DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, does anyone think that the boot/shoe print from the door looks small? I'm not good at calculating comparative size (in relation to the doorknob, for example), so maybe it's just the way the photograph was taken. (?)

I thought it looked small, too.

Keefer.

Private lawyers can collect money in different ways from a broke suspect such as casey anthony. It just depends on how much attention the case is going to receive.

It's like a business advertisement thing. They dish out the money and services on a mainstream court case; With the hopes of cashing in on future clients or becoming partners at big firms. Or the paid interviews and or book deals that you may receive.

Jmo.

Not denying any of that is probably true!

Don't know how to reply to two posts, but this also includes the post re: parking truck in driveway. I would have thought that one of his companions would have been arrested that night, either for stealing the truck, or driving it without permission, though perhaps Amerit didn't want to press charges in order to keep what distance they could between the company and the crime. I know some have speculated that there was a second person detained for a longer period of time -- maybe the driver of the truck?

And I also know some say that the truck is irrelevant. But if the truck had nothing to do with what they were doing that night, why on earth did they use it? I mean, if you were trying to keep a low profile, wouldn't you choose something a little more difficult to track? Perhaps they thought a commercial vehicle would provide some cover, but a box truck is awfully big. Didn't they know anyone who drove a van for Sears or Comcast?*

*NB - I am not implying that Sears or Comcast have anything to do with this.

So, you are saying that all the nations best criminal defense attorneys worth their salt will be vying to defend Mr. Wint,is that right? It will be interesting to see who gets This most coveted of jobs, and who pays for it.
Interesting info! My great-aunt married a silent movie script writer. We have only recently found out he was also a D.A. at one time in our city. He ended his one-script wonder career with a public, anti-semetic rant against Hollywood in general, and his employers specifically. He was a whack-job and probably a first-rate intellect.
The two, personal eccentricities and sterling cred in the arts I , law, medicine, etc. often go together.

I think DW is lucky to have this <modsnip> in his corner. I once had lunch with a retired defense lawyer who told me, that among all defendants, any defense lawyer worth her salt would most want to represent the Uni-bomber. Why? Because at the time he was so very unpopular and vilified far and wide. What a test of one's lawyering chops that case would be and it embodied the foundational ideals behind our American system of law: EVERY ONE is innocent until proven guilty. EVERYONE deserves due process, equal to every one else.
Unlike Russian in the old days, we have an adversarial system of justice.
Maybe the <modsnip>is just bringing his inimitable skill-set to this case, same as we are, but from a position on the other side of the aisle.
He thought he was giving therapy to NBA players.
He thinks he is giving good counsel to DW via the press.
I doubt he has anything to lose or win here, just indulging himself as we all are, but on a more spacious platform.
Sometimes the best defense is the most outrageous.
Columbian neckties?
VAST conspiracy to plant "mountains of evidence" in the first half hour of finding a double homicide and succeeding at same?

I think everything is relevant until it's proven not to be. It seems that some people really put a lot of effort trying to refute some obvious assumptions folks make on this forum. They mix in a good dose of hyperbole and some "personal" experience and then tell you to drop it.its amusing.
Don't know how to reply to two posts, but this also includes the post re: parking truck in driveway. I would have thought that one of his companions would have been arrested that night, either for stealing the truck, or driving it without permission, though perhaps Amerit didn't want to press charges in order to keep what distance they could between the company and the crime. I know some have speculated that there was a second person detained for a longer period of time -- maybe the driver of the truck?

And I also know some say that the truck is irrelevant. But if the truck had nothing to do with what they were doing that night, why on earth did they use it? I mean, if you were trying to keep a low profile, wouldn't you choose something a little more difficult to track? Perhaps they thought a commercial vehicle would provide some cover, but a box truck is awfully big. Didn't they know anyone who drove a van for Sears or Comcast?*

*NB - I am not implying that Sears or Comcast have anything to do with this.

IMO, that means that one of those 5 arrested with DDW that night is an employee but not a POI. But that is just my take on that statement.

I was thinking along those lines, too. DW party could have legitimately hired Amerit for a job and since the driver/mech comes with the truck, that's why he was there - all innocent and businesslike. Who knows what reason he was given that they were meeting at a motel parking lot to hookup with a car and then.. go to the job he was hired for?

And then I think about the guys that were in the back of the truck while it was driving down the road - that's not normal I would think. I would even expect it to be against Amerit rules if not law because of potential liability issues.

I also think that if the driver/mech didn't know any of those people, he must be heaving a huge shaky-legged sigh of relief that he never got to the destination with someone who has no problem killing any witness. Maybe DW would have hijacked the truck for it's contents and killed the driver.

