DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you come across any info that came out early on in this case that is of interest/hasn't been discussed here yet? I keep coming back here hoping there is something new but that something "new" doesn't necessarily have to be newly released, it could just be 'new' to me/to this discussion! TIA

Well, for example, Facundo just posted on the previous page... "DC Police Chief Cathy Lanier... "connection to the family through the business."
http://www.breakingnews.com/item/201...t-is-believed/"

Now, that is interesting. I had forgotten that. Through the business. It could be the mundane obvious connection, DW insanely and irrationally angry over being fired many years ago, or maybe there was someone else at the business who also knew DW "through the business" and thought DW would be the perfect violent psychopath to engage for some murder and mayhem. Maybe "through the business" means something else entirely, like, it was a customer or a competitor. One could go through all of Porter's Five Forces and come up with all sorts of angles to sleuth.

Another interesting fact that came out was found by, I think, Just K and Bondgirl by looking through DW's criminal records. His place of employment was listed in the application for a restraining order. That place was more recent and was affiliated with AIW. So, perhaps DW has worked there more recently than 10 years ago. I find that very interesting since I am having trouble imagining maintaining hatred so intense that you'd risk going to prison for the rest of your life over a firing ten years previously. Also, I'd be interested in understanding that business, and who worked there, competed with it, and so-forth, and the terms of his separation from it, a lot better.

I am odd. I do want to tell others. And I CAN! And so can you and every one else. Only those who are MODS tho can actually moderate the discussion, set the boundaries, delete posts, warn posters, and finally, kick members the heck out! I'm weird, but I know my place.
There is only one suspect, legally, in this case.

I have never claimed that those who want to pose or explore questions about the Savopoulos's surviving house cleaner are unfairly naming her a suspect in the legal sense.
A story to think on: Two monks, one the veteran monk and one the novice, are crossing a river when they see a woman in distress also trying to get across. Novice monk says "too bad we can't help her. But our vows do not allow us to touch women." Veteran monk says "Cmon, help me carry her." They rescue her and set her down gently on the river bank, no worse for wear. A mile later into their trek, novice monk says, "Oh how could we so violate our vows?!" Veteran monk says, "I carried the lady for two minutes and set her down an hour ago. You, you keep carrying her!"
I stopped arguing this issue with my last post.
I don't think "you" are odd at all. I wouldn't exactly call you common though either. You put a lot of thought and efforts into your posts!

Has anyone been following the niece's tweets? She released details that had not been released by LE or news outlets in the comment section right after the murders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I interpret this as you saying you're bored with the discussion so far and therefore want to expand it by discussing NG as a suspect. I previously criticized NG for speaking with the press so much. I do not want that to be interpreted as thinking she is involved. I have seen absolutely no indication that she is involved, or that LE thinks she is involved, and I think you do her a real disservice to create that impression.
If this is addressed to ME, then you have misunderstood. I in no way want to add to any impression, much less plant the seeds of one, that the Savopoulo's surviving house cleaner of 20 years is involved in a crime. I have raised NO questions about her interactions with the press. I interpreted the last instructions via MOD to mean she, among others, would be excluded from challenges to her credibility which might imply complicity whether these were theoretical or factual as she, unlike JW (whom MOD specifically mentioned), had not lied to LE (in so far as we, the public, know).
It became obvious to me that I was a) beating a dead horse b) not in accord with the general will of WS members c) appearing to censor and inhibit the discussion when that is not my role d) misapplying and misinterpreting the MOD's ruling
In replying to rkf's post, I simply meant to say, good case for your point of view and I now desist in my harping against fellow sleuths who have issues with NG and may want to pose hypotheticals about her. In doing so, I neither meant to do a disservice to NG (just the opposite) or accuse my fellows of making accusations against her they have not made!

Once again, I rest my case.

At the risk of offending lawyers everywhere I am going to share a few facts about the man who would be Daron Wint's lawyer, Robin Flicker.
He went to West Point and also attended the university of penn. law school, one of the most exclusive private law schools in the nation. He has a bs in many things including one for electrical and mechanical engineering from Case institute of Tech.(private univ.)
His first case went all the way to the supremes!
He is a wealthy real estate broker.
He has been disbarred a few times.
Elected to house of reps in 1979 to Marylands 8th district home of Montgomery county.
Really, really wants to be DW's lawyer!
I don't think he is a suspect, but I do wonder why such a prominent person such as mr. Flick is involved.

