DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/litigation_and_defense.php

Litigation Services

Criminal Defense, Appeals, and Court Services

How do you define security? Good advice and excellent counsel are important aspects to any legal situation. However, the ability to win in court -- to overcome the objections and challenges of the opposing party, are what define security for the clients of Hanover Law.

We will stand with you during each step of the criminal process from preliminary hearings to the final jury trial. When our clients are detained, the cost of visiting them in local jails is included in the total cost of representation. We also provide investigative services to make the state prove its case.

Hanover Law will defend the rights of the accused in both felony and misdemeanor cases. We have considerable experience in serious crimes, including robbery, armed offenses, and sexual assault.

We also work on appeals cases in the District of Columbia local and Federal courts. Let us review your appeal case, and help you draft a cogent legal argument for overturning a lower court's judgment.

Litigation is more than just court time, however. In order to truly help a client, an attorney must make an effort to provide timely updates on case status and excellent communications. At Hanover Law, we give our clients the security of knowing that they have powerhouse legal counsel to support them.

We currently defend clients in the Washington, D.C. area in cases involving:
Assault/ADW
DWI/DUI
Robbery
Child Molestation
Hit and Run
Sexual Assault
Domestic Violence
Narcotics Possession
Statutory Rape​

Nothing about murder

Don't know how to reply to two posts, but this also includes the post re: parking truck in driveway. I would have thought that one of his companions would have been arrested that night, either for stealing the truck, or driving it without permission, though perhaps Amerit didn't want to press charges in order to keep what distance they could between the company and the crime. I know some have speculated that there was a second person detained for a longer period of time -- maybe the driver of the truck?

And I also know some say that the truck is irrelevant. But if the truck had nothing to do with what they were doing that night, why on earth did they use it? I mean, if you were trying to keep a low profile, wouldn't you choose something a little more difficult to track? Perhaps they thought a commercial vehicle would provide some cover, but a box truck is awfully big. Didn't they know anyone who drove a van for Sears or Comcast?*

*NB - I am not implying that Sears or Comcast have anything to do with this.

BBM

Because they couldn't fit everyone in the Chevy?? :rolleyes:

I don't know why, but the truck isn't causing much curiosity in me. Maybe he had a friend who worked for Amerit and the guy stuck his neck out to help DW?

There are so many other possibilities that have me curious, but can't be discussed. And I guess I can't do much sleuthing of a truck.

The brutality of this crime, just like the brutality of any and all murders, is so sad... and so strange.

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/litigation_and_defense.php

Litigation Services

Criminal Defense, Appeals, and Court Services

How do you define security? Good advice and excellent counsel are important aspects to any legal situation. However, the ability to win in court -- to overcome the objections and challenges of the opposing party, are what define security for the clients of Hanover Law.

We will stand with you during each step of the criminal process from preliminary hearings to the final jury trial. When our clients are detained, the cost of visiting them in local jails is included in the total cost of representation. We also provide investigative services to make the state prove its case.

Hanover Law will defend the rights of the accused in both felony and misdemeanor cases. We have considerable experience in serious crimes, including robbery, armed offenses, and sexual assault.

We also work on appeals cases in the District of Columbia local and Federal courts. Let us review your appeal case, and help you draft a cogent legal argument for overturning a lower court's judgment.

Litigation is more than just court time, however. In order to truly help a client, an attorney must make an effort to provide timely updates on case status and excellent communications. At Hanover Law, we give our clients the security of knowing that they have powerhouse legal counsel to support them.

We currently defend clients in the Washington, D.C. area in cases involving:
Assault/ADW
DWI/DUI
Robbery
Child Molestation
Hit and Run
Sexual Assault
Domestic Violence
Narcotics Possession
Statutory Rape​

Nothing about murder

Yeah...and this isn't just simple murder either. Not "I pulled a gun and shot the guy who was looking at my girlfriend wrong" murder. I wonder if going with a PD would be a better option in this case??

I've just spent a lot of time on Amerit's website. They specialize in fleet management, not individual vehicles. It sounds like you cannot call them up and get them for a one-off. They talk a lot about customizing the truck for the customer, managing their entire fleet, sending their people into other states to locate themselves near the business or where the trucks (seems to mostly be trucks) are located. I know we had someone here whose husband had the option of having a car serviced that way, but it may be that they agreed to throw in employees' cars as part of a larger contract.

I could be wrong about it, but it is hard to imagine that a company that seeks huge jobs would find it efficient to do short couple-night one-offs...and it doesn't sound like you usually get one mechanic, it sounds like you get a crew. Finally, it didn't sound like the kind of vehicle that you would load non-Amerit people into without raising some serious questions.

BBM

That is exactly what it was. Amerit services the trucks used by the company and then they began servicing the electric cars that the company bought for company use. So because the Amerit truck was on the premises so often, the company asked if any employees needed service as well. It was only because the contract was already in force.

Thanks, I wonder if they (lawyers)are able to attain a loan from someone for their up front costs in exchange for a % of the end profits?

There is no profit since this is a criminal case - not a civil suit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I wonder if they (lawyers)are able to attain a loan from someone for their up front costs in exchange for a % of the end profits?

