DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW seemed very elated to be holding that much money. He even took and text a picture of it.

This tells me that he was not accustomed to being tasked with big dealings such as this.

40k is not that much especially when your boss has millions. So why take a picture of it.

Hopefully he was just trying to impress someone by acting like he was connected to millionaires.

The person swore they hear PS screaming, "No, she is not!!!'

Didn't VF hubby also hear thumping sounds when he went by that morning to check on his wife. I think he said he went to around the side of the house and heard noises. But he left after a reassuring text or something.

LE should have been contacted then since you went out of your way to see your wife but still not being able to see her or talk to her within a 24 hr time frame.

The 20/20 episode is on hulu right now. You can sign up for a free week trial. People will often post these episodes on youtube too.

The more I learn about Darren Wint the more I believe he could have actually worked alone! I am beyond shocked by his extremely light sentences for at least 3 violent crimes in his past. Outrageous. I guess he must be the exception for people saying black men receive stiffer sentences. Heck, jaywalkers receive stiffer sentences than DW.

One of the worst parts of this crime is Amy and Savvas hearing Philipp being hurt. I cannot even imagine their pain.

JW seemed very elated to be holding that much money. He even took and text a picture of it.

This tells me that he was not accustomed to being tasked with big dealings such as this.

40k is not that much especially when your boss has millions. So why take a picture of it.

Hopefully he was just trying to impress someone by acting like he was connected to millionaires.

I have never held that much money. It would made me both excited and nervous at the same time. I imagine it would be quite a rush for a 28 year old. Texting a picture of it would surely impress his gf - I think that was the intent all along. I have never felt this particular twist was a big deal. The young generation is attached to the hip with their smartphones; texting and sending pictures is like breathing.

Didn't VF hubby also hear thumping sounds when he went by that morning to check on his wife. I think he said he went to around the side of the house and heard noises. But he left after a reassuring text or something.

LE should have been contacted then since you went out of your way to see your wife but still not being able to see her or talk to her within a 24 hr time frame.

Dexter here is a link to an interview with the husband.
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...micide-speaks-exclusively-to-abc7-114107.html

IIRC VFs husband stated hearing some "shuffling sounds". Probably the DW crew freakin
out and scurrying about, " what the **** should we do"?", they most likely thought
NG had gotten ahold of VFs husband the previous night and hadn't expected the abrupt
pounding on the door and peekin around the back.

You know.. I'm surprised they didn't grab VFs husband right-then, and not take the risk (BIG RISK) of VFs husband calling police. They must have scrambled quickly getting
SS in the right state of mind to call VFs husband with such a lame story.

Some posters here have said that they don't have to sign for pizza. I think Wyle_ was just giving examples of businesses that don't require signatures. I can order merchandise online or over the phone and never have to sign anything. A pizza place would not have to require a signature either. I understand that it is most common to get one rather than not and most probably do have a policy to obtain the sig, but again not necessary to process the transaction. IMO.

I take credit cards in my retail business. Credit card processing companies require signatures because of "chargebacks", which is when a customer disputes a charge. If you, as the merchant, don't have the customers signature, the customer will almost automatically be credited for the charge. But, even with a signature today with all of credit card fraud, even with a signature, the merchant gets screwed. I don't ask for signatures anymore because if a customer disputes it.......they are generally credited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The 20/20 episode is on hulu right now. You can sign up for a free week trial. People will often post these episodes on youtube too.

The more I learn about Darren Wint the more I believe he could have actually worked alone! I am beyond shocked by his extremely light sentences for at least 3 violent crimes in his past. Outrageous. I guess he must be the exception for people saying black men receive stiffer sentences. Heck, jaywalkers receive stiffer sentences than DW.

One of the worst parts of this crime is Amy and Savvas hearing Philipp being hurt. I cannot even imagine their pain.

I don't understand why he wasn't deported a long time ago.
He cut this one guy in two separate incidents, then he cut somebody else.
Why didn't that flag him for deportation?
They flagged him now. What good does it do? If he is convicted, seems very unlikely he will get out.

I have never held that much money. It would made me both excited and nervous at the same time. I imagine it would be quite a rush for a 28 year old. Texting a picture of it would surely impress his gf - I think that was the intent all along. I have never felt this particular twist was a big deal. The young generation is attached to the hip with their smartphones; texting and sending pictures is like breathing.

I totally agree. We live in a "if there's not a pic, it didn't happen" culture! I think what made that pic significant, according to what we already know from the LE doc was that only half of the money was visible in the bag (implying IMO that the money might have been divided) and that the paper wrap on one of the bundles was not visible (implying IMO that someone might have removed it). Also, the pic showed the money in the much-discussed red-lined bag, which, as we know, when shown to JW, caused him to have to change his story about how the money was handed off to incorporate the red bag.

