DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;610824475295240192]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/610824475295240192[/video]
Daron Wint just appeared in court. Told judge he has hired Fairfax defense attorney Sean Hanover. Preliminary hearing moved to July 2nd.

I don't have inside information. I am aware of rumors that have circulated among people who knew the family, that I have not posted. I have heard nothing about JW that wasn't reports. A lot of things are very weird. A lot of people behaved strangely. There may not be a unified theory to explain it all.

Neither of the two attorneys of record, now, have much criminal law experience. Thats not even getting to the particular experience of murder cases. Do they have the resources to conduct their own investigation, hire experts, etc ? With PDS all that would be paid for but I don;t know that the court will pay to support the defense by hired guns.

DW has been arrested a lot but I believe most, if not all, of those charges were ether dropped or resulted in plea deals. I don't think he's been arrested in DC before. People with experience in the system in DC would know to stick with PDS.

The one thing about JW that makes me think he could be innocent is why wouldnt he just take his share of the money before he left the bag at the house?

Maybe he did take some? Maybe he took 5K before he put the bag in the car?

Do we know how much money has been recovered?

We actually have no idea that JW left the bag in the car. (That was just his second story and one that LE didn't believe since they thought there was a chance he could have held onto it, contrary to his story.) The money that has been reported to have been found with DW and his convoy posse, plus his $1k UBER ride adds up to almost half the ransom money. And it's likely he spent a couple K's after his payment. That doesn't mean that he didn't have more or even all them money somewhere, but a coincidence that he was caught with roughly half. Unless one believes "there are no coincidences!" :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We actually have no idea that JW left the bag in the car. (That was just his second story and one that LE didn't believe since they thought there was a chance he could have held onto it, contrary to his story.) The money that has been reported to have been found with DW and his convoy posse, plus his $1k UBER ride adds up to almost half the ransom money. And it's likely he spent a couple K's after his payment. That doesn't mean that he didn't have more or even all them money somewhere, but a coincidence that he was caught with roughly half. Unless one believes "there are no coincidences!" :)

If JW was involved why would he skim money off the top rather than wait for his cut? DW is not someone you want to anger.

I don't have inside information. I am aware of rumors that have circulated among people who knew the family, that I have not posted. I have heard nothing about JW that wasn't reports. A lot of things are very weird. A lot of people behaved strangely. There may not be a unified theory to explain it all.

You were on the scene like asap after it happened. Which means you may not know it but you can definitely be a huge help in this case!

It's good to get all perspectives on this- especially local people, who are near them. Any ideas as to who else could be involved that maybe we haven't thought of?

Sorry for a billion questions, but I'm genuinely interested. We haven't had any really new info lately and this tragedy really strikes me as to how such terrible things be done to a mom, a dad, and a little kid, trusted long-time housekeeper. The thought of what happened to them haunts me- the fear and pain they felt in their last moments of life. Awful.

[video=twitter;610837053765517312]https://twitter.com/EmilyMiller/status/610837053765517312[/video]

Here's a close-up of Hennessey's sketch of Wint and his new lawyer in court today

Neither of the two attorneys of record, now, have much criminal law experience. Thats not even getting to the particular experience of murder cases. Do they have the resources to conduct their own investigation, hire experts, etc ? With PDS all that would be paid for but I don;t know that the court will pay to support the defense by hired guns.

DW has been arrested a lot but I believe most, if not all, of those charges were ether dropped or resulted in plea deals. I don't think he's been arrested in DC before. People with experience in the system in DC would know to stick with PDS.

I agree with you on the PD = awesome experience point. I'm kind of biased though because one of my closest friends is a PD here in NY :)

Most of them were either dropped or it looked like youthful offender status (or ACD if you're an adult) and he was jailed up here in NY as well (not sure of the dates).

It's more like the sheer number of arrests and police involved calls with violence and out of control behavior escalating that strikes me as scary. At least four peace orders (orders of protection, restraining orders) in MD that we know of.

I assumed "this incident" was referring to the burning car at 5:30 on May 14. House fire was at 1:15 and I opine that police began tracking the phones within one or two hours. I have been reluctant to contact the OP of this tweet but maybe he could explain the tweet. Was he pinging or listening to police radio communications?

Is there not a time stamp on the tweet?

If JW was involved why would he skim money off the top rather than wait for his cut? DW is not someone you want to anger.

Half seems like a good cut. (Although DW did seem to get angry about something and called JW at 11:54.)

Half seems like a good cut. (Although DW did seem to get angry about something and called JW at 11:54.)

Big assumption there. It was more likely SS calling him.

If JW is involved, it is possible that he is the Planner and DW, the muscle. The arrangement could have been..."I'll drop off your half of the money. Give me some time after that because I need to establish an alibi far from here. Call me from SS's phone when you call. I won't answer, but I'll be covered then, just in case."

