DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it would seem kind of weird in that moment for SS to think "wow, that was rude of me, DW, can I have the phone so that my driver can rest assured that I received the money for the dojo." Or, for DW, himself to extend that courtesy to the driver. IMO that doesn't really make sense.

Also I believe it was reported LE does know of a connection between DW and JW. They didn't go into detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is my first post here. I had trouble finding the latest place to post ie most recent. I am not sure where to post this or if this specifically been addressed. I just joined this excellent group. The Daily Mail UK last week released Savvas' voicemail to Gutierrez the long time housekeeper. In this voicemail he states Vera decided to stay ...*

Anyway my 2 cents on this is Wint started this before 3pm when Vera was scheduled to go home. Vera and Phillip were probably alone so more easily overtaken. I remember some article stating Amy was called home quickly cause Phillip was sick, (the rouse to get Amy home)... hence the Porsche parked on the street.*

I read in another place that Amy called Savvas at the martial arts studio stating she was going out and he needed to come home and watch Phillip. So that is how Wint got Savvas home.*

This could all be possible even with Wint acting alone. He ate the pizza in the room that held Savvas, Amy and Vera.*

We know Phillip was held in his room, alone, which I believe was the room next to wear the adults were held.*

Go listen to this second recording just released. Close your eyes and listen carefully to Phillip in the background (probably alone in his room cause he is not stopped from shouting out) ...*

I think Wint is holding the phone to Savvas mouth as he leaves the voicemail for Gutierrez. Listen as Savvas states "Amy is in bed ...." Phillip screaming "No she isn't".*

This breaks my heart that this voicemail message was listened to too late and not acted on. I can't stop weeping about what horror this boy

This is haunting me. Has this already been discussed. If.so, how can I find it.

I posted my concerns on a different site to no avail. Forgive me if this is not how to get involved on Websleuths.

Thank you.

Hanover said one of the issues his firm also plans on addressing is the possibility of Wint, who was born in Guyana but is a legal citizen, being deported if found guilty. Hanover brought in one of his associates who specializes in deportation issues.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...59f32_story.html?wprss=rss_crime&tid=sm_tw_pl

I'm sure Guyana will welcome him with open arms, not. Wishful thinking like my dog sometimes. Right now he's giving me the stink eye because I forgot to give him a pizza bone.

This is my first post here. I had trouble finding the latest place to post ie most recent. I am not sure where to post this or if this specifically been addressed. I just joined this excellent group. The Daily Mail UK last week released Savvas' voicemail to Gutierrez the long time housekeeper. In this voicemail he states Vera decided to stay ...*

Anyway my 2 cents on this is Wint started this before 3pm when Vera was scheduled to go home. Vera and Phillip were probably alone so more easily overtaken. I remember some article stating Amy was called home quickly cause Phillip was sick, (the rouse to get Amy home)... hence the Porsche parked on the street.*

I read in another place that Amy called Savvas at the martial arts studio stating she was going out and he needed to come home and watch Phillip. So that is how Wint got Savvas home.*

This could all be possible even with Wint acting alone. He ate the pizza in the room that held Savvas, Amy and Vera.*

We know Phillip was held in his room, alone, which I believe was the room next to wear the adults were held.*

Go listen to this second recording just released. Close your eyes and listen carefully to Phillip in the background (probably alone in his room cause he is not stopped from shouting out) ...*

I think Wint is holding the phone to Savvas mouth as he leaves the voicemail for Gutierrez. Listen as Savvas states "Amy is in bed ...." Phillip screaming "No she isn't".*

This breaks my heart that this voicemail message was listened to too late and not acted on. I can't stop weeping about what horror this boy

I posted my concerns on a different site to no avail. Forgive me if this is not how to get involved on Websleuths.

Thank you.

It's horrific and why I'm obsessed with getting justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had to edit or in some cases remove many posts this morning ... before sufficient java, I might add.

Please do NOT bring direct quotes or screenshots of non-MSM or non-LE to the thread. Comments by individuals other than MSM/LE are considered rumor and not to be relied upon.

:tyou:

Ahhh ... Coldpizza beat me to the punch while I was busy snipping. Thanks CP !!

Is the DC Police Department not an LE Twitter account?

I don't know why everyone is so convinced that JW is involved when LE doesn't seem to share that conviction. No one has tied him to DW. He has no record. I really feel like this guy's life is being ruined by all this speculation. I understand the lies are suspicious, I was suspicious as well until I remembered that no one knew SS was dead at the time. And I think everyone has gone off on tangents about taking money (that we have no indication is missing) and signals being sent. Unless there is some connection between these men I think this is all very thin.

It is odd that JW didn't respond to the 11:54 call but a likely explanation is that he missed it and SS left a message "got the money". No need to call back. Why would he go back to the scene if he was involved? Why would he present himself to the police -- who had no way of knowing who he was at that point -- and tell them he dropped off $40,000?

There are more unanswered questions if you think he's involved than if he isn't.

Genuine question, as I am open to the idea that JW just made a really terrible mistake in lying about how he delivered the ransom money in a quadruple homicide and is 100% innocent. Given that we have heard basically nothing from LE about anything, how can one know that not hearing more about JW means that LE are not suspicious of his involvement?

If accurate/true/etc, it sounds like a reporter asked CNN's unnamed source probably (guessing, IMO) asked something along the lines of, "Do you believe that JW is involved?" That source said something to the effect of, "We don't believe he is involved, but we have not yet reached that conclusion." That is a pretty murky, contradictory statement. The other option would have been for the source to say, "Yes, we believe JW is involved." But because LE is putting out info very slowly and strategically, perhaps that source did not have the authorization to share that information, nor did that source find it smart at this time to do so (for reasons we don't know).

But he/she also did not say that is has been concluded that JW is NOT involved. That source left it open. It sounds like LE has not made (or at least disclosed) a definitive decision on JW, so I'm not sure I would jump to assumptions of what they actually think.

Thank you.

I have never felt so ill about something that doesn't involve me as I did after hearing that extended voicemail. I completely understand what you're saying and I can't stop thinking about it. It's beyond comprehension and nearly impossible to process. I have a 10-year-old son who looks a bit like Philip and I can't fathom what his parents felt. It makes me dizzy just thinking about it. There are no words that can describe the depth of this horror.

Stoic - 'a person who can endure pain or hardship without showing their feelings.'
Sociopath - '...extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.'

So, for who ever noticed that - thank you... Stoic was a horrible choice to use...

Also, I was thinking about JW's odd text/call to AS about the fire... Maybe he had been told she was sick and/or at the hospital as well. Because the 'are you okay, if so, get home,' is just off... IMO.

Bugs me that call. So he thinks she's sick, but he instructs her to leave the hospital and get to her home which is on fire? Jeeze, could he be more reassuring, offer help immediately, and check on SS since people are concerned about him.
I'd think if he's breaking the news and SS not around to help her, the call might go more like "Amy, I don't know if you have been told yet, but there's a fire at your house. The firemen are there already. Don't worry about the dogs. They are outside or we will get them out! Now please, if your'e out of the hospital and shopping or something, call me, stay put, and I'll come get you. Or I can come to the hospital. People are trying to find Savaas too. If you are with him have him call AIW when he can. I can help with Phillip. Anything you guys need."
In short, don't worry, here to help, you don't need to get in a car crash rushing to the fire and then run into the flames to rescue the dogs. Let me know what you need. Oh, and Savaas, have him call in please.
It really doesn't matter if he thinks she is sick, getting the fireman drag right now, already knows about the fire or not. I don't know tho how he'd think she doesn't know and isn't already there or on her way.
If he's bothering to call her, his call should have a purpose. But it doesn't seem to. It's window dressing. He knows she will never hear it.

SS wasn't identified until the next day. At the time at least one LE source told a reporter at the scene, who told me, that the 4th body was a male employee. But they knew immediately it was a murder scene.

We don't know what LE knew, we only knew what LE announced. My opinion is that detectives questioning JW did know -- pending autopsy results -- that the people in the house included SS and AS on the afternoon/evening of the fire. The SW initially identified PS as an unidentified adult. I believe that JW strongly suspected -- if he did not have confirmation -- that SS was in the house, as he a) was unable to reach AS and presumably SS, and b) knew SS was at the house prior to the fire, and c) that he was brought into the police station for questioning and that alone would make one suspect that a serious crime had occurred.

Genuine question, as I am open to the idea that JW just made a really terrible mistake in lying about how he delivered the ransom money in a quadruple homicide and is 100% innocent. Given that we have heard basically nothing from LE about anything, how can one know that not hearing more about JW means that LE are not suspicious of his involvement?

If accurate/true/etc, it sounds like a reporter asked CNN's unnamed source probably (guessing, IMO) asked something along the lines of, "Do you believe that JW is involved?" That source said something to the effect of, "We don't believe he is involved, but we have not yet reached that conclusion." That is a pretty murky, contradictory statement. The other option would have been for the source to say, "Yes, we believe JW is involved." But because LE is putting out info very slowly and strategically, perhaps that source did not have the authorization to share that information, nor did that source find it smart at this time to do so (for reasons we don't know).

But he/she also did not say that is has been concluded that JW is NOT involved. That source left it open. It sounds like LE has not made (or at least disclosed) a definitive decision on JW, so I'm not sure I would jump to assumptions of what they actually think.
Excellent thoughts and great post!

The only thing I'd add is let's not forget the dismal track record of CNN's use of unnamed sources in their coverage of this tragedy. I'm a big CNN fan and their accuracy reporting this case is very troubling.

