DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why seize a vehicle and risk damaging it in the tow if LE can't open the door? They would have had to break into it and that would destroy the chain of evidence.

JMO

I am sure if LE has needed to break a window to get into a car, that car can still be used as evidence. Document it wasn't broken before, document with video the breaking of the window and subsequent actions. Since when does breaking a window on an expensive car outweigh evidence in a quadruple homicide?

How does anyone even know if the Mosler was locked? As so many love to say...link?

And of course, what about the fact that the car has been released back to the family? So LE just said "Oh well...it's been 3 weeks. Nothing more we can do about it. Let it go!"

Devil's advocate here. If a car enthusiast/wanna be car thief is in on the crime, wouldn't he know the Mosler won't operate without a code? Wouldn't he bring the device to bypass so could turn on ignition? BBC produced a video to show how and everyone up in arms because London known for high level of high end car theft. Second, SS would have given the key up, given the code. There's also a system for making a key that involves programming a blank.

Back to drawing board. Why wasn't Mosler stolen? Decided too hard to unload it so plan B? Had to beat a hasty retreat? Buyer shows late to find a crowd of onlookers, fire fighters and police?

I think SS had disabled the Mosler so that it couldn't be driven. I'm talking about removing spark plugs or doing something that--even with a key and code--would make it impossible to drive.

If the purpose for the home invasion was to steal a $700,000 vehicle and the intruders realized that was going to be impossible, that would really make them mad, wouldn't it? So they went with plan B, which was the ransom money and the most they could get was $40,000.

JMO

Why seize a vehicle and risk damaging it in the tow if LE can't open the door? They would have had to break into it and that would destroy the chain of evidence.

JMO

so are you saying that the value of the car is more important than the investigation. And i'm pretty certain that the crime lab people know how to open locked cars of any sort in order to collect evidence. In fact I would venture to guess they do it on a daily basis. Again i'm going to say, I just No Way, No How believe for one second that the police were more concerned about the value of that car than they were about this investigation. And if that is the case they should all be fired.

It just may be off limits per say until they either locate the key or get a replacement key.

The house and cars were released back to the family yesterday. So now everything is free to be dealt with by the family...except the all important Mosler, still located in the garage, to the house that has been released to the family? Huh?

Taking a massive break here. No way to do anything other than speculate, we just have very little to go on. I'll be very curious to see what happens over the next week or so. Wint is in custody, and so, we think (opinion backed by debated accuracy of news reports) is his brother.
At some point that has to yield something.

Maybe LE is no longer looking at JW, and that's why they released the SWs that sounded bad for him. Or maybe they are trying to put the squeeze on him. Or get DW to talk. We just don't know, and it's good we don't. I want them to get this absolutely right. And then nail the bastards, whoever they may be. I can't speculate or theorize anymore, even though it is interesting to try to figure out the angles.
I'm going to wait for LE to tell me what they think.

Of course I'll be watching to see who got it right. ;)

I thought it was particularly odd that his girlfriend did so, since her name has not been released. BTW, I still have not seen anything in writing that names the girlfriend as D2. If anyone has that, please post? TIA.

I don't know if get name has been posted here. It's out there and many know it....MODERATOR: can I post or no?

The only "source" we have for JW "taking the car for a spin" is an admitted liar and self-promoter, JW himself.

He posted that picture on his FB and he was FB friends with SS, and Phillip. Hard to believe he would post that if it was a lie.

So getting keys from the manufacturer is impossible now days?

If the manufacturer no longer makes the car, it can be difficult especially if the car is old. I doubt Mr. Mosler has extra keys just laying around.

JMO

Snips, read the story for Wallace text messages, trying to keep in context.

Text records give a different story altogether. Wallace texted Savopoulos around 8:30 p.m. on May 13, saying, “Got your message, I’ll call you once I get the package.”

The next morning, Wallace made several phone calls and sent several text messages, including one to a woman around 9 a.m. that included a picture of the red bag and cash.

“Daaaamn,” the woman wrote back, according to the Washington Post. “I wonder how much it is?”

“40,” Wallace responded, which wowed the woman, who wrote back, “Jesus.” The woman was his girlfriend, WTTG-TV reported.

By about 10:30 a.m., Wallace texted his boss, “Package delivered.”
By the time of the blaze, Wallace was in Chantilly, Va., where he was helping Savopoulos start a martial arts studio.

An employee of the iron works business told Wallace the home was engulfed in flames and he sped off to check on his employers.

Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” he wrote in one of several texts messages to Amy and Savvos

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...estigation-zeroes-assistant-article-1.2246339

The house and cars were released back to the family yesterday. So now everything is free to be dealt with by the family...except the all important Mosler, still located in the garage, to the house that has been released to the family? Huh?