I don't think he even put the money in the car. That's why he was tripped up over lock/unlock. I think he either handed to DW or another accomplice.

Perhaps they went to one of Jose Baez's lectures and learned that if you don't have much $$ from your business, get a high profile client to hire you, then claim indigence and a least for two years you have your bills paid for by the state and can get notoriety :floorlaugh:

Appreciate your posts! :daisy:

Police documents show there were reports of unusual activity in the neighborhood. Neighbors reported seeing a man banging on the door of one home. There was an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman at another house and reports of a prowler.

A witness also reported seeing what could have been Savopoulos' blue Porsche speeding down the street the day before the deaths were discovered.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/18...-killed-in-dc/ (from Carolyn1963 link above)

Thank you for this link. Two important statements from that link stand out to me, bold above.

Reports of a prowler, I'm not sure we could find out what time this prowler was reported? However it was concerning enough for someone to report him/her. This could be a huge clue as to the timeline and possibly finding a camera near where this prowler was when reported.

If it was the Porsche owned by the Mr & Mrs S family, I'm thinking it was not driven by Mr S or Mrs S. This is their neighborhood, they had a child that lived in the neighborhood. My opinion would be the couple would be most respectful and not be speeding. They both appear mature and responsible.

I'm hoping LE is able to salvage video from security cameras to add/support evidence. A good timeline supported by video to catch all involved and secure a guilty verdict to those involved.

I did a simple Google search. they function as mobile garages.

I don't have a link, but that's why I can't stop thinking about it.

I read somewhere that JW had recently driven SS and PS to a race. (In NC or FL if I am remembering correctly, I'll look for a link after work tonight).But it doesn't say what the car they raced was driven in.

That's why I'm bringing it up. The lack of link around that gives me pause as I wonder if it is still yet to be released.

The kart was certainly not driven to the races itself. So how did it get there?

JMO, but I still think there could be a link between JW and the Amerit truck and I hope it's addressed through SW release or LE at some point.
Carts and race cars are generally transported in trailers similar to these photos. That is not to say an Amerint truck might show up at the track. I believe SS's style would favor the most popular rig for the cart, tool boxes and accessories. Haulmark brand is popular with racers.

Savopoulos, Philip 1.jpgSavopoulos, Philip 2.jpg

So dw didn't inform him that he intended on starting a fire which made him believe he had time to come back before any one noticed the deaths? Hmmm ok. I can see that.
Theory: The 11:54 a.m call to JW while he still at Lowes is actually DW sending an agreed upon signal from SS phone. The ring signals "We are finished here, packing it in."
JW can leave Lowe's as he no longer needs alibi. By noon he's under way when AIW calls him about fire and where's SS? Figuring DW went AMOK, JW tries to raise SS, then AS. He could be genuinely concerned, hopes DW didn't kill them, or he could be concerned that he continue playing dutiful driver role, rushing to the fire seeing how he can help.
That the 11:54 call is not from SS makes most sense to me. If JW is not complicit he would have answered SS right away or as soon as he could get reception, call him back. Why would SS need him now. He may be dead. If he is making a last ditch attempt to round up more cash, he's calling his driver who has no authority to make that happen. Does he leave a voice mail,"Jordan stand by. Might need you to deliver again. Calling the bank now. Calling accountant to get it and then you deliver as before." Frankly, my dear, I don't think so.
The unanswered 11:54 a.m. call puts a check in the "complicit" column.
But the call does not tell us if Jordan was in on the armageddon plan or just wanted to drum up some money they wouldn't even miss, not a hair touched on anybody's head.

So dw didn't inform him that he intended on starting a fire which made him believe he had time to come back before any one noticed the deaths? Hmmm ok. I can see that.

In this theory, he comes to the fire as the concerned employee, not someone who ends up being interrogated with his car impounded. Miscalculation. Also, apparently his father is a former police officer, so JW thinks he has an "in" with LE. I kind of like the theory that DW is angry at JW, so he takes it out on the hostages.

I don't think JW is the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it makes sense to agree with each other that it is better to split the money at the time of the drop-off rather than waiting for later. Waiting for later would bring more risk of surveillance and/or a connection being discovered. And, I repeat, this is only theoretical on my part. I have no opinion either way of JW involvement.

Big assumption there. It was more likely SS calling him.

If it was SS calling him, it was at the instruction of DW. In either case someone was desperate to reach JW an hour after the money drop.

Carts and race cars are generally transported in trailers similar to these photos. That is not to say an Amerint truck might show up at the track. I believe SS's style would favor the most popular rig for the cart, tool boxes and accessories. Haulmark brand is popular with racers.

View attachment 76444View attachment 76445
Thanks lots Rosejs and Facundo! I know this Amerit truck means something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member