DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is speculation...I believe that W1 knew he was on his way out the door because SS was not happy with his work/social media postings (to name the obvious) on the Internet. There are most likely other reasons that I am not privy to or would not know about. Thus the "plan" was put in to motion. A few threads back, I mentioned my thoughts that it was about the car(s)... sad. No matter what it was about no reason is acceptable.

Where did I say not valuable? I said my thorough research for the 2004 mosler mt900 indicated $200-$300k, and never found the $700k mentioned anywhere.

Replacement value versus current value.

I'm just wondering, haven't seen this questioned. Did JW drive up to the house in his car to make delivery or did he park (where his green car was found later after fire) and walk to the house/garage. Could he have taken the Porsche and left his car where it was found later by LE. I don't recall if JW was with his car when LE found it. Curious

I'm just wondering, haven't seen this questioned. Did JW drive up to the house in his car to make delivery or did he park (where his green car was found later after fire) and walk to the house/garage. Could he have taken the Porsche and left his car where it was found later by LE. I don't recall if JW was with his car when LE found it. Curious

I think the reason his BMW was parked a block away is the street was blocked off with police and firemen when he returned to the house after being told of the fire and not being able to get in touch with SS/AS

Re questions related to what car JW drove after money drop off:

Interesting questions. I assume Porsche would have been caught on security camera at Lowes or other workers at the dojo might have seen it (if there were other workers there, and I assume there were).

Then again maybe the Lowes doesn't have security cameras in the parking lot. Someone once took parts from my car in a Target parking lot, and I was told by either LE or the tow truck company that there had been many problems in that lot because there were no cameras while the criminals stayed away from the local WalMart in the area because it had parking lot cameras.

I don't know how they place value on limited sports cars. From everything I have been reading 2004 is the first year the car was made, and it is reported that SS knew Mosler. I do realize SS was not the original owner it is possible that SS owns the first one made. Would that increase the value of the car.
I was reading a forum with posts written by Mosler MT900 owners and those considering buying one. Some things I found interesting. Several of the owners let others drive their car. Many posted that they park others at their homes.
None of this has anything to do with the murders, I just thought it was interesting in regulars to speculation about if SS would allow JW to drive his, and speculations on why it wasn't stored somewhere else.

Has anyone seen how SS told NG not to come to the house on Thursday but work at the dojo instead on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday? I'm wondering if it was SS verbally telling her this or if it was texted to her.

I also wonder why the urgency for SS to get home on Wed. I assume the call from Amy telling him she had to go out was a forced call. Why have SS rush home when DW ended up staying there until the next afternoon?

The last call from SS's phone was to JW at 11:54. JW left Lowes at 12:00?

I don't know how they place value on limited sports cars. From everything I have been reading 2004 is the first year the car was made, and it is reported that SS knew Mosler. I do realize SS was not the original owner it is possible that SS owns the first one made. Would that increase the value of the car.
I was reading a forum with posts written by Mosler MT900 owners and those considering buying one. Some things I found interesting. Several of the owners let others drive their car. Many posted that they park others at their homes.
None of this has anything to do with the murders, I just thought it was interesting in regulars to speculation about if SS would allow JW to drive his, and speculations on why it wasn't stored somewhere else.

More Mosler MT900s info

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/20/george-lucas-receives-first-mosler-mt900-supercar/

Our car culture obsessed friends got the inside scoop on the first road-legal Mosler to be delivered to a U.S. customer. The owner in question is none other than George Lucas, creator of the good and, at times, not-so-good Star Wars sextology.

We originally reported about the arrival of the Mosler last month, but were unsure about who was going to be the lucky owner No. 1.

Since the first two Mosler MT900s are being utilized by the bespoke carmaker as in-house testing units, Lucas' Vader-black model bears the serial number 003 and comes equipped with an LS6 sitting mid-ship, producing 435 HP and allowing the dark horse starship to dispatch the sprint to 60 in a scant 3.1 seconds.

More Mosler MT900s info

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/20/george-lucas-receives-first-mosler-mt900-supercar/

Our car culture obsessed friends got the inside scoop on the first road-legal Mosler to be delivered to a U.S. customer. The owner in question is none other than George Lucas, creator of the good and, at times, not-so-good Star Wars sextology.

We originally reported about the arrival of the Mosler last month, but were unsure about who was going to be the lucky owner No. 1.

Since the first two Mosler MT900s are being utilized by the bespoke carmaker as in-house testing units, Lucas' Vader-black model bears the serial number 003 and comes equipped with an LS6 sitting mid-ship, producing 435 HP and allowing the dark horse starship to dispatch the sprint to 60 in a scant 3.1 seconds.
That answers my question if SS owned the first. The first one was black.

Has anyone seen how SS told NG not to come to the house on Thursday but work at the dojo instead on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday? I'm wondering if it was SS verbally telling her this or if it was texted to her.

I also wonder why the urgency for SS to get home on Wed. I assume the call from Amy telling him she had to go out was a forced call. Why have SS rush home when DW ended up staying there until the next afternoon?

The last call from SS's phone was to JW at 11:54. JW left Lowes at 12:00?

Perhaps DW wasn't going to stay overnight first. Maybe he thought SS could get him large amount of money on Wednesday evening.

