DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she buy them or cash them? If she cashed them is there a link to that information?

TIA

Yes- here is the quote " (CNN) [10:25:14] PAMELA BROWN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): CNN has learned two of the five people with Daron Wint cashed money orders for $2500 each, money believed by investigators to be from the $40,000 dropped off at the Savopoulos family home while they were held hostage, according to a law enforcement official. "

Link

Sorry it took me so long to answer!

Thanks Tex, now I know whats up tomorrow. I've read about him and not sure what to make of a website developer but it does indicate someone who can do things most people can't comprehend. Wint is entitled to a defense but IMO if it goes to trial Wint will be found guilty no matter who his lawyer is.

And if his attorney is inexperienced with capital cases, it might give his appeal legs. JMO. I can't understand hiring someone who doesn't specialize in felony murder! I agree with PP that he and his family would be better off with the public defenders.

Yes- here is the quote " (CNN) [10:25:14] PAMELA BROWN, CNN CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): CNN has learned two of the five people with Daron Wint cashed money orders for $2500 each, money believed by investigators to be from the $40,000 dropped off at the Savopoulos family home while they were held hostage, according to a law enforcement official. "

Link

Sorry it took me so long to answer!

What on earth?! So they're converting cash into money orders and then cashing them? On the way to turn him in to LE? Sounds crazy to me!

What on earth?! So they're converting cash into money orders and then cashing them? On the way to turn him in to LE? Sounds crazy to me!

They may have thought the original cash was traceable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean R. Hanover, Esquire
Principal Attorney
Attorney Hanover has been associated with law since graduating with double Master Degrees in Human Resources (employment law) and Industrial Relations (union law) from St. Francis University in 1996.

He obtained his juris doctorate from the University of the District of Columbia in 2008 and maintains a vibrant practice focusing on immigration, family law, criminal defense, and business law.

Through his work in the asylum arena, Mr. Hanover has become accomplished at defending gang members and individuals convicted of drug offenses, and other serious crimes, in immigration court. He has expanded the criminal defense aspect of Hanover Law to include Felony 1, Felony 2, and capital cases (including homicide cases).

Hanover's experience in family law covers custody and divorce proceedings in DC Superior Court, and Federal Court. He has specialized experience in high value estates, and sensitive neglect, protective orders, and abuse custody cases.

In addition to his law practice, Mr. Hanover owns HHC, an IT consulting company based in Fairfax, VA. HHC specializes in Drupal development, a form of open-source PHP/MySQL CMS. His experience as an IT Business owner provides excellent insight for his small to medium size business legal clients working in commercial, non-profit and government sectors.

Contributing to the legal community is important to Mr. Hanover. He is an active author in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) with publications ranging from foreign military spouses to paralegal course books. He maintains a blog at www.hanoverlawpc.com.

Mr. Hanover is a member of the VA Bar, DC Bar, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Fairfax Bar, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. For more information on his business background, visit his LinkedIn profile at http://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover.

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/legal_team.php

Gosh I am a dead-beat under-achiever! Makes me feel tired just reading this bio. How does one person cram all these degrees and specializations and experience into twenty years or whatever? How hold down these big-time competitive jobs and maintain in the big leagues?
I'm not sure I'm up to a PT dog-walk job.
And then he also has his own company in a whole other realm.

Interesting, the gang and immigration focus.

I just assumed they said "red lined" because they could only see the interior of the bag in the money shot and it had red lining--hence, it was red lined. IDK. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kammiemc
Agreeing w you - likely 'red lined' bag is exactly that literally, nothing more or less.

But despite Occam's Razor, I also think about alternative explanations.
So many unknowns here.

Thx for your response.

Gosh I am a dead-beat under-achiever! Makes me feel tired just reading this bio. How does one person cram all these degrees and specializations and experience into twenty years or whatever? How hold down these big-time competitive jobs and maintain in the big leagues?
I'm not sure I'm up to a PT dog-walk job.
And then he also has his own company in a whole other realm.

Interesting, the gang and immigration focus.

DC is full of type A overachievers!