I do not know. But Jose Baez is definitely the poster boy for getting national notoriety as a nobody lawyer who became a somebody.

So lets say running commercials for your service on national tv will cost 500k just for a week of some prime time spots and time slots.

Now financially; Wouldn't it be better to use that 500k for the case and have over a year of national media advertising while displaying how good your services are in a real life situation.

So with a case like this. A wealthier lawyer may join forces with you and share cost and get their name out there as well.

So DW can have a decent lawyer for free. But they may make him sign over the rights of any book deals or paid interviews that they maybe granted due to his case.

Jmo.

BBM

Because they couldn't fit everyone in the Chevy?? :rolleyes:

I don't know why, but the truck isn't causing much curiosity in me. Maybe he had a friend who worked for Amerit and the guy stuck his neck out to help DW?

There are so many other possibilities that have me curious, but can't be discussed. And I guess I can't do much sleuthing of a truck.

The brutality of this crime, just like the brutality of any and all murders, is so sad... and so strange.

The more I look into Amerit, the more curious I become. Because one cannot 'rent' one of these trucks as a one time deal. You need to make a large deal with a big corporate contract for servicing a fleet of big rigs or company work trucks.

I don't understand why someone who had such a responsible job, as driving and working from such an expensive rig, would even know DW, let alone help him run from a murder case? Or even help him 'turn himself in' -if we want to give them benefit of the doubt. Would you want your employer to know that you drove a high profile murder suspect to jail in your work vehicle?

Sean R. Hanover, Esquire
Principal Attorney
Attorney Hanover has been associated with law since graduating with double Master Degrees in Human Resources (employment law) and Industrial Relations (union law) from St. Francis University in 1996.

He obtained his juris doctorate from the University of the District of Columbia in 2008 and maintains a vibrant practice focusing on immigration, family law, criminal defense, and business law.

Through his work in the asylum arena, Mr. Hanover has become accomplished at defending gang members and individuals convicted of drug offenses, and other serious crimes, in immigration court. He has expanded the criminal defense aspect of Hanover Law to include Felony 1, Felony 2, and capital cases (including homicide cases).

Hanover's experience in family law covers custody and divorce proceedings in DC Superior Court, and Federal Court. He has specialized experience in high value estates, and sensitive neglect, protective orders, and abuse custody cases.

In addition to his law practice, Mr. Hanover owns HHC, an IT consulting company based in Fairfax, VA. HHC specializes in Drupal development, a form of open-source PHP/MySQL CMS. His experience as an IT Business owner provides excellent insight for his small to medium size business legal clients working in commercial, non-profit and government sectors.

Contributing to the legal community is important to Mr. Hanover. He is an active author in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) with publications ranging from foreign military spouses to paralegal course books. He maintains a blog at www.hanoverlawpc.com.

Mr. Hanover is a member of the VA Bar, DC Bar, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Fairfax Bar, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. For more information on his business background, visit his LinkedIn profile at http://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover.

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/legal_team.php

Yeah...and this isn't just simple murder either. Not "I pulled a gun and shot the guy who was looking at my girlfriend wrong" murder. I wonder if going with a PD would be a better option in this case??

Wonder if they went with him also for the immigration experience? Like DW is going to need it. idts

Please refrain from using name variations. It's either Mr. Ficker or Robin Ficker.

Also, you are permitted to sleuth JW because he lied. You are not permitted to bring any info here about friends or family members. That goes for DW also. Do Not bring his family's FB or Twitter accts here.

If you have a question for a mod, hit the alert button. Thank you!

The more I look into Amerit, the more curious I become. Because one cannot 'rent' one of these trucks as a one time deal. You need to make a large deal with a big corporate contract for servicing a fleet of big rigs or company work trucks.

I don't understand why someone who had such a responsible job, as driving and working from such an expensive rig, would even know DW, let alone help him run from a murder case? Or even help him 'turn himself in' -if we want to give them benefit of the doubt. Would you want your employer to know that you drove a high profile murder suspect to jail in your work vehicle?

DW may have had leverage over the Amerit employee to persuade the person. May have threatened them. But I would assume that the reason a normal car or truck wasn't used is because the Amerit truck's functionality was going to help Wint in some way. Using a stolen corporate vehicle as a getaway to Florida isn't smart as Amerit would have notified police that the truck was missing and the truck may even be track able via GPS.

And then I think about the guys that were in the back of the truck while it was driving down the road - that's not normal I would think. I would even expect it to be against Amerit rules if not law because of potential liability issues..

There were only two men in the truck, driver and passenger. Car had two women, and DW. No people in back of truck.

In addition to heading up a law firm with very little experience, IMO, Hanover has another company which he owns:

Drupal SME/Developer/PM
HHC Inc
January 2001 – Present (14 years 6 months)Fairfax, VA

My expertise in Drupal spans over 5 years. With a background in MySQL and PHP programming (12 years), Drupal was a natural fit! Quite comfortable in developing for both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7. Extensive work with custom modules (usually related to form development and manipulations, as well as "greasing the skids" to make contrib modules work with custom Drupal configurations). Front end work also includes use of custom ajax, nested forms, and that occasional "kick" when core Drupal routines just don't seem to work. Multisite experienced from basic SSO to custom subdomain manipulation.