I think those things IMO were the only things suspicious about that pic. The fact that he sent a pic of cash to his gf seems harmless and normal for a young guy livin' large in his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully SNM

Just jumping off your post because it made me think of something else. I couldn't find what time Ms VF's husband was there that morning. He had worked an overnight shift, returned home and found his wife still not home that morning. So he went over in person to check on her. The perp/s may start getting nervous at this time because the day was starting to have outside activity. They would not know what Ms VF's husband would do next, or how long he would wait to hear from his wife.

I'll put my theory out here, it is not fact, simply my own, personal theory.

I feel the event started prior to 3 PM, the time Ms VF's shift was to end.

The house at this time may have been search, robbed, or whatever the purpose of the invasion was, and those in the home were controlled.

Then, Mr SS was needed. He was called home.

Whatever the reason Mr SS was called home for was underway, however at this point I agree with others that Mr SS believed he could negotiate with the perp/s so save his family. This would account for the overnight stay. Removing items from the house at night, in addition to the promise of money the next morning. It would also explain the call to JW on Wednesday to be available the next morning for a delivery.

It is possible Mr SS did not want to send out warnings to anyone outside the home, Mr SS could have wanted to keep the perp/s calm and assured. He was doing the best he could to produce a safe outcome. Material things meant nothing to him at the time, family safety was first.

Once the perp/s received all they could, there was no more negotiating. They knew they couldn't go on much longer with Ms VF's husband looking for her, the day would be a busy day for this family and more activity was expected in the family's daily routine.

It is my sincere hope that this family and Ms VF had hope or assurance they would be not harmed if all goes well. It is my sincere hope that no one was tortured throughout the ordeal.

I believe DW was directly involved in the murders, the blood on his shoes/boots. Several reasons for the savage of his actions could be he expected more than 40k, he had extreme hatred for this family or was involved with others that had extreme hatred. (jealousy) Mr SS could have broken from his restraint, thus the reason for the bat. Those held hostage could have become hysterical and vocal out of panic. The two ladies were silenced quickly. House set afire to destroy evidence.

I'm thinking Mr SS was hit with the bat because he was carrying out an order for the perp/s and in doing so was taken by surprise. Or he did break from his restraint and was caught quickly.

Sadly Mr SS did not have a chance to fight off the perp/s or DW would not be looking or walking as good as he does. IMO

Before I go to sleep at night, and when I wake in the am my first thoughts are to please capture all involved with this horrific crime. Beautiful people gone to soon, suffered beyond comprehension and a 10 year old child. This little boy should never, never have experienced this type of fear. He was in his own home.

I feel a little better now that I put my feelings into words, however I still cry over people I have never met.

Blessings.

This is very good food for thought Paulas88. We have been focussed on the $40K, but I am inclined to wonder also what else they could have wanted/expected, perhaps not for themselves but for someone else? Especially since it definitely appears to have involved more than DW, AND I am doubtful it would be easy to round-up more than one cohort that would be willing to participate in a crime like this just for revenge or sadism or a cut of $40K. And it is possible DW was NOT the ringleader. He is the one who was CAUGHT based on DNA, but there might be a HUGE piece under this iceberg we do not see, which would explain much of what we do not understand here. I know real life is not like movies/TV, but sometimes it is far far stranger than fiction.
Yes I agree with the premise this was not about just $40K. There has been a lot of discussion so far on
  • Was it for cars
  • was it for money already in the home
  • was it for jewelry, art, collections etc
  • was it for another revenge motive

[video=youtube;CXmjPY6XNcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXmjPY6XNcQ[/video]

I totally agree. We live in a "if there's not a pic, it didn't happen" culture! I think what made that pic significant, according to what we already know from the LE doc was that only half of the money was visible in the bag (implying IMO that the money might have been divided) and that the paper wrap on one of the bundles was not visible (implying IMO that someone might have removed it). Also, the pic showed the money in the much-discussed red-lined bag, which, as we know, when shown to JW, caused him to have to change his story about how the money was handed off to incorporate the red bag.

I think those things IMO were the only things suspicious about that pic. The fact that he sent a pic of cash to his gf seems harmless and normal for a young guy livin' large in his job.

IDK. Is 28 years old really "young"? Shouldn't there be some maturity at that point? Was he also going to put the picture of the money on his facebook like he posted the car pictures? One of my first jobs was bank teller and it was drilled into the trainees that we needed to be discrete in the utmost way as far as customers and their business there. I think it's very disrespectful to be passing photos around of SS assets. Maybe, as you say, not suspicious but certainly in poor taste. Many home invasions take place as a result of rumors, exaggerations and loose lips. I have no way of knowing right now if that caused this horrible crime but JW actions showed a pattern and eventually I believe it would have landed him or the S family in hot water. I feel like I would have found a retired police officer for this sort of job. IMO.

IDK. Is 28 years old really "young"? Shouldn't there be some maturity at that point? Was he also going to put the picture of the money on his facebook like he posted the car pictures? One of my first jobs was bank teller and it was drilled into the trainees that we needed to be discrete in the utmost way as far as customers and their business there. I think it's very disrespectful to be passing photos around of SS assets. Maybe, as you say, not suspicious but certainly in poor taste. Many home invasions take place as a result of rumors, exaggerations and loose lips. I have no way of knowing right now if that caused this horrible crime but JW actions showed a pattern and eventually I believe it would have landed him or the S family in hot water. I feel like I would have found a retired police officer for this sort of job. IMO.

