DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting. So he does not try to find out which hospital his wife is at or why because he is reassured by SS ? Thanks for clearing that up.
Exactly! I imagine to Mr. F, he is hearing that his wife is fine from the "Horse's Mouth." We all know what's going on behind the "Mansion Walls," but what is Mr. F. seeing? NO WAY he, any more than any of the others who talked with Mr. S, strolled by the house, cut the lawn, even his own SISTER, unless paranoid, imagine Mr. S is talking with a knife to his throat. WE know the truth and WE keep saying unimaginable, unspeakable, incredible, how could this have happened?

It's a fact of the technology. A voice, a picture, a text, a post "tricks" us into thinking we are getting the whole truth because we have some representation of it. In this case, he is actually hearing Mr. S's calm, apologetic, truthful sounding voice--he has probably heard that voice before.
That voice causes him to imagine busy Mr. S inside his spacious and SAFE quarters, and his wife SAFE at the hospital. Which one? Is it his business to ask Mr. S. which hospital Mrs. S is at or what is wrong with her? Does he want to make Mr. S. think he will storm the hospital like some madman and make his wife come home when she's at work?
He sees no broken glass, hears no screams, finds no blood on the front door knob, nothing, nothing out of the usual.
He's have to have an overactive imagination, a reason to mistrust Mr. S (when no one else does), or be in the grip of some compulsion about his wife to pursue her whereabouts any further or start asking a million questions like Mr. S. should be on the hot seat
The reassuring and professional voice on the cellphone caused him to construct the circumstances and setting around the voice. The voice was normal, so in Mr. F's mind the circumstances and setting were. He could not see what was not visible.
Neither could the rest of the world that went about its business a few feet away. all that time, day, night, and day again.
It was Mr. S's voice that created the semblance of order, safety, business as usual.
Only belching smoke and leaping flames destroyed the illusion.

Very interesting. So he does not try to find out which hospital his wife is at or why because he is reassured by SS ? Thanks for clearing that up.

I don't know if maybe you are confused...but he was told his wife went to the hospital with Amy, because AMY was sick. Not his wife. I am really not sure why he would need to know what hospital his wife's employer was at?? He was confused by it because his wife doesn't drive...but he wasn't suspicious because it wasn't his wife in the hospital.

This article explores the possibility that Wint could have posed a threat to the Savopoulos's for many years. I do not subscribe to or challenge this perspective, but thought it one worth sharing. I have made clear my own feelings about expecting individuals to have prevented or stopped the crime. However, if it turns out that Wint was motivated in part by a long-standing workplace grudge, then an analysis of security arrangements and preventative measures to address such a threat might be in order for similar situations in the future. At this point, we can not know if Wint's involvement, in fact, offers the case the article makes:

https://www.stratfor.com/weekly/savopoulos-case-study-protective-intelligence

Regardless, facts about Wint's arrest near AIW in 2010, speculation as to the implications of his behavior then, and information the article presents about workplace-related threats provide an additional perspective on the case, which may or may not apply to its facts once we learn more.

snipped for space only

This brother is quite a bit taller than DW - 7" plus an extra 50 lbs.

That arrest pic of DW doesn't show his dreads. Not saying they're not there, only that he could have been the groomed guy driving the P.

Yes, it looks like he got short hair in his arrest photo. He could very well use it as a disguise. Pull his dreads back, it looks like he has short hair, while police are looking for someone with dreads.

I have wondered if the reason SS did not seem out of sorts, in some of his messages and conversations, was because at first he may have been trying to negotiate with the unwelcome guest, even listening to and trying to manage the complaints/demands, and perhaps initially it did not seem as threatening or violent. Perhaps something went exponentially wrong after the expected money drop. And, until that time, SS thought the situation was manageable.

Last case in MD:
He filed charges against a female whose name is almost exactly the same (Off by one letter-looks like an obvious typo) as the name of the company contact at Metal Fab (ulous):
Case Information
Court System: DISTRICT COURT FOR PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY - CRIMINAL SYSTEM
Case Number: 6E00463028Tracking No:111001326925
Case Type: CRIMINAL
District Code: 05Location Code:02
Document Type: WARRANTIssued Date:07/07/2011
Case Status: CLOSEDCase Disposition:TRIAL
Defendant Information
Defendant Name: JESSIE, MELISSA
Race: WHITE, CAUCASIAN, ASIATIC INDIAN, ARAB
Sex: FHeight:506Weight:225DOB:
Address: DEF APPROX 47 YEARS OLD
UNKNOWN
City: UNKNOWNState:XXZip Code:00000 - 0000
Charge and Disposition Information
(Each Charge is listed separately. The disposition is listed below the Charge)
Charge No: 001Description:ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE
Statute: CR.3.203Description:ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE
Amended Date: CJIS Code:1 1415MO/PL L:probable Cause:X
Incident Date From: 07/06/2011 To: 07/06/2011 Victim Age:
Disposition
Plea: OTHER PLEA
Disposition: NOLLE PROSEQUIDisposition Date:07/26/2011
Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
Amt Suspended: Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
PBJ EndDate: Probation End Date:Restitution Amount:$0.00
Jail Term: Yrs: Mos:
Days:
Suspended Term: Yrs: Mos:
Days:
Credit Time Served:
Related Person Information
(Each Person related to the case other than the Defendant is shown)
Name:WINT, DARON
Connection:COMPLAINANT
Event History Information
Event Date Comment
WARI 07/07/2011 110707;ZP 16 ;2;ARR; D11021643-3
WARR 07/21/2011 110721;D11021643-3; SAO FILED LINE TO NP

