DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The truth about what you did only a few hours before is not confusing or complicated. LE wasn't asking him what he did 2 months ago. These were easy questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are absolutely right. No one asked him, "What are the colors in the drapes in the windows of the house where you parked your car?" He "lied" (LE used that specific word) about the most predictable and easy questions he could have been asked.

I also believe the last call to him..unanswered...was pre-arranged so that it would solidify his alibi. DW was told not to kill the victims until after he had made the call, and W-1 could "prove" he was far away.

I don't expect to convince others. But neither will I be convinced until LE formally clears him and not through one anonymous leak to one reporter. The leaks casting suspicion were far more numerous and the Charging Doc did not cite anyone else's discrepancies and deem them "lies."

Time will tell. My opinion only.

And why would DW care when or if JW left Lowes? What difference would it make?

Maybe he left after the call to go back to the house before he got the call from AIW?

I see no issue at all with the fact that JW took a picture of some but not all of the money. His purpose was to show a whole lotta money, not to make some kind of formal accounting. He dashed off a picture to try to impress his girlfriend. Nothing to see here. I think at this point we've gone round and round about JWand there just isn't anything there. As for rumors of SS' business practices, those existed well before the murders and could be the reason JW thought there was something not kosher about the money and lied. I do not think SS' business practices had anything to do with the murders. I think DW was an angry psychopath bearing a grudge and brought in some others to help.

Yeah but to show "a whole lotta money" would you include the other two stacks? 4 stacks is more impressive that two.

Also I remember the press reporting or something about ONE money band being evident in the photo. Why wasn't there a second one evident in the photo? Did he remove it?

Yeah but to show "a whole lotta money" would you include the other two stacks? 4 stacks is more impressive that two.

Also I remember the press reporting or something about ONE money band being evident in the photo. Why wasn't there a second one evident in the photo? Did he remove it?

When it comes to JW, who knows anything for a fact. From what was posted here, he more than likely wildly inflated the value of the Mosler stating it is $700,000. Multiple posters here researched and found that particular model is likely worth between $200k-$300k. Just another example. IMO, he lies even when not necessary but also when he feels it IS necessary. And recants when called out on it. He is way overly impressed by money, cars and people outside his economic circle. He is delusional about his racing career. I bet he fooled a lot of people. My opinions about this are based on what is known publicly and people I have met in real life. So admittedly, my info is limited by not having met him personally. I do have enough info to know I would never hire him for anything. I am NOT implying he is complicit in this crime though.

I agree with you. But as impressed as JW is with money it only makes sense that he didn't take a photo of 4 stacks of money because he never had 4 stacks of money. With all we know about him, if he could've he would've.

I agree with you. But as impressed as JW is with money it only makes sense that he didn't take a photo of 4 stacks of money because he never had 4 stacks of money. With all we know about him, if he could've he would've.

IMO it's been verified by LE through the accountant, bank manager and bank video that $40K was given to JW

I see no issue at all with the fact that JW took a picture of some but not all of the money. His purpose was to show a whole lotta money, not to make some kind of formal accounting. He dashed off a picture to try to impress his girlfriend. Nothing to see here. I think at this point we've gone round and round about JWand there just isn't anything there. As for rumors of SS' business practices, those existed well before the murders and could be the reason JW thought there was something not kosher about the money and lied. I do not think SS' business practices had anything to do with the murders. I think DW was an angry psychopath bearing a grudge and brought in some others to help.

I'm not seeing how lies about red bag/ manila envelope/locked or unlocked car door could in any way protect SS in the event money wasn't kosher. How would those lies help? I'm not seeing it. For the record, I've not seen one iota of evidence that SS business practices weren't kosher. Did JW think he was capable of monitoring SS business and making decisions for him? Doesn't make sense to me.

Well maybe he split it with the accountant or someone before the time he took that photo. There is no way JW wouldn't have taken a shot of 4 stacks imo.

Well maybe he split it with the accountant or someone before the time he took that photo. There is no way JW wouldn't have taken a shot of 4 stacks imo.

It seems that after he sent the pic the recipient asked "how much" and he replied "40". IMO he opened the bag, took a quick pic which happened to capture two of the four bundles then continued on towards SS house.
JMO

IMO there is no evidence at all suggesting the accountant split the money.

I disagree. The truth about what you did only a few hours before is not confusing or complicated. LE wasn't asking him what he did 2 months ago. These were easy questions.

JMO

I am leaning towards his involvment.

I am disappointed that LE has not seemed to make much progress in arresting anybody else for this crime. The perp either had help or he didnt. So why is nobody else arrested at this point.

There has been plenty of time to get to the bottom of this. I dont have confidence in the investigation right now. They found the 1st guy quick but when they let the other people go so quickly I was shocked. I still think it was wrong to let the others go so quickly.

$20,000 is a whole lotta money to me. I don't get the suspicion here. He took a picture of some money. He texted it to his girlfriend. Its really a huge stretch to say that because he didn't happen to include all the money in the picture that he took some. When I was at the Grand Canyon years ago I took pictures of part of the canyon because it looked cool. Just because I didn't try to get more in teh picture doesn't mean it wasn't there.

And he left for the house after he heard about the fire.

I think the Amerit truck is key and involves where they were going. If they were going to the Club they wouldn't be in a convoy with the truck.

Well-put. A model of succinct reasoning.

I'm not seeing how lies about red bag/ manila envelope/locked or unlocked car door could in any way protect SS in the event money wasn't kosher. How would those lies help? I'm not seeing it. For the record, I've not seen one iota of evidence that SS business practices weren't kosher. Did JW think he was capable of monitoring SS business and making decisions for him? Doesn't make sense to me.

The lies or mistakes really bother me. He knew how serious the questions were. I think the lies he told are a hint that something is not right about him. I could be wrong of course.

If he did make honest mistakes in his answers I will be surprised. He knew how serious this was so not sure why his answers changed.

And if there were/are rumors, its total garbage. And people usually try to point fingers in that direction out of jealousy or false logic. 99% of the time rumors of those types are circulated amongst a demographic of people who know zero things about running businesses or managing wealth at the scale to which SS was.

There was nothing about SS business interests that seem the least bit bizarre or shady. Nada. Nope.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I'll break it down. JW arrives at the fire. Its obviously really bad and he probably knows there are deaths but he does not know that his boss is dead. (They had not identified the body and in fact they thought that body might have been an employee.) So he's thinking he's involved in some way because he dropped off the money, as requested. He doesn't know whats going on but he thinks he needs to protect his boss. The source of the money was odd, it came from someone's pocket, so he lies and says he saw it being withdrawn from the bank. He left it in an unlocked car which in retrospect seemed reckless so he lies and says the car was locked. I don't know why he lied about the request coming that morning instead of the night before but I suspect he was trying to make it seem more spontaneous and not part of some kind of plan.

This has nothing to do with JW monitoring SS' business practices. Its about JW making guesses, perhaps because of SS' reputation, perhaps because of previous errands or perhaps simply because of the oddness of the request.

There is no connection between JW and DW, proximity of large apartment complexes aside. They seemed to move in different worlds.

I would like to know whether J.W.'s car was released back to him.

I understand what you are saying. But we do know that SS did have a few of the conversations himself. He must have spoken personally to the bank manager and to his accountant. And to his sister. And perhaps to Vera's husband, but we don't know for sure.

So because he did talk to some people himself, it makes me more open to the possibility that he did indeed talk to ,or text, JW.

I just cannot believe that JW would be driving to his bosses, knowing there was a home invasion going on, that he himself was a part of--and he would stop to text a pic to his gf of the $ he was stealing. I just cannot see him doing that.

I could be totally wrong. And maybe I should start to tenderize my hat? IDK

Hah Hah. I'm starting to pull out my hair. If anything, the silly pic text to GF, as you say, puts a check in the not-complicit column.

2020.jpg

How can see how only 2 stacks would be visible and depending on how the stacks are laying, only 1 band might be visible. jmo

$20,000 is a whole lotta money to me. I don't get the suspicion here. He took a picture of some money. He texted it to his girlfriend. Its really a huge stretch to say that because he didn't happen to include all the money in the picture that he took some. When I was at the Grand Canyon years ago I took pictures of part of the canyon because it looked cool. Just because I didn't try to get more in teh picture doesn't mean it wasn't there.

And he left for the house after he heard about the fire.

But unlike the entire Grand Canyon, 4 stacks easily fit in a photo. JW seems like a guy that would love to lie in a bed covered with 100 dollar bills. It's so out of character for him not to pose all 4 stacks in the picture to impress his GF.

The money band is interesting to me because "money bands" were listed as items to be searched for in the SW for JW's car. At least at some point it seems that LE thought JW may have removed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy