DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like this guy.

Here is the top part of his LinkedIn page:

Steve Salwierak
Attorney at Hanover Law, PC
Washington, District Of ColumbiaLegal Services
Current: Hanover Law, PC
Previous: Various Law Firms and Discovery Agencies, Whitten, et al. LLC, DLA Piper
Education: Georgetown University Law Center

The education claim would lead one to believe that he was a graduate of Georgetown when in fact, if you go further down the page you will see that

Education

Georgetown University Law Center
Visiting Third Year Law Student 2009 – 2010

University of Oklahoma College of Law
Juris Doctor 2007 – 2010

Brasenose College, Oxford University
English Legal System, European Union Law 2008 – 2008​

He has very little experience and he 'misleads', IMO.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/steve-salwierak/53/588/6bb

I think LinkedIn chooses the last thing listed in your education section to put at the top of your page under "education"

my Husb. (profession: LE) just said if convicted of charges he would face whatever sentence HERE first. Then be deported. (But added if convicted of the charges as of right now, he'll never be getting out)

Deportation should be the least of DW's worries when facing a possible death penalty.

I think LinkedIn chooses the last thing listed in your education section to put at the top of your page under "education"
Maybe. I have no idea how it works other than he has control of how he enters the information. He is deceitful, imo. He did not graduate from Georgetown.

What about twitter messages that are posted on LE account??

Thanks for asking. Just because someone responded to a tweet by LE doesn't mean you can post it here nor discuss it. There are many rumors out there and WS is not a place where we allow rumors to grow legs, that's not how we roll.

Hope that helps

Maybe JW wasn't 'in' on it at all. Maybe he got the money & thought 'what the hell, I'm taking some of this - leaving it in a garage after all, so anyone could steal it.' Then DW goes nuts because of the missing money. So JW could have been guilty of taking some money - & therefore causing their deaths... Would explain the unanswered call, the lies & the tears...

This is a direct statement from the SW for JW's car:

"Due to the facts and circumstances articulated in this affidavit, Your affiant believes probable cause exists, that located inside the target vehicle is evidence related to the murder of the four decedents, to include but not limited to, currency, money wrappers, a red lined bag, manila envelopes, banking documents from Bank of America, any photographs of money, any camera or cellular telephone that can be used to take or send pictures, cellular telephone(s) or other electronic devices that can be used to send or receive messages, forensic and physical evidence linking Jordan Wallace to this offense."

Pretty clear LE thought JW was involved. Why, only they know. One thing I find curious: the SW was filed under seal on May 15th, the day after the murders. It was not executed until May 21st at 2:38pm, when the listing of the contents of the car was made. Then it was unsealed on May 29th.

Why would LE wait for six days to look in the car if they were suspicious of him? Can that give them an excuse to detain JW for six days? Did he get a lawyer who stopped the search for a while? Or were they never suspicious of him in the first place, and just followed through with the search because they filed it? Does anybody have any idea about that wait time?

IMO, it is possible to explain away every weirdness in this case to come to the conclusion that DW and an unnamed accomplice or two or three committed this crime simply for the cash, but it gets hard when they are taken all together.

1) JW takes a picture of some or all of the money. Innocent explanation: Has never seen that much money in one place and thinks it's cool. Guilty explanation: Has never seen that much money in one place and is excited to have it.

2) JW lies about when he was told to pick up the "package," and where to pick it up. Innocent explanation: rattled. Guilty explanation: Doesn't want to raise something important about the crime's timeline, namely that the crime started on Wed. not Thurs.

3) JW lies about the money being in an envelope when he receives it, then changes his story to say he had a manilla envelope in his car that he placed the bundles of money in before he leaves it. Innocent: Rattled. Guilty: Does not want to produce the "red-lined" bag for some reason and does not want to have to explain why he brought along a manilla envelope.

4) JW does not answer a phone call from SS at 11:54 despite that he has dropped off a large sum at SS's house. Innocent: He was shopping for the dojo and didn't hear his phone and/or did not have good reception at Lowes. Guilty: It's simply a signal or there to produce an alibi.

5) JW heads back to the scene when the house is burning down. Innocent: He wants to help. Guilty: He wants to be visibly shocked at the scene and/or can't believe the house is burning since that was not part of the plan.

6) Porche is torched near JW's father's house. Innocent: Random/DW also didn't live far away and their proximity is random and may not have been contemporaneous. Guilty: Burn the car and high tail it out of there to dad's, comfort with the area, could easily pick up one of the 'team members'.

7) The Mosler's expired registration is in JW's car. Innocent: He wants it because the Mosler is cool. Guilty: He wants to use it to doctor a registration for the Mosler.

8) DW flees to Brooklyn, 225 miles away from the scene, and then flees back to the scene. Just cash: DW is unaware that he is putting himself in danger of being caught by coming back to a place where everyone is looking for him. More to the story: He is coming back to get something that was too bulky to take with him to NY.

9) DW is found with an entourage in two vehicles, including a rolling garage. Just cash: He used whatever vehicles were at his disposal, and someone who works at Amerit agreed to join the caravan. Something more: He wanted to move something big and/or had a vehicle stashed someplace that needed to be dismantled or serviced.

Have we heard anything about the Bentley?
Good work. Really does lay out the array of "weirdnesses" and also is suggestive of how they might fit with each other while allowing for the possibility of mere coincidence, expedience ( no bigger plot WYSIWYG) or innocent emotional stress and happenstance (where JW involved). And we can see how either explanation is possible for each "weirdness" cited, but that wow--lots of splainin still to do.

"Due to the facts and circumstances articulated in this affidavit, Your affiant believes probable cause exists, that located inside the target vehicle is evidence related to the murder of the four decedents, to include but not limited to, currency, money wrappers, a red lined bag, manila envelopes, banking documents from Bank of America, any photographs of money, any camera or cellular telephone that can be used to take or send pictures, cellular telephone(s) or other electronic devices that can be used to send or receive messages, forensic and physical evidence linking Jordan Wallace to this offense."

Pretty clear LE thought JW was involved. Why, only they know. One thing I find curious: the SW was filed under seal on May 15th, the day after the murders. It was not executed until May 21st at 2:38pm, when the listing of the contents of the car was made. Then it was unsealed on May 29th.

Why would LE wait for six days to look in the car if they were suspicious of him? Can that give them an excuse to detain JW for six days? Did he get a lawyer who stopped the search for a while? Or were they never suspicious of him in the first place, and just followed through with the search because they filed it? Does anybody have any idea about that wait time?

Could they have just impounded the car until they uncovered more evidence against JW. At that point, with increased suspicions, they decided to actually execute the Search Warrant.

Can they do that?

We do not know what LE's conviction about JW or anyone else is right now. Media continues to say LE is suspicious of him. LE can certainly publicly clear him anytime they would like with a simple statement--"At this time we find no reason to......"
I have questions that lead me to answers that tend to be exculpatory: If he's involved why leave a trail of pictures of the Savopoulos's car collection, bragging about his nearness to material possessions, go on about needing money to fulfill his dreams? Why does he have no history of theft, and certainly none of violence? And on and on.

But I could raise questions about behaviors I simply do not understand in the context of what was going on. He was supposed to have dropped off a large amount of money to his boss who has a full plate and couldn't get down to the bank himself. The Dojo is opening soon. While on an errand for boss, boss phones. Why not pick it up? Why not as soon as he can, get to better reception and call him back to see if he needs help with something or if something is wrong.

One hopes neither his life nor NG or F's life or Wint's bro's life will be destroyed forever by suspicion if these are utterly unfounded. One hopes nonsensical rumors and the jealousy about the Savopolous's on the internet will die down.

I am not sure Mr. Flick has not been unfairly mocked.

Most of all, may those who grieve find loving arms surround them.

JW might have made himself a target for someone like DW if word on the street was that JW was suddenly posting "humble brag" pics of his glam job driving for SS (especially if DW did still hold a mild grudge against AIW for firing him). DW would know that JW could be the conduit to SS and his money. If DW approached JW, maybe JW thought there was nothing he could do (DW is scary dude) and, anyway, what would be so wrong with taking some money from a family with enormous wealth, a family who could easily get by minus $40k or even minus $1 mil.

He simply fulfilled his role as the driver delivering a package, with a little twist--he knew that SS wasn't the one behind this particular instruction. But, really, he was just doing his job. Who would ever question that? Maybe he didn't even question it too much. It's not as if anyone was going to get hurt.

At least, not at first.

JW might have made himself a target for someone like DW if word on the street was that JW was suddenly posting "humble brag" pics of his glam job driving for SS (especially if DW did still hold a mild grudge against AIW for firing him). DW would know that JW could be the conduit to SS and his money. If DW approached JW, maybe JW thought there was nothing he could do (DW is scary dude) and, anyway, what would be so wrong with taking some money from a family with enormous wealth, a family who could easily get by minus $40k or even minus $1 mil.

He simply fulfilled his role as the driver delivering a package, with a little twist--he knew that SS wasn't the one behind this particular instruction. But, really, he was just doing his job. Who would ever question that? Maybe he didn't even question it too much. It's not as if anyone was going to get hurt.

At least, not at first.

That seems like it would be a huge risk for DW, though, that JW could rat him out before anything happened. If they were working together, it makes more sense (in my head at least) that DW was enlisted by JW. But in that case, I definitely think JW would have been trying to appear uninvolved and if anybody gets caught it wouldn't be him. But of course SS would have figured it out - so, and this has bothered me all along in pointing a finger at JW - SS would have to be killed. Every time I play out the "JW is involved" scenario, I come to the same conclusion. So either he is not involved at all, or he is, and didn't want to do the dirty work.

Thanks for asking. Just because someone responded to a tweet by LE doesn't mean you can post it here nor discuss it. There are many rumors out there and WS is not a place where we allow rumors to grow legs, that's not how we roll.

Hope that helps

That helps. Thanks for the clarification.

At least, not at first.

Plausible, but he would really be jeopardizing his sweet job for one big payoff and stepping into a criminal world that I doubt he had ever experienced. He certainly is gullible enough to try.

Maybe. I have no idea how it works other than he has control of how he enters the information. He is deceitful, imo. He did not graduate from Georgetown.

It could be LinkedIn's "fault." I seem to have LinkedIn page that I did not create--I assume they gathered the information from some of my employers websites. I'm slightly curious about what it says but don't want to create an account just to see what my "full profile" reveals.

On the Hanover Law website he's pretty clear about his education:

http://www.hanoverlawpc.com/legal_team.php
Steve earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where he was the president of his class, served as Judicial Chair of the Board of Advocates, was a member of the school’s Board of Governors. While at OU,he competed in intra-school and national advocacy competitions where he received commendations for his performance. While in law school, he spent time studying in England at Oxford University and at the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science and Gender Studies from the University of Notre Dame, and continues to live and die with the performance of the Fighting Irish athletic teams.

I found this photo DDW on the Daily Mail and also on heavy.com. It says it is DDW who also goes by Steffon. No date on photo...hair appears short to me.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/05/daron...-savvas-amy-philip-savopoulos-house-photos/9/

Per court house sketches his hair is in dreadlocks. You can't grow dreads overnight, so it would be impossible for his hair to be short at time of crime and then grow back dreads. I wonder if the male in Daily Mail photo is a mail relative of DW that resembles him? Also, would be interesting if LE has spoken again with W3 to confirm if he identified driver of Porsche correctly

I think DW instructed SS to have JW make the drop. IMO it wasn't SS's choice, he was already being controlled. I think they would not take a chance on anyone "outside" the plot dropping off the money and maybe deciding to make SS sign for it, or come to the door at the least.

This way, with JW doing the drop...no sweat. He takes his half. Then goes off to be far away and receive his "missed" alibi call.

He's very prominent, at the very center of the crime (money pick-up and delivery), and in the loop, too conveniently for my suspicious mind, and for a guy who is just a gofer of six weeks.

I absolutely agree that JW was not SS choice. I think nothing was SS choice from the moment he/they kicked their way in.

And I do question any text message sent. In this case, I think every text message suspect as to who actually sent it and who receiving.

Your post argues well for a connection between the money delivery person and a main perpetrator.

JMO

The document being referenced as the BMW SW Return is actually an Evidence Collection Log. The date on the document is the date entered into the evidence room at the PD Forensic Evidence Laboratory. The other Return documents are labelled Return and more informally list the evidence than this document. The BMW most likely was searched on the 15th rather than delayed for six days.

If this is accurate, and for discussions sake, I'm going to assume it is, then it is another area that points to suspicion. JW is employed as a driver. He should have checked his phone as soon as he left that store, because it is still a work day and SS could call at any time and ask...the man he is paying as a DRIVER...to actually drive him somewhere. The call came only 5 minutes before he left the store. Five minutes!

A driver that is not reachable is useless to have on the payroll. Prompt return of calls is key. Even if SS has told him he won't need him....if he calls, he should get a prompt return.

Then, when he supposedly hears about the fire...why when he sees SS has called HIM...why isn't he calling SS back and leaving a message for him...like "Hey, Boss, where are you? I see I missed your call and now they are saying your house us in fire!"

For all he knows, SS could be at the hospital with Amy, or at an art gallery picking up some painting or anywhere needing to get to that scene of the fire.

But he calls AS instead.

Imo, it is suspicious
Very good case based on timing as well as the reality of what his job is supposed to be about--on call to drive and do errands, especially when he knows a big project (Dojo) is underway!

IIRC one article mentioned JW trying to get in touch with SS as AIW employee had called him re: fire and to locate SS. But then why do we not hear that JW tells him "I just heard from him..." And the article I read did not provide any proof of JW attempting to reach SS or report the msg. JW had left SS. If he called him (to check if he's okay, to see what he and Amy might need, where she is so he can pick her up if needed), why not documentation from any source of the msg. he left SS when we have the one he left Amy?

Plausible, but he would really be jeopardizing his sweet job for one big payoff and stepping into a criminal world that I doubt he had ever experienced. He certainly is gullible enough to try.

Was driving SS really dream job?

Look at the job JW had until he was fired:

http://www.capitalgazette.com/cg2-arc