DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
America is a country as in United States of America. Citizenship is assigned to countries rather than continents. I don't care how it is twisted, Wint is not an American and ICE has placed a hold on him.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jun/7/dc-mansion-murders-darron-wint-flagged-for-deporta/

To you it's a country as in United States of America, because you are living here. That doesn't mean South America is not America. It has America right in its name.

So much rage & anger ... and to wait 10 years?!? I wonder if DW was getting bad employment references from AIW ... found out through JW (knowingly or unknowingly) about the S family lifestyle & it triggered all the rage & anger - that he is unemployed and can't get a job because of AIW. JMO. Something happened that triggered this to be put into motion.

I think you're spot on! In fact, the police were awfully kind and gentle with one of the people they took into custody on the videos. I felt like they had to put him in cuffs (like an informant or undercover agent during a drug bust) but they were quite friendly with someone picked up with a quadruple torture-murderer.

True, your addendum about the police being kind and gentle w/ them makes me think again about this theory. It would be good if it were true, too, because it would add just a small bit of humanity to some of the people in this case, if one of the known players (someone he was with when arrested) had actually been trying to turn him in. I hope so.

This link has pics of the guy arrested with the dark hoodie

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ly-murder-near-home-address-Northeast-DC.html

View attachment 76181

View attachment 76180
Am I seeing that right? Does he have on a pair of white gloves, white shirt, and pants? Is this to preserve evidence? I cannot tell about his feet, but complain them to the white clothes those are not white tennis shoes. IMO.
Wint wearing gloves and carrying two knives in his bag was not likely headed to turn himself in. Could be that the long delay in releasing information is because police are trying to tie Wint's posse to other crimes in the area. Release of the rest of those with him could be with hopes they will eventually lead police to a stash of loot from other crimes.

Wint wearing gloves and carrying two knives in his bag was not likely headed to turn himself in. Could be that the long delay in releasing information is because police are trying to tie Wint's posse to other crimes in the area. Release of the rest of those with him could be with hopes they will eventually lead police to a stash of loot from other crimes.

To be clear, I do not believe one bit that Wint was heading to turn himself in...my theory (and I'm not really sure how invested I am in it; like I said above I just hope it is true!) is that one of the people he was with when he was arrested was possibly working with the police to get him apprehended without Wint being aware that they were doing so. It sounds far-fetched and probably it is but I still would like it to be true so I'll put it forth anyway.

So much rage & anger ... and to wait 10 years?!? I wonder if DW was getting bad employment references from AIW ... found out through JW (knowingly or unknowingly) about the S family lifestyle & it triggered all the rage & anger - that he is unemployed and can't get a job because of AIW. JMO. Something happened that triggered this to be put into motion.

Good morning. I believe if this is true the business may have already contacted the authorities to inform them.

Is it possible that the perp who drove the Porsche away actually went directly from the crime scene to the church parking lot where the Porsche was found and only later decided to return to the Porsche and torch it? Is there video footage of the parking lot itself or just of the alley where the perp was seen on camera running away w/ the bucket?

I think neighbors would have noticed a truck hauling away things at night. That is definitely something that would concern me if i saw it.
I don't think they used a truck to haul stuff that night. I think they may of used one of the S's SUV's. Sorry, I don't always explain myself well.
ETA: I think they used the SUV's to haul stuff away for storage. Then were on their way with the box truck the night of the arrest.

Is it possible that the perp who drove the Porsche away actually went directly from the crime scene to the church parking lot where the Porsche was found and only later decided to return to the Porsche and torch it? Is there video footage of the parking lot itself or just of the alley where the perp was seen on camera running away w/ the bucket?

Quite possible. Since the news of the fire had hit the media waves, the person could have had second thoughts about keeping the Porshe intact.

