DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. Rich folks have cell phones just like poor folks. So I'm very confused of any acceptable explanations of why i still couldn't speak to my wife.

NO. The job of driver/errand person/whatever it was that JW did for SS. I'm only saying that if I had enough money to hire for a position like that, I'd feel a lot more at ease with a retired police officer handling these things instead of someone who portrays as immature.

Agree. But maybe he chose JW to do the drop with hopes that the kidnappers would have no interest in abducting him as well since he is young and broke.

Mr s probably knew that the person doing the drop would be in danger if they had money as well or if they were close to the family.

What sort of job, deliver ransom money? I can't see a retired LEO wanting to do errands and drive someone around. jmo

I think I disagree. A chauffeur salary has potential to be fairly lucrative when combined with a police officer pension. If you can make $40,000 as a chauffeur and another 40 or $50,000 in pension, you're doing pretty good for your retirement. I'd love to be paid $40,000 to drive someone around and run errands. I'd rather do that than be LEO. Especially these days. I'm sure after 30 years on the job, they've seen so many DW's they can't take it anymore. And from the perspective of a very wealthy person, I'd love the fact that a retired LEO is allowed to carry a handgun there. I would think that hiring a retired LEO would be a total win-win situation. IMO.

http://www1.salary.com/DC/Washington/Chauffeur-salary.html

TG! I just figured out how to use my Tapatalk. I never get to comment because it always timed out!!! It is so annoying to type and lose it do to the time out feature!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Rich folks have cell phones just like poor folks. So I'm very confused of any acceptable explanations of why i still couldn't speak to my wife.

Agreed. When I run late getting something from the convenience store around the corner because I ran into someone I know, my husband is calling me fairly soon. Not because he is possessive or jealous but because he is a protector by nature. I'm pretty sure some would find it strange how we are always checking on one another. He works in a field where he can't always get to my phone call right away. And some of his jobs are dangerous. So if I call once or twice more in the next 30 or 40 minutes and he still doesn't answer, I call his buddy and find out if all is OK. One time, all was not ok.

Example: Every year I go to an all-girls Christmas party. DH barely knows the hostess. Party usually ends at 9:00. Then, hostess calls my husband saying Bella's phone died and she wants to tell you she's staying overnight because she drank too much. Would never fly. Why am I not using the hostess' phone and relay this message myself. My husband would appear there ASAP. Now, I know the situation with VF is not exactly the same. But, Her day ends at 3 and husband works graveyard which usually starts at 11 or 12. Somewhere within those 8 or 9 hours, there IS going to be contact. Maybe all couples are not like us. We are always checking in with another. Maybe Mr. F was intimidated by the wealthy S family. Not that they caused that. Just maybe being in such a different economic class made him feel more reluctant to push for answers. He did go to the house after getting off work but that is where he and my husband would have definitely parted ways. After 24 hours not hearing the sound of my voice when everyone has a phone-and the S family also had a landline-phone died is a terrible excuse and no, DH is not buying it. But again, I've seen nothing negative about this man and feel awful for him.

If you are going to take a pic of the 40 Large. Then why wasn't all the money in the picture.

Good thing he isn't a bank teller. You would probably have selfies of him holding all different types of bundles
all over his Facebook.

Agreed. When I run late getting something from the convenience store around the corner because I ran into someone I know, my husband is calling me fairly soon. Not because he is possessive or jealous but because he is a protector by nature. I'm pretty sure some would find it strange how we are always checking on one another. He works in a field where he can't always get to my phone call right away. And some of his jobs are dangerous. So if I call once or twice more in the next 30 or 40 minutes and he still doesn't answer, I call his buddy and find out if all is OK. One time, all was not ok.

Example: Every year I go to an all-girls Christmas party. DH barely knows the hostess. Party usually ends at 9:00. Then, hostess calls my husband saying Bella's phone died and she wants to tell you she's staying overnight because she drank too much. Would never fly. Why am I not using the hostess' phone and relay this message myself. My husband would appear there ASAP. Now, I know the situation with VF is not exactly the same. But, Her day ends at 3 and husband works graveyard which usually starts at 11 or 12. Somewhere within those 8 or 9 hours, there IS going to be contact. Maybe all couples are not like us. We are always checking in with another. Maybe Mr. F was intimidated by the wealthy S family. Not that they caused that. Just maybe being in such a different economic class made him feel more reluctant to push for answers. He did go to the house after getting off work but that is where he and my husband would have definitely parted ways. After 24 hours not hearing the sound of my voice when everyone has a phone-and the S family also had a landline-phone died is a terrible excuse and no, DH is not buying it. But again, I've seen nothing negative about this man and feel awful for him.

