DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Devil's advocate here. If a car enthusiast/wanna be car thief is in on the crime, wouldn't he know the Mosler won't operate without a code? Wouldn't he bring the device to bypass so could turn on ignition? BBC produced a video to show how and everyone up in arms because London known for high level of high end car theft. Second, SS would have given the key up, given the code. There's also a system for making a key that involves programming a blank.

Back to drawing board. Why wasn't Mosler stolen? Decided too hard to unload it so plan B? Had to beat a hasty retreat? Buyer shows late to find a crowd of onlookers, fire fighters and police?
Why wasn't Mosler stolen?
Because killers goal was to get cash?

Devil's advocate here. If a car enthusiast/wanna be car thief is in on the crime, wouldn't he know the Mosler won't operate without a code? Wouldn't he bring the device to bypass so could turn on ignition? BBC produced a video to show how and everyone up in arms because London known for high level of high end car theft. Second, SS would have given the key up, given the code. There's also a system for making a key that involves programming a blank.

Back to drawing board. Why wasn't Mosler stolen? Decided too hard to unload it so plan B? Had to beat a hasty retreat? Buyer shows late to find a crowd of onlookers, fire fighters and police?

Driver to storage location chickened out and decided to just take some cash instead?

I think if LE wanted to tow a car,they would find a way. They do it all the time.

I think they already searched it at the very beginning. Didn't the CD state that no red bag, manila envelope, money, or money wrappers were found in the car in the garage? I don't think they relied on simply peering through the windows.

JMO

You can ruin the transmission by dragging the driver tires. There may be other reasons too they haven't towed it. I'm also asking if anyone remembers it being towed or moved since the crime.
Nope!

oh come on guy's. Cars get towed everyday, even super duper expensive ones. It seems pretty obvious why the mosler wasn't brought in. There is no other explanation. Do you really think the police are going to say, welllllll gosh thats a really expensive car there, I know we are investigating a horrible murder where a ten year old boy was tortured and burned and three other adults horribly brutalized, But gosh we can't take the expensive car that is the motive for all of this and was used as the money drop, because wellllll it's a mosler. seriously I just don't believe for one second that the police give a rat's bottom what kind of car it is. If they thought it was used as the money drop and had evidence they would have taken it.....JMO though.

IMO is that the investigators have no reason to believe the Mosler was ever opened. I agree, cars are towed everyday but not 700K cars with no keys. They stated in the charging documents that they did not see any money, etc in the car visually. It is extremely difficult to drag a car w/o the keys and hope the car goes the direction that you want it to in order to line up on the rollback. Now the next part is even trickier and that is to get this car off of the rollback w/o the keys and the wheels locked up without causing damage to the car. Not impossible but imo it's not likely either.

How would they know that? The suspect couldn't have left the keys out and then took it?

If the car was never unlocked and they have yet to find the keys, it would be impossible to put the money in a locked car.

IMO is that the investigators have no reason to believe the Mosler was ever opened. I agree, cars are towed everyday but not 700K cars with no keys. They stated in the charging documents that they did not see any money, etc in the car visually. It is extremely difficult to drag a car w/o the keys and hope the car goes the direction that you want it to in order to line up on the rollback. Now the next part is even trickier and that is to get this car off of the rollback w/o the keys and the wheels locked up without causing damage to the car. Not impossible but imo it's not likely either.

How do they have no reason to believe the car was ever opened when they have testimony saying it was used to place the money in? It doesn't make sense.

oh come on guy's. Cars get towed everyday, even super duper expensive ones. It seems pretty obvious why the mosler wasn't brought in. There is no other explanation. Do you really think the police are going to say, welllllll gosh thats a really expensive car there, I know we are investigating a horrible murder where a ten year old boy was tortured and burned and three other adults horribly brutalized, But gosh we can't take the expensive car that is the motive for all of this and was used as the money drop, because wellllll it's a mosler. seriously I just don't believe for one second that the police give a rat's bottom what kind of car it is. If they thought it was used as the money drop and had evidence they would have taken it.....JMO though.

Why seize a vehicle and risk damaging it in the tow if LE can't open the door? They would have had to break into it and that would destroy the chain of evidence.

JMO

You still have to drag it on and get it off with the wheels locked up.

Didn't police take parts of BMW when they were searching it? But Mosler is off limits? If police decided to take the Mosler apart, they could have. I really doubt they are so worried about damaging it.

Why seize a vehicle and risk damaging it in the tow if LE can't open the door? They would have had to break into it and that would destroy the chain of evidence.

JMO

So getting keys from the manufacturer is impossible now days?

Didn't police take parts of BMW when they were searching it? But Mosler is off limits? If police decided to take the Mosler apart, they could have. I really doubt they are so worried about damaging it.

It just may be off limits per say until they either locate the key or get a replacement key.

totally agree... so you're saying that you don't think that the money was put into the Mosler? What's your theory? Where do you think JW put the money?

so you think the police were more concerned about the car than the investigation. I mean they took all the other cars including the ones that were not red.

Do we all agree that we think the Mosler was never towed, and most likely still in the garage? Yay or nay.

I think given the Mosler was in a safe, closed location, LE could do whatever tests they wanted on it without moving it - fingerprints, DNA swabbing, luminol, you name it! The other cars were in the driveway and not in a controlled environment. JMO

so you think the police were more concerned about the car than the investigation. I mean they took all the other cars including the ones that were not red.

I don't think the LE are going to take a brick and smash the window to get inside the car..I think they are smart people that will wait to get a key. There job is not to destroy evidence, in fact they leave things the way they were found as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1