This is an electronic case record. Full case information cannot be made available either because of legal restrictions on access to case records found in Maryland rules 16-1001 through 16-1011, or because of the practical difficulties inherent in reducing a case record into an electronic format.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...l.jis?caseId=6E00463028&loc=20&detailLoc=DSCR

As I remember reading about this case, 5'6, 225 pound Melissa Jessie whacked him a good one. Tough guy Daron fled and called police. He couldn't face up to someone bold enough to take him on.

Guys... Did you take a look at the search warrant return that facundo posted? It had been a while since I looked at it. Does it look to anyone else like the Mosler registration expires in 2015, not 2013? It looks to me like someone wrote '2014' and then corrected the '4' with a '5' (or perhaps vice versa). That surprises me because three of us looked up the vin number and found that the last registration was in 2011. Since we know it had an emissions test in January, does that mean that the registration expired in November 2014 and SS was a little late in getting it re-registered?

In the process of re-looking up their 'sabbatical' year, I found another business of SS's - http://american-management-solution...s/c/3279944-american-management-solutions-llc

Absolutely it looks like expiration date was changed from 14 to 15.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to look at Oswego, NY as well

I looked at those a while back. I have family in the area.

There's some interesting stuff in those 39 listings IMO...just follow the electronic trail. Data mining is very informative. Can't discuss here.

Yeah, DW had said before to (I believe) his old girlfriend that he isn't afraid of police. He was also shocked when he was arrested for murdering SS. He seemed to think he was above the law, and if hold no value for human life, that likely includes his own. He very well might have killed whoever he could before being taken down by LE. But maybe he wouldn't be able to get to all the victims. And maybe his accomplices would not be as ready to kill with LE there. One or more victims might have been spared.

Or maybe not. But it seems that LE intervention might have been their only chance. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wondering........do twins share the same DNA? I know DW is not a twin, but do siblings???

This has been discussed previously if you want to search the previous threads.

I remember reading they were outside when the fire broke out. I've never read they were tied up outside. Even if they were though, I don't think anyone would have seen or noticed, you know?

Just wondering........do twins share the same DNA? I know DW is not a twin, but do siblings???

IIRC, identical twins have the same DNA, but different finger prints.

I have wondered if the reason SS did not seem out of sorts, in some of his messages and conversations, was because at first he may have been trying to negotiate with the unwelcome guest, even listen to and manage the complaints/demands, and perhaps initially it did not seem as threatening or violent. Perhaps something went exponentially wrong after the expected money drop. And, until that time, SS thought the situation was manageable.

I was thinking the same thing. As a CEO, SS is probably used to having to be a diplomat to all kinds of personalities in his business ventures. It is likely that he sized up these people--seemingly not the brightest minds in criminal history--and was to some extent successfully managing them, like you said. He HAD to keep working with the attitude that he could solve this. And god knows he desperately wanted to. He was pulling out all the stops.

And maybe DW & Co played nice at first, not windmilling knives, but instead acting like they were on his side and didn't want anyone to be harmed, as long as he could get them what they wanted. (Unfortunately, SS probably didn't know any of their criminal histories, so might have underestimated DW's bloodlust and just assumed the situation was money-motivated.) And, there is the chance (seems like a remote chance, from what we know now) that DW & Co actually did have a loose plan to flee at some point with material items and money, without harming the family too much.

Then, something happened. In the Petit murders, it seems that the criminals actually planned on leaving the family alive, but one guy lost it and raped one of the girls, so they spontaneously decided everyone must die. Something could have gone awry after 18 hours of a hostage situation. (Like, some people have speculated, perhaps SS got himself free and tried to attack someone.) Or, maybe DW was livid that the whole ordeal only gave him $40k, or whatever portion he, himself, got out of that "windfall."

Or, maybe, if there was a "mastermind" behind this ransom situation beyond DW, maybe somehow that person's involvement became exposed to SS...