Well, since none of them have been arrested...I am assuming they are not involved in the crime. But again, that is just how I am reading that. They didn't say it was stolen, which I would imagine if it was, they certainly would have said so.
PR speak. Could be fact, but how could she know? At this point, absolutely. I'd say the same thing because none of the company employees have been charged.

They may have thought the original cash was traceable.

Agree- it seems that that factoid was released to MSM by LE on 5/26. IMO it seemed- according to the report that it either happened that day or that LE had just released that tidbit to MSM in order to get the word out that they are keeping tabs on the people who were detained (but not arrested) with Wint.

A source CNN (LE but not directly involved in the investigation) interviewed said they were "following the money"- so it seems relevant to the case. I dunno. I think there is much that LE knows that we don't just yet. I keep hoping for new information.

From the horse's mouth, Robert Fernadez, Cdr U.S. Marshals. Six people total.

They followed the two vehicles into Washington, pinned and stopped both vehicles and arrested Wint, two women and another man in the sedan, and two men in the truck. Fernandez told the Associated Press that Wint was “stoic” upon being arrested, and that all six people surrendered without a fight.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/task-force-chief-details-wint-arrest/

I hate that they said "stoic". There's a certain amount of dignity I tie to that word. I would prefer..."blank" or "unemotional" or "out to lunch"

Yeah...and this isn't just simple murder either. Not "I pulled a gun and shot the guy who was looking at my girlfriend wrong" murder. I wonder if going with a PD would be a better option in this case??

Maybe this guy will make the case a priority whereas PD have so few resources and huge caseloads. So seems specialities are immigration, gangs, sex crimes. Hm.

I hate that they said "stoic". There's a certain amount of dignity I tie to that word. I would prefer..."blank" or "unemotional" or "out to lunch"

Beautiful. Just to wax literary, they romanticize the cretin. Seen his mug shots. Who said it here? "Ugly dead-eyed monster," something like that. Best description but I guess too prejudicial to say, "Wint was monstrously ugly and dead-eyed when arrested."

"A red lined bag" depending on how it's written could be:
A bag with red lines.
A bag that has a red lining, outer color unknown.
A bag designed and sold by a brand called Redline.
There could be more... :)
How can people not get excited about seeing something from a new perspective? Am I just a nerd for appreciating a different point of view?
sbm bbm

One known = color =red.

Unknowns
:
---size. Big, like $ in a pocket in sports bag big enough to accommodate baseball bats like linked on my earlier post? Or so small, just enough to hold $?
LE s/h guesstimate, based upon pix showing currency size to bag itself.

---material? Paper, plastic, Ty-Vek - an envelope like for mailing. Nylon, canvas w a zipper - like a business deposit bag used in banking; or like pouch w zipper for holding accessories in a woman's purse; leather, like for holding acc., etc.

- where it is now, who has it, whether he/she was original owner, etc.

Like I said, LE know about existence of red lined bag and may locate w S/Wrrt.
What is significance of bag, and its placement in pic JW sent to (girlfriend?), IDK.
What if anything does bag mean?

current location
If for ex, it is a Red-Lined brand bag (if there is such a thing) related to auto racing, and LE finds in home or car of Person X (DW or one of his Amerit truck chums?), that could be revealing. Will LE findDNA on bag -someone other than JW's?
If found in JW's home, well, we already knew he had possession of it on delivery day, so does not tell us so much, not so meaningful.

Okay, time for me to stop rambling.

^ 'Am I just a nerd for appreciating a different point of view?'
IDK about that, but pretty sure I am one for posting all this. JM2cts and could be all wrong.

And if his attorney is inexperienced with capital cases, it might give his appeal legs. JMO. I can't understand hiring someone who doesn't specialize in felony murder! I agree with PP that he and his family would be better off with the public defenders.

I was hesitant to say the same thing. It's impossible that his family would hire a bad lawyer to give him a better chance at appeal, right? DW doesn't seem that bright to scheme, and his dad seems legit in wanting to bring those involved to justice. Is hiring a dunce lawyer actually a strategy?

It's a partial footprint.