We looked at Sean R Hanover last night. In addition we now have this guy:

Stephen Salwierak, Esquire
Attorney

Stephen J. Salwierak has been practicing law since 2010, representing individuals and businesses in a wide array of civil and criminal matters. Prior to joining Hanover Law, PC in 2012, Steve operated his own law practice while also contracting with major law firms on corporate litigation matters and defense against federal investigations. At Hanover Law, he provides a full battery of support for clients, focusing his practice especially on Family Law, Criminal Defense, Landlord/Tenant Disputes, General Civil Litigation and Immigration matters. A pragmatic practitioner, Steve approaches each representation by focusing on the objectives of his client, and tailors his approach to achieve the most favorable outcome by the means best suited to reach his client’s goal, and is equally adept at negotiating when possible, and litigating when necessary.​

I imagine there will be more info on him. This just for starters.

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/legal_team.php

Thank you.

Great first post. Welcome aboard CoreyRocks.

I don't know why everyone is so convinced that JW is involved when LE doesn't seem to share that conviction. No one has tied him to DW. He has no record. I really feel like this guy's life is being ruined by all this speculation. I understand the lies are suspicious, I was suspicious as well until I remembered that no one knew SS was dead at the time. And I think everyone has gone off on tangents about taking money (that we have no indication is missing) and signals being sent. Unless there is some connection between these men I think this is all very thin.

It is odd that JW didn't respond to the 11:54 call but a likely explanation is that he missed it and SS left a message "got the money". No need to call back. Why would he go back to the scene if he was involved? Why would he present himself to the police -- who had no way of knowing who he was at that point -- and tell them he dropped off $40,000?

There are more unanswered questions if you think he's involved than if he isn't.

We do not know what LE's conviction about JW or anyone else is right now. Media continues to say LE is suspicious of him. LE can certainly publicly clear him anytime they would like with a simple statement--"At this time we find no reason to......"
I have questions that lead me to answers that tend to be exculpatory: If he's involved why leave a trail of pictures of the Savopoulos's car collection, bragging about his nearness to material possessions, go on about needing money to fulfill his dreams? Why does he have no history of theft, and certainly none of violence? And on and on.

But I could raise questions about behaviors I simply do not understand in the context of what was going on. He was supposed to have dropped off a large amount of money to his boss who has a full plate and couldn't get down to the bank himself. The Dojo is opening soon. While on an errand for boss, boss phones. Why not pick it up? Why not as soon as he can, get to better reception and call him back to see if he needs help with something or if something is wrong.

One hopes neither his life nor NG or F's life or Wint's bro's life will be destroyed forever by suspicion if these are utterly unfounded. One hopes nonsensical rumors and the jealousy about the Savopolous's on the internet will die down.

I am not sure Mr. Flick has not been unfairly mocked.

Most of all, may those who grieve find loving arms surround them.

Savvas Savopoulos had called the assistant at 11:54 a.m. — the last incoming or outgoing call he made or answered before the fire.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/police-investigating-package-filled-with-cash-dropped-off-at-door-of-slain-family/2015/05/20/a100af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

Nothing about an unanswered call.

So that is the most specific info we've got then about that call? I still see only two options for why this call would happen.
1. It is an attempt to get more money/merchandise
2. A signal to JW because he is complicit--and I'm not saying he is--but it's possible

I guess a third option would be to get JW to cover for the family's absence either at the dojo or at AIW. By now, the crime has consumed approximately 21 hours of time. Time was surely running out for DW. VF's husband would surely start to become a problem because he still hadn't heard from his wife. Friends of the S family would start to investigate. DW couldn't stay holed up there forever.

It is somewhat interesting to me that a phone call was made instead of a text. If SS was still alive, did DW think SS was still pulled together enough to make a call and that it would be undetectable in his voice that something was terribly wrong at the mansion? 90 minutes after the money drop, a call comes from the phone of SS to JW. If it WAS SS making the call under the direction of DW, surely there would have been a message left. But we don't yet know if there was. IMO, if there was no message, just a hang-up, that points to a signal from DW to JW. IMO.

So, he appears to have his hair pulled back in a pony tail? If you couldn't see the 'tail' one might think he had short hair. Just a thought.

True. But can it be considered well groomed? W3 claims driver of Porsche had "short well-groomed hair" implying the hair was obviously clean and neat. In my mind I'm picturing a man with either a short hair cut or one that is close to the scalp. A man who obviously has a tidy pleasing appearance, meticulously neat . It would be interesting if a juror would consider dreads (pulled back into a ponytail) as short and well-groomed?

From Reuters:

US | Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:03pm EDT Related: U.S.
Man accused in Washington quadruple murder, arson taps new attorney
WASHINGTON | BY JOHN CLARKE

"... Hanover noted that Wint is from Guyana and could face deportation if convicted of the felony charges he faces. "He's encouraged about the case and feels justice will be served," Hanover said. ..."

"Wint's next court appearance is scheduled for July 2."​

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/06/16/us-districtofcolumbia-murder-idUSKBN0OW29320150616

I am confused. In the Washington Post article it says: "“My client is a U. S. citizen. It is very important that justice is served,” Hanover said."

I am fairly certain that I read somewhere early on that Wint had recently renewed his green card. Did anyone else read that? If you are a citizen, you don't have a green card and you can't be deported. This is not making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz