DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the CNN story in print, updated at 4:30 pm, regarding the strangulation:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/politics/dc-mansion-fire-bloody-bat/

From the link

In particular, police continue to look at two women who purchased money orders with money believed to be from $40,000 dropped off to the home while the victims were being held hostage, according to the source.

That money was intended for a martial arts center Savopoulos planned to open in Virginia, and was delivered by Savopoulos' assistant to the house the day the murders took place.

A separate law enforcement official says investigators have been perplexed as to why the assistant changed his story multiple times, but at this point investigators don't believe he was complicit in the crime. The official cautioned, however, that a conclusion about that has not been reached.

Hey!! Have you guys seen or heard about this? With "caution" though, of course:

A separate law enforcement official says investigators have been perplexed as to why the assistant changed his story multiple times, but at this point investigators don't believe he was complicit in the crime. The official cautioned, however, that a conclusion about that has not been reached.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/politi...re-bloody-bat/

The advertisement on this site is sending me to other sites before the page even loads and then I have to navigate back. Is anyone else having this problem?

I can't scroll without triggering a ad sometimes as well.

Pamela Brown is a friend of mine. Just messaged her. She said it was Savvas who was strangled - not Phillip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Let her know the public finds it far more important to be accurate than it is to be first; no one at CNN seems to understand that which is why their misreporting the last couple years has been out of control. And I'm a fan of CNN.

JW lied because he thought his boss was still alive and wouldn't want him to tell the truth. He thought he should cover up (1) the source of the money, claiming it was from the bank, and (2) the fact that he left it in an unlocked car. Doesn't answer everything, but this is what I think.

From err's cnn link (post 775)

"There are multiple search warrants related to the case that have not been unsealed, according to the source, an indication authorities are trying to keep a close hold on the information and leads they have."

"A law enforcement official tells CNN that a grand jury has convened in this case and some of Wint's family members have been subpoenaed."

From the link

In particular, police continue to look at two women who purchased money orders with money believed to be from $40,000 dropped off to the home while the victims were being held hostage, according to the source.

That money was intended for a martial arts center Savopoulos planned to open in Virginia, and was delivered by Savopoulos' assistant to the house the day the murders took place.

I can't believe they are still running with that story that the money was for the opening!! It literally boggles my mind!

Hey!! Have you guys seen or heard about this? With "caution" though, of course:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/10/politi...re-bloody-bat/
Considering CNN's unacceptable level of inaccuracy reporting what "sources" tell them, I give zero weight to this report.

First of all, the employee who got the money may have been authorized to withdraw from the account. But we don't know if the money was withdrawn from B of A that day because that part of JW's story was a lie. He got the money from the other employee and was not at the bank. I continue to believe that SS moved cash around, that it wasn't unusual. The People Magazine article said as much, that it is common in the construction industry. Its the only explanation for why this didn't send off alarms. But then, as I wrote before, how would DW know this? How would he not assume that simply asking for the money was going to raise red flags? Either he assumed it would, and instructed SS to tell them something about not calling police because their lives were in danger (and he honored that) or DW knew that asking for a large amount of cash was not unusual (raising the possibility of someone with inside knowledge) or SS told DW that no one would ask questions. To me, this is everything, the money.

I don't see how they know there are 2 women being scrutinized. Where did that come from?

CNN really screwed up.

JMO I think SS probably (to keep his family alive) told DW he could get more $$$ but would have to wait till the am for banks to open, he was buying time!

JW lied because he thought his boss was still alive and wouldn't want him to tell the truth. He thought he should cover up (1) the source of the money, claiming it was from the bank, and (2) the fact that he left it in an unlocked car. Doesn't answer everything, but this is what I think.

I fully agree!

I have seen people post about SS talking to his sister at some point but I never actually saw anything in the news reports about this? Can someone link to it? (Of course a lot of the reporting about this case has been incorrect so it's hard to know what to believe)

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015...-murder-of-prominent-DC-family/3751431748492/

"The deaths shocked the upscale D.C. neighborhood and the family has been described by neighbors and friends as well-liked. Savvas Savopoulos' sister, Debra Masser, said she had spoken to her brother that morning and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, the Washington Post reported."

I can't believe they are still running with that story that the money was for the opening!! It literally boggles my mind!

Oh I think it might be true. SS might have had the cash to be used for something having to do with the opening, thats why it was available. And thats why no one was concerned when he asked for it to be dropped off at his house.

The advertisement on this site is sending me to other sites before the page even loads and then I have to navigate back. Is anyone else having this problem?

Try deleting the advertisement. Sometimes it works.

I fully agree!

Let me be more explicit while trying to stay within the rules. JW probably believed that the money wasn't kosher. he was protecting his employer. Whether or not that was true is irrelevant, its what JW believed.

I think there's a reason they are going through the finances. As I said, money moved around. Cash was withdrawn for the dojo opening and no one raised an eyebrow. This may have been perfectly legitimate but LE wants to know who would have known about the availability of cash. It may have been that DW got lucky and walked in on a situation where money was available. Or maybe someone associated with the crime knew.

Let me be more explicit while trying to stay within the rules. JW probably believed that the money wasn't kosher. he was protecting his employer. Whether or not that was true is irrelevant, its what JW believed.

I think there's a reason they are going through the finances. As I said, money moved around. Cash was withdrawn for the dojo opening and no one raised an eyebrow. This may have been perfectly legitimate but LE wants to know who would have known about the availability of cash. It may have been that DW got lucky and walked in on a situation where money was available. Or maybe someone associated with the crime knew.

If it is true about the money being preplanned to be there then why all the calls in the early hours on thursday morn. See to me if it was planned SS would not have been making all those calls thursday morn. jmo idk

Oh I think it might be true. SS might have had the cash to be used for something having to do with the opening, thats why it was available. And thats why no one was concerned when he asked for it to be dropped off at his house.

If that was the case, there would be no "flurry of calls" to the Accountant and the bank. IMO.

Every once in a while I have trouble loading the page -- I think because there is trouble loading one of the ads. On another note, one of the ads for a pet supply store had a picture that so uncannily resembled my shepard-mix pound puppy that I went over it marking by marking to satisfy myself that they hadn't come up with some clever and spooky way to access the photos on my computer and drop them into their ads.

If it is true about the money being preplanned to be there then why all the calls in the early hours on thursday morn. See to me if it was planned SS would not have been making all those calls thursday morn. jmo idk
Maybe is was planned for Friday and he moved it up.

If that was the case, there would be no "flurry of calls" to the Accountant and the bank. IMO.

it wasn't enough money. No way would anyone have done all this for $40,000. Perps thought they could get more. But it was the money SS could get his hands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1