DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would somebody torture people for $40k? There has to be something more to this and it scares me.

There are people who would gladly torture people for free. They do it because they are sadistic. I think DW enjoyed it. The money was just a bonus. JMO

I just went through every article I could find linked to in google and all of them say his sister talked to him Thursday morning and found him in "good spirits." Some of us had thought maybe she meant Wednesday morning. We also wondered at perp/s letting SS take her call. JMO Mr. Savopoulos did an amazing job of acting like the situation was normal. To me, makes it all the more tragic that despite heroic effort to save his family and Mrs. Figeroa, and keeping that effort up 18 hours or more, fiend/s killed them and with such savagery.

Yes, sister talked to him on Thursday morning. It came out right away, so I don't think sister was confused as to when she talked to SS.

Sister is older. She's also in Florida, so I'm not sure she was really involved in the company.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I read that she is a controller. Let me find you a link for that.

Home Depot and Walmart deliver food? I've never heard of that. I can order a home item from Home Depot and have it sent to the closest store and I still have to show I.D. For Pizza, they buzz and you have to go to the door and sign for it.

JMO

Some posters here have said that they don't have to sign for pizza. I think Wyle_ was just giving examples of businesses that don't require signatures. I can order merchandise online or over the phone and never have to sign anything. A pizza place would not have to require a signature either. I understand that it is most common to get one rather than not and most probably do have a policy to obtain the sig, but again not necessary to process the transaction. IMO.

I'm sure there will be more arrests. LE has made it clear that this crime REQUIRED the assistance of at least two people. How they know this has not been disclosed. They have also stated that "mistakes were made". We know that the DNA on the pizza crust was one mistake. The other mistakes are being closely guarded. It would be a major debacle if LE has to backtrack and conclude that DW acted alone. But just think of all the information definitively known to LE that we don't know. They know how SS got home on the 13th. They have the forensic evidence from the victims and the house. They know if SS and AS were still wearing rings and watches. They know what, if anything, was stolen from the house. They have forensic evidence from the vehicles. They know who called whom and when. They know the exact content of text messages from the days preceding the crime and the days directly after. They know what was found as a result of numerous search warrants. And much more. They are putting two and two together. My guess is that they have the picture in clear focus; but maybe don't have the evidentiary basis for ironclad convictions.

There was speculation in a previous thread that SS and AS were still wearing at least their wedding rings. In the pictures from the funeral service, there are pictures of the two daughters, and it appears the oldest one is wearing what could be a wedding band on each hand. I don't even want to link to the pictures, because I think it's awful they exist and I can't imagine having pictures of me like that on one of the worst days of my life, but they are out there.

I agree with all of your points- LE knows so, so, so much more. That's why I think it's interesting they have searched JW's car, phone records, etc. and still haven't arrested him. Maybe they really don't think he's involved at this point. IDK. I can't imagine how much street camera footage they have gathered and are looking through to see where the cars of interest were and when. The streets of the DC area have so many cameras- red light cameras, speed cameras, traffic cameras, and probably separate ones for HOV lane restrictions. I wonder if they have been able to piece anything together that way. I also really hope that even if the family's security system didn't provide any information, that other homes in the area picked up something on theirs. I keep hoping I'll check the news and see a ton of new information and arrests, but that still hasn't happened. Hopefully soon- the DC police tend to be pretty good.

I was reviewing another thread. I cannot believe the Porsche was in a parking lot just .4 miles from DW's sister's apartment.

Why would somebody torture people for $40k? There has to be something more to this and it scares me.

JMO- We don't know what DW & Co really left with (or expected to leave with) DO WE? The $40 grand was SS's "think on your feet" way to buy more time.... but what did he (DW) think/presume or have some information/knowledge of ... that should/could have been in the SS home that was worth the risk?

IMO it was SUPPOSED to be an in/out "get rich quick gig" maybe just hijacking the
women/child before SS became aware, AS didn't have the info/combination/whereabouts of the expected valuables, on to plan (B) AS gets SS to come home, (why couldn't they have waited till his 7pm arrival?) now...either SS couldn't produce the PRIZE DW & Co expected-or-
SS's "I can get you $$$ when the bank opens tomorrow" was an added bonus? IDK.

IMO DW didn't do this alone. The amount of control and manipulation (AND EVIL) that transpired upstairs would take (IMO) a few perps and another downstairs, watching the street for any surprises of/or detection.

