DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his office had been blowing up his phone with calls trying to locate SS and he didn't answer so the office contacted his sister. He pretty much had to answer his sister or she probably would have asked police to make a welfare check.

JMO

There's never been any indication that his office thought he was missing. Remember, he's often at the dojo, he has several businesses, he doesn't stay in one place. There has been absolutely no indication of concern. frankly, they would go to the house before they would call an out of state sister -- what would she know? I think she got the day wrong.

The point I was making is that the level of rage, demonstrated by the various forms of torture, combined with the fact that US Currency (and Credit cards) was/were left at the murder scene; indicates to me that this was really a crime motivated by something more than getting all or half of the $40,000.

Just as an aside: Thieves do sell off stolen credit cards to unsuspecting other criminals...

BBM
True, but it is a great way for the finger of blame to come right back at them.

LE seem to be adamant that more than DW was involved. When DW was arrested only $10K was located. Was the remaining $30K ever found? TIA

IIRC over $10K just in money orders was found. The women in the vehicle admitted being given $2,500 each. $1,000 was given to Uber driver. In addition LE found "a large stack of $100 bills" consistent with denomination of currency delivered to the residence.
DW also had the money for a week prior to being arrested.

Not sure how much of a challenge someone can be when they are strapped to a chair.
I'd agree except that these sorts of perps have a low threshold for frustration and when they want you to die, do it or they get ticked off. Just attempting to rise from the chair,make it thump, moving one's body against the restraints, anything a guy with the training SS had would be tried and if that meant he was less easy to kill than the others, he'd get special treatment. I don't want to go into specifics, but I could cite many cases. Agree with your gist. The coward/s left everyone as defenseless as possible. Sickening. JMO

I don't think we've ever been told how much was found when DW was arrested. I hope that info will be released.
He was arrested with five others who were traveling in the car with him or in a box truck driving nearby. The truck was carrying $10,000 in cash.
Members of the U.S. Marshals Task Force saw a stack of $100 bills in plain view.
'The denomination of this money is consistent with the denomination of money that was delivered to the decedent's resident prior to the homicide,' court documents said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reveal-emerges-suspect-did-not-act-alone.html
sorry to link this site...take with a grain of salt.

This case is so disturbing. It's very hard not to think of what happened to the S family and VF. I wish DW could be put down like the rabid monster he is.

Maybe is was planned for Friday and he moved it up.

I think the money may have been preplanned for use on Friday, the day of the opening. But after the home invasion, he decided to move that up and get the money ONE DAY earlier. JMO

Great minds think alike....:wink:

I agree...you are both great minds. I just don't know why $40K would be needed for the Dojo opening. They would have written checks for any catering, and contractors - or just been billed, which is probably more likely. It is not a cash business - nothing being sold, so no need for change, etc.

And that is a heck of a lot of money to be given away as "door prizes" or whatever.

Maybe y'all are right...I don't see it myself. And it may be a long time before we know.

I do not claim to be an expert. Perhaps I am naive. I do not believe he will be respected. I think people convicted of a crime also are on a spectrum. Many will think this guy is sick and went beyond the norm for many housed in prisons.

I may be wrong. Killing someone in the heat of the moment is different than bashing people with a baseball bat, stabbing, torturing and murdering a child for several hours goes way beyond why many of them are imprisoned. Again, I could be wrong and not an expert. Just IMO.

I respect your thoughts. But you must not know the ruling population of the DC prison system and the crimes that they are there for.

As long as you don't kill a family member of somebody that runs the sector. Than you are ok since the bad guys know that you are crazy just like them. Jmo

True. Makes me wonder if it wasn't about the $40,000 at all and wasn't supposed to go on as long as it did. Maybe it started as a home invasion, jewelry, cash on hand, electronics, etc. then as an attempt to bargain for release, SS brought up the cash as opposed to DW knowing about the cash. Would explain why they came to the house with what seems to be unprepared. They didn't plan on staying there overnight. SS was stalling for more time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's what i think might have happened. I think DW and friends assumed there would be cash and diamonds and gold bars, etc, because they saw the Bentley/Porsche/etc ....And I think it is possible that this family did not have lots of valuables laying around. They probably spent their money on their ranch, and their family vacations and private schools and their exotic cars. So SS had some angry guests in his home. :cry:

I agree...you are both great minds. I just don't know why $40K would be needed for the Dojo opening. They would have written checks for any catering, and contractors - or just been billed, which is probably more likely. It is not a cash business - nothing being sold, so no need for change, etc.