I agree. My husband would have called non stop and would find it EXTREMELY odd if he did not get to speak to me directly. He would have immediately asked, "Can I speak to her?? He definitely would have driven to the house the night before!

But, I am not judging the poor, broken hearted husband!

If you are going to take a pic of the 40 Large. Then why wasn't all the money in the picture.

Good thing he isn't a bank teller. You would probably have selfies of him holding all different types of bundles
all over his Facebook.

Being a bank teller, handling cash - even a whole bunch of it - is not interesting. At all!!!

Being an assistant to a weathly man, driving his very expensive cars and then delivering a large amount of cash is in fact, interesting to someone.

So much is made of this pic not showing all of the money. But he states how much it is, so this isn't strange to me. If he was sending the photo of "his portion" he wouldn't say 40, he would say 20.

Lovely post. Very well stated and very visual. Agree. Hopefully she knew hubby did show up.

My teens have also used the excuse, I couldn't call because my phone was dead and did not have a charger". We always reply, "Do not hand this that BS. All your friends have phones!"

Being a bank teller, handling cash - even a whole bunch of it - is not interesting. At all!!!

Being an assistant to a weathly man, driving his very expensive cars and then delivering a large amount of cash is in fact, interesting to someone.

So much is made of this pic not showing all of the money. But he states how much it is, so this isn't strange to me. If he was sending the photo of "his portion" he wouldn't say 40, he would say 20.

Agree. He wouldn't be stupid enough to send a pic of robbery money.

He seems like he was just happy and honored with being trusted with bosses money. I get it. He felt like things may really be looking up for him as being a trusted assistant for a wealthy person.

I can't blame him for that. Did they recover anything when searching his car?

Wish they would show the dang picture, and what about the mailman? shouldn't they have noticed something? J/K

Very troubling to me at least that there is no mention of VF 's husband trying to find his wife after he said he got a call from SS explaining that she a nd his wife were at a hospital. Which hospital? Why were they there? Obvious questions he would have asked. No mention of it all. Strange.

It is odd, however, VF had worked in the home for 5 years. So her husband would have some trust in SS. And maybe the explanation relieved his fears that she had been harmed on her way home, or something. So he felt a sense of relief and went home to sleep after a full nights shift of work.

Agree. He wouldn't be stupid enough to send a pic of robbery money.

He seems like he was just happy and honored with being trusted with bosses money. I get it. He felt like things may really be looking up for him as being a trusted assistant for a wealthy person.

I can't blame him for that. Did they recover anything when searching his car?

The registration for the Mosler.

Wish they would show the dang picture, and what about the mailman? shouldn't they have noticed something? J/K

What about the lawn crew? Wouldn't they notice the door and broken glass?

Didn't VF hubby also hear thumping sounds when he went by that morning to check on his wife. I think he said he went to around the side of the house and heard noises. But he left after a reassuring text or something.

LE should have been contacted then since you went out of your way to see your wife but still not being able to see her or talk to her within a 24 hr time frame.

20/20 reported his having heard "shuffling sounds." I think if your wife's employer calls personally to explain, you do not continue knocking, insist he come out of the house, or call police to report that you think Mr. Savopoulos's family and your wife are being held captive. It is usually in hindsight, going over the call later that one finds things "strange," but he saw nothing at the house that should have alerted him to just how strange.

Agree. But maybe he chose JW to do the drop with hopes that the kidnappers would have no interest in abducting him as well since he is young and broke.

Mr s probably knew that the person doing the drop would be in danger if they had money as well or if they were close to the family.

We do not know that SS had any choice in the matter. It could be that he was ordered not to have a company official to do the drop-off. How would perps know the difference, tho? Did they have a view of the area where the courier would park to ensure he was not an undercover, not nosing around for signs of trouble while in garage?
How would "they" know personal assistant young and broke?
I am suspicious of their not being suspicious, taking a risk having any courier come to the premises they did not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1