DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really hard time understanding why so many people think the Mosler was the goal of this crime. There were 200 of these cars made. You can't take it to a chop shop and make money on the parts because there is no market for the parts. You can't sell it on the black market because so few come up on the market (black or legit) it would be know instantaneously that it was the one recently stolen in an infamous crime. What ordinary psychopathic violent felon wants to invest all the time it would take to see any financial gain from taking the car?
As for JW wanting it, yes he may have. (And then again, maybe not, there are much more suitable cars out there for racing than the street adapted model of the Mosler which never made a great street car nor was suitable to race, which is why only 200 sold because no one wanted it) but do I believe he is stupid enough to think that he could have it - um, it's a Mosler, right? The Mosler is a bit... Conspicuous.

As for all the questions about the registration, it may not be registered. If SS was only interested in it as an investment, or an occasional racing car, no need to have it registered. He probably towed it to races and the shop, and did not bother to register it for street driving.
And, as for towing a car without damaging it and without a key.... Anyone who lives in a city knows they can and will tow any car without a key. When a car is towed, they have a number of ways to deal with a car being "in gear". Number one, don't tow it with the drive wheels on the ground. number two, flat bed it. number three, burn the gears. number four get a locksmith to cut a new key!!!

<modsnip>

He posted that picture on his FB and he was FB friends with SS, and Phillip. Hard to believe he would post that if it was a lie.

I've seen this idea posted several times. W-1had several FB accounts. Although I have seen no "proof"...I will accept some posters' word that he was "friends" with AS and PS. But this specific post was on his "Broke racers page." Were they on that page?

Facebook also allows you to edit the people who see a specific post. I've used that feature a few times.

I also have numerous "friends" whose posts I have edited from appearing in my timeline for various reasons. The only people I'm interested in seeing on my timeline are family and special friends . It's very possible that AS was not waiting with bated breath to see what her husband's driver was posting.

There are many ways he could post puffed up lies and be "safe" about it.

I have a really hard time understanding why so many people think the Mosler was the goal of this crime. There were 200 of these cars made. You can't take it to a chop shop and make money on the parts because there is no market for the parts. You can't sell it on the black market because so few come up on the market (black or legit) it would be know instantaneously that it was the one recently stolen in an infamous crime. What ordinary psychopathic violent felon wants to invest all the time it would take to see any financial gain from taking the car?
As for JW wanting it, yes he may have. (And then again, maybe not, there are much more suitable cars out there for racing than the street adapted model of the Mosler which never made a great street car nor was suitable to race, which is why only 200 sold because no one wanted it) but do I believe he is stupid enough to think that he could have it - um, it's a Mosler, right? The Mosler is a bit... Conspicuous.

As for all the questions about the registration, it may not be registered. If SS was only interested in it as an investment, or an occasional racing car, no need to have it registered. He probably towed it to races and the shop, and did not bother to register it for street driving.
And, as for towing a car without damaging it and without a key.... Anyone who lives in a city windows they can and will tow any car without a key. When a car is towed, they have a number of ways to deal with a car being "in gear". Number one, don't tow it with the drive wheels on the ground. number two, flat bed it. number three, burn the gears. number four get a locksmith to cut a new key!!!

<modsnip>

Good post! I think the Mosler is being discussed in detail because of the news that JW had the Mosler reg in his backpack ..fwiw..jmo

one thing that sticks out to me is the fact they waited so long to process his car. I keep thinking that they may have already moved on to other suspects or more pressing details. I'm not sure. He may not be completely cleared by the police but I keep thinking there are a few other people that have popped up in the investigation that seem to be way more closely involved, but were not talking about them because we don't know their names. Well I guess we do know the brother and the cousin's names? I just think they might be of huge interest to the police right now since they were with the one suspect we can all agree on that was involved.

Edit to add. I do believe that the police are totaly investigating a number of people right now. We have only seen SW's from the first few day's. and also the stuff about DW. I think they have probably served numerous other SW;s that we know nothing about. JMO I would also assume that they searched JW's home, I would expect that. I think they would probably have searched the people that were with DW's homes too, and cars etc..... I just think there is so much that we don't know, that we are jumping on just the first days of the investigation and not looking at where this has gone since then.
It does seem to be a long time to process a car. Wonder if DW's fingerprints were found in it?