BBM

Because he's also somewhat of a whack-job:

"An attorney by trade, Ficker's best known away from basketball for his similarly publicity-grabbing defenses of young schoolkids over-punished for dumb crap like pointing finger-guns at people. (Remember the 7-year-old kid who got in trouble for biting his Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun? Ficker's defending that kid.) In his spare time, he's a habitual novelty candidate for political offices, a compulsive promoter of ballot initiatives of various Libertarian-y bents—and, for many years, a notoriously irritating heckler of visiting stars at Washington Bullets games. When the newly-christened Wizards moved to what was then called the MCI Center, though, and his seats got moved well away from the court, Ficker stormed off in a huff."

http://deadspin.com/legendary-heckler-robin-ficker-returned-to-the-nba-last-1575108194

And he's been suspended from practicing law several times for good reason:

"In 1990, Ficker was publicly reprimanded by the Maryland Court of Appeals upon a finding that he had violated ethical rules prohibiting neglect, engaged in conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice, and lack of diligence. In March, 1998, he was indefinitely suspended from the practice of law, with the right to reapply for admission after 120 days, arising from violations related to competence, diligence, fairness to opposing counsel and parties, supervising lawyers and conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice. In August, 1998, he was privately reprimanded by the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission for a violation related to competence. In January, 2002, he was privately reprimanded by the Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission for a violation related to client communications. Ficker was again indefinitely suspended from the practice of law in 2007. A dissenting judge in the latest suspension commented, "If disbarment is not warranted in this case for these types of issues, with a respondent with this history, it will never be warranted." Ficker's law license was reinstated on December 8, 2008. Ficker became a real estate broker with his own company, Robin Realty, in 2008."

http://election.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1014&pid=1100802

MOO

New entry in DW's docket

06/15/2015 Event Scheduled Event Scheduled
Event: Ascertainment of Counsel
Date: 06/16/2015 Time: 10:45 am
Judge: REID WINSTON, RHONDA Location: Courtroom 316

Attorneys of record
AGO, ARTHUR
LAWSON, NATALIE

Ohh that's tomorrow, Ehh what's up doc?

Have you come across any info that came out early on in this case that is of interest/hasn't been discussed here yet? I keep coming back here hoping there is something new but that something "new" doesn't necessarily have to be newly released, it could just be 'new' to me/to this discussion! TIA
I'm thinking I couldn't go wrong sleuthing a truck. I don't think we have totally exhausted the possibilities there. I am sure by this time LE knows how Wint+co. came by it, WHY they employed it if other than just like to cruise in a big ole thang.
I don't know about trucks, cars, race track from space stations, and had never heard of such a vehicle.
A while back, a poster mentioned seeing such a company truck service at race tracks.

So that's one possible avenue we have not thoroughly exhausted.

And I bet others have other suggestions. The news on DW's priors, reviewing the tweet re: Chief Lanier's "connected through the biz.." comment, and the "other" early tweet with details not yet known by LE--that's intriguing and came up before, too, but dunno if kewl to go over as purported relative (as with "voice" alone, we can not know by text alone if people are who they claim to be or if they are even people).

What think any one else? No, I am not bored. I am not mad. What's up with GJ? WHY a GJ in this case? What might we learn from the proceedings?

:loveyou:

I'm thinking I couldn't go wrong sleuthing a truck. I don't think we have totally exhausted the possibilities there. I am sure by this time LE knows how Wint+co. came by it, WHY they employed it if other than just like to cruise in a big ole thang.
I don't know about trucks, cars, race track from space stations, and had never heard of such a vehicle.
A while back, a poster mentioned seeing such a company truck service at race tracks.

And I bet others have other suggestions. The news on DW's priors, reviewing the tweet re: Chief Lanier's "connected through the biz.." comment, and the "other" early tweet with details not yet known by LE--that's intriguing and came up before, too, but dunno if kewl to go over as purported relative (as with "voice" alone, we can not know by text alone if people are who they claim to be or if they are even people).

What think any one else? No, I am not bored. I am not mad. What's up with GJ? WHY a GJ in this case? What might we learn from the proceedings?

I am thinking there might be a GJ because they don't have everything needed to charge some of the others found with DW the night of the arrest. And maybe they want an indictment from the GJ to put them over the hump?

The Amerit truck really is puzzling. How did they come by it and WHY? It sure is not low profile if you are trying to stay under the radar. Maybe they thought it was SOOOOOO obvious that no one would bother looking there.

I have seen those trucks at big companies. My husbands office complex has had those trucks visit and they send emails to the employees saying if they need service on their cars they can have it done while they are at work. It is a nice idea.

I'm thinking the preliminary hearing is next Monday. I got a feeling Ficker has a finger in this new motion but I can't figure Ficker out, yet.

I remember that- and if you look at the truck company's Twitter account - they follow all sorts of racing brands in addition to more industrial brands.

And as a marketing/pr prof, I would tell my clients to follow those on social media you want to do business with or that you already do business with. It seems like they service two verticals (maybe more) but racing was definitely one of them!

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I am thinking there might be a GJ because they don't have everything needed to charge some of the others found with DW the night of the arrest. And maybe they want an indictment from the GJ to put them over the hump?

The Amerit truck really is puzzling. How did they come by it and WHY? It sure is not low profile if you are trying to stay under the radar. Maybe they thought it was SOOOOOO obvious that no one would bother looking there.

