DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why that seems so alarming---to put the cash in a car in a locked garage? If SS told JW that he was going to the dojo later to take the cash there, why would putting in it a car seem so alarming? " Hey my son and wife are ill and are sleeping, and I have a conference call, so just leave it in the car so I can take it with me later-thanks..." Sounds alright to me...

He also texted that he had done as requested so SS would know it was there and retrieve it immediately

Why do you think they allowed him to speak to his sister ? Seems strange considering the circumstances . I was wondering if she confused it with the day before . She could have been in shock

I think that if the sister called and SS didnt answer, it might have been a red flag. Also, I wonder if DW thought she had access to more $ for them.

I wonder if the media is overstating the inconsistencies in JW's statements by saying "multiple times". IIRC there were two inconsistent statements according to the CDoc. 1) JW originally told LE that SS contacted Wednesday night about collecting the money. This was contradicted by text messages that indicate SS contacted JW Thursday morning 2) JW first told LE that the Mosler was locked when he arrived with the money. He later changed that statement to say it was unlocked.

I think it is possible that JW didn't intentionally lie. His first statements were made just hours after learning of the fire and I suspect he was in shock. LE have said JW "admitted to lying". I wonder if that is just their interpretation. I can't imagine a smart guy like JW saying "yes I lied".

The third lie was about how the money was handed to him. And the fourth lie was that he had witnessed the accountant getting the money from the bank official.

I'd bet there is other confirmation of his saying "I lied" than the investigator's saying he did. But his lies do not prove he was involved. So he was caught without front and rear tag on his car. He's smart. Did he say, "I forgot?" I think the investigators are being extremely careful and we have ATA, Secret Service, and FBI in on this one.

He had a very few things to do in picking-up and delivering the money. He forgot or lied about a large percentage of those things as well as about when he learned he was to pick up the money. He claimed he learned at the same time as the others at AIW who were key to the transaction, while, in fact, he was texted (giving rise to my suspicion that DW, not SS, contacted him) at the same time family was held hostage on Wed. before bank opened, before anyone else was rallying.

But never mind. He could be lying for a whole other reason than to cover his involvement in ay element of this crime. JMO

What cash? He isn't going to be allowed to pocket one dime. I doubt DW will ever be around other prisoners. The prison has to protect them from deranged maniacs just as they have to protect the prison staff.

JMO

The cash he made off with. Prisoners don't care if you got caught 10 seconds after a robbery. They are only infatuated about how much cash you received during the robbery.

Btw. These guys are locked up and would love to have a big gentle giant that doesn't give a F on their side.

Jmo.

A legend of stupidity. How many days until he was identified by his DNA? He committed those horrible atrocities for a mere $40,000 and was identified less than a week later. Too little payoff for so much risk. Add the fact that he tortured to death a little boy? No way will he be respected or revered. He may have a groupie or two in prison, but not the kind that would give him any cred. Pedophile torturers.

This case is going to be a big ole' black eye for somebody. They can only hope there will be a plea and no trial because his violent past will come out and people will scream that he wasn't locked up or deported long before this.

ETA: his violent past will become more widely known, I should say. If this becomes a trial, it'll get mileage.

I wish dw had just used a gun. This guy loves to torture and humiliate. He is very hands on. Just shoot me and get it over with. But stabbings and bats and strangulations and arson is too much.

I bet he had access to guns but since he was such a gentle giant; He decided not to have firearms involved in his home invasion.

He seems to think that killing someone via gun is a sign of weakness.

Btw: If you think prisoners are going to beat him up for what he did. You are wrong. He will probably be looked at as a legend for the amount of news coverage and cash that he has received.
Jmo

What cash? He isn't going to be allowed to pocket one dime. I doubt DW will ever be around other prisoners. The prison has to protect them from deranged maniacs just as they have to protect the prison staff.

JMO

So out of everything that was viably mentioned in my post. You decided to mention this.

Good job. I already know.

He also texted that he had done as requested so SS would know it was there and retrieve it immediately
Hah hah. So DW would know he had the cash. Did SS give some excuse in his text to JW Wed. why the cash should be placed in an unlocked car rather than handed to him?
I don't think so. I'd like to know what raised LE's hackles. What probable cause did LE have to get a search warrant to locate evidence of the crime in JW's car?
Oh, why did JW have the Mosler registration?
Poor baby. LE is just shoving him around and trying to frame him in this huge rush to judgement as they smear him to the press and lock him up for obstruction and stealing half the ransom money . NOT.
He is innocent, but he is fishy. JMO

The first story was that he was with the guy when he withdrew it from the B ofA. The second story was that the other guy got the money out of his pockets. I assume the whole B of A story wasn't true.

No, LE claims that the first time JW said he got money from the assistant already in the envelope, and the second time he said he saw assistant get money out of his pockets and JW then put money into red lined bag.
LE doesn't say the whole B of A story isn't true. The difference between the two stories is not where JW got the money, is whether the money were given to him in a manila envelope or in bundles.

