DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

When Debra Masser spoke to her brother Savvas Savopoulos by phone Thursday morning, the chief executive and father of a prominent local family seemed to be untroubled and in good spirits.

I have been intrigued by this call since the very beginning but the only source is the Washington Post, all other instances in MSM relate back to it. I suppose they may have caught her before the full magnitude of the tragedy was revealed and she hasn't wanted to speak to media since.

Exactly. If DDW was a hired hit man - and I am not discounting that theory at all!!!!! - he would be paid by the person who hired him.

I find it very unlikely that if he was hired, the person who hired him said "I can't pay you...but whatever you can get from the family is yours to keep!!"

That just makes zero sense.
And, if DDW somehow knew that JTW was picking up cash then why not just stage a carjacking, robbery or both?

I fully agree!
Big problem with the explanation is that it doesn't explain the whole of the lies. Even if he thought the boss still alive, since he was at the scene of the fire (claims to have been), he knew people had died in it. I don't think LE started questioning him just because he happened to be standing in front of the house for a few minutes as FF battled a fire. Whenever he was taken in on the day of the murders for questioning, it was known the fires were suspicious and house occupants had died--why else question folks? Also, if he thought his boss alive, would he not have tried to confirm his whereabouts, asked for representation, expressed concern to LE about his boss rather than blindly set out to cover for him by lying? He was lying to cover himself in the face of an investigation into a fire he at least knew at this point was "suspicious." And he knew LE had info. about there being a money drop because they were asking him about it. Now maybe he lied to cover his taking photos of the money, but he didn't lie to cover for his boss. He had no reason to think his boss had done anything wrong in having his accountant withdraw his own money from the bank which he needed for the Dojo, did he? JMO

I believe there is a possibility that the bank (and others) suspected the money as a ransom demand and loaded it with a "dye pack" inside on detectable by a special light or similar. Something changed the mindset after the money drop to stimulate it to a monster murder site. I just can't believe someone walked out of B of A with $40K in cash on demand and no red flags went off.

JMO's

People take money out of banks.......lots of it, you know. I just don't see how any red flags are raised by that. Without LE, I can't see a bank employee taking upon themselves to place a dye pack in money a customer legitimately requests from his own account. While banks are mandated reporters if they suspect someone of financial elder abuse or DW walked in with the employee to get the cash.......that might raise a flag, but to most reasonable people, ie at the bank, there was no red flag. It was a wealthy customer who needed cash. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every once in a while I have trouble loading the page -- I think because there is trouble loading one of the ads. On another note, one of the ads for a pet supply store had a picture that so uncannily resembled my shepard-mix pound puppy that I went over it marking by marking to satisfy myself that they hadn't come up with some clever and spooky way to access the photos on my computer and drop them into their ads.

I notice the ads cater to various searches as well. I wonder if different visitors see different ads. Very weird indeed.

I think cookies are implemented to see what users browse and then the script shows a similar ad.

Jmo

WHO knew it was to be left in car? The instructions were given by text for drop-off, iirc, to JW. Did he share that info. with the accountant? All the accountant might have known was that SS had instructed his personal assistant to deliver the requested cash to HIM and that it was for the dojo, as per SS communications. If SS had told accountant, look this cash is to be picked up by my assistant and he will deliver it to me as I need it for the dojo operations which I'm all about today, and that well-groomed, affable, personable, trusted assistant shows up at the bank to take the money to SS, why would red flags be raised? If SS trusted him as a personal assistant and driver, and he appeared a friend of the family, had a professional demeanor, went back with SS and PS to the race track, what's the red flag? JMO

Maybe in SS voice mail err text could be a clue, that he was forced to call JW to pick up money. <thinking outside the box>

WHO knew it was to be left in car? The instructions were given by text for drop-off, iirc, to JW. Did he share that info. with the accountant? All the accountant might have known was that SS had instructed his personal assistant to deliver the requested cash to HIM and that it was for the dojo, as per SS communications. If SS had told accountant, look this cash is to be picked up by my assistant and he will deliver it to me as I need it for the dojo operations which I'm all about today, and that well-groomed, affable, personable, trusted assistant shows up at the bank to take the money to SS, why would red flags be raised? If SS trusted him as a personal assistant and driver, and he appeared a friend of the family, had a professional demeanor, went back with SS and PS to the race track, what's the red flag? JMO

Agree. But most people would have made sure it was put directly in hands regardless of instructions. I would have still knocked on the door and waited since all the cars were there and someone should be home. It's called being an above and beyond employee.

Agree. But most people would have made sure it was put directly in hands regardless of instructions. I would have still knocked on the door and waited since all the cars were there and someone should be home. It's called being an above and beyond employee.

