

What motive did he have to lie about whether or not the Mosler was locked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a link to abc news and their story. It is not the official cd that states otherwise..IMO

Thank you. Yesterday I questioned the basis for abc news's assertion and was greeted with a dismissive reply. When this case started Chief Lanier cautioned about inaccurate leaks/media accounts.

I think it is hard for people to grasp that their house wasn't a big house, and how affluent the neighborhood is. My husband and I are in the top 2% of wage earners, and we were in a 2BR, run down, condo with one unrenovated bathroom. The studio apartments in the building housed engineers, lawyers, accountants, senior senate staff and other professionals. There are mansions in the neighborhood, but the Savopoulos home certainly was not one of them. The only way these people visibly lived large was the Mosler.

Well thats not true. They lived pretty large. Its just that their house was not large in the context of the neighborhood.

I have a procedural question. Would you need a wiretap to turn on the microphone on a dead woman's smartphone? I don't know if people realize that many apps, when you click agree, have permission to turn on your phone, and access your microphone. It's fair to say that if a random app can do this, so can law enforcement. When LE came upon the scene, they'd have looked for phones, and realized they'd been taken. In addition to location information, the phones could have provided a great deal more.

OH GEEZ!!!

Ficker on CNN saying that DDW had NO CONTACT with JW! Boom! LOL!!!

However, he also says that no bank is open at 9am...BS? Most banks even in the small town I live open at 8am.

I saw this segment and Ficker comes across as someone who is mentally deranged. I cant believe that he is a practicing lawyer. He closed out the interview by blurting out that police should be investigating VFs husband saying “ he just arrived in this country ... he should be a suspect” . Not only is this a despicable accusation to make against a grieving husband it is also highly defamatory and as a lawyer Ficker should know you cant make unsubstantiated accusations like that without opening yourself to a lawsuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper