DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theory: The 11:54 a.m call to JW while he still at Lowes is actually DW sending an agreed upon signal from SS phone. The ring signals "We are finished here, packing it in."
JW can leave Lowe's as he no longer needs alibi. By noon he's under way when AIW calls him about fire and where's SS? Figuring DW went AMOK, JW tries to raise SS, then AS. He could be genuinely concerned, hopes DW didn't kill them, or he could be concerned that he continue playing dutiful driver role, rushing to the fire seeing how he can help.
That the 11:54 call is not from SS makes most sense to me. If JW is not complicit he would have answered SS right away or as soon as he could get reception, call him back. Why would SS need him now. He may be dead. If he is making a last ditch attempt to round up more cash, he's calling his driver who has no authority to make that happen. Does he leave a voice mail,"Jordan stand by. Might need you to deliver again. Calling the bank now. Calling accountant to get it and then you deliver as before." Frankly, my dear, I don't think so.
The unanswered 11:54 a.m. call puts a check in the "complicit" column.
But the call does not tell us if Jordan was in on the armageddon plan or just wanted to drum up some money they wouldn't even miss, not a hair touched on anybody's head.

If you used that at a closing statement to a jury. Wether innocent or guilty; JW would be going down.

That is a great and possible theory.

Now you have to tie in the reason for having the mosler registration papers since the jury is looking for the nail in the coffin.

Theory: The 11:54 a.m call to JW while he still at Lowes is actually DW sending an agreed upon signal from SS phone. The ring signals "We are finished here, packing it in."
JW can leave Lowe's as he no longer needs alibi. By noon he's under way when AIW calls him about fire and where's SS? Figuring DW went AMOK, JW tries to raise SS, then AS. He could be genuinely concerned, hopes DW didn't kill them, or he could be concerned that he continue playing dutiful driver role, rushing to the fire seeing how he can help.
That the 11:54 call is not from SS makes most sense to me. If JW is not complicit he would have answered SS right away or as soon as he could get reception, call him back. Why would SS need him now. He may be dead. If he is making a last ditch attempt to round up more cash, he's calling his driver who has no authority to make that happen. Does he leave a voice mail,"Jordan stand by. Might need you to deliver again. Calling the bank now. Calling accountant to get it and then you deliver as before." Frankly, my dear, I don't think so.
But the call does not tell us if Jordan was in on the armageddon plan or just wanted to drum up some money they wouldn't even miss, not a hair touched on anybody's head.

GOOD theory! I'll also raise you by a: theoretical "jw may have not been involved in armageddon, but DW enacted it when he realized JW already took his cut, whereas DW said something like '40k dropped off and after the signal we'll meet and split it'" (all speculation of course)

DW possibly wanted all of it and was going to split before giving accomplice a cut in typical criminal fashion? So he went nuclear when he got hosed instead? MOO of couse!

If you used that at a closing statement to a jury. Wether innocent or guilty; JW would be going down.

That is a great and possible theory.

Now you have to tie in the reason for having the mosler registration papers since the jury is looking for the nail in the coffin.

DW was supposed to (THEORETICALLY) drive off in the mosler that contained said cash to meet JW to slice the cash, JW possibly going to flee country (passport) and register or smog car whereever abroad? Amerit truck going along for ride as well to help with the process or any mechanical delays along the way?

Since DW lost it and went armageddon, he just ended up taking the quickest getaway possible and scrambled, hence the porsche rather than the mosler?

All my own opinions of course and speculation!

snip

I have been curious about a tweet on DCPDs twitter account on May 16. The Regional Fugitive Task Force may have started pinging the three phones immediately on May 14, even before Wint’s DNA was identified. Look at the DCPD police alert, of May 16, and this interesting Tweet that follows. It raises questions that I do not recall reading here.

<modsnip>

[video=twitter;599762429367721984]https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/599762429367721984[/video]
I cannot find the tweet you are talking about, the one about 'phones powered off'.
Maybe you can provide a screen shot, including the tweets above and below?
I would like to see it for myself. Thanks.

Added: there are plenty of courier services that don't blink an eye at picking up packages and can do so immediately. I don't get why JW was so critical. I wonder.

Agreed. JW even lied to his GF and texted "40" when it was 20. He may be a compulsive liar since he lies when he doesn't even have to. I remember LE said one currency band could be seen in the photo he texted. Had one been removed? Did he fan out the money to make it impressive in the photo? Maybe that's why LE was searching for the money wrappers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lied when he said the amount was 40? It WAS 40. Who is the lying liar?

In this theory, he comes to the fire as the concerned employee, not someone who ends up being interrogated with his car impounded. Miscalculation. Also, apparently his father is a former police officer, so JW thinks he has an "in" with LE. I kind of like the theory that DW is angry at JW, so he takes it out on the hostages.

Agree. Dw wanted more. I think jw was suppose to keep him updated about the case during the investigation. But once the fire broke out and your car is towed and you are being questioned as a poi. He was no longer able to be privy to any info on anything.