Not if you are told that your boss's son is home sick and his dad, your boss, doesn't want you disturbing him.

On CNN today with Brooke Baldwin , Pamela Brown reports that PS was strangled in addition to being beaten, stabbed and burned. 2 women are being scrutinized. Hair follicles, finger and shoe prints have been found.

This gets worse with every report. This is so personal. Ugh.
Not surprised at all women are involved. Most vicious fight I ever saw was 2 sisters duking it out.
When I looked through the photos of the S family on legacy.com there was a photo of A and P, and I'm pretty sure A was carrying a large LV tote bag.
If I were LE I'd be looking for that tote if it's not at the S house.

And on spotcrime.com there was a burglary on Connecticut Ave. the same day.

Not if you are told that your boss's son is home sick and his dad, your boss, doesn't want you disturbing him.

Maybe. But if the guy is not involved than I know he feels bad as is. So I will not put him down any further. Thanks.

Didn't SS speak with his Sister Thursday also?
YES. I was wrong. Despite knowing something of the mind-spirit training SS had, just couldn't believe he could be so cool after that hideous night. WAPO and several other news sources report sister as having said she spoke with SS thursday A.M.

DW didn't expect a 40k heist. Maybe 10k at most. But why 40 and not a even 50. 40 just sounds odd.

People take money out of banks.......lots of it, you know. I just don't see how any red flags are raised by that. Without LE, I can't see a bank employee taking upon themselves to place a dye pack in money a customer legitimately requests from his own account. While banks are mandated reporters if they suspect someone of financial elder abuse or DW walked in with the employee to get the cash.......that might raise a flag, but to most reasonable people, ie at the bank, there was no red flag. It was a wealthy customer who needed cash. JMO

I dunno. In the places I've worked, I could easily have wired several million or more someplace with a couple quick signatures, but if I had asked to take out $40,000 in cash, our CFO would have looked at me like I had fifteen heads. I'm not in the iron supply or dojo business, but it's still a boatload of cash given that there are very few situations that require it.

Quotes below are random picks, the article itself is lengthy with interesting information.

I think for years, it's a red flag threshold of $10,000 either deposited or withdrawn from a single account. This can also be taken together as an accumulated amount to determine whether it's worth noting. You can take 9,999 from more than a single account thinking you'd be circumventing the rule/law (?) but if the accounts are all at the same bank - they go for the total. So, I have always wondered (and posted) about why no red flags were raised and if they were, I'm curious about the process. Banks and the IRS don't want money laundering, drug deals or kidnapping. That much cash can be tax evasion.

”JP Morgan Chase is banning wire transfers*from their bank to foreign banks to prevent American capital flight which will surely happen as America wakes up to the desperate situation that the banks are in. The bank is also prohibiting any cash withdrawals of $50,000 or more. This past Friday, HSBC (America) followed suit. It is highly likely that all 5 megabanks will enact the same policies in the near future.

Federal law requires that the bank file a report based upon any withdrawal or deposit of $10,000 or more on any single given day. The law was designed to put a damper on money laundering, sophisticated counterfeiting and other federal crimes.

To remain in compliance with the law, financial institutions must obtain personal identification, information about the transaction and the social security number of the person conducting the transaction.

Technically, there is no federal law prohibiting the use of large amounts of cash. However, a CTR must be filed in ALL cases of cash transaction regardless of the reason underlying the transaction."

http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/2...oney-out-of-the-bank-without-going-to-prison/

YES. I was wrong. Despite knowing something of the mind-spirit training SS had, just couldn't believe he could be so cool after that hideous night. WAPO and several other news sources report sister as having said she spoke with SS thursday A.M.

Maybe SS had a false sense of relief... knowing the money was on its way, thinking the nightmare for his family would soon be over... I just can't imagine that he wouldn't have tried to get help on one of those phone calls if he had any indication on how this would end...

Thanks , What I meant about the phone and you are absolutely correct (good point)that she would speak spanish and they were only letting savvas call out . What I meant ,though, was my husband would find it strange that I did not call him directly using another family member's phone if my phone was dead.

Realtors need to get ready. Because I doubt family will keep the house. I know I wouldn't. Very gruesome memories. It would be too painful. Jmo

Maybe. But if the guy is not involved than I know he feels bad as is. So I will not put him down any further. Thanks.

I think she was just saying what I feel as well. He was asked by his employer to put the money in the car. Heck, I wouldn't have questioned it either.

Well, all we know is what JW told investigators and what accountant might have assumed--that JW was delivering it to SS personally--while, in fact, we don't know how JW actually did deliver it. To whom, he delivered. The fact that according to his story, he was willing to put it in the car and raised no red flags for him, raises red flags for me-- about JW. I think his story was a total crock. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1