I have seen those trucks at big companies. My husbands office complex has had those trucks visit and they send emails to the employees saying if they need service on their cars they can have it done while they are at work. It is a nice idea.
Thanks for input on GJ! Makes sense. I had read on a msg board, not official doc. or news, that a date had been set for GJ for Wint and subpoenas issued to "relatives." An actual date in June was mentioned, but all could be rumor.
So Ameri Fleet Solutions services cars?
I looked into a variety of jobs that Amerit Fleet posts all over. One would have to start at a technician level. Didn't see anything that rang a bell for skills, experience of anyone known to us who has been arrested or is charged or has been at one time a purported focus of LE (according to media). Reaching, but in one position, the person would be accessing vehicle records, entering data manually and by computer. Meaning what? Dunno. I do keep on about cars.
Many Ameri fleet jobs require "own tools." They include diesel techs, garage support, automotive mechanics, trailer techs, at least two years prior exp. So specialized work that would take at least some tech. certification. Of course, other positions that are not trade-related in IT, sales etc.
If GJ, I guess the Amerit Fleet connection will come up. Not a truck, like a u-haul, one rents for the day. Not actually a vehicle to transport whole cars, just parts. Most likely a friend or relative, perhaps completely unwitting, works for the company, was on a call, or under whatever cover, able to take the truck out for a spin. The choice of transport could then be a simple matter of "because it was there," but on the surface suggests the need for a larger conveyance at the risk of LE connecting the fugitive up to it and looking out for it, Amerit reporting it stolen, an Amerit worker getting in trouble at his/her job.
If not used merely to transport M.O.+ cash or "friends" helping DW turn himself in, hah hah, what relationship did it have to the crime itself or future plans?

Yes, IMO it must have to do with the other individual(s) because there is certainly enough for DW!

Regarding the truck... that quote from the Amerit truck spokesperson is a head-scratcher:

"Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

If no employee is a person of interest, the truck wasn't used in criminal activity, and her firm does not do business with AIW, how did it get where it was with Wint's associates and their money orders in the back of it?

I remember that- and if you look at the truck company's Twitter account - they follow all sorts of racing brands in addition to more industrial brands.

And as a marketing/pr prof, I would tell my clients to follow those on social media you want to do business with or that you already do business with. It seems like they service two verticals (maybe more) but racing was definitely one of them!

I just don't see them following NASCAR and Dale Earnhardt Jr. as proof they are involved with racing.

There is nothing related to GoKarting.

Yes, IMO it must have to do with the other individual(s) because there is certainly enough for DW!

Regarding the truck... that quote from the Amerit truck spokesperson is a head-scratcher:

"Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

If no employee is a person of interest, the truck wasn't used in criminal activity, and her firm does not do business with AIW, how did it get where it was with Wint's associates and their money orders in the back of it?

IMO, that means that one of those 5 arrested with DDW that night is an employee but not a POI. But that is just my take on that statement.

Thanks for input on GJ! Makes sense. I had read on a msg board, not official doc. or news, that a date had been set for GJ for Wint and subpoenas issued to "relatives." An actual date in June was mentioned, but all could be rumor.
So Ameri Fleet Solutions services cars?
I looked into a variety of jobs that Amerit Fleet posts all over. One would have to start at a technician level. Didn't see anything that rang a bell for skills, experience of anyone known to us who has been arrested or is charged or has been at one time a purported focus of LE (according to media). Reaching, but in one position, the person would be accessing vehicle records, entering data manually and by computer. Meaning what? Dunno. I do keep on about cars.
Many Ameri fleet jobs require "own tools." They include diesel techs, garage support, automotive mechanics, trailer techs, at least two years prior exp. So specialized work that would take at least some tech. certification. Of course, other positions that are not trade-related in IT, sales etc.
If GJ, I guess the Amerit Fleet connection will come up. Not a truck, like a u-haul, one rents for the day. Not actually a vehicle to transport whole cars, just parts. Most likely a friend or relative, perhaps completely unwitting, works for the company, was on a call, or under whatever cover, able to take the truck out for a spin. The choice of transport could then be a simple matter of "because it was there," but on the surface suggests the need for a larger conveyance at the risk of LE connecting the fugitive up to it and looking out for it, Amerit reporting it stolen, an Amerit worker getting in trouble at his/her job.
If not used merely to transport M.O.+ cash or "friends" helping DW turn himself in, hah hah, what relationship did it have to the crime itself or future plans?

They were hired to service the electric cars used by the corporation, and the company trucks. And I guess someone decided to see if the employees wanted service on their cars as well? I am not sure how many have done so. my husband has never used them.

I just don't see them following NASCAR and Dale Earnhardt Jr. as proof they are involved with racing.

Businesses are very strategic about how they craft their twitter strategy. They don't just follow something that doesn't relate to their business for no reason. JMO.

IMO, that means that one of those 5 arrested with DDW that night is an employee but not a POI. But that is just my take on that statement.

Not involved in a crime?

Not involved in a crime?

Well, since none of them have been arrested...I am assuming they are not involved in the crime. But again, that is just how I am reading that. They didn't say it was stolen, which I would imagine if it was, they certainly would have said so.

Businesses are very strategic about how they craft their twitter strategy. They don't just follow something that doesn't relate to their business for no reason. JMO.

They also follow CNN's The Seventies. And some guy named Cory Hickerson.

NASCAR has mechanics on staff at all times. Why would they need to pay an outside source? NASCAR and Dale Earnhardt Jr. are the only things related to racing.

Definitely not saying it's proof at all. Just elaborating on a detail of the post that I quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member