DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Federal marshals had been tracking Wint on Thursday night from College Park as he traveled in a white Chevrolet Cruze, a police official said. The suspect was traveling with two women, and one of them was driving. The Cruze was following a white box truck, which had two black males inside. At least one of the men was believed to be a relative of Wint’s, the official said.
Both vehicles were stopped by marshals near 10th Street and Rhode Island Avenue NE, the official said. Police found at least $10,000 in cash in the box truck, and the women in the Cruze and the men in the box truck were taken into custody, the source said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...de05b6b2a4_story.html?hpid=z1&tid=ptv_rellink
Thanks, that's what I thought. This is why we like links when people post things as facts.

WHY does everyone assume I am a male? LOL!! For the record, I am not! LOL!!

If it's any consolation, I always assumed you were a female :)

Frankly, I used to smell mustard when I saw your name (Homer Simpson voice: corn doooogggss) but I knew it was really corundogs

:drumroll:

Who's on first, what's on second... Here it says three other males and two females.

As well as Wint, authorities arrested three other males - including his brother - and two females in the car and the truck, according to Robert Fernandez, commander of the U.S. Marshal Service's Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-home-address-Northeast-DC.html#ixzz3dBi6stni
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have always been under the impression that there was someone in the back of the truck. I read that somewhere, and not just here.

There was also some confusion as to the number of people actually arrested, remember? 4 or 5?

I think this is just yet another bad reporting job. I don't know if the actual answer is out there. How do you decide which report is right?

In addition to heading up a law firm with very little experience, IMO, Hanover has another company which he owns:

Drupal SME/Developer/PM
HHC Inc
January 2001 – Present (14 years 6 months)Fairfax, VA

My expertise in Drupal spans over 5 years. With a background in MySQL and PHP programming (12 years), Drupal was a natural fit! Quite comfortable in developing for both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. Extensive work with custom modules (usually related to form development and manipulations, as well as "greasing the skids" to make contrib modules work with custom Drupal configurations). Front end work also includes use of custom ajax, nested forms, and that occasional "kick" when core Drupal routines just don't seem to work. Multisite experienced from basic SSO to custom subdomain manipulation.

SAMPLE PROJECTS:

Presently working with Collabralink on the FSA/StudentAid.ed.gov website as a Senior Drupal Developer. Extensive use of javascript, jQuery, and Drupal 7.

Engaged with the Pentagon and EITSD (division of Washington Headquarters Services) on a new enterprise Drupal site for all WHS employees and public site users. yadda yadda yadda​

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover

Doesn't seem like a good fit to me. Could he be ambulance chasing?
Wint needs to have a proper defense from the getgo, imo.

Being a website developer seems like a strange second job (or first job) for a lawyer. Would be interesting to know how/why he was selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will always go with The Washington Post over The Daily Mail when it comes to actual reporting. Usually, DM just re-reports what others have written or reported. In this case, it seems they used their own reporter and in my experience that is when DM often comes up short. Their photos are good and plentiful, though.

From the horse's mouth, Robert Fernadez, Cdr U.S. Marshals. Six people total.

They followed the two vehicles into Washington, pinned and stopped both vehicles and arrested Wint, two women and another man in the sedan, and two men in the truck. Fernandez told the Associated Press that Wint was “stoic” upon being arrested, and that all six people surrendered without a fight.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/task-force-chief-details-wint-arrest/

I will always go with The Washington Post over The Daily Mail when it comes to actual reporting. Usually, DM just re-reports what others have written or reported. In this case, it seems they used their own reporter and in my experience that is when DM often comes up short. Their photos are good and plentiful, though.

Best photos in the business...on any subject!!! But yeah, they definitely lack as far as facts.

But what if D.W. Is found guilty but does not take the stand or divulge any details about the case? Can't see a big book/t.v or movie deal being generated then. The only way I see dollar signs is if he tells about the murders or is found innocent. Either way there is the possibility of the two surviving daughters suing him in civil court if he tries to profit from this.
Has this Jose b.gotten any big cases or made any money off this?i do think this case is somewhat different circumstances?
I do not know. But Jose Baez is definitely the poster boy for getting national notoriety as a nobody lawyer who became a somebody.

So lets say running commercials for your service on national tv will cost 500k just for a week of some prime time spots and time slots.

Now financially; Wouldn't it be better to use that 500k for the case and have over a year of national media advertising while displaying how good your services are in a real life situation.

So with a case like this. A wealthier lawyer may join forces with you and share cost and get their name out there as well.

So DW can have a decent lawyer for free. But they may make him sign over the rights of any book deals or paid interviews that they maybe granted due to his case.

Jmo.

A couple things about Hanover:

No experience with murder. This is really foolish for DW. PDS is the best public defenders office in the country and he's throwing them over for someone who is trying to create a new business niche (I'm sure he's charging DW little to nothing). Sometimes defendants think the lawyer you pay for is better than the appointed lawyer but unless you can pay a lot, you aren't going to do better than PDS.

Hanover himself is not a criminal defense lawyer. So I'm assuming someone else in the firm will do the actual work.

There will not be a preliminary hearing in this case. The prosecution has to with do the prelim or get a grad jury to issue an indictment and they virtually always do the latter because at a hearing the defense lawyers can cross examine their witnesses. I'm sure there is a grand jury meeting already.

Sounds like a regular convoy of vehicles filled with people doing something to serve some purpose. All these people traveling together. Call me unreasonable and confused but this is strange.
From the horse's mouth, Robert Fernadez, Cdr U.S. Marshals. Six people total.