Yes. It is quite apparent that it is a partial footprint. To me, it looks like the rounded toe area of a shoe/boot with a defined tread. However, judging its size relative to the doorknob, it still appears to be that of a small shoe/boot. JMO.

150603_wn_smith0_16x9_992.jpg

As an aside, does anyone think that the boot/shoe print from the door looks small? I'm not good at calculating comparative size (in relation to the doorknob, for example), so maybe it's just the way the photograph was taken. (?)

Trying to recall --- was there a ruler/scale in pic w boot print?
If ruler did not show on the MSM-distrib'ed pix, is it poss MSM cropped pix to exclude rule? Seems unlikely.

sbm bbm

One known = color =red.

Unknowns
:
---size. Big, like $ in a pocket in sports bag big enough to accommodate baseball bats like linked on my earlier post? Or so small, just enough to hold $?
LE s/h guesstimate, based upon pix showing currency size to bag itself.

---material? Paper, plastic, Ty-Vek - an envelope like for mailing. Nylon, canvas w a zipper - like a business deposit bag used in banking; or like pouch w zipper for holding accessories in a woman's purse; leather, like for holding acc., etc.

- where it is now, who has it, whether he/she was original owner, etc.

Like I said, LE know about existence of red lined bag and may locate w S/Wrrt.
What is significance of bag, and its placement in pic JW sent to (girlfriend?), IDK.
What if anything does bag mean?

current location
If for ex, it is a Red-Lined brand bag (if there is such a thing) related to auto racing, and LE finds in home or car of Person X (DW or one of his Amerit truck chums?), that could be revealing. Will LE findDNA on bag -someone other than JW's?
If found in JW's home, well, we already knew he had possession of it on delivery day, so does not tell us so much, not so meaningful.

Okay, time for me to stop rambling.

^ 'Am I just a nerd for appreciating a different point of view?'
IDK about that, but pretty sure I am one for posting all this. JM2cts and could be all wrong.

Well, if it were found in JW's home it would mean that he lied about putting the red bag into an envelope and placing it onto the passenger seat of the car.

And if it were a big bag, it would mean he probably couldn't have fit it into an envelope in the first place. So that would be a lie.

If JW's second story pans out to be true, DW & Co picked up the red bag with two more bundles than shown in the text/pic to W-2 (so $40k). . Seeing that, when DW was caught, the money was stuck in the interior door of the Amerit truck, you would think he would take advantage of the organization a bag could bring...but...who knows...maybe the money was not delivered in a red lined bag at all. It might have been polka dotted.

Sorry, comic relief. But, seriously, at this point, is there any reason we should believe anything that JW said that can't be corroborated? I am open! I wish there were ONE thing he said that could be proven true and made public. Instead it's all lies and unfortunate coincidences.

Well, if it were found in JW's home it would mean that he lied about putting the red bag into an envelope and placing it onto the passenger seat of the car.

And if it were a big bag, it would mean he probably couldn't have fit it into an envelope in the first place. So that would be a lie.

If JW's second story pans out to be true, DW & Co picked up the red bag with two more bundles than shown in the text/pic to W-2 (so $40k). . Seeing that, when DW was caught, the money was stuck in the interior door of the Amerit truck, you would think he would take advantage of the organization a bag could bring...but...who knows...maybe the money was not delivered in a red lined bag at all. It might have been polka dotted.

Sorry, comic relief. But, seriously, at this point, is there any reason we should believe anything that JW said that can't be corroborated? I am open! I wish there were ONE thing he said that could be proven true and made public. Instead it's all lies and unfortunate coincidences.

Agreed. JW even lied to his GF and texted "40" when it was 20. He may be a compulsive liar since he lies when he doesn't even have to. I remember LE said one currency band could be seen in the photo he texted. Had one been removed? Did he fan out the money to make it impressive in the photo? Maybe that's why LE was searching for the money wrappers?

Did jw ever explain the passport and mosler registration?

Did he previously get the mosler smogged for ss but forgot to give him back the registration paper. Or was he going to get the car smogged at a later date and needed to take registration to the smog shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1