As I scoured the MD & DC Court records for DDW, his brother Darrell, and JTW, I found an interesting commonality. Both the Wint brothers were ticketed NUMEROUS times for No Plates, No Registration or plates belonging to a different car/person. It's tedious but if you look at their vehicle information, on multiple charges, you will see the same vehicles but with many different license plate #s. Once, it appears that Wint had Temporary tags that didn't match his vehicle. The one ticket that appears for JTW was for No License Plates. So, it's obvious that tampering with Vehicle IDs and paperwork was an habitual occurrence for the Wint Brothers and JTW was caught once for doing the same thing.

This guy is way too tall to be DW. It is likely one of the other men found with him.

The article notes this is either Wint or his brother (police would not confirm one way or the other)
It's hard to determine the height of either light or dark hoodie individuals in these pics. We don't know his exact height or of any of the individuals also in the pics.
Also we can't see on either arrested individual the dreadlocks described in the next day's court appearance. IMO it appears light hoodie guy does not seem to have shoulder length dreads.
IMO the cameraman seemed to focus on dark hoodie suspect because he was getting a lot of attention from LE
I have no idea which guy is Wint. Just trying to gather all pics from media reports

image.jpg

image.jpg

To be clear, I do not believe one bit that Wint was heading to turn himself in...my theory (and I'm not really sure how invested I am in it; like I said above I just hope it is true!) is that one of the people he was with when he was arrested was possibly working with the police to get him apprehended without Wint being aware that they were doing so. It sounds far-fetched and probably it is but I still would like it to be true so I'll put it forth anyway.
I have mentioned this too. With no arrests that night and $100,000 reward its possible.
The only thing I am sure of in this case is four of the S family and Vera were viciously murdered. The other is that DW was in the home at the time of the murders. I strongly believe he did the murders (maybe with someone else), but I really can't pinpoint him until we know if someone else was in the house.

The article notes this is either Wint or his brother (police would not confirm one way or the other)
It's hard to determine the height of either light or dark hoodie individuals in these pics. We don't know his exact height or of any of the individuals also in the pics.
Also we can't see on either arrested individual the dreadlocks described in the next day's court appearance. IMO it appears light hoodie guy does not seem to have shoulder length dreads.
IMO the cameraman seemed to focus on dark hoodie suspect because he was getting a lot of attention from LE
I have no idea which guy is Wint. Just trying to gather all pics from media reports

View attachment 76183

View attachment 76184
That's odd. I never posted any statements about DW being too tall,but it quotes me. Hmmmm.

And why would they not lend her a phone and let her call her husband herself? I think it was worded to cause suspicion and was a clue . But who would ever suspect something like this even if they found it weird .

And why would they not lend her a phone and let her call her husband herself? I think it was worded to cause suspicion and was a clue . But who would ever suspect something like this even if they found it weird .

The only one calling out was SS and I suspect it was because he was the only one maintaining any sort of cool, probably from his martial arts training. Also VF would have spoken spanish and the perp(s) most likely wouldn't have been able to monitor her.

There were a lot of moving parts here and it just seems like too many things going on for one person to have managed, plus someone in there had a brain, knowledge of things like the DVR, and the ability to engage in strategic thinking. Maybe DW was capable of all that but we've seen no evidence. You would think if he possessed those skills he would also have been able to hold a job, but he wasn't.

I have myself been saying, even if anyone who spoke to SS thought something weird was going on, I don't think anyone would just go from thinking something was weird to "OMG they are being held hostage and I have to call 911".

But I did start thinking through scenarios and got very depressed. What if someone - like NG or JW or anyone of the business contacts SS made for the money had just stopped the conversation to question things... the conversation would have quickly gone off the rails, making DW (or whomever was there at the time) get more upset, and likely the telephone call would have gotten even more strange, or perhaps cut off entirely. Then, maybe someone would have gotten suspicious enough to pursue it further..?
all I can say is how sad to have this crime occur over 19+ hours and despite all the best efforts, no one was alerted to come to these poor people's aid. How very sad.

I think the key to all of this is that it wasn't unusual for SS to move large quantities of cash. Its the only explanation for why people behaved the way they did. And if DW knew this, it would have been the motive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1