I don't know if maybe you are confused...but he was told his wife went to the hospital with Amy, because AMY was sick. Not his wife. I am really not sure why he would need to know what hospital his wife's employer was at?? He was confused by it because his wife doesn't drive...but he wasn't suspicious because it wasn't his wife in the hospital.

Exactly. His intuition was talking to him! Hmmm, my wife doesn't drive and she speaks poor English. Why would "my" wife be the one to go the hospital......for what purpose??? He sooooo thought it. Bless his heart. [emoji25]

With all due respect, I'm hoping you can help me understand the environment here better. Since you seem to know the ropes better than most of us here, would you be willing to give us a list of what we are allowed to discuss in this forum? It seems like some rules are only emphasized with certain posters and certain individuals caught (possibly through coincidence, possibly not) in the gravitational force of this crime. I'm heart-broken for the victims and their families and eager to try to deconstruct the crime and the events leading to it. If someone is called/texted numerous times from the crime site and gives conflicting stories about the days leading up to/following the crime, that person is very interesting to me. He/she may be completely uninvolved, but I'd be surprised if LE didn't make an effort to rule him/her out by asking lots of questions and verifying the answers.

We have one person in custody, charged with murder and another person who LE says lied to them. Other than that, is everyone else off-limits? Should we assume that if someone was released by LE after being found with him in the convoy on RI Ave, they are not POIs and are off-limits? The vacuum cleaner sales person is not listed as a suspect in SWs - off-limits for discussion? I feel like the mods have a difficult job, but it possibly is more nuanced than the stated rules. Otherwise, they would have struck at least half the posts on these threads! It's good that we can self-moderate, but if it impedes respectful discussion, it makes the forum much less useful and interesting to all of us. There's always the "IGNORE" button if we just don't want to hear what someone has to say.
The sales person has no name. Those arrested with Wint have not been named. I expressed my own strong feeling as well as my own interpretation of the last time a Mod posted about this issue. I feel several posts since that last advisory have not followed it, but perhaps the Mods want to make an exception for NG, though she did not lie TO LE and is not listed on CD or SW.
As well, unlike the anonymous salesperson and those arrested with Wint, she has lost a family she worked for for 20 years, as well as an employee and friend, Mrs. F., in the most horrible of ways.

I was thinking the same thing. As a CEO, SS is probably used to having to be a diplomat to all kinds of personalities in his business ventures. It is likely that he sized up these people--seemingly not the brightest minds in criminal history--and was to some extent successfully managing them, like you said. He HAD to keep working with the attitude that he could solve this. And god knows he desperately wanted to. He was pulling out all the stops.

And maybe DW & Co played nice at first, not windmilling knives, but instead acting like they were on his side and didn't want anyone to be harmed, as long as he could get them what they wanted. (Unfortunately, SS probably didn't know any of their criminal histories, so might have underestimated DW's bloodlust and just assumed the situation was money-motivated.) And, there is the chance (seems like a remote chance, from what we know now) that DW & Co actually did have a loose plan to flee at some point with material items and money, without harming the family too much.

Then, something happened. In the Petit murders, it seems that the criminals actually planned on leaving the family alive, but one guy lost it and raped one of the girls, so they spontaneously decided everyone must die. Something could have gone awry after 18 hours of a hostage situation. (Like, some people have speculated, perhaps SS got himself free and tried to attack someone.) Or, maybe DW was livid that the whole ordeal only gave him $40k, or whatever portion he, himself, got out of that "windfall."

Or, maybe, if there was a "mastermind" behind this ransom situation beyond DW, maybe somehow that person's involvement became exposed to SS...

I'm not sure SS would recognize DW with all the different businesses he owned and many employees working offsite. Maybe JW took half and maybe that wasn't what they agreed to so DW or his accomplice was upset about that. Perhaps SS overheard DW talking to or about JW and realized JW was involved and then they felt they had to kill him.

<modsnip>

This poor man was working the night shift while worrying about where his beloved wife was because she didn't come home from work when she was supposed to. He went directly after his shift to her place of employment to find out what was going on.

She works for a very nice family and has probably made that clear to her husband.

Mr. S told this concerned man that everything was okay. That there had been an emergency (a fluke) and that's why his wife had not come home. That she was being a good person and helping AS at the hospital. He might have indeed asked SS, "What hospital?" We don't know what his response was. He DID feel unsettled.

But he would have no reason to believe that SS didn't have his wife's best interest at heart. Why wouldn't he trust this guy?

Just because this guy doesn't have game show focus in that he can identify a hostage situation in 15 seconds on the hot seat does not mean that he is not a good, loving husband and father. And it does not mean that he is stupid.

Given a few hours, he might have gotten a plan together if he hadn't heard from his wife or been able to figure out the hospital, etc., but he didn't have that luxury because the house went up in flames in a few hours.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member