SAMPLE PROJECTS:

Presently working with Collabralink on the FSA/StudentAid.ed.gov website as a Senior Drupal Developer. Extensive use of javascript, jQuery, and Drupal 7.

Engaged with the Pentagon and EITSD (division of Washington Headquarters Services) on a new enterprise Drupal site for all WHS employees and public site users. yadda yadda yadda​

https://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover

Doesn't seem like a good fit to me. Could he be ambulance chasing?
Wint needs to have a proper defense from the getgo, imo.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...7162c4-13b1-11e5-89f3-61410da94eb1_story.html

A hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in D.C. Superior Court, at which time defense attorney Sean Hanover is expected to enter his appearance as Wint’s new attorney. In a brief interview Monday, Hanover said Wint’s family retained him on Saturday.

Hanover, who is licensed to practice in the District, said he plans to ask Judge Rhonda Reid-Winston to schedule another date for that hearing. (prelim)

DW may have had leverage over the Amerit employee to persuade the person. May have threatened them. But I would assume that the reason a normal car or truck wasn't used is because the Amerit truck's functionality was going to help Wint in some way. Using a stolen corporate vehicle as a getaway to Florida isn't smart as Amerit would have notified police that the truck was missing and the truck may even be track able via GPS.

IMO Amerint is not important. I am curious about where the five people in the chevy and the truck were really headed and what was their objective? They drove several miles north in MD before reversing direction to south and were not penned in until they were into DC. Hopefully one or more of them have visited their original destination since the arrest and police are aware. The two women were dumb enough to cash two $2500 money orders, perhaps they have made more stupid mistakes since then.

IMO Amerint is not important. I am curious about where the five people in the chevy and the truck were really headed and what was their objective? They drove several miles north in MD before reversing direction to south and were not penned in until they were into DC. Hopefully one or more of them have visited their original destination since the arrest and police are aware. The two women were dumb enough to cash two $2500 money orders, perhaps they have made more stupid mistakes since then.

I think the Amerit truck is key and involves where they were going. If they were going to the Club they wouldn't be in a convoy with the truck.

Federal marshals had been tracking Wint on Thursday night from College Park as he traveled in a white Chevrolet Cruze, a police official said. The suspect was traveling with two women, and one of them was driving. The Cruze was following a white box truck, which had two black males inside. At least one of the men was believed to be a relative of Wint’s, the official said.
Both vehicles were stopped by marshals near 10th Street and Rhode Island Avenue NE, the official said. Police found at least $10,000 in cash in the box truck, and the women in the Cruze and the men in the box truck were taken into custody, the source said.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...de05b6b2a4_story.html?hpid=z1&tid=ptv_rellink

Sean R. Hanover, Esquire
Principal Attorney
Attorney Hanover has been associated with law since graduating with double Master Degrees in Human Resources (employment law) and Industrial Relations (union law) from St. Francis University in 1996.

He obtained his juris doctorate from the University of the District of Columbia in 2008 and maintains a vibrant practice focusing on immigration, family law, criminal defense, and business law.

Through his work in the asylum arena, Mr. Hanover has become accomplished at defending gang members and individuals convicted of drug offenses, and other serious crimes, in immigration court. He has expanded the criminal defense aspect of Hanover Law to include Felony 1, Felony 2, and capital cases (including homicide cases).

Hanover's experience in family law covers custody and divorce proceedings in DC Superior Court, and Federal Court. He has specialized experience in high value estates, and sensitive neglect, protective orders, and abuse custody cases.

In addition to his law practice, Mr. Hanover owns HHC, an IT consulting company based in Fairfax, VA. HHC specializes in Drupal development, a form of open-source PHP/MySQL CMS. His experience as an IT Business owner provides excellent insight for his small to medium size business legal clients working in commercial, non-profit and government sectors.

Contributing to the legal community is important to Mr. Hanover. He is an active author in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) with publications ranging from foreign military spouses to paralegal course books. He maintains a blog at www.hanoverlawpc.com.

Mr. Hanover is a member of the VA Bar, DC Bar, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Fairfax Bar, and American Immigration Lawyers Association. For more information on his business background, visit his LinkedIn profile at http://www.linkedin.com/in/hanover.

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/legal_team.php

brbm

Great information, thank you!

So, this guy is accomplished in defending non-citizens who are gang members accused of violent crimes. Perfect.

I'm not sure anyone was in the back of the truck. Only five people brought in by police and most of them were the women who were in the car with DW.

Oh, fer corns'sake I hate to spread misinformation! I'm sorry. This is just so frustrating getting conflicting info from various msm sources.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/22/us/washington-mansion-fire-slayings/
I just found another that said what you say: three women in the car with DW, the 'small moving truck' had two men including Wint's brother.

Thank you for correcting!

As an aside, does anyone think that the boot/shoe print from the door looks small? I'm not good at calculating comparative size (in relation to the doorknob, for example), so maybe it's just the way the photograph was taken. (?)

It's a partial footprint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member