DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In thinking about the money allegedly delivered to the garage. How do we know the doors were closed?

I think that is something JW stated in one of his stories. I can't recall if VF's husband said if it was open or closed when he went around the same time.

The posts with 10-15 quotes that scroll forever and have a one-liner comment at the bottom are really cracking me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are the posts showing up that way and I wonder if the poster sees it? another mystery I guess

Exactly. Why kill 4 people when a simple carjacking could do the trick?

I don't get that either. Maybe he never drove it so they couldn't carjack it? Still, if that was their focus, seems like there would have been a simpler way. Then again, the idea that they killed four people for $40 k doesn't make any sense either.

Can someone post a link verifying the car as $700,000 because as far as I can see it was sold new for around 200k and goes for less than that used.

I looked up the 2004 (which SS's was) same model and saw two being sold in the $200-$300k range.

When NG said that SS asked her not to come to the house on Thursday but instead work at the Dojo on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I wonder if that was verbal or through text?

I think people started looking for SOMETHING beyond money because, in addition to the oddities surrounding the box truck, the burning Porsche, and subsequently the Mosler registration, $40k seemed to be a pretty weak haul for a crime involving arson and quadruple murder. That said, I've seen other cases in which people have agreed to a hit for less that $10k. IDK, I am not married to any one theory but the simplest one with just DW doesn't do it for me. JMO.

The posts with 10-15 quotes that scroll forever and have a one-liner comment at the bottom are really cracking me up.

Driving me crazy -- keep reading those quotes thinking it's gonna lead somewhere...?

Wait. The accountant thought that SS was busy at the Dojo? Hadn't there been a flurry of communications between them? Would SS have told the accountant he was at the Dojo? Isn't the Dojo just a block away from AIW?

That does not make any sense to me. Why tell him a lie so easily discoverable? And why wouldn't the accountant just drop off the cash himself if it were just a block away?

I thought the excuse for needing a driver was that SS was home in DC with a sick wife and child?

Now o am confused. Aren't there two locations of AIW, one in Chantilly near the dojo and one in Hyattsville near the bank. And didn't JW pick up the money in Hyattsville and then drop it off and drive a ways to Chantilly?

I don't think SS said anything to anyone that wasn't being ordered by his captors. If they said "tell him you're at home today" he said it. If they said, "say you're going to be at the dojo" he said it. I don't think we know what he said to anyone with the exception of what JW stated to LE.

Perhaps SS instructed the accountant to give the money to JW with no explanation of the delivery location. I have worked for CEOs as well, They often are to the point and only offer info if needed. Idk

Now o am confused. Aren't there two locations of AIW, one in Chantilly near the dojo and one in Hyattsville near the bank. And didn't JW pick up the money in Hyattsville and then drop it off and drive a ways to Chantilly?

I don't think SS said anything to anyone that wasn't being ordered by his captors. If they said "tell him you're at home today" he said it. If they said, "say you're going to be at the dojo" he said it. I don't think we know what he said to anyone with the exception of what JW stated to LE.

And if by chance DW didn't know what the heck that car in the garage WAS, he most likely told SS to tell JW to leave the money in the RED CAR in the garage.

Wait. The accountant thought that SS was busy at the Dojo? Hadn't there been a flurry of communications between them? Would SS have told the accountant he was at the Dojo? Isn't the Dojo just a block away from AIW?

That does not make any sense to me. Why tell him a lie so easily discoverable? And why wouldn't the accountant just drop off the cash himself if it were just a block away?

I thought the excuse for needing a driver was that SS was home in DC with a sick wife and child?

Is everyone else getting numerous posts from kammiemc with all the attached quotes over and over again? Maybe it is just me IDK

Oh sorry! I am on my phone and it isn't showing that way. I definitely did not to mean obnoxious. Yikes. I think I'm out now.

Most garages have a auto remote.

But it seems like dad had too many people that was directly working under him that was not being checked on.

Remember the Mcstay family where the I.T guy acted like he had rights to do certain transactions because of business relations.

But in all honesty. People don't give employees the right to make key decisions without things being verified.

If it was auto then question remains was his BMW programmed for garage?

Perhaps SS instructed the accountant to give the money to JW with no explanation of the delivery location. I have worked for CEOs as well, They often are to the point and only offer info if needed. Idk

Since it was his company's accountant, I think SS would have to provide a reasonable explanation for what the money was for and also give a reason he couldn't personally pick it up. If the government ever audited their books, the accountant's explanation would be required. Otherwise it would look like money-laundering.

JMO

I think people started looking for SOMETHING beyond money because, in addition to the oddities surrounding the box truck, the burning Porsche, and subsequently the Mosler registration, $40k seemed to be a pretty weak haul for a crime involving arson and quadruple murder. That said, I've seen other cases in which people have agreed to a hit for less that $10k. IDK, I am not married to any one theory but the simplest one with just DW doesn't do it for me. JMO.

I don't think the plan was for 40k. I think the plan was to get as much money as SS could be forced to come up with which happened to be 40k. I also think DW wanted to torture and kill, so he did.

IMO JW had either a passcode or remote for the garage. My husband has an app on his iphone that opens the garage. He was the driver/assistant and (probably) had the responsibility of maintaining the family cars. Doesn't mean he is or is not involved. Yet.

I agree with your take on it. Most of us who have been following this case from the beginning are well aware the bank/accountant was in Hyattsville, Maryland and the Dojo in Chantilly, Virginia. Maps have been posted repeatedly. How anyone can think those two cities are just a block apart is beyond me. smh

JMO

I am still split on whether this was one violent felon with a yen for cash and no soul, or if he was just the muscle man for someone with a more personal reason to have this family and everyone else there slaughtered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1