DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since none of them have been arrested...I am assuming they are not involved in the crime. But again, that is just how I am reading that. They didn't say it was stolen, which I would imagine if it was, they certainly would have said so.

True, no one has been arrested but MSM did release that two of the females initially detained cashed money orders related to the situation.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

At the risk of offending lawyers everywhere I am going to share a few facts about the man who would be Daron Wint's lawyer, Robin Flicker.
He went to West Point and also attended the university of penn. law school, one of the most exclusive private law schools in the nation. He has a bs in many things including one for electrical and mechanical engineering from Case institute of Tech.(private univ.)
His first case went all the way to the supremes!
He is a wealthy real estate broker.
He has been disbarred a few times.
Elected to house of reps in 1979 to Marylands 8th district home of Montgomery county.
Really, really wants to be DW's lawyer!
I don't think he is a suspect, but I do wonder why such a prominent person such as mr. Flick is involved.

he isn't and looks like he never will be DW's lawyer. Interestingly he seems to have faded from the scene.

he isn't and looks like he never will be DW's lawyer. Interestingly he seems to have faded from the scene.

Well maybe I spoke too soon if its been scheduled for a hearing tomorrow re: counsel. DW wouldn't be that stupid, would he?

Businesses are very strategic about how they craft their twitter strategy. They don't just follow something that doesn't relate to their business for no reason. JMO.

You'd be surprised! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking the preliminary hearing is next Monday. I got a feeling Ficker has a finger in this new motion but I can't figure Ficker out, yet.

My feelings Ficker just wants to be on TV day in and day out.

The blind men and the elephant! Eats, Shoots and Leaves!

Oh, my gosh! LOL, I think maybe most of us did, too. I lovelovelove it when someone shows me a perfectly reasonable explanation for their interpretation of a simple fact! Whee!

"A red lined bag" depending on how it's written could be:

A bag with red lines.
A bag that has a red lining, outer color unknown.
A bag designed and sold by a brand called Redline.

There could be more... :)

How can people not get excited about seeing something from a new perspective? Am I just a nerd for appreciating a different point of view?

I just read this again. I hope I was not coming across as not excited about the idea of it being a red striped or racing bag! I thought it was interesting that JW, himself, referred to his bag as "a red bag" whereas LE referred to it as red lined in the pic. Anyway, it's been discussed every which way. What bag would JW most likely own and bring for a package pick up? Racing bag or sports bag probably. But some thought he might carry his own bank bag for the financial transactions he does for SS. I was leaning toward bank bag because you would need a pretty big envelope for a racing bag! (I am picturing it.) But, I also think it's completely possible that JW's second story about delivering the money was just that. No way to know if it's true at THIS point. IMO! :) :)

At the risk of offending lawyers everywhere I am going to share a few facts about the man who would be Daron Wint's lawyer, Robin Flicker.
He went to West Point and also attended the university of penn. law school, one of the most exclusive private law schools in the nation. He has a bs in many things including one for electrical and mechanical engineering from Case institute of Tech.(private univ.)

His first case went all the way to the supremes!
He is a wealthy real estate broker.
He has been disbarred a few times.
Elected to house of reps in 1979 to Marylands 8th district home of Montgomery county.
Really, really wants to be DW's lawyer!
I don't think he is a suspect, but I do wonder why such a prominent person such as mr. Flick is involved.

Interesting info! My great-aunt married a silent movie script writer. We have only recently found out he was also a D.A. at one time in our city. He ended his one-script wonder career with a public, anti-semetic rant against Hollywood in general, and his employers specifically. He was a whack-job and probably a first-rate intellect.
The two, personal eccentricities and sterling cred in the arts, law, medicine, etc. often go together.

I think DW is lucky to have this <modsnip>in his corner. I once had lunch with a retired defense lawyer who told me, that among all defendants, any defense lawyer worth her salt would most want to represent the Uni-bomber. Why? Because at the time he was so very unpopular and vilified far and wide. What a test of one's lawyering chops that case would be and it embodied the foundational ideals behind our American system of law: EVERY ONE is innocent until proven guilty. EVERYONE deserves due process, equal to every one else.
Unlike Russian in the old days, we have an adversarial system of justice.
Maybe the <modsnip> is just bringing his inimitable skill-set to this case, same as we are, but from a position on the other side of the aisle.
He thought he was giving therapy to NBA players.
He thinks he is giving good counsel to DW via the press.
I doubt he has anything to lose or win here, just indulging himself as we all are, but on a more spacious platform.
Sometimes the best defense is the most outrageous.
Columbian neckties?
VAST conspiracy to plant "mountains of evidence" in the first half hour of finding a double homicide and succeeding at same?

True, no one has been arrested but MSM did release that two of the females initially detained cashed money orders related to the situation.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Did she buy them or cash them? If she cashed them is there a link to that information?

TIA

I have it noted on my calendar that a hearing for Dylon Wint is next Monday, June 22nd, at 10:45 AM Washington DC time.