What sort of job, deliver ransom money? I can't see a retired LEO wanting to do errands and drive someone around. jmo

What sort of job, deliver ransom money?

NO. The job of driver/errand person/whatever it was that JW did for SS. I'm only saying that if I had enough money to hire for a position like that, I'd feel a lot more at ease with a retired police officer handling these things instead of someone who portrays as immature.

Very troubling to me at least that there is no mention of VF 's husband trying to find his wife after he said he got a call from SS explaining that she a nd his wife were at a hospital. Which hospital? Why were they there? Obvious questions he would have asked. No mention of it all. Strange.

NO. The job of driver/errand person/whatever it was that JW did for SS. I'm only saying that if I had enough money to hire for a position like that, I'd feel a lot more at ease with a retired police officer handling these things instead of someone who portrays as immature.

I think, idk, that he created that position for him.

Respectfully SNM

Just jumping off your post because it made me think of something else. I couldn't find what time Ms VF's husband was there that morning. He had worked an overnight shift, returned home and found his wife still not home that morning. So he went over in person to check on her. The perp/s may start getting nervous at this time because the day was starting to have outside activity. They would not know what Ms VF's husband would do next, or how long he would wait to hear from his wife.

I'll put my theory out here, it is not fact, simply my own, personal theory.

I feel the event started prior to 3 PM, the time Ms VF's shift was to end.

The house at this time may have been search, robbed, or whatever the purpose of the invasion was, and those in the home were controlled.

Then, Mr SS was needed. He was called home.

Whatever the reason Mr SS was called home for was underway, however at this point I agree with others that Mr SS believed he could negotiate with the perp/s so save his family. This would account for the overnight stay. Removing items from the house at night, in addition to the promise of money the next morning. It would also explain the call to JW on Wednesday to be available the next morning for a delivery.

It is possible Mr SS did not want to send out warnings to anyone outside the home, Mr SS could have wanted to keep the perp/s calm and assured. He was doing the best he could to produce a safe outcome. Material things meant nothing to him at the time, family safety was first.

Once the perp/s received all they could, there was no more negotiating. They knew they couldn't go on much longer with Ms VF's husband looking for her, the day would be a busy day for this family and more activity was expected in the family's daily routine.

It is my sincere hope that this family and Ms VF had hope or assurance they would be not harmed if all goes well. It is my sincere hope that no one was tortured throughout the ordeal.

I believe DW was directly involved in the murders, the blood on his shoes/boots. Several reasons for the savage of his actions could be he expected more than 40k, he had extreme hatred for this family or was involved with others that had extreme hatred. (jealousy) Mr SS could have broken from his restraint, thus the reason for the bat. Those held hostage could have become hysterical and vocal out of panic. The two ladies were silenced quickly. House set afire to destroy evidence.

I'm thinking Mr SS was hit with the bat because he was carrying out an order for the perp/s and in doing so was taken by surprise. Or he did break from his restraint and was caught quickly.

Sadly Mr SS did not have a chance to fight off the perp/s or DW would not be looking or walking as good as he does. IMO

Before I go to sleep at night, and when I wake in the am my first thoughts are to please capture all involved with this horrific crime. Beautiful people gone to soon, suffered beyond comprehension and a 10 year old child. This little boy should never, never have experienced this type of fear. He was in his own home.

I feel a little better now that I put my feelings into words, however I still cry over people I have never met.

Blessings.

I think this a very reasonable theory. It all makes sense. It's sad to think of the "what ifs," but according to the timeline of the call made to VF's husband while he was at the house and the timeframe in which JW picked up the money and headed to the house to drop off, the two men would have likely been at the house at around the same time. But due to JW's delay (Starbucks, or maybe he saw VF's husband and hung back, seeing that he was dropping off so much cash in a car, he wouldn't want to draw attention to that!) JW must have arrived just after VF's husband left.

Imagine if VF's husband was there, very concerned about where his wife was, thinking that someone was inside, then JW showed up. VF's husband would have expressed his concerns. JW would instantly put two and two together and realize the odd money drop was not biz as usual. Together, they likely would have cracked open the situation and called the police.

If only JW would have arrived a few minutes sooner and the two men had crossed paths. Beyond tragic.

I don't understand why he wasn't deported a long time ago.
He cut this one guy in two separate incidents, then he cut somebody else.
Why didn't that flag him for deportation?
They flagged him now. What good does it do? If he is convicted, seems very unlikely he will get out.

It really makes me mad as he**!!! How did this clown avoid being deported? I am hoping when this thing goes to trial that one of the focuses in the media will be "why was he not deported a long time ago." It truly sickens me.

Here is a link to a site describing the offenses which may lead to deportation.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/deportation-removal/felony-convictions-and-immigration-status.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1