DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe JW knew where the Mosler was parked until he got the cryptic message confirming it.

How would it be possible for him not to know? He drove his boss to and from work.

<snip>

In addition, June 5 interviews with contractors who were working on the Savopoulos garage at the time of the murders raised more questions about the accuracy of Wallace’s account of his delivering what the police call “ransom money” immediately before the murders and arson.
The contracting company who was hired by Savopoulos to enlarge the garage say that accessing it required using a coded electronic remote control system. “This I know for sure–you could not manually open or close those garage doors,” said Bill Davies, president of BDC Companies, a Washington, D.C. general contractor hired by Savopoulos to expand the garage from a two to three car bay structure. “You had to use an automatic remote control. It might have had a keypad but I don’t remember seeing one, I never entered from the garage doors, and I never knew an access code number.”

Davies, who confirmed that the garage housed one car–Savopoulos’s $700,000 red Mosler racing car–said that when he accessed the garage, he would enter the front door of the Savopoulos residence and enter the garage from the kitchen. “Even the door inside the house to the garage was locked and required a remote control to enter the garage.”

BBM

http://www.nate-thayer.com/savopoul...ized-from-jordan-wallace-in-d-c-murder-probe/

I think it's safe to assume that if JW just drove this car, then he clearly would know it as a Mosler. I don't think SS would refer to his 700K Mosler to JW as "the red one"..idk JMO

As has been pointed out, DDW might have sent that text - in fact, that would seem highly likely to me. Not a stretch for me at all. That does not however mean that the two were colluding in this crime. We know SS was tied up. DDW could have been sending all of the texts that morning, for all we know.

If JW and DDW were in on it together, why even say anything about where to put the money? He could have just driven up to the house and knocked on the door.

So you're saying he should assume it's always in the same spot???

I think it is actually fair to say that the Mosler was never left parked on the street like their other cars. Especially a car that is rarely driven.

<snip>

With Wallace possessing the registration papers of Savopoulos&#8217;s Mosler racing car which police say Wallace both acknowledged having accessed and lying to them about it in connection to the drop off
of ransom money connected to the murders, more unanswered questions have been raised about Wallace&#8217;s exact role in the mysterious drama surrounding the quadruple murders.

BBM

http://www.nate-thayer.com/savopoul...ized-from-jordan-wallace-in-d-c-murder-probe/

Not sure how to interpret this?

As has been pointed out, DDW might have sent that text - in fact, that would seem highly likely to me. Not a stretch for me at all. That does not however mean that the two were colluding in this crime. We know SS was tied up. DDW could have been sending all of the texts that morning, for all we know.

If JW and DDW were in on it together, why even say anything about where to put the money? He could have just driven up to the house and knocked on the door.

Eaxctly, that was my point. I don't believe SS would refer to that car as the Mosler and for JW not to question that is odd(I can't say for sure that JW didn't question SS(ex.red car? The Mosler,right?) since i don't have transcripts but I do assume he didn't question it because that is how JW referred to the Mosler to LE on the CD's as the red car)

If they were in it together and doing this then why wouldn't they think they were going to get away with this? There was another person that knew JW had the 40K so I would think they were trying to cover all their bases with making it look legit with the texts not thinking LE would investigate further. The murders might not of ever been part of JW's plan..JMO

So you're saying he should assume it's always in the same spot???

It isn't an established fact that JW drove SS to and from work. I'm pretty sure the photos of the Mosler posted on JW's sm were not taken in SS' home garage.

JMO

I think, if i recall correctly they processed his car on the 21st, and the SW was requested on the 15th, so they waited 6 days to search it. I think it stated also that they took the car into custody on the 14th. So they had the car and the warrant, but waited 6 days to do it. I hope i'm correct on those dates.

Yeah I don't know about their bandwidth but I wonder why they would wait a week.

Re JW's Strong Alibi (when murders occurred):

<snip>

After dropping off the package of money, Wallace then drove to Virginia to work at a martial arts studio owned by Savopoulos, surveillance camera footage and phone records confirm, providing Wallace a strong alibi for not being present at the crime scene when the murders occurred.

Security cameras show Wallace was at a hardware store near a martial arts studio owned by Savopoulos in Chantilly, Virginia from 11:30 A.M until noon.
Savopoulos called Wallace at 11:54 a.m on Thursday, May 14, but the call was not answered, records show. It was the last incoming or outgoing call Savopoulos made or answered before the fire and his murder, which police say occurred sometime between noon and 1:24 P.M Thursday, when Washington emergency personnel were dispatched after reports of a house fire.
Wallace was in Chantilly at 1:34 P.M, according to cell phone tower records, when firefighters arrived at the Savopoulos residence in Washington, D.C.&#8212;-placing Wallace 30 miles away from the crime scene.

That's not how I read it. I read it that if you think you've got it all figured out and shoot down every other theory as silly or ridiculous then why are you here?

I read it the opposite of what you claim.
That poster suggested that we shouldn't even be posting here unless we are convinced that JW is involved. Believing that DW did it alone or with other accomplices is just not good enough to post here.
:banghead:

I think ff she's not answered the house phone or people's cell phone messages or texts, he could have assumed (as I would) that she would have been out doing what she does or even out walking the dogs among other things. She could have been driving and not answering the phone. If she was walking the dogs, that's an excellent reason to offer her a ride like he did.

Yes. A good explanation. Why does he call AS, but as far as we know, not SS? Does he think SS is at the Dojo? If so, wouldn't his next call be to SS? "I got word your house is on fire and I'm trying to locate Amy. On my way there now. No one has heard from you. Call me."
JUST ME, but I wouldn't tell a person to go home to their home on fire.