Some questions I'm curious about but not holding my breath:
-- Who hired Amerit for this?
-- What was the driver told about the job he was hired for?
-- Was it a legitimate hire through Amerit since they released a statement saying no truck missing, no illegal activity?
-- What was the driver told about the guys and cash in the back of the truck? I mean, that's a tough one to explain to someone who doesn't know you, that my buddies are going to ride in the back of the truck, ok dude?
-- Was driver concerned or curious about the people he was meeting with in a motel parking lot?
-- Did the driver know any of them?

Just to rag on MSM again, I saw an article that reported DW's sedan was following a "box truck filled with cash".

ETA: typo - shaKy legged, (lol not shady legged)

Oh, no! I was referring to my own excitement, lol - laughing at myself is all. Truth be told, because my world revolves all around me, I was excited of being shown another perspective and honesttogosh that cracks me up every time! Less about the red bag per se. It just fascinates me to realize (because I often forget) how our understandings can differ of a simple word, phrase or description can be interpreted.

I'd been having my version of the red bag or red lined bag in my minds eye, then that delightful WSer posted a fresh and different perspective to me. Others may have already thought about that, but I hadn't and it just brightened me up and I wanted to share. Sometimes, we think we're talking about the same thing, but we discover we're not. It was a laugh at myself about how easy it is to misunderstand each other in life and especially in online forums.

Hate to beat a red bag to death, but just using it as an example. We think we know what that might mean, but we won't really know until we see it. It depends on the person who described it to begin with, what they saw it as, or perceived it to be, the way they described it in writing, JW's meaning, LE's interpretation, etc. Then as receiving human beings, we put our own preconceived thoughts and assumptions about what it looks like. I hope I'm describing this okay. :/ I mean that sometimes I never give it a second thought until something opens my eyes. :D

I'm just easily amused and I must disclose to having two cups of coffee and a piece of *sigh* vegan chocolate cake with banana coconut frosting for breakfast right before I posted that. No excuse for this manic post, lol. :blushing:

Bottom line: I no longer have any idea what I think it looks like. I keep seeing red bags everywhere these days. :/

I am a longtime writer (for advertising--TV commercials, radio spots, online content, etc--so in no way a legitimate writer haha!!) so I love the quirks of language and dialogue! This bag is a crazy, elusive bag with a spotty role for sure! :)

Sean R. Hanover, Esquire
Principal Attorney
Attorney Hanover has been associated with law since graduating with double Master Degrees in Human Resources (employment law) and Industrial Relations (union law) from St. Francis University in 1996.

He obtained his juris doctorate from the University of the District of Columbia in 2008 and maintains a vibrant practice focusing on immigration, family law, criminal defense, and business law.

Through his work in the asylum arena, Mr. Hanover has become accomplished at defending gang members and individuals convicted of drug offenses, and other serious crimes, in immigration court. He has expanded the criminal defense aspect of Hanover Law to include Felony 1, Felony 2, and capital cases (including homicide cases).

Hanover's experience in family law covers custody and divorce proceedings in DC Superior Court, and Federal Court. He has specialized experience in high value estates, and sensitive neglect, protective orders, and abuse custody cases.

In addition to his law practice, Mr. Hanover owns HHC, an IT consulting company based in Fairfax, VA. HHC specializes in Drupal development, a form of open-source PHP/MySQL CMS. His experience as an IT Business owner provides excellent insight for his small to medium size business legal clients working in commercial, non-profit and government sectors.

Contributing to the legal community is important to Mr. Hanover. He is an active author in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) with publications ranging from foreign military spouses to paralegal course books. He maintains a blog at www.hanoverlawpc.com.

Mr. Hanover is a member of the VA Bar, DC Bar, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Fairfax Bar, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. For more information on his business background, visit his LinkedIn profile at http://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover.

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/legal_team.php

I was thinking along those lines, too. DW party could have legitimately hired Amerit for a job and since the driver/mech comes with the truck, that's why he was there - all innocent and businesslike. Who knows what reason he was given that they were meeting at a motel parking lot to hookup with a car and then.. go to the job he was hired for?

And then I think about the guys that were in the back of the truck while it was driving down the road - that's not normal I would think. I would even expect it to be against Amerit rules if not law because of potential liability issues.

I also think that if the driver/mech didn't know any of those people, he must be heaving a huge shady-legged sigh of relief that he never got to the destination with someone who has no problem killing any witness. Maybe DW would have hijacked the truck for it's contents and killed the driver.