Strange wording IMO. Also, assume you are sick or injured enough to be at the hospital. How do you react to "Your house is on fire. You need to go home"? I guess she couldn't have been very sick, as she would have driven herself. I think that story was told to Mrs. F's husband as a way to explain VF's absence, not AS'. Supposedly NG and JW had been in contact Wed and Thurs. NG may have told JW that SS told her (NG) that AS had been sick in bed all day Wednesday. Not sure why JW would be confirming with the housekeeper (NG) that he (JW) had made the $40K delivery when she was working at someone else's house that day and he was at the dojo.

"you need to get home"

If he is innocent, how would he know she was not home??? Am I missing something. How would he know of the explanation SS gave to VF's husband?

Strange wording IMO. Also, assume you are sick or injured enough to be at the hospital. How do you react to "Your house is on fire. You need to go home"? I guess she couldn't have been very sick, as she would have driven herself. I think that story was told to Mrs. F's husband as a way to explain VF's absence, not AS'. Supposedly NG and JW had been in contact Wed and Thurs. NG may have told JW that SS told her (NG) that AS had been sick in bed all day Wednesday. Not sure why JW would be confirming with the housekeeper (NG) that he (JW) had made the $40K delivery when she was working at someone else's house that day and he was at the dojo.

The part that is really hinky is why he called AS at all if he had heard through the grapevine that she was ill. It's off the scale that he would contact his boss' wife about something so personal as her health. His fake concern is very creepy.

JMO

My thought is that he had tried to call several times. All calls went straight to VM. So he's texting saying *you ok? I'm hearing the house is on fire!* not inquiring about her health

The part that is really hinky is why he called AS at all if he had heard through the grapevine that she was ill. It's off the scale that he would contact his boss' wife about something so personal as her health. His fake concern is very creepy.

JMO

I feel it was another attempt to make himself to look innocent. I would have been calling the authorities to alert them to the fact some family members and pets could be trapped in the burning home.

It does seem to be a long time to process a car. Wonder if DW's fingerprints were found in it?

I don't think so. I think this is the one search warrant that also had listed what the got from it. I could be wrong though.

If I had a contractor working on my home and learned that the contractor revealed to some random blogger the workings of how to gain access to my garage (and to my house) I would be royally pi**ed off and would fire the contractor. IF, of course, that is all true.

And, the other thing I would hope that the police have done is talk with that contractor and everyone who he has hired to work on the house in say, the last year. And, all their friends. Just my opinion.

I feel it was another attempt to make himself to look innocent. I would have been calling the authorities to alert them to the fact some family members and pets could be trapped in the burning home.

But of course the call JW got from the AIW could have gone : *is SS with you? We need to locate him! The fire department is at his house!*. So he starts trying to locate SS and AS

My thought is that he had tried to call several times. All calls went straight to VM. So he's texting saying *you ok? I'm hearing the house is on fire!* not inquiring about her health

yes, If im not mistaken the documents said that he tried several times to reach them while he was driving there.

Good post! I think the Mosler is being discussed in detail because of the news that JW had the Mosler reg in his backpack ..fwiw..jmo

Plus, JW ties himself to it by claiming he opened the door to it and placed the ransom money inside. If that is true, then his fingerprints should be on the door handle of the Mosler. What I don't believe to be true is the claim there is no black market for a rare, exotic car or its parts.

JMO

I don't think so. I think this is the one search warrant that also had listed what the got from it. I could be wrong though.

In the log it stated ridge detail(finger prints) on passenger side armrest.

One question I have is if JW stole the registration for something illegal why didn't he just make a copy and return the original so SS wouldn't find it missing. Would the black market really care if it was an original registration or a copy.

He was just digging a bigger hole for himself by making the call. I just find it to be pretty creepy he's contacting AS at all.

JMO

In the log it stated ridge detail(finger prints) on passenger side armrest.

But they haven't run nor compared those prints yet at that point. That just means they have gotten prints.... could end up being his Mom's.

Plus, JW ties himself to it by claiming he opened the door to it and placed the ransom money inside. If that is true, then his fingerprints should be on the door handle of the Mosler. What I don't believe to be true is the claim there is no black market for a rare, exotic car or its parts.

JMO

Exactly, the Mosler would be hot on the black market, the Mosler could be used for many things like a title loan(if they did something like had ss sign the car over to him or forged his sig), JW could make one heck of a race car out of it, part it out (rolling garage?), etc. jmo

They did take parts of the car that they may have intended to dust for fingerprints, they also took swabs (presumably for DNA).

They are probably looking for Wint's DNA or prints in that car.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member