DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because in the past he had given LE his brother's name. The prosecutor wants a direct link between prints taken while in custody to any prints found at the crime scene.

JMO

IIRC a news story a few days after Wint's DNA matching pizza announced reported a "police source" as saying a fingerprint found on water bottle that did not match Wint's and could be "accomplice." Have no studies to cite to confirm my silly theory that there's people who get on board the bottled-water trend and people who don't. While some folks would pull a cold one out of the fridge, others would rustle up a Crystal Springs. The health-minded, runners, athletes, and light social drinkers tend to bottled water same way others always keep a six pack of sodas on hand.
Let me stereotype cause you can't stop me! Wint and his brother are not bottled water types unless on the job trying to stay hydrated. JW, in one photo,holds a bottle of water as naturally as a cowboy wears a ten gallon hat. Yoga, car racing, running, working out go hand in hand with bottled water.
I concede: People of every demographic drink bottled water. Even I will if I'm thirsty and it's not cocktail time or my host has nothing else but sugary sodas and V8 on hand. I take a bottle with on hot days on long drives. I keep one on hand for the dogs with their own special collapsable bowl.

LE mum on prints on water bottle found at scene. Haven't they had plenty of time to check for Wint's on it? I thought they could take prints even if people not charged, just detained for questioning. Did they ask the court specifically to test DW's prints on the water-bottle or on all surfaces and items?
Yeah, yeah. I will catch myself up.

ALL the above from my white board which I got from the set of "House." Call them "silly," but House+ co. would never come up with their improbably diagnoses if they didn't float it all.

Is it common to keep keys in a garage? Or, was the text code "we obtained the keys from SS"?

Without it being in neutral the wheels are locked so the tires would be burning because they aren't moving. I doubt that would be done to a car worth 700K.

You can ruin the transmission by dragging the driver tires. There may be other reasons too they haven't towed it. I'm also asking if anyone remembers it being towed or moved since the crime.

You can ruin the transmission by dragging the driver tires. There may be other reasons too they haven't towed it. I'm also asking if anyone remembers it being towed or moved since the crime.

Right, If SS left the car in gear vs neutral which most people with a stick do to avoid the car from rolling away in case the e brake fails(I always leave mine in gear w/ the emergency brake on in case the emergency break fails). If SS left the car in neutral I suppose they could take the chance and drag it but I highly doubt it considering the price of the car.

cars can be towed without the keys and with missing parts.

Yes you can in most cases. I don't know if they'd risk damaging the transmission though. OR maybe this isn't the case at all...Maybe they have the keys and didn't need to tow it. I really don't know those details.

You can block individuals and everyone else can see a photo. I've done this as well. :)

And would he put a job he seemed to love in jeopardy like that? I know what the next response will be...someone will just come back with it was only a temporary job and he was planning this crime and his job didn't matter.

This crime is so evil on it's own merit. I honestly do not understand - and have said this from the beginning - why it has to be so much more dastardly than it is on face value. The SW for JW was issued 3+ weeks ago. The Mosler registration discovered 2 1/2 weeks ago. If there was anything to it, he would be behind bars IMO.

The scene and cars have all been released back to the family. No futher arrests have been made. IMO, if LE had any further interest in JW, if they didn't have their answers answered to their satisfaction, that would not be the case.

Hey I have a question. Did they EVER move the Mosler since the crime? Methinks they haven't been able to move it. Maybe the key hasn't been found?

I agree. Which is why they immediately knew JW didn't put the money in the Mosler...

I do not believe they would risk being seen towing the car. They would have had to do a car shuffle and back in the tow truck. Someone in the neighborhood would have definitely noticed a tow truck.

(Okay..I am dumb. I thought we were talking about JW taking the car. Duh..)

Even if police couldn't find a key, by now they surely could have gotten keys from the manufacturer if that was the reason to not tow the car.
I also think if the choice was between damaging the car vs. finding a quadruple killer -which one would be more important in the eyes of the police?

fwiw..I noticed a couple of JW's friends did the same thing. I found that odd but maybe because I'm just suspicious. :thinking:

I thought it was particularly odd that his girlfriend did so, since her name has not been released. BTW, I still have not seen anything in writing that names the girlfriend as D2. If anyone has that, please post? TIA.

