DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
White, Caucasian, Asiatic Indian, Arab, is a category police can click on to describe someone's race. It doesn't mean anything in particular. Probably just means somebody looks like they could be white to them.
The officers arrested in Freddie Gray case were described in the same way.
"BALTIMORE (AP) -- Online court records list the race of three of the officers charged in the Freddie Gray case as black and list the three others in the broad category of "white, Caucasian, Asiatic Indian, Arab" without specifying."
http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1199198#.VX7Qa88w_cs

Thanks for the link. I find it very odd for the police to categorize it that way. I don't see anything about the light skinned police officers' appearance that would prompt anyone to include Asiatic Indian/Arab as a descriptor. Presumably any descriptive info in an arrest document or such would/could be used in the future to assist in identification of a suspect or in a search for a fugitive. Maybe it is a strange thing they do in Maryland for some odd reason. Might look into this more.

A similar quote was in a Washington Post article from 5/18, "The family is now waiting for the Salvadoran Consulate in Washington to arrange for Figueroa’s body to be flown back to her country, a process that could take up to 15 days.": http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...205826-fd84-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html.

I don't know if working with the consulate means that the consulate was picking up the tab, or if it takes time to get the necessary permits to fly a body into the country.

I had a family member that tragically passed away overseas and it took 14 days to fly the body back to the States. Autopsy had to to be conducted, paperwork, etc. US Embassy was very helpful though through the process and made the arrangements for body to be flown back and brought to funeral home.

I know we are not sure at what point the broken glass/boot print happened, but if LE had thoroughly checked the property, they'd have seen that if it had been there at that time. Probable cause to go in at that point?

I don't think I have read in MSM or the reports that there was broken glass, just that there was a boot print. Do you have a link?

:D

It's SO hard to read some of the handwriting, but I think on the 6th line down it says "fire _______, safes, all electrical devices..." Deciphering some of these is a puzzle in itself.

What is the second word after 'fire' ? Does anybody know?

Pretty sure the word after fire is "debris"

Thanks for the link. I find it very odd for the police to categorize it that way. I don't see anything about the light skinned police officers' appearance that would prompt anyone to include Asiatic Indian/Arab as a descriptor. Presumably any descriptive info in an arrest document or such would/could be used in the future to assist in identification of a suspect or in a search for a fugitive. Maybe it is a strange thing they do in Maryland for some odd reason. Might look into this more.

They have one category for White/Caucasian/ Asiatic Indian/Arab. It doesn't mean the person is a mix of these ethnicities.

This convenience to arrest documents does wonders to crime statistics maintained in state and local data bases.:tantrum:

(This is my first post). One thing that I keep coming back to is that Amerit fleet truck they found DW & Co. with. Those trucks are commonly found at race tracks. Is that just another coincidence that JW had just worked at a racetrack and DW was found with that truck?

Since there aren't Mosler service centers, would the Amerit folks be competent enough to service such a vehicle? Was this where DW's brother had been working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.goccp.maryland.gov/msac/documents/TSDReport2009.pdf

On page 3:

To paraphrase: (won't let me copy and paste)
Ethnicity is coded into 5 categories:Caucasian, African-American, Hispanic, Asian and Other.
Caucasian is all-encompassing to include:White, Caucasian, Asiatic Islander and Arab.

This was done a long time ago for purposes of study about profiling. There is much debate among different ethnic groups about this method of categorization. It doesn't seem like a very useful method for LE. IMO.

They have one category for White/Caucasian/ Asiatic Indian/Arab. It doesn't mean the person is a mix of these ethnicities.

That is what is strange to me. The 3 officers categorized as such do not resemble any category except white/Caucasian. But that's how Maryland does it.

sbm bbm

Could 'red lined bag' really be a bag w red stripes (and another color of stripes?)

Sometimes LEOs' descriptions seem stilted. Say, an officer describing a suspect who fled the scene - as [ht, wt, race, and] wearing pants, blue in color, and cardigan sweater, red in color. Okay, unlikely that red lined bag is red striped bag. Still open to possibility, but not sold on idea, that red lined bag is tied to race-car-related merchandise or promo item.
JM2cts, could be all wrong. Wish we cold see that pic.

I just assumed they said "red lined" because they could only see the interior of the bag in the money shot and it had red lining--hence, it was red lined. IDK.

facundo said:
This convenience to arrest documents does wonders to crime statistics maintained in state and local data bases.:tantrum:

IKWYM. I've been reading and coming to the same conclusion.

(This is my first post). One thing that I keep coming back to is that Amerit fleet truck they found DW & Co. with. Those trucks are commonly found at race tracks. Is that just another coincidence that JW had just worked at a racetrack and DW was found with that truck?

I am not seeing where Amerit is common among the racing community. Can you share links?

Since there aren't Mosler service centers, would the Amerit folks be competent enough to service such a vehicle? Was this where DW's brother had been working?