And that is a heck of a lot of money to be given away as "door prizes" or whatever.

Maybe y'all are right...I don't see it myself. And it may be a long time before we know.

Why would SS need that much money for the opening? I think SS was doing whatever he had to to get as much money as he could at the demand of DW, and all he could get was the 40k.

why people insist on pushing information from a network that has proved to not be credible in their reporting on this case is perplexing...

I don't know about that, lol! I've seen just as many inconsistencies and errors from all media. The most reliable I've come across so far us WUSA9 or something like that. But, they all seem to wing it when vying desperately to be "you heard it here first" foolishness.

Agree. But most people would have made sure it was put directly in hands regardless of instructions. I would have still knocked on the door and waited since all the cars were there and someone should be home. It's called being an above and beyond employee.

I wouldn't have gone against my bosses instructions. I used to be an assistant and taking direct orders is a big part of the job. If I was told NOT to knock on the door, I would not do so. I would assume that SS gave JW a solid explanation for not doing so...?

A few thoughts based on the information from the returns so far...
Perhaps VF (older than the SS family members) was knocked out cold earlier in the crime. My suspicion is she was the first person encountered BTW. SS needed to make the call to her husband because she was incapable and DW spotted him on the property. She was then not thought of as much of a threat, so she still had some signs of life being transported via ambo.
The perps are disorganized (DW..but I say perps...just my opinion) and trying to make sense of their actions is beyond my comprehension. They seem impulsive yet spend the night...
They knew they left damning evidence behind so attempt to burn the place down but yet did not consider how large the home was and fire was contained to the second story only.
Porsche remains a complete mystery to me-maybe we will get away with it, maybe not...
My heart goes out to those two young and beautiful daughters who lost both parents and their baby brother, house ruined and no space to even grieve their losses. I really hope they do not engage in the media stories and details.
:moo:

I wish dw had just used a gun. This guy loves to torture and humiliate. He is very hands on. Just shoot me and get it over with. But stabbings and bats and strangulations and arson is too much.

I bet he had access to guns but since he was such a gentle giant; He decided not to have firearms involved in his home invasion.

He seems to think that killing someone via gun is a sign of weakness.

Btw: If you think prisoners are going to beat him up for what he did. You are wrong. He will probably be looked at as a legend for the amount of news coverage and cash that he has received.
Jmo

What cash? He isn't going to be allowed to pocket one dime. I doubt DW will ever be around other prisoners. The prison has to protect them from deranged maniacs just as they have to protect the prison staff.

JMO

That's what i think might have happened. I think DW and friends assumed there would be cash and diamonds and gold bars, etc, because they saw the Bentley/Porsche/etc ....And I think it is possible that this family did not have lots of valuables laying around. They probably spent their money on their ranch, and their family vacations and private schools and their exotic cars. So SS had some angry guests in his home. :cry:

Robbers need to remember that due to the credit and debit card influx that people rarely carry or store cash in homes.

Every time I go to the store for a 25 cent item. I still find myself paying with my debit card.

Times has definitely changed.

Jmo

Well, all we know is what JW told investigators and what accountant might have assumed--that JW was delivering it to SS personally--while, in fact, we don't know how JW actually did deliver it. To whom, he delivered. The fact that according to his story, he was willing to put it in the car and raised no red flags for him, raises red flags for me-- about JW. I think his story was a total crock. JMO

I don't know why that seems so alarming---to put the cash in a car in a locked garage? If SS told JW that he was going to the dojo later to take the cash there, why would putting in it a car seem so alarming? " Hey my son and wife are ill and are sleeping, and I have a conference call, so just leave it in the car so I can take it with me later-thanks..." Sounds alright to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1