-- Was it a legitimate hire through Amerit since they released a statement saying no truck missing, no illegal activity?
-- What was the driver told about the guys and cash in the back of the truck? I mean, that's a tough one to explain to someone who doesn't know you, that my buddies are going to ride in the back of the truck, ok dude?
-- Was driver concerned or curious about the people he was meeting with in a motel parking lot?

Just to rag on MSM again, I saw an article that reported DW's sedan was following a "box truck filled with cash".

I'm not sure anyone was in the back of the truck. Only five people brought in by police and most of them were the women who were in the car with DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7162c4-13b1-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in D.C. Superior Court, at which time defense attorney Sean Hanover is expected to enter his appearance as Wint&#8217;s new attorney. In a brief interview Monday, Hanover said Wint&#8217;s family retained him on Saturday.

This is a private attorney? That requires some bank...a defense for a case like this will be hundreds of thousands of dollars! The family has money like that?

I have always considered myself from a middle class family...and we could never put out money like that!

Why are you saying that as if we disagree?

I was just saying if someone thought it might be someone other than DDW because it was a small print, just saying that he probably doesn't have very big feet so it is most likely his foot print.

Oh, no! I was referring to my own excitement, lol - laughing at myself is all. Truth be told, because my world revolves all around me, I was excited of being shown another perspective and honesttogosh that cracks me up every time! Less about the red bag per se. It just fascinates me to realize (because I often forget) how our understandings can differ of a simple word, phrase or description can be interpreted.

I'd been having my version of the red bag or red lined bag in my minds eye, then that delightful WSer posted a fresh and different perspective to me. Others may have already thought about that, but I hadn't and it just brightened me up and I wanted to share. Sometimes, we think we're talking about the same thing, but we discover we're not. It was a laugh at myself about how easy it is to misunderstand each other in life and especially in online forums.

Hate to beat a red bag to death, but just using it as an example. We think we know what that might mean, but we won't really know until we see it. It depends on the person who described it to begin with, what they saw it as, or perceived it to be, the way they described it in writing, JW's meaning, LE's interpretation, etc. Then as receiving human beings, we put our own preconceived thoughts and assumptions about what it looks like. I hope I'm describing this okay. :/ I mean that sometimes I never give it a second thought until something opens my eyes. :D

I'm just easily amused and I must disclose to having two cups of coffee and a piece of *sigh* vegan chocolate cake with banana coconut frosting for breakfast right before I posted that. No excuse for this manic post, lol. :blushing:

Bottom line: I no longer have any idea what I think it looks like. I keep seeing red bags everywhere these days. :/

Here I was convinced it was a red velvet lined bag ;)

I also think that if the driver/mech didn't know any of those people, he must be heaving a huge shady-legged sigh of relief that he never got to the destination with someone who has no problem killing any witness. Maybe DW would have hijacked the truck for it's contents and killed the driver.

I don't think that whatever the reason for following DDW that night in that truck was legit.

But I do think that when Amerit put out their statement saying that no one employed by them was a POI in this crime...they meant specifically the murders/arson. I do think that whoever was driving it that night was an employee...and may have been guilty of doing something not exactly on the up and up. Since I am not sure what exactly was happening, I can't say what. But they weren't guilty of the murder.

I think it was a carefully crafted statement, like most PR people would put out to distance themselves from the horrific crime while not exactly lying that what their employee was doing THAT evening wasn't entirely kosher.

But that's just my take on how it was stated.

I've just spent a lot of time on Amerit's website. They specialize in fleet management, not individual vehicles. It sounds like you cannot call them up and get them for a one-off. They talk a lot about customizing the truck for the customer, managing their entire fleet, sending their people into other states to locate themselves near the business or where the trucks (seems to mostly be trucks) are located. I know we had someone here whose husband had the option of having a car serviced that way, but it may be that they agreed to throw in employees' cars as part of a larger contract.

I could be wrong about it, but it is hard to imagine that a company that seeks huge jobs would find it efficient to do short couple-night one-offs...and it doesn't sound like you usually get one mechanic, it sounds like you get a crew. Finally, it didn't sound like the kind of vehicle that you would load non-Amerit people into without raising some serious questions.

Keefer.

Private lawyers can collect money in different ways from a broke suspect such as casey anthony. It just depends on how much attention the case is going to receive.

It's like a business advertisement thing. They dish out the money and services on a mainstream court case; With the hopes of cashing in on future clients or becoming partners at big firms. Or the paid interviews and or book deals that you may receive.

Jmo.
Thanks, I wonder if they (lawyers)are able to attain a loan from someone for their up front costs in exchange for a % of the end profits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1