Also, this is a good article to go back and read again:

Suspect in quadruple killings captured in D.C., police say
Washington Post
By Peter Hermann, Lynh Bui and Clarence Williams
May 21, 2015

"For the first time, Lanier told residents that the suspect in the homicides that have riveted the Northwest neighborhood had targeted his victims. Wint had worked for American Iron Works, a large distributor of iron and steel based in Hyattsville and run by Savvas Savopoulos, who along with his family was active in Washington-area society, business and fundraising circles. Lanier would not say when Wint worked there. A court record describes him as a certified welder."​

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...707c0c-ffa7-11e4-833c-a2de05b6b2a4_story.html

I just read this again. I hope I was not coming across as not excited about the idea of it being a red striped or racing bag! I thought it was interesting that JW, himself, referred to his bag as "a red bag" whereas LE referred to it as red lined in the pic. Anyway, it's been discussed every which way. What bag would JW most likely own and bring for a package pick up? Racing bag or sports bag probably. But some thought he might carry his own bank bag for the financial transactions he does for SS. I was leaning toward bank bag because you would need a pretty big envelope for a racing bag! (I am picturing it.) But, I also think it's completely possible that JW's second story about delivering the money was just that. No way to know if it's true at THIS point. IMO! :) :)
I was thinking it was a napsack "i.e. mochilla" with a red lining. Too bad his GF didn't share the pictue.

Oh, no! I was referring to my own excitement, lol - laughing at myself is all. Truth be told, because my world revolves all around me, I was excited of being shown another perspective and honesttogosh that cracks me up every time! Less about the red bag per se. It just fascinates me to realize (because I often forget) how our understandings can differ of a simple word, phrase or description can be interpreted.

I'd been having my version of the red bag or red lined bag in my minds eye, then that delightful WSer posted a fresh and different perspective to me. Others may have already thought about that, but I hadn't and it just brightened me up and I wanted to share. Sometimes, we think we're talking about the same thing, but we discover we're not. It was a laugh at myself about how easy it is to misunderstand each other in life and especially in online forums.

Hate to beat a red bag to death, but just using it as an example. We think we know what that might mean, but we won't really know until we see it. It depends on the person who described it to begin with, what they saw it as, or perceived it to be, the way they described it in writing, JW's meaning, LE's interpretation, etc. Then as receiving human beings, we put our own preconceived thoughts and assumptions about what it looks like. I hope I'm describing this okay. :/ I mean that sometimes I never give it a second thought until something opens my eyes. :D

I'm just easily amused and I must disclose to having two cups of coffee and a piece of *sigh* vegan chocolate cake with banana coconut frosting for breakfast right before I posted that. No excuse for this manic post, lol. :blushing:

Bottom line: I no longer have any idea what I think it looks like. I keep seeing red bags everywhere these days. :/

IMO, that means that one of those 5 arrested with DDW that night is an employee but not a POI. But that is just my take on that statement.

Okay, I just read up on Amerit's various services. I can't imagine a legitimate reason for an employee of theirs to be driving around Washington DC at night as part of a convoy accompanying an accused murderer. Even if he/she were on their way to a service call, they wouldn't be dragging along all of these people. So, presumably, an employee borrowed that very large, very conspicuous, vehicle for some other purpose. What, I don't know. They may not be a POI for the police, but I bet they had a lot of explaining to do, and I'm assuming they are now jobless.

JMO, etc.

As an aside, does anyone think that the boot/shoe print from the door looks small? I'm not good at calculating comparative size (in relation to the doorknob, for example), so maybe it's just the way the photograph was taken. (?)

Okay, I just read up on Amerit's various services. I can't imagine a legitimate reason for an employee of theirs to be driving around Washington DC at night as part of a convoy accompanying an accused murderer. Even if he/she were on their way to a service call, they wouldn't be dragging along all of these people. So, presumably, an employee borrowed that very large, very conspicuous, vehicle for some other purpose. What, I don't know. They may not be a POI for the police, but I bet they had a lot of explaining to do, and I'm assuming they are now jobless.

JMO, etc.

Not denying any of that is probably true!

JMO, etc.

If the truck had expensive equipment in it, I doubt if they were permitted to take it home and park it in their driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO, etc.

The 20/20 report also said the truck had North Carolina plates

I think it would be interesting to find out who has represented mr. Wint in the past. Has he had the benefit of expensive legal counsel?
Representing anyone in a complex multi homicide murder trial is a vast undertaking.mr. Flicker is going to need more than a paralegal for this defense team,if he represents mr. Wint at trial. I would imagine legal costs to be well over 500k. I still find it odd that flicker is doing this.
Interesting info! My great-aunt married a silent movie script writer. We have only recently found out he was also a D.A. at one time in our city. He ended his one-script wonder career with a public, anti-semetic rant against Hollywood in general, and his employers specifically. He was a whack-job and probably a first-rate intellect.
The two, personal eccentricities and sterling cred in the arts, law, medicine, etc. often go together.

I think DW is lucky to have this <modsnip>in his corner. I once had lunch with a retired defense lawyer who told me, that among all defendants, any defense lawyer worth her salt would most want to represent the Uni-bomber. Why? Because at the time he was so very unpopular and vilified far and wide. What a test of one's lawyering chops that case would be and it embodied the foundational ideals behind our American system of law: EVERY ONE is innocent until proven guilty. EVERYONE deserves due process, equal to every one else.
Unlike Russian in the old days, we have an adversarial system of justice.
Maybe the <modsnip> is just bringing his inimitable skill-set to this case, same as we are, but from a position on the other side of the aisle.
He thought he was giving therapy to NBA players.
He thinks he is giving good counsel to DW via the press.
I doubt he has anything to lose or win here, just indulging himself as we all are, but on a more spacious platform.
Sometimes the best defense is the most outrageous.
Columbian neckties?
VAST conspiracy to plant "mountains of evidence" in the first half hour of finding a double homicide and succeeding at same?

Did she buy them or cash them? If she cashed them is there a link to that information?

TIA

Tweet by Anderson Cooper 360

2 people w/ #MansionMurders suspect #Wint during his arrest cashed money orders for $2,500 - @PamelaBrownCNN reports pic.twitter.com/0iT1uGgn0J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1