DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What leaks though? The SW's have been unsealed by the court, so they are fair game, right?

What other leaks have we had?

That might be why they are starting to unseal them. But for instance.... blood on Wint's shoe.

The victim's blood on his shoe is pretty compelling evidence that places DW at the crime scene.

JMO

I lived through the OJ trial. I both think OJ did it and seeing the trial I understand why he was found not guilty.

Everyone, SpanishInquisition is on a roll! And that's apropos since it's donut day.

Does anyone have a picture or description of the Mosler licence plate. It seems so odd to not have a current registration. Maybe it is registered wherever the plate is from.

It was registered with a Maryland plate, 3AM3708

Considering how expensive that car is, I'd imagine the car's alarm will record/timestamp on the vehicle's computer each instance the door is locked/unlocked and the alarm is unarmed and armed.

That's really the only logical explanation as to how LE might possibly know that information.
I'm a few pages behind and this may have been addressed but this is a really good point. My mother just bought a 2015 lexus and she gave me a spare key just in case she ever loses hers. So my kid left his iPad in her car last week and I was home during the day, so I rode past her house to look for the iPad. After Ididn't find it in the house, my son says he think he left it in Grandmas truck. I unlocked her door and walla, the iPad was in the backseat. 10 seconds later, my mom calls my phone saying she got an alert that her car was unlocked. I thought that was pretty interesting. I wonder if the Mosler had anything like that.

Here's something to throw out - given how the car is registered to Puerto Rican company, I wonder if the Mosler had PR registration...the car is current, just not for US/DC. If the plan was to kill the S family, they could have intended to take the cars and show a fake backdated sale so that it would appear the Mosler was never stolen. However, with the Mosler being unregistered or with a PR registration that could have thrown a monkey wrench into that as PR has it's own unique vehicle registration process. If SS rarely takes his Mosler out and a fake sale is dated weeks ago and he's not alive to say it's a forgery, you could launder the theft into a clean title to make it appear SS sold his car before he was murdered and that it was not stolen.

I missed something. What car is registered to PR company? The Audi?

I'm a few pages behind and this may have been addressed but this is a really good point. My mother just bought a 2015 lexus and she gave me a spare key just in case she ever loses hers. So my kid left his iPad in her car last week and I was home during the day, so I rode past her house to look for the iPad. After Ididn't find it in the house, my son says he think he left it in Grandmas truck. I unlocked her door and walla, the iPad was in the backseat. 10 seconds later, my mom calls my phone saying she got an alert that her car was unlocked. I thought that was pretty interesting. I wonder if the Mosler had anything like that.

That is crazy!!!

But this was a 2004. I don't think technology was there at that time.

Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c47b93_story.html?postshare=3561433524337100

Here's something to throw out - given how the car is registered to Puerto Rican company, I wonder if the Mosler had PR registration...the car is current, just not for US/DC. If the plan was to kill the S family, they could have intended to take the cars and show a fake backdated sale so that it would appear the Mosler was never stolen. However, with the Mosler being unregistered or with a PR registration that could have thrown a monkey wrench into that as PR has it's own unique vehicle registration process. If SS rarely takes his Mosler out and a fake sale is dated weeks ago and he's not alive to say it's a forgery, you could launder the theft into a clean title to make it appear SS sold his car before he was murdered and that it was not stolen.

BBM

Sigma Investment Enterprises, Inc. is a corporation formed in Delaware, and registered to do business in Maryland. It has never been registered to do business in Puerto Rico. I do not think you can obtain a registration for a vehicle in Puerto Rico without having it titled there. The Mosler was titled in Maryland.

Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c47b93_story.html?postshare=3561433524337100

OK, that is weird. Since money was found in the back of the truck. And I would think it isn't normal (and maybe illegal?) for someone to be riding in the back of that truck.

I guess that PR could mean just specifically about the Savopoulos kidnapping/murder/arson part?

Fox News, Ron Wheeler:

Why Assistant being looked at?

1. JW never went to LE to tell he did drop off; LE had to go & get him to question him about drop off

2. Initially had said he dropped off $ on the porch

Did I understand the second point correctly??

Fox News, Ron Wheeler:

Why Assistant being looked at?

1. JW never went to LE to tell he did drop off; LE had to go & get him to question him about drop off

2. Initially had said he dropped off $ at the porch

Did I understand the second point correctly??

HHMMM...go get him where?

And the CD never said anything about the porch. That was early reports, but I would think if that was his original story...it would have been in the SW and CD. Since they did in fact put his inconsistencies in them.

Ron Wheeler:

In his opinion, DW not too smart, not to pull this off alone--look at his record, criminal background

DW, in Wheeler's opinion, would not know details of the alarm system, info about the details of the home

^^Paraphrasing

I agree it's odd to have a car enthusiast's car and leave unregistered for over a year, taking up precious real estate in the garage. I would think if he just couldn't part with it but didn't intend to drive it, he might have had it stored off-site someplace. I also wonder why JW was driving it with an expired registration (recall the picture of it in the parking lot that he put on SM).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right and it had no front tag.

HHMMM...go get him where?

And the CD never said anything about the porch. That was early reports, but I would think if that was his original story...it would have been in the SW and CD. Since they did in fact put his inconsistencies in them.

Perhaps, JW initially told another (not LE) that's where he placed the $

Ron Wheeler:

In his opinion, DW not too smart--look at his record, background

DW, in Wheeler's opinion, would not know details of the alarm system, info about the details of the home

This is what I've wondered all along. I, for example, would not know that the video fed into a DVR. How did he? He could have gotten that information from SS but I wouldn't know even to ask, I would assume its in the camera itself. He held them for 19 hours without anyone knowing it was going on and eluded police suspicion for several days. All of this indicates a brain at work. I haven't been able to tell if DW is intelligent. He's clearly oppositional, and unable to hold a job as a result. But thats different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member