1. Was the Mosler towed?

2. If you're answer is "No", then I ask you, Why not? This isn't rhetorical.

If the manufacturer no longer makes the car, it can be difficult especially if the car is old. I doubt Mr. Mosler has extra keys just laying around.

JMO
So you are suggesting that if the owner himself lost the keys, he would have on his hands a $700k car and no way to use it?

I think SS had disabled the Mosler so that it couldn't be driven. I'm talking about removing spark plugs or doing something that--even with a key and code--would make it impossible to drive.

If the purpose for the home invasion was to steal a $700,000 vehicle and the intruders realized that was going to be impossible, that would really make them mad, wouldn't it? So they went with plan B, which was the ransom money and the most they could get was $40,000.

JMO

And the fact that there were many other expensive cars were there...and the one they did take was burned to the ground?? If there was a plan to take the Mosler and get it hidden, they could have substituted the Porsche. But they didn't.

JMO but they didn't need to tow the Mosler because it was within the garage and they could exam it and do their forensic exam there.

JMO but they didn't need to tow the Mosler because it was within the garage and they could exam it and do their forensic exam there.

That sounds valid. Do we know what, if any, other cars were in the garage?

so are you saying that the value of the car is more important than the investigation. And i'm pretty certain that the crime lab people know how to open locked cars of any sort in order to collect evidence. In fact I would venture to guess they do it on a daily basis. Again i'm going to say, I just No Way, No How believe for one second that the police were more concerned about the value of that car than they were about this investigation. And if that is the case they should all be fired.

No, I'm saying the Mosler is evidence. If LE destroy evidence then it becomes inadmissible at trial. I'm not quite as certain as you are that crime scene technicians know how to unlock a $700,000 car.

JMO

I do not believe they would risk being seen towing the car. They would have had to do a car shuffle and back in the tow truck. Someone in the neighborhood would have definitely noticed a tow truck.

(Okay..I am dumb. I thought we were talking about JW taking the car. Duh..)

I have a theory. When I saw a report, with an AIW employee being interviewed, that the type of vests in a box in the Savospoulos garage were not used at AIW, I had a bizarre visceral reaction and my hair stood up. That is a pretty unique reaction for me. I've been trying to understand why my instincts screamed at me that it is important.

Early on, I believed the vests were for Mr. Savospoulos' site visits. So, if they were not, why were they in that garage? They probably were not for Philip's racing; his go-kart seems to be stored off-site. If they were safety vests for early morning runs or bike rides, there wouldn't be a box of them. Is the garage cluttered and a catch-all area where they keep random junk? That seems unlikely.

To me, the news of the vests not being in use at AIW suggested there had been a great deal of preparation for these hideous crimes. I'm not sure why, that was my immediate gut reaction. I'm trying to understand why my gut says the vests were part of a complex plan.

What if it's that there was a plan to steal cars in plain sight? That could explain calling in a rolling auto shop. I realize that they were arriving a day late, but criminals don't have to keep timely schedules. It also could be that they'd hoped for a tow truck, and got a repair truck.

It is a stretch.

No, I'm saying the Mosler is evidence. If LE destroy evidence then it becomes inadmissible at trial. I'm not quite as certain as you are that crime scene technicians know how to unlock a $700,000 car.

JMO

I have no doubt they would figure out a way. JMO I believe they do this kind of stuff daily. And I don't think it matters what kind of car it is or how much it's worth. That would not be their concern, they would be concerned with getting evidence. It amazes me that people think just because it is an expensive car means that police won't do what they have to do to get evidence. This car would be treated just as any other car involved in an investigation.

I have a theory. When I saw a report, with an AIW employee being interviewed, that the type of vests in a box in the Savospoulos garage were not used at AIW, I had a bizarre visceral reaction and my hair stood up. That is a pretty unique reaction for me. I've been trying to understand why my instincts screamed at me that it is important.

Early on, I believed the vests were for Mr. Savospoulos' site visits. So, if they were not, why were they in that garage? They probably were not for Philip's racing; his go-kart seems to be stored off-site. If they were safety vests for early morning runs or bike rides, there wouldn't be a box of them. Is the garage cluttered and a catch-all area where they keep random junk? That seems unlikely.

To me, the news of the vests not being in use at AIW suggested there had been a great deal of preparation for these hideous crimes. I'm not sure why, that was my immediate gut reaction. I'm trying to understand why my gut says the vests were part of a complex plan.

What if it's that there was a plan to steal cars in plain sight? That could explain calling in a rolling auto shop. I realize that they were arriving a day late, but criminals don't have to keep timely schedules. It also could be that they'd hoped for a tow truck, and got a repair truck.

It is a stretch.

Good theory!

My first thought about the vest was the person had blood on their shirt and saw/grabbed the vest on the way out of the house as a quick cover up..idk jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55