IMO there had/must have been SOME beforehand knowledge of the family's (plus NG & VF) whereabouts and schedule for that dreaded Wednesday? BUT HOW???? IDK

JMO- We don't know what DW & Co really left with (or expected to leave with) DO WE? The $40 grand was SS's "think on your feet" way to buy more time.... but what did he (DW) think/presume or have some information/knowledge of ... that should/could have been in the SS home that was worth the risk?

IMO it was SUPPOSED to be an in/out "get rich quick gig" maybe just hijacking the
women/child before SS became aware, AS didn't have the info/combination/whereabouts of the expected valuables, on to plan (B) AS gets SS to come home, (why couldn't they have waited till his 7pm arrival?) now...either SS couldn't produce the PRIZE DW & Co expected-or-
SS's "I can get you $$$ when the bank opens tomorrow" was an added bonus? IDK.

IMO DW didn't do this alone. The amount of control and manipulation (AND EVIL) that transpired upstairs would take (IMO) a few perps and another downstairs, watching the street for any surprises of/or detection.

IMO there had/must have been SOME beforehand knowledge of the family's (plus NG & VF) whereabouts and schedule for that dreaded Wednesday? BUT HOW???? IDK

This is very good food for thought Paulas88. We have been focussed on the $40K, but I am inclined to wonder also what else they could have wanted/expected, perhaps not for themselves but for someone else? Especially since it definitely appears to have involved more than DW, AND I am doubtful it would be easy to round-up more than one cohort that would be willing to participate in a crime like this just for revenge or sadism or a cut of $40K. And it is possible DW was NOT the ringleader. He is the one who was CAUGHT based on DNA, but there might be a HUGE piece under this iceberg we do not see, which would explain much of what we do not understand here. I know real life is not like movies/TV, but sometimes it is far far stranger than fiction.

Did LE ever confirm the presence of a lawn crew being on the premises on Thursday morning? If so, was the time mentioned?

I don't care if he will be locked up in the feds or B-More or VA or wherever.

The guy is going to be able to hold his own in prison <modsnip>

But you are right. DC is independent and has let go of certain norms.

Much obliged for the reminder.

Actually I think he will be in trouble for what he did to the 11yr old boy. That is not a badge of honor in prison and hopefully the other inmates will give him hell for it.

This is very good food for thought Paulas88. We have been focussed on the $40K, but I am inclined to wonder also what else they could have wanted/expected, perhaps not for themselves but for someone else? Especially since it definitely appears to have involved more than DW, AND I am doubtful it would be easy to round-up more than one cohort that would be willing to participate in a crime like this just for revenge or sadism or a cut of $40K. And it is possible DW was NOT the ringleader. He is the one who was CAUGHT based on DNA, but there might be a HUGE piece under this iceberg we do not see, which would explain much of what we do not understand here. I know real life is not like movies/TV, but sometimes it is far far stranger than fiction.

Yes, I agree that DW is not the MAIN mastermind (more likely the hired sadist) and LE probably (IMO) has uncovered additional DNA, but perhaps it's not in the criminal database registry.

Actually I think he will be in trouble for what he did to the 11yr old boy. That is not a badge of honor in prison and hopefully the other inmates will give him hell for it.

Well if they send him to Colorado supermax. He will probably be on seclusion and 23 hr lock down for the first 10 years. It seems like that is standard procedure for the worst of the worst.

But I doubt the surrounding inmates are that honorable as well.

I'm sorry guys and gals. But if the driver left 40 large without confirmation of receipt.

How in the world can we speculate Dominos leaving $20 in pizza at the door.

Lol. Come on now.

So if you expect Dominos to make sure pizza was delivered in hand to the payee.

Then hopefully you think the same about the 40 large.

A $20 pizza order will not put a pizza company on alert to check for mis doings.

But that 40k dropped off in car seems to be ok.

The pizza drop is normal to me. But the 40 large drop. Is way more suspicious.

Jmo

:laughing: Bahahah excellent point.

I read that she is a controller. Let me find you a link for that.

No need to find a link, I know it's out there... on some business info site. MOO I think it's old info. Controller is a very hands on position, not a likely position one could do remotely. I think she moved to Florida and is no longer controller. All MOO.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member