And would he put a job he seemed to love in jeopardy like that? I know what the next response will be...someone will just come back with it was only a temporary job and he was planning this crime and his job didn't matter.

This crime is so evil on it's own merit. I honestly do not understand - and have said this from the beginning - why it has to be so much more dastardly than it is on face value. The SW for JW was issued 3+ weeks ago. The Mosler registration discovered 2 1/2 weeks ago. If there was anything to it, he would be behind bars IMO.

The scene and cars have all been released back to the family. No futher arrests have been made. IMO, if LE had any further interest in JW, if they didn't have their answers answered to their satisfaction, that would not be the case.

You very well may be right. But there's a chance he's involved. So people are trying to exhaust that avenue like any good detective would.

I agree. Which is why they immediately knew JW didn't put the money in the Mosler...

How would they know that? The suspect couldn't have left the keys out and then took it?

Wow... I've never thought of that! That's it!!! They haven't located the key! Thus, in
WJ first account, he retrieved the Mosler key from inside of garage, unlocked, deposited
$$$, locked the Mosler, closed garage! Ok... Where's the key WJ? Oh, now I remember I forgot, car was unlocked. Ok, then where's the key? and then registration is found in BMW!

I'm betting we will soon see a search warrant that seeks that key.

I thought it was particularly odd that his girlfriend did so, since her name has not been released. BTW, I still have not seen anything in writing that names the girlfriend as D2. If anyone has that, please post? TIA.

The only place I saw the gf's name was on Nate's blog.

Even if police couldn't find a key, by now they surely could have gotten keys from the manufacturer if that was the reason to not tow the car.
I also think if the choice was between damaging the car vs. finding a quadruple killer -which one would be more important in the eyes of the police?

And of course, the scene was released back to the family yesterday - which included all cars. If LE hadn't be able to get what they needed from the Mosler because of a lack of key...or whatever...this certainly would not be the case. I have a handful of words I could use to describe this, but apparently that is offensive.

oh come on guy's. Cars get towed everyday, even super duper expensive ones. It seems pretty obvious why the mosler wasn't brought in. There is no other explanation. Do you really think the police are going to say, welllllll gosh thats a really expensive car there, I know we are investigating a horrible murder where a ten year old boy was tortured and burned and three other adults horribly brutalized, But gosh we can't take the expensive car that is the motive for all of this and was used as the money drop, because wellllll it's a mosler. seriously I just don't believe for one second that the police give a rat's bottom what kind of car it is. If they thought it was used as the money drop and had evidence they would have taken it.....JMO though.

oh come on guy's. Cars get towed everyday, even super duper expensive ones. It seems pretty obvious why the mosler wasn't brought in. There is no other explanation. Do you really think the police are going to say, welllllll gosh thats a really expensive car there, I know we are investigating a horrible murder where a ten year old boy was tortured and burned and three other adults horribly brutalized, But gosh we can't take the expensive car that is the motive for all of this and was used as the money drop, because wellllll it's a mosler. seriously I just don't believe for one second that the police give a rat's bottom what kind of car it is. If they thought it was used as the money drop and had evidence they would have taken it.....JMO though.

I don't believe it either. Police aren't going to worry about the price of the car if they need evidence to find the quadruple killer. If they wanted to take that car apart to find evidence, they would have.

I think the Mosler wasn't operable even if the key was available. That's the only reason I can think of for why it wasn't stolen.

JMO

Devil's advocate here. If a car enthusiast/wanna be car thief is in on the crime, wouldn't he know the Mosler won't operate without a code? Wouldn't he bring the device to bypass so could turn on ignition? BBC produced a video to show how and everyone up in arms because London known for high level of high end car theft. Second, SS would have given the key up, given the code. There's also a system for making a key that involves programming a blank.

Back to drawing board. Why wasn't Mosler stolen? Decided too hard to unload it so plan B? Had to beat a hasty retreat? Buyer shows late to find a crowd of onlookers, fire fighters and police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1