They followed the two vehicles into Washington, pinned and stopped both vehicles and arrested Wint, two women and another man in the sedan, and two men in the truck. Fernandez told the Associated Press that Wint was “stoic” upon being arrested, and that all six people surrendered without a fight.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/task-force-chief-details-wint-arrest/

I just read the website for the Hanover firm. They are in way over their heads. Most of their "criminal" work seems to be traffic, DUIs, that sort of thing. There are references to "felonies" but no specificity about what felonies and no reference to trial work. The lawyer who seems to focus most on criminal work is a very recent law school grad. This is basically the law firm for whatever your family needs, which is a great thing. I have a friend who practices this kind of law. But this case requires highly specialized lawyers. I don't know what DW is thinking.

Did you know that a certain population rules the DC prison.

Do you think that the people he is going to be locked up with are all stellar members of the community.

The ruthless hands on criminals that have no problem strangling, stabbing, beating, and killing a family of 4 will be feared in prison by a good majority. As long as they see you can hold your own then they will leave you be.

Plus with the case notoriety; Some prisoners will feel that it is an honor to be in the same sector with him.

Most of those guys are in for guns, drugs, rape, and murder via gun. But DW already displayed his savageness and prisoners know that he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty. He has a violent past as well.

I know it sounds messed up but look at the mind set of most of them. Killers respect killers in their world.

Jmo. He will be okay on jail.

Good points. In that same vein, a friend of mine is a psychologist who works several days a month in a state prison. Every time I see her, I bombard her with "prisoner" questions. I told her I noticed when reading various inmate infractions, that I often see "fighting" as a very commonly listed early infraction -- I asked her if fighting was something that was purposely done by a new inmate to get instant prison creds. She said it was very common -- among men, not women. And it is one way to show that you are not to be messed-with. Your post above, IMO, runs along the same lines. "I'm tuff. Do not scr=w around with me."

Contracts with the pentagon for software and defending child molestors ,rapists and people here illegally. Sounds like a champion of freedom to me.
In addition to heading up a law firm with very little experience, IMO, Hanover has another company which he owns:

Drupal SME/Developer/PM
HHC Inc
January 2001 – Present (14 years 6 months)Fairfax, VA

My expertise in Drupal spans over 5 years. With a background in MySQL and PHP programming (12 years), Drupal was a natural fit! Quite comfortable in developing for both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. Extensive work with custom modules (usually related to form development and manipulations, as well as "greasing the skids" to make contrib modules work with custom Drupal configurations). Front end work also includes use of custom ajax, nested forms, and that occasional "kick" when core Drupal routines just don't seem to work. Multisite experienced from basic SSO to custom subdomain manipulation.

SAMPLE PROJECTS:

Presently working with Collabralink on the FSA/StudentAid.ed.gov website as a Senior Drupal Developer. Extensive use of javascript, jQuery, and Drupal 7.

Engaged with the Pentagon and EITSD (division of Washington Headquarters Services) on a new enterprise Drupal site for all WHS employees and public site users. yadda yadda yadda​

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover

Doesn't seem like a good fit to me. Could he be ambulance chasing?
Wint needs to have a proper defense from the getgo, imo.

Maybe as Bond Girl mentioned, they were bold enough to be headed to the "Club." Do a few lines of coke, make it rain with a stack of Jeffersons. But there is still the mystery of driving several miles into MD before heading south to DC.

Just like jr. High only the stakes are higher. I really don't think he'll have any problems in jail unless someone puts out a contract on him.
Good points. In that same vein, a friend of mine is a psychologist who works several days a month in a state prison. Every time I see her, I bombard her with "prisoner" questions. I told her I noticed when reading various inmate infractions, that I often see "fighting" as a very commonly listed early infraction -- I asked her if fighting was something that was purposely done by a new inmate to get instant prison creds. She said it was very common -- among men, not women. And it is one way to show that you are not to be messed-with. Your post above, IMO, runs along the same lines. "I'm tuff. Do not scr=w around with me."

Maybe as Bond Girl mentioned, they were bold enough to be headed to the "Club." Do a few lines of coke, make it rain with a stack of Jeffersons. But there is still the mystery of driving several miles into MD before heading south to DC.

I think you meant Bejamins. LOL!!!

Unless you really meant they were gonna make it rain with a stack of 2 dollar bills????

I think you meant Bejamins. LOL!!!

Unless you really meant they were gonna make it rain with a stack of 2 dollar bills????

Aww, We knew what @coryndogs meant!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you are saying that all the nations best criminal defense attorneys worth their salt will be vying to defend Mr. Wint,is that right? It will be interesting to see who gets This most coveted of jobs, and who pays for it.

No. Maybe not Wint. I am saying, based on what I know of defense attorneys, the truly dedicated do not turn from a case in which the client has many strikes against him (publicity, particularly horrendous crime) because if they are true defenders, they want to be the first-line defense for a criminal it would seem the prosecution could easily put away. There have been many cases, historically, nothing new, in which all the facts seemed to point to the defendant, the public was outraged at the nature of the crime, the victim extremely sympathetic, and pre-trial, the case had been about tried in the media. A person who becomes a defense attorney to protect the rights of those accused (sometimes unfairly) by the "other side," almost always having a financial and personnel advantage, is going to NOT shy away from the most difficult cases. However, some defense attorneys must first establish themselves. Some will not be skilled enough for the "tough ones." I believe a lawyer like Frick, already successful, might not mind challenging himself to the task Wint will present.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7162c4-13b1-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in D.C. Superior Court, at which time defense attorney Sean Hanover is expected to enter his appearance as Wint’s new attorney. In a brief interview Monday, Hanover said Wint’s family retained him on Saturday.

Thanks Tex, now I know whats up tomorrow. I've read about him and not sure what to make of a website developer but it does indicate someone who can do things most people can't comprehend. Wint is entitled to a defense but IMO if it goes to trial Wint will be found guilty no matter who his lawyer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight