DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it were found in JW's home it would mean that he lied about putting the red bag into an envelope and placing it onto the passenger seat of the car.

And if it were a big bag, it would mean he probably couldn't have fit it into an envelope in the first place. So that would be a lie.

If JW's second story pans out to be true, DW & Co picked up the red bag with two more bundles than shown in the text/pic to W-2 (so $40k). . Seeing that, when DW was caught, the money was stuck in the interior door of the Amerit truck, you would think he would take advantage of the organization a bag could bring...but...who knows...maybe the money was not delivered in a red lined bag at all. It might have been polka dotted.

Sorry, comic relief. But, seriously, at this point, is there any reason we should believe anything that JW said that can't be corroborated? I am open! I wish there were ONE thing he said that could be proven true and made public. Instead it's all lies and unfortunate coincidences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAIN QUESTION: Why wouldn't he have taken a photo of $40K in cash which would be more impressive. Did he only get $20K from the accountant? I feel like had he had the opportunity to take that photo he would've, knowing how he loves to brag and get the "money shot".

RED BAG SIZE: I'm thinking like Goldie Locks - not too small or too big. I don't see him having small professional money/Bank zip bag and I've worked with those and they wouldn't hold $40K in 100 dollar bills anyhow. I don't think it was a huge red gym / travel bag either.

I kind of doubt a manilla envelope existed. I don't see him being Mr Boy Scout, super organized with office supplies on hand like a pack of 20 in his car - if he did surely he would have used that in the exchange with the accountant.

I think JW never left the bag in the car. I don't even think he could open the car.

Did jw ever explain the passport and mosler registration?

Did he previously get the mosler smogged for ss but forgot to give him back the registration paper. Or was he going to get the car smogged at a later date and needed to take registration to the smog shop?

He hasn't been reported as seen or heard from since the day after the murders, although I guess LE said they knew where he was (can't confirm that with a link). So, no, he has offered no explanations at all to any the lies he told or to my if the odd coincidences that popping up that paint him in a suspicious light. . And I imagine he may never. (To be fair, LE or his lawyer could be telling him to zip it.)

MAIN QUESTION: Why wouldn't he have taken a photo of $40K in cash which would be more impressive. Did he only get $20K from the accountant? I feel like had he had the opportunity to take that photo he would've, knowing how he loves to brag and get the "money shot".

RED BAG SIZE: I'm thinking like Goldie Locks - not too small or too big. I don't see him having small professional money/Bank zip bag and I've worked with those and they wouldn't hold $40K in 100 dollar bills anyhow. I don't think it was a huge red gym / travel bag either.

I kind of doubt a manilla envelope existed. I don't see him being Mr Boy Scout, super organized with office supplies on hand like a pack of 20 in his car - if he did surely he would have used that in the exchange with the accountant.

I think JW never left the bag in the car. I don't even think he could open the car.

So you are saying that he knew boss and family was about to get slayed in your opinion so he just kept the money?

Or he was going to just take the money and use that passport and deal with the consequences later. But then later on found out about the murders and aborted the running plan?

And you think the dw money was only from what he was able to retrieve from the house?

Explain your theory please.

Beautiful. Just to wax literary, they romanticize the cretin. Seen his mug shots. Who said it here? "Ugly dead-eyed monster," something like that. Best description but I guess too prejudicial to say, "Wint was monstrously ugly and dead-eyed when arrested."

Seems more accurate than 'stoic.' My beloved grandfather was 'stoic' when he was told his cancer had returned, and he tried to stay strong for the sake of his family. But Wint---nah, not going to call him 'stoic. ' 'Detached' or 'clueless' maybe.

So you are saying that he knew boss and family was about to get slayed in your opinion so he just kept the money?

Or he was going to just take the money and use that passport and deal with the consequences later. But then later on found out about the murders and aborted the running plan?

And you think the dw money was only from what he was able to retrieve from the house?

I think JW was involved. Maybe he gave DW half of the $20K shown in the photo. I don't have a nice, neat theory boxed up and ready to share.

I think JW was involved. Maybe he gave DW half of the $20K shown in the photo. I don't have a nice, neat theory boxed up and ready to share.

I'm sure dw was contacting people during his visit. I wonder if he had a burner phone for certain people to use and dispose of once the mission was complete.

But i think dw would have killed jw for that other half. So if involved then jw would definitely had made sure that only half is coming with him.

Sorry, bond, I misread and thought someone else posted this! I agree BTW!

I know, I wonder why he would say that? To show that he had no contact with anyone in the house I guess. ORIGINALLY it was reported that he left the money on the front porch. (I had a link at one point.) but that was written off as faulty reporting, which I can understand because there have, indeed, been inaccuracies and vagueness. But it was only replaced by his varying accounts of putting the money in the car, which are hardly reliable.

The charging doc said the pic showed only two bundles. For a reason. And I don't think IMO they would have stated that if it looked like two more bundles could be hiding under the two visible bundles.

Well, if it were found in JW's home it would mean that he lied about putting the red bag into an envelope and placing it onto the passenger seat of the car.

And if it were a big bag, it would mean he probably couldn't have fit it into an envelope in the first place. So that would be a lie.

If JW's second story pans out to be true, DW & Co picked up the red bag with two more bundles than shown in the text/pic to W-2 (so $40k). . Seeing that, when DW was caught, the money was stuck in the interior door of the Amerit truck, you would think he would take advantage of the organization a bag could bring...but...who knows...maybe the money was not delivered in a red lined bag at all. It might have been polka dotted.

Sorry, comic relief. But, seriously, at this point, is there any reason we should believe anything that JW said that can't be corroborated? I am open! I wish there were ONE thing he said that could be proven true and made public. Instead it's all lies and unfortunate coincidences.

I'm not 100% sure one of JW's stories included putting the bag inside the Manila envelope. IIRC, he said he put the money inside the Manila envelope he had in his car. I think it might have been an assumption here that he meant he put the money, already in the red-lined bag, inside the envelope and left the whole shebang in the Mosler. I think JW ought to be able to produce that bag and if he hasn't, it's another reason for LE to be suspicious. So he put the money in the bag for the photo - not cool, but not criminal. He then put the money in the envelope into the Mosler, because he wanted to keep his bag (although he ought to have assumed he could get the bag back from SS later, if everything was kosher.) so what reason could he possibly have for NOT turning over the bag? Prints, DNA???

Did jw ever explain the passport and mosler registration?

Did he previously get the mosler smogged for ss but forgot to give him back the registration paper. Or was he going to get the car smogged at a later date and needed to take registration to the smog shop?

SS got the car "smogged" before JW started working for him.

BBM. Either do I- there are so many hinky things about this that either haven't been cleared up or have been but we just don't know it yet.

This makes me ask more questions: http://www.scribd.com/doc/267687232/Wint-Search-Warrant-Affidavit

1) When he lied about what cash was placed in- (lie: manila envelope right from the get-go, truth: red lined bag first, then envelope)- who the heck has manila envelopes just chillin' in their mosler? And why did he not think this was odd?

2) Still reading, but what vehicle was JW driving when he did all this delivering of money? Because it says right there in that link his car was recovered from the residence on 5/14 - the day of the fire/discovery of AS, SS, VF, and PS.

Neither of those mean he was guilty- just curious. Because it's weird.

I'm sure dw was contacting people during his visit. I wonder if he had a burner phone for certain people to use and dispose of once the mission was complete.

But i think dw would have killed jw for that other half. So if involved then jw would definitely had made sure that only half is coming with him.

Maybe that's why DW called JW right before setting the house on fire. One last chance to bring him all the cash or he would kill the family and torch the Porsche. And come after JW.

I'm not sure what his plan was, but whatever it was, he probably didn't count on LE grabbing up his car and the stuff inside it, and being taken to the police station for questioning straight from the fire. JMO

If any of you have traveled outside this thread, you have encountered wild theories, unfounded innuendos about the Savopoulos's business conduct. Makes me sick. However much we argue with each other, engage in the usual back and forth, I think we have maintained reason, sensitivity to victims and their survivors, and never posted to satisfy personal agendas or indulge in irresponsible theatrics.

I thank my fellow websleuthers, and this forum, and its mods.

May justice be done. May lapses in "the system,"which allowed evil a free hand, be corrected in honor to the Savopoulos and Figueroa families.

Maybe that's why DW called JW right before setting the house on fire. One last chance to bring him all the cash or he would kill the family and torch the Porsche. And come after JW.

Very plausible.

I repeat.

Very plausible.

I'm not sure what his plan was, but whatever it was, he probably didn't count on LE grabbing up his car and the stuff inside it, and being taken to the police station for questioning straight from the fire. JMO

So dw didn't inform him that he intended on starting a fire which made him believe he had time to come back before any one noticed the deaths? Hmmm ok. I can see that.

Very plausible.

I repeat.

Very plausible.

YES. I think this is the first time that I've seen this actually stated here- but I really thought some of the calls/texts from SS phone may have been DW actually doing the dialing. Its been the elephant theory lurking that noone's just spit out.

I mean, I've used other peoples phones before for totally benign reasons when my own either was out of immediate reach or battery died- so I can see anyone using others phones for sure for nefarious reasons.

And why get a burner phone when you have one (THREE, actually) at your fingertips- and making calls from those or texting could look totally innocent- like do we really think AS texted the other HK? Or more likely since she was restrained, it was wint. Duh.

ETA: sorry for the lack of regard for grammar, punctuation, etc.

ETA x 2: They have warrants for all three adults phones starting 5/10/15-5/15/15- detailed information on historical use, texts, calls, everything- and also, usage and data/location pings/cell towers, etc for thirty days beyond that. Links:
VF Phone : http://www.scribd.com/doc/267576743/Wint-Warrant-4
SS phone: http://www.scribd.com/doc/267576749/Wint-Warrant-3
AS phone: http://www.scribd.com/doc/267576751/Wint-Warrant

This is news to me because it looks like they unsealed it relatively recently... sorry if I'm being redundant

YES. I think this is the first time that I've seen this actually stated here- but I really thought some of the calls/texts from SS phone may have been DW actually doing the dialing. Its been the elephant theory lurking that noone's just spit out.

I mean, I've used other peoples phones before for totally benign reasons when my own either was out of immediate reach or battery died- so I can see anyone using others phones for sure for nefarious reasons.

And why get a burner phone when you have one (THREE, actually) at your fingertips- and making calls from those or texting could look totally innocent- like do we really think AS texted the other HK? Or more likely since she was restrained, it was wint. Duh.

ETA: sorry for the lack of regard for grammar, punctuation, etc.

ETA x 2: They have warrants for all three adults phones starting 5/10/15-5/15/15- detailed information on historical use, texts, calls, everything- and also, usage and data/location pings/cell towers, etc for thirty days beyond that. Links:
VF Phone : http://www.scribd.com/doc/267576743/Wint-Warrant-4
SS phone: http://www.scribd.com/doc/267576749/Wint-Warrant-3
AS phone: http://www.scribd.com/doc/267576751/Wint-Warrant

This is news to me because it looks like they unsealed it relatively recently... sorry if I'm being redundant

Agree. All that torture was done by time that last call was made before the fire. Mr S wouldn't have been able to talk at that point after it was confirmed by jw that the money was on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member