The only reason why I think someone smarter than DW planned this is because killers and home invasioners do not have the sense of getting money orders.

That money order stuff sounds like a smarter person helped guide his thoughts. Which means they either helped plan things or they suggested after with knowledge of the crime or they simply suggested this without knowing which crime he did.

Jmo

I don't know. Money orders are very popular with many immigrant families because they can send money home to relatives. My friend from Jamaica buys a money order every month to send to his grandmother back home. He pretty much supports her.

I agree...you are both great minds. I just don't know why $40K would be needed for the Dojo opening. They would have written checks for any catering, and contractors - or just been billed, which is probably more likely. It is not a cash business - nothing being sold, so no need for change, etc.

And that is a heck of a lot of money to be given away as "door prizes" or whatever.

Maybe y'all are right...I don't see it myself. And it may be a long time before we know.

My daughters boyfriend trains at a dojo. I asked him what goes on at grand openings. He said there are often 'prize fights' and 'prize' competitions. Competitors from around the world often come to openings and compete and show their skills. Maybe there were prizes being readied?

ETA: I also considered that some of these international stars might be paid to attend. I know that here are conventions, such as dragon-con, where the talent is paid to appear. And sometimes they are paid in cash for daily expenses.
Per Diem: A contractually agreedupon sum of money paid daily to help cover an actor's daily expenses

Per diem is routinely paid in cash.

IIRC over $10K just in money orders was found. The women in the vehicle admitted being given $2,500 each. $1,000 was given to Uber driver. In addition LE found "a large stack of $100 bills" consistent with denomination of currency delivered to the residence.
DW also had the money for a week prior to being arrested.

Also, money and money orders were found in the car and the truck.

I
The only reason why I think someone smarter than DW planned this is because killers and home invasioners do not have the sense of getting money orders.

That money order stuff sounds like a smarter person helped guide his thoughts. Which means they either helped plan things or they suggested after with knowledge of the crime or they simply suggested this without knowing which crime he did.

Jmo

People who do not have checking accounts and do not have credit cards often pay their bills with money orders. I see people buy them at the post office frequently. And you can buy money orders and wire money at gas stations like QT and in Walmart in Georgia.
Maybe DDW wired some of the money to his family member in Guyana...between 1:30 and 5:30 perhaps...JMO.

Hah hah. So DW would know he had the cash. Did SS give some excuse in his text to JW Wed. why the cash should be placed in an unlocked car rather than handed to him?
I don't think so. I'd like to know what raised LE's hackles. What probable cause did LE have to get a search warrant to locate evidence of the crime in JW's car?
Oh, why did JW have the Mosler registration?
Poor baby. LE is just shoving him around and trying to frame him in this huge rush to judgement as they smear him to the press and lock him up for obstruction and stealing half the ransom money . NOT.
He is innocent, but he is fishy. JMO

Plus, why didn't he return the 11:40 call from SS (1 hour after he dropped off money)once his phone was in range? I know we've talked about all of JW inconsistancies
many times... but I still have my doubts?

I

People who do not have checking accounts and do not have credit cards often pay their bills with money orders. I see people buy them at the post office frequently. And you can buy money orders and wire money at gas stations like QT and in Walmart in Georgia.
Maybe DDW wired some of the money to his family member in Guyana...between 1:30 and 5:30 perhaps...JMO.

I agree with you. This is the first I've every heard anyone suggest a money order is a reflection of advanced intelligence. Many poor people have to get money orders to pay their utility bills. That's why so many places sell them. smh

JMO

No, LE claims that the first time JW said he got money from the assistant already in the envelope, and the second time he said he saw assistant get money out of his pockets and JW then put money into red lined bag.
LE doesn't say the whole B of A story isn't true. The difference between the two stories is not where JW got the money, is whether the money were given to him in a manila envelope or in bundles.

He also had claimed he was present when bank official gave money to the AIW accountant. He wasn't.

He also had claimed he was present when bank official gave money to the AIW accountant. He wasn't.

And the employee told LE that he gave the money bundles with bank wrappers to JW. The media reported the flurry of phone calls that AM included SS and the bank. JW took a photo of the money and a bank wrapper could be seen. Not sure why there is doubt the bank was involved. I think the evidence proves the bank supplied the money.

JMO

And the employee told LE that he gave the money bundles with bank wrappers to JW. The media reported the flurry of phone calls that AM included SS and the bank. JW took a photo of the money and a bank wrapper could be seen. Not sure why there is doubt the bank was involved. I think the evidence proves the bank supplied the money.

JMO

The money probably came form the bank, but when? The $40,000 is different from the flurry of phone calls. The former was arranged the night before. It clearly wasn't enough so more calls were made. We do now know when the $40,000 was withdrawn because it came out of the the AIW employee's ockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1