DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that the door to the garage from the kitchen could only be opened by a remote, then are we to assume that DW gained possession of it? If not, then how did DW access the garage in order to get the money?

I wonder if the S family had received any threats in the past. A poster here, who is familiar with the family, stated that PS had attended a birthday party but was not allowed to stay for the sleepover. I realize it could have been because of other plans, but it does make me wonder. Especially since it appears that so much anger was directed at the child.

I just don't believe that any door from the inside of the house to the garage needed a remote. That just doesn't make a lick of sense! Wouldn't that be a huge fire hazzard? What if that is the only exit, and you don't have your remote, or it is with another family member...or any number of scenarios where that could be a complete disaster!

And what kind of door would that be, anyway?? I think the NT blog was, as much of the reporting on this case, is just badly worded.

That was my take on that anyway...LOL!!

The threat/personal aspect of this case - this family seems so open...

I just don't believe that any door from the inside of the house to the garage needed a remote. That just doesn't make a lick of sense! Wouldn't that be a huge fire hazzard? What if that is the only exit, and you don't have your remote, or it is with another family member...or any number of scenarios where that could be a complete disaster!

And what kind of door would that be, anyway?? I think the NT blog was, as much of the reporting on this case, is just badly worded.

That was my take on that anyway...LOL!!

The threat/personal aspect of this case - this family seems so open...

I have a remote opener on my garage( I can either hit the button on the wall with my hand to open it and the cars, truck are all programmed to open it when I pull up) You can't manually open it. I wouldn't be able to manually open it because the door is too big and heavy anyway. It has a safety sensor on it so it can't close on anything under it. Most people just call it an automatic garage opener vs a remote but it is the same thing.

IMO..The door for inside the house probably used a keypad or a key to enter from the garage. My house has both but the keypad is easier.

Does anyone think we'll be told the identities of those arrested with DW?

I think that is possible with the release of any new search warrants, which seem to be trickling out. LE has shown they won't hesitate to let it be known if you lie to them.

JMO

I have a remote opener on my garage( I can either hit the button on the wall with my hand to open it and the cars, truck are all programmed to open it when I pull up) You can't manually open it. I wouldn't be able to manually open it because the door is too big and heavy anyway. It has a safety sensor on it so it can't close on anything under it. Most people just call it an automatic garage opener vs a remote but it is the same thing.

I know what an automatic garage door opener is, silly!

What Canaille was talking about what in the NT post from today, he said the contractor said that even the door to the home from the garage was on a remote.

“Even the door inside the house to the garage was locked and required a remote control to enter the garage.”

Like I said, I think it just poorly written.

If it's true that the door to the garage from the kitchen could only be opened by a remote, then are we to assume that DW gained possession of it? If not, then how did DW access the garage in order to get the money?

I wonder if the S family had received any threats in the past. A poster here, who is familiar with the family, stated that PS had attended a birthday party but was not allowed to stay for the sleepover. I realize it could have been because of other plans, but it does make me wonder. Especially since it appears that so much anger was directed at the child.

You raise a good point about possibility of threats. The family seemed to live large and was high profile in the community's social circles so they no doubt attracted trolls.

JMO

I would think that there IS a method to open a garage door by hand in case the electricity goes out. But, the devise to effect that is on the inside.

I know what an automatic garage door opener is, silly!

What Canaille was talking about what in the NT post from today, he said the contractor said that even the door to the home from the garage was on a remote.

“Even the door inside the house to the garage was locked and required a remote control to enter the garage.”

Like I said, I think it just poorly written.

Silly? To me it sounded like you thought that the remote was something you carry with you.You said" and you don't have your remote, or it is with another family member" I was just trying to help you make sense of what it was.

I'm assuming what that means is the interior garage door auto locks so you can't re-enter into the house from the garage w/o a key or using the keypad and the exterior door uses the remote that opens from the inside of the garage but you're unable to open the garage from the outside.

I would think that there IS a method to open a garage door by hand in case the electricity goes out. But, the devise to effect that is on the inside.

There are handles on the interior side of the garage door so technically you can manually pull it up from the inside if necessary. I'd never be able to get mine up, I've tried but I have windows and other doors to get out of.

I have no inside connection with this case, but it seems to me that it was DW with the interest in doing what he did. I don't see anyone pulling his strings.

There are handles on the interior side of the garage door so technically you can manually pull it up from the inside if necessary. I'd never be able to get mine up, I've tried but I have windows and other doors to get out of.
There should be a rope with a handle dangling from part of the main garage door device. First, you have to yank it in 'an opposite direction' thereby releasing 'a thingie', making the garage door possible to and very easy to open using one of those interior handles. If you have an automatic garage door opener, it should have that device or something similar. Its kind of a safety feature.

There should be a rope with a handle dangling from part of the main garage door device. First, you have to yank it in 'an opposite direction' thereby releasing 'a thingie', making the garage door possible to and very easy to open using one of those interior handles. If you have an automatic garage door opener, it should have that device or something similar. Its kind of a safety feature.

Yeah, It's a long chain that hangs down that you pull to release. What I have is basically a big barn and the doors are too big and heavy for me.

Now o am confused. Aren't there two locations of AIW, one in Chantilly near the dojo and one in Hyattsville near the bank. And didn't JW pick up the money in Hyattsville and then drop it off and drive a ways to Chantilly?

I don't think SS said anything to anyone that wasn't being ordered by his captors. If they said "tell him you're at home today" he said it. If they said, "say you're going to be at the dojo" he said it. I don't think we know what he said to anyone with the exception of what JW stated to LE.

American Iron Works is in Hyattsville Maryland. The dojo is next door to the American Welding Institute in Chantilly VA, a welding school started by AIW to give anyone a chance to learn a marketable skill.

If somebody wanted a professional hit, why would they hire DW?

Maybe DW was the easiest to find and the least expensive. A hired hit doesn't necessarily mean a professional hit.

The only place I saw $700,000 was on JW's SM post about driving the car,

I actually did my own research just googling and found a couple of car sites that had $650 to $700,000 estimated. It's a rare, collector's car and its value is whatever somebody is willing to pay for it.

JMO

American Iron Works is in Hyattsville Maryland. The dojo is next door to the American Welding Institute in Chantilly VA, a welding school started by AIW to give anyone a chance to learn a marketable skill.

Not just anyone who wants a new skill. The people who'd easily turn up in Chantilly are quite different from those in Hyattsville. Not many DW types are an easy commute from Chantilly.

Maybe DW was the easiest to find and the least expensive. A hired hit doesn't necessarily mean a professional hit.

A hired hit would explain the brutality. Someone who felt screwed over by SS? An ex partner? Business associate/rival? Someone hired to make the family suffer...and I can think of not much worse than being restrained and watching each other being beaten and your son tortured, simply horrible.

But why spend 18 hours and ask for money? Even ordering pizza....involving delivery men, bankers, accounts etc

It's sure a possibility though

DW was an impulsive low level criminal. I don't see anyone hiring him to take out a hit. The crazy inconsistencies point to someone out of their element who made a lot of stupid assumptions in committing the crime. He and JW are both pretty dim bulbs. I'm also curious about JW's girlfriend. She had a photography business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1