I thought Amerit gave a statement saying that no one in that truck was an Amerit employee? Am I remembering correctly?

I thought Amerit gave a statement saying that no one in that truck was an Amerit employee? Am I remembering correctly?

From Washington Post -http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-search-vehicles-used-by-suspect-others-after-savopoulos-killings/2015/06/05/befd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works.

Snipped and BBM:

Okay, the bolded ethnic description set off a bell with me. I recall reading that JW's ethnic background was described exactly the same way. It strikes me as somewhat unusual for that description to pop up twice in the same case. Of course, may be purely coincidence. Sorry, don't have a link about the JW description but will look. So right now, going off memory.

Good eye! This is the gal who popped DW in the face? :D I think just coincidence because if there was any connection between JW and this lady, it would make JW more of a target for DW to set up rather than to collaborate with in this.

It never occurred to me that an arrestee who would lie about his height and weight wouldn't lie about his race! Again, good eye!

I'm anal, if I was identifying a bad guy for future LE to help identify a , I'd circle what I needed. I don't know if that's what they're supposed to do, but the way it looks like it may have been written that way on the form to conserve space? Otherwise, it's useless to help in visual identification to lump those together as one.

The sales person has no name. Those arrested with Wint have not been named. I expressed my own strong feeling as well as my own interpretation of the last time a Mod posted about this issue. I feel several posts since that last advisory have not followed it, but perhaps the Mods want to make an exception for NG, though she did not lie TO LE and is not listed on CD or SW.
As well, unlike the anonymous salesperson and those arrested with Wint, she has lost a family she worked for for 20 years, as well as an employee and friend, Mrs. F., in the most horrible of ways.

Maybe the fact that she has made numerous statements to MSM makes her okay to discuss? The fact that LE stated there are others involved and they believe this was "an inside job" makes people who were in close contact with the family interesting to us. I hope that people close to the family and Mrs. F would not lurk in this forum. It would be painful to see all the theories put forward as we try to figure out what happened.

I'm also on a scuba diving forum. A woman disappeared on a dive in Mexico. I was diving in the same area on the same day, and the conditions were NOT appropriate for novice divers. We, the diving community, were deconstructing the events leading up to her disappearance, as this is a way to learn from others' mistakes. (The woman was off a cruise ship, on one of her first OW dives and her husband/diving buddy left her in distress to "tell the dive master" - big no-no.) The child/stepchild of the husband/wife found her way to the forum and was defending the dad's actions, even though she was thousands of miles away at the time. We were all so sad for the child, but the thread was a place for divers to share information, to try understand what went wrong and avoid repeating it.

IMO, none of us wants to vilify any of the individuals associated with this case, but given what LE has stated, it seems like somebody who lost a family member, friend, fellow-employee, employer, former employer, etc., is probably involved. That could turn out not to be the case, just as the person named by LE as lying to them could be a red herring. I believe LE has someone(s) else in their sites, patiently gathering information before they name them a suspect and are forced to treat them differently in interrogations, etc. We have NO IDEA what SWs are still under seal or what evidence LE has accrued. I imagine the SWs that are leading somewhere are the very ones they would keep secret to avoid damaging the case they are carefully constructing. (That's the only thing that makes me think JW isn't involved, although when I read about the Mosler registration, I felt a THUMP in my belly - gut instinct?)

Lastly, I think it is condescending to discount the information an individual has provided to MSM, just because he/she was not born in this country. NG has lived here longer than DW and is by all accounts a successful, sophisticated business woman. She knew how to set up a crowd funding campaign, for instance. That's not something everyone knows how to do. Having accented english is not an indicator of lower intelligence. Yes, we can all make mistakes when not speaking in our native tongue, but grammatical errors should not be confused with giving different answers to the same questions. Since NG has chosen to speak to 20/20 and PEOPLE magazine, in addition to the local news immediately following the tragedy (when the fog of shock would make honest mistakes more likely), I think her statements ought to be open for interpretation and discussion.

If we're really trying to figure out what happened, we need to be able to consider all the possibilities. Otherwise we risk getting tunnel vision, only retaining information that supports our theories and discounting that which doesn't. That is a good way to railroad a suspect/POI and miss the true perpetrator(s). We don't value that behavior in real detectives and I don't think it's a good trait for us amateur sleuths, either.

I just assumed they said "red lined" because they could only see the interior of the bag in the money shot and it had red lining--hence, it was red lined. IDK.

The blind men and the elephant! Eats, Shoots and Leaves!

Oh, my gosh! LOL, I think maybe most of us did, too. I lovelovelove it when someone shows me a perfectly reasonable explanation for their interpretation of a simple fact! Whee!

"A red lined bag" depending on how it's written could be:

A bag with red lines.
A bag that has a red lining, outer color unknown.
A bag designed and sold by a brand called Redline.

There could be more... :)

How can people not get excited about seeing something from a new perspective? Am I just a nerd for appreciating a different point of view?

Welcome.

:welcome:

And I agree 100%!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads