DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe DW was the easiest to find and the least expensive. A hired hit doesn't necessarily mean a professional hit.

So under this theory, it would have to be sheer coincidence that DW actually worked for the company of the family he is now hired to kill. What are the odds of that?

DW was an impulsive low level criminal. I don't see anyone hiring him to take out a hit. The crazy inconsistencies point to someone out of their element who made a lot of stupid assumptions in committing the crime. He and JW are both pretty dim bulbs. I'm also curious about JW's girlfriend. She had a photography business.

I think it all involves high-level criminal wannabes. The comments NOT made by JW's girlfriend when she learned how much money was in the bag certainly must have put her on the suspect list as well. He tells her it's $40 not that it is $40,000 yet she immediately knows not only how much he means but she also doesn't ask where it came from or what he intends to do with it.

JMO

I think it all involves high-level criminal wannabes. The comments NOT made by JW's girlfriend when she learned how much money was in the bag certainly must have put her on the suspect list as well. He tells her it's $40 not that it is $40,000 yet she immediately knows not only how much he means but she also doesn't ask where it came from or what he intends to do with it.

JMO

There seems to be a lot of assumptions being made there. How do we know she didn't already know that JW was making a delivery to his boss. He probably had told her that already. And who wouldn't know he meant 40K ? What else could it be? It wasn't 40 million.

???

I'm not understanding this venom directed at Mr. Thayer (although I must say that the disconnect between your comment and the Dalai Lama's words posted as your signature line certainly gave me a chuckle). From what I have read about his background, I daresay he has more impressive credentials then many of the people writing for MSM these days.

I don't get it.

JMO

I guess I don't get it, either. Thayer just wants answers as does everyone else. I found his blog informative, especially the maps. You can tell he's been a journalist for a long time.

JMO

JMO

We don't know what was said in the texts surrounding the released text. I'd definitely like to know what was said...

We don't know what was said in the texts surrounding the released text. I'd definitely like to know what was said...

I would, too, because just in the context given, it does make her sound like she knows there was going to be money obtained, she just didn't know how much.

JMO

Again, I found some values much higher for his model. Just because somebody puts a price tag on something doesn't mean that's what they'll get. No different than real estate.

JMO

Link please. I looked at many many sites earlier today and did not find one 2004 mosler mt900 for $700k, either for sale or what someone paid for theirs.

Link please. I looked at many many sites earlier today and did not find one 2004 mosler mt900 for $700k, either for sale or what someone paid for theirs.

Respectfully, I said it was my opinion based on my own research. If you want to believe it isn't valuable, that's fine with me. I'm not going to question Mr. SS decisions in how he spent his money. Sorry.

JMO

Respectfully, I said it was my opinion based on my own research. If you want to believe it isn't valuable, that's fine with me. I'm not going to question Mr. SS decisions in how he spent his money. Sorry.

JMO

Where did I say not valuable? I said my thorough research for the 2004 mosler mt900 indicated $200-$300k, and never found the $700k mentioned anywhere.

After watching this video (and reading articles and watching other videos on other home invasions), I could believe the violence stemmed from just getting the money and any other valuables in the house, not any vendetta against the family.

Warning
[video=youtube;dvvHMM6TF50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvHMM6TF50[/video]

Does anyone think we'll be told the identities of those arrested with DW?

I sure hope so. It is a bit unnerving that others involved may still be on the streets. This is a horrific crime and I sincerely hope all involved are put through the justice system. My heart goes out to the surviving family members. May they be given strength.

I sure hope so. It is a bit unnerving that others involved may still be on the streets. This is a horrific crime and I sincerely hope all involved are put through the justice system. My heart goes out to the surviving family members. May they be given strength.

I will go out on a limb and say there is probably not any evidence that DW's brother, the one with a violent criminal past, is involved, or any other hardened violent criminal. I really believe if others like DW were believed to be involved in the mayhem at the SS home, they'd be locked up right now.

I see two probable paths the investigation is taking, given the chatter in this board:

Others (with no known criminal history) who may be criminally involved, but who did not set out to engage in this magnitude of violent crime, who set out "only" to be involved in a property crime, possibly with the threat of harm, will be charged once the cases against them are strong enough for LE to tip their hand. This probably won't take long to sort out, but having the case ready for a DC jury is another story. In this scenerio, LE already has a great deal of evidence, but it isn't necessarily admissible in court and they must bolster their case.

Or, if this is a murder for hire scenario, I suspect the forensic accountants and detectives have their work cut out for them, and it's going to take a very, very long time to sort this out because DW isn't talking and neither is his benefactor.

I'm probably stating the obvious.

It seems to me that if JW were involved, DW would throw him under the bus immediately. They have a lot of evidence against DW already, so he is not walking away from this. But if JW gave him the idea and told him the address and inside info, etc, then DW would be talking, imo. I don't think DW would protect JW like he might do for his brother or cousin.

ADMIN NOTE: There are NO verified insiders in this case.

Any member wishing to post as an insider must first be verified as such. Send a request to websleuthscomments@gmail.com, and include all pertinent information.

After watching this video (and reading articles and watching other videos on other home invasions), I could believe the violence stemmed from just getting the money and any other valuables in the house, not any vendetta against the family.

Warning
[video=youtube;dvvHMM6TF50]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvvHMM6TF50[/video]

OMG. No words. That is horrifying to watch. What a remarkable woman to hold it all in for the sake of her kids.

Also, regarding the license plates on the Mosler. If the plan was to steal it and drive it across town to a storage place, why not just put some fake tags on it in preparation? That way if it is photographed at one of our trusty NSA license-plate snapshot spots, it won't be traceable quickly. If at all. Those could be old plates for the explicit reason of stealing the car.
Two things ring true about this post.

1. This might explain the time it took for JW to get to Chantilly from from NW WDC.. after he sent the 9:00 AM text/picture to his gf and after sending the "package delivered" text. He may have been changing out the license plates and trying to find the keys and paperwork on the Mosler.

2. The traffic one ticket I found for JW, received in MD, was for having no tags on the vehicle (BMW.)

Could someone with access to Carfax run JW's Vin # for his BMW. Mayne there is something hinky about the records for the BMW, too.

Even if the text said "red car" - what are the odds he would also call it that to LE? Wouldn't he mention it was a red car - the Mosler? After all, it was never a "red car" to him. We know that much. :)
It was "the beast" to him.

Two things ring true about this post.

1. This might explain the time it took for JW to get to Chantilly from from NW WDC.. after he sent the 9:00 AM text/picture to his gf and after sending the "package delivered" text. He may have been changing out the license plates and trying to find the keys and paperwork on the Mosler.

2. The traffic one ticket I found for JW, received in MD, was for having no tags on the vehicle (BMW.)

Could someone with access to Carfax run JW's Vin # for his BMW. Mayne there is something hinky about the records for the BMW, too.

BBM

Nothing hinky. The BMW is co-titled with a female also with last name Wallace, presumably his mother. Address listed for both is in Annapolis. Is a second-owner car with the original owner somewhere in NY. Registration is current. Note, this was not from Carfax, and my database does not list accidents, emissions testing and other things Carfax might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member