Sent from my iPad

I absolutely think JW was everywhere he said he was on the the 14th. Everyone (especially if your going to commit a crime) knows all about cell and location tracking, not to mention auto GPS tracking systems and all the CC cameras at many lights and businesses. As we go about our daily life, it's pretty much impossible to go under the radar these days. JW was on video cameras at lows's (convenient?) He wasn't driving the Porsche, just ask the employee who was W/him at bank and handed him the $$$, plus for reason stated above... that would have been stupid! and of course they're not going to find anything in HIS car.... I wouldn't leave anything in it! Ahh ohh... I don't think JW thought his car would be impounded that evening just several hours after fire broke out, and most likely/probably WOULDN'T have if the LE's hadn't early on caught him in some admitted lies regarding the entry of the Garage, Mosler, collection of the money, red bag/envelope, the initial call/txt from SS. JW (if involved) most likely was using a burner phone and was stumbling over his recollection in the heat of interrogation, what calls were made to what phone, did I leave the red bag or put in envelope, or both (trying to keep his story straight) I also think (IMO) the break in (French door kicked in) seemed staged, another way to make the scene appear random (no inside man) and the phone call to AS on way to fire... doesn't seem REAL. Plus, if I was JW's GF and got the pix, my reaction would be OMG, what's going on, where does SS want you to take and please be careful that's a lot of money! Lock your doors. IDK

1) JW needs to prove he had access to the garage
2) JW needs to prove he new where key to Mosler WAS kept
3) JW must have a logical reason why he had Mosler registration in his possession
4) JW should have a logical reason why he's carrying his passport around

The thing is... I don't see JW being connected to someone like DDW or a crime at all... JW was able to have a working/personal relationship with a very sofisticated, elite family... his father was a cop, mother works at church... he's working towards his dreams! that's admirable.I'm hoping JW can/has explained all.

That answers my question if SS owned the first. The first one was black.
LOL @ "Vader black"
And Mosler kept two. So SS had one of the remaining 17 MT900s.

Yep. Looking at the last three numbers of SS's vin number it is 017.

On the VIN check, before SS owned it, it showed a repair was done to the car. That also affects value.

I think that was before they knew about the forced entry (boot print side door) IMO
AFAIK, no one has reported that anyone witnessed anyone rushing away and/or driving away from the house. But, we must assume that once the gas was poured, the matches lit and then dropped at the top of the stairs, the perpetrator would be in somewhat of a hurry to get the heck out of this crime scene. The side or a back door would provide more privacy....as opposed to the garage or the front doors. And, from the back of the house one could escape down the walkway between the S's driveway and the neighbor's driveway, correct?

Now, about those matches left at the top of the stairs: It is very hard to strike a match with gloves on. Since the matches were found on or at the top of the stairs, maybe there will be fingerprints on the matchbooks or box.

Since there is virtually no location context for that picture of the door, doorknob & boot print, isn't it possible that the print is on the interior of the door? AFAIK, no one has reported that anyone witnessed anyone rushing away and/or driving away from the house. But, we must assume that once the gas was poured, the matches lit and then dropped at the top of the stairs, the perpetrator would be in somewhat of a hurry to get the heck out of this crime scene. The side or a back door would provide more privacy....as opposed to the garage or the front doors. And, from the back of the house one could escape down the walkway between the S's driveway and the neighbor's driveway, correct?

Now, about those matches left at the top of the stairs: It is very hard to strike a match with gloves on. Since the matches were found on or at the top of the stairs, maybe there will be fingerprints on the matchbooks or box.

ABC news

The fifth search warrant says a shoe or boot print was found by investigators on one of the Savopoulos home's French-style doors, suggesting there was forced entry into the house. The door had a single broken window pane and had suffered damage near the lock. Investigators are now searching for any shoe or boot with a similar tread pattern.

image.jpg
Breakfast on the Island

Since there is virtually no location context for that picture of the door, doorknob & boot print, isn't it possible that the print is on the interior of the door? AFAIK, no one has reported that anyone witnessed anyone rushing away and/or driving away from the house. But, we must assume that once the gas was poured, the matches lit and then dropped at the top of the stairs, the perpetrator would be in somewhat of a hurry to get the heck out of this crime scene. The side or a back door would provide more privacy....as opposed to the garage or the front doors. And, from the back of the house one could escape down the walkway between the S's driveway and the neighbor's driveway, correct?

Print is on the outside of the door, or they wouldn't be calling it forced entry.

ABC news

The fifth search warrant says a shoe or boot print was found by investigators on one of the Savopoulos home's French-style doors, suggesting there was forced entry into the house. The door had a single broken window pane and had suffered damage near the lock. Investigators are now searching for any shoe or boot with a similar tread pattern.

View attachment 75979
Breakfast on the Island

So one possibility is that the perp broke in when SS was not home, tied up the victims with duct tape, and then made AS to call SS to get him home. Perhaps perp was thinking that SS could get a large amount of money quickly, but that was not possible, so he kept victims tied up overnight. Then he made SS to get money delivered and killed all of the victims before driving away in a Porsche. That could explain how one man could do it all, and why only one man is seen on security video running away from burning Porsche.
AS, VF and PS could have been tied up already before SS showed up.

So one possibility is that the perp broke in when SS was not home, tied up the victims with duct tape, and then made AS to call SS to get him home. Perhaps perp was thinking that SS could get a large amount of money quickly, but that was not possible, so he kept victims tied up overnight. Then he made SS to get money delivered and killed all of the victims before running away. That could explain how one man could do it all.

I think they were absolutely tied up before SS arrived home. He made AS contact SS so he would know approx the time he'd arrive. Wait and ambush him.

Yes...maybe there wasn't enough money/valuables in the home as he thought so he waited for the bank to open.

So one possibility is that the perp broke in when SS was not home, tied up the victims with duct tape, and then made AS to call SS to get him home. Perhaps perp was thinking that SS could get a large amount of money quickly, but that was not possible, so he kept victims tied up overnight. Then he made SS to get money delivered and killed all of the victims before driving away in a Porsche. That could explain how one man could do it all, and why only one man is seen on security video running away from burning Porsche.

This scenario has always made the most sense to me. But that would mean that JW's lies to LE and the backpack in his car w/his passport and expired Mosler registration are insignificant.... JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1