Dw than flees since he cant get his hands on jw money since jw is being looked at an questioned.

Is there not a time stamp on the tweet?

DC Police Department &#8207;@DCPoliceDept May 16

VIDEO: POIVehicle in Quad Homicide, 3200 b/o Woodland Dr, NW, on 5/14. Have info? Call (202) 727-9099/text 50411. [video=youtu;Vh8egOuX4rc]http://youtu.be/Vh8egOuX4rc[/video]
28 retweets 9 favorites

<modsnip>

Skim money off the top? Wait for his cut? He was probably the one paying DW. DW may not have known how little he'd get and went crazy and killed the family and burned the house.

[video=twitter;610837053765517312]https://twitter.com/EmilyMiller/status/610837053765517312[/video]

Here's a close-up of Hennessey's sketch of Wint and his new lawyer in court today
So, he appears to have his hair pulled back in a pony tail? If you couldn't see the 'tail' one might think he had short hair. Just a thought.

Big assumption there. It was more likely SS calling him.

I'm assuming SS did not have free will at 11:54 and DW was calling the shots. This was the last call from SS's phone. Why would SS choose to call his driver? Another package delivery? Any courier could handle that. Why would SS choose to call his driver at this point? Why was JW so integral to the whole thing? I am interested in your thoughts and appreciate your posts!

Added: there are plenty of courier services that don't blink an eye at picking up packages and can do so immediately. I don't get why JW was so critical. I wonder.

I think DW instructed SS to have JW make the drop. IMO it wasn't SS's choice, he was already being controlled. I think they would not take a chance on anyone "outside" the plot dropping off the money and maybe deciding to make SS sign for it, or come to the door at the least.

This way, with JW doing the drop...no sweat. He takes his half. Then goes off to be far away and receive his "missed" alibi call.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/18...-killed-in-dc/ (from Carolyn1963 link above)

Thank you for this link. Two important statements from that link stand out to me, bold above.

Reports of a prowler, I'm not sure we could find out what time this prowler was reported? However it was concerning enough for someone to report him/her. This could be a huge clue as to the timeline and possibly finding a camera near where this prowler was when reported.

If it was the Porsche owned by the Mr & Mrs S family, I'm thinking it was not driven by Mr S or Mrs S. This is their neighborhood, they had a child that lived in the neighborhood. My opinion would be the couple would be most respectful and not be speeding. They both appear mature and responsible.

I'm hoping LE is able to salvage video from security cameras to add/support evidence. A good timeline supported by video to catch all involved and secure a guilty verdict to those involved.

The man banging on the door or prowler may have been Vera's husband looking for her.

I cannot find the tweet you are talking about, the one about 'phones powered off'.
Maybe you can provide a screen shot, including the tweets above and below?
I would like to see it for myself. Thanks.

[video=twitter;599762429367721984]https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/599762429367721984[/video]

I totally agree with all of this!

Skim money off the top? Wait for his cut? He was probably the one paying DW. DW may not have known how little he'd get and went crazy and killed the family and burned the house.

I'm thinking some panic set in near the end. If JW was involved, he might have started to fear that SS could figure out he was in on it. "Like...why did the perps ask me to have my driver deliver the money? Why you?"

He might have wanted the Porsche and then started thinking that it was too hot to handle. He might have feared that some family member figured out that he came in the house during the drop. Somebody may have heard his voice. DW might have slipped and used his name. The hostage situation had gone on so long, maybe DW said to his "partner" in the house,"Hey, Wallace says now we have to burn the car."

If anything like that happened (speculating here)...the decision to kill the hostages might have been calculated, not done in a furious rage at all.

Or, if the horrific torture of that child is true, he might have come by to exact some vengeance of his own.

All speculation, of course.

I think DW instructed SS to have JW make the drop. IMO it wasn't SS's choice, he was already being controlled. I think they would not take a chance on anyone "outside" the plot dropping off the money and maybe deciding to make SS sign for it, or come to the door at the least.

This way, with JW doing the drop...no sweat. He takes his half. Then goes off to be far away and receive his "missed" alibi call.

In this scenario, with DW REQUESTING JW specifically, #1 it shows a connection between the two. #2 and most important: If JW was specifically requested, his identity and participation in the crime would have been apparent to SS. Since this would have been apparent, there was never ANY chance that the victims would be allowed to live. No chance at all.

Maybe JW was supposed to go back and get the Mosler after recording his presence on camera at Lowe's. DW was mad at JW so he killed everyone and set the fire so that JW couldn't go back for the Mosler. Had there not been a fire JW could have easily taken the car and hid it before anyone came looking for the S family. Maybe he thought eventually family would get concerned sent for the police to check on them and find them bound and gagged and alive. JW would just play innocent.

She asked how much was in the photo - $20K was seen in the photo - not $40K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member