Since AIW had called JW, why didn't he ask if AIW had been able to locate AS, SS, PS? Why not call the fire department and ask if any info on his employer and family? Alert FD that dogs might be in house.
What does he expect Any to do (if she is ok), grab an ax and a hose? Has he no sense? He leaves this Eddie Haskell text, "Hey Ms. Amy" offering her a RIDE?! Well, sure, cause he's a driver. LE will figure that's EXACTLY what any "driver's" first response would be.
He had no excellent reason and no reason at all.
I used to run an acting exercise with drama students. It's an old classic. You hide a key and then give them a situation that makes it imperative to find it. They listen carefully taking in all the details of the imagined scenario. Then they start "acting," running to and fro, panting, gazing mad-eyed at the ceiling, the floor, rattling drawrs aimlessly without looking in them. You tell them hurry up, footsteps, you can't be found in this room but you MUST find that key. Now they really start emoting, chew the scenery, hands flailing, tearing at their garments and hair.
CUT. "What were you doing?" you ask them. Oh, I was acting out the situation, they say. "But you weren't looking for the key," you say. "You never actually looked for key and that was your goal."

JW could only pretend to be in a situation and play that. Nothing he did had anything to do with his purported objective. He was acting, not doing, not able to be in the circumstances, because he wasn't.

In fact, he wasn't REALLY rushing to his employer's house not knowing what was happening except that their house was on fire and trying to do whatever he could do to assist. Because if he did just get the news he says he did en route and if he doesn't know where any one is and if they are safe, and if he believes he might be the first one to let Amy know her house is on fire yada yada, this is how he would ACT, but not what he would do.

....AIW employee being interviewed, that the type of vests in a box in the Savospoulos garage were not used at AIW,....

Early on, I believed the vests were for Mr. Savospoulos' site visits. So, if they were not, why were they in that garage? They probably were not for Philip's racing; his go-kart seems to be stored off-site. If they were safety vests for early morning runs or bike rides, there wouldn't be a box of them. Is the garage cluttered and a catch-all area where they keep random junk? That seems unlikely.

To me, the news of the vests not being in use at AIW suggested there had been a great deal of preparation for these hideous crimes. I'm not sure why, that was my immediate gut reaction. I'm trying to understand why my gut says the vests were part of a complex plan.

What if it's that there was a plan to steal cars in plain sight? That could explain calling in a rolling auto shop. I realize that they were arriving a day late, but criminals don't have to keep timely schedules. It also could be that they'd hoped for a tow truck, and got a repair truck. It is a stretch.
bbm sbm

AmAb
Welcome to websleuths and TY for your insightful posts.
Re ^ BBM re employee stmt re vests not being used at AIW, I've not seen vid so hesitate to comment, but here goes.

Let's give ^ employee benefit of doubt (not suspect him of any involvement w. crime, and say he has rep of being truthful, not a fibber). Okay? Let's also assume he is an AIW home office/HQ employee w auth to speak for co.

How does he know those kinds of vests are not used at AIW? Not used at AIW HQ? Any construction/fabrication/assembling there day to day that req's safety vests? IDK. If not, then he c/prob'ly accurately say - not used at AIW HQ. But what about work done at remote projects spread over geo-area. When he & other AIW employees visit work underway, would any of them notice - 'Uh-oh, wrong vests in use! Ours have corp logo, these don't. Ours have zippers down the front, these have snaps. I'll call __ dept & have a dozen sent out to this project.' Hard to imagine that, jmo.

Trying to follow thought about dis-similar vests indicating extensive planning.
IIU your post, that fact that vests found in S' garage were not used at AIW means that the perp(s) thought about materials that might lead LE to ID the perp(s), and perp said to self - 'We'll get access to home by wearing vests and pretending to be _ (e.g., utility co employees). I can get/already have vests (thru my job, friend's work, etc) for free from AIW, but that c/help LE link us to AIW. We'll just have to drop by Home Depot instead.'
^ Did I derail from train of reasoning re vests & major planning? If so, maybe you or someone else can explain?

AmAb
Welcome to websleuths and TY for your insightful posts.
Re ^ BBM re employee stmt re vests not being used at AIW, I've not seen vid so hesitate to comment, but here goes.

Let's give ^ employee benefit of doubt (not suspect him of any involvement w. crime, and say he has rep of being truthful, not a fibber). Okay?
Let's also assume he is an AIW home office/HQ employee w auth to speak for co.

How does he know those kinds of vests are not used at AIW? Not used at AIW HQ? Any construction/fabrication/assembling there day to day that req's safety vests? IDK. If not, then he c/prob'ly accurately say - not used at AIW HQ. But what about work done at remote projects spread over geo-area. When he & other AIW employees visit work underway, would any of them notice - 'Uh-oh, wrong vests in use! Ours have corp logo, these don't. Ours have zippers down the front, these have snaps. I'll call __ dept & have a dozen sent out to this project.' Hard to imagine that, jmo.

Trying to follow thought about dis-similar vests indicating extensive planning.
IIU your post, that fact that vests found in S' garage were not used at AIW means that the perp(s) thought about materials that might lead LE to ID the perp(s), and perp said to self - 'We'll get access to home by wearing vests and pretending to be _ (e.g., utility co employees). I can get/already have vests (thru my job, friend's work, etc) for free from AIW, but that c/help LE link us to AIW. We'll just have to drop by Home Depot instead.'
^ Did I jump the track & derail from train of reasoning re vests & major planning?

I do recall that CNN reported that green vests like those found in this case were not used at AIW and LE thinks the killer used the green vest to gain access to the home and that the home had been watched for some time prior to the crime

I do recall that CNN reported that green vests like those found in this case were not used at AIW and LE thinks the killer used the green vest to gain access to the home and that the home had been watched for some time prior to the crime

I think that was before they knew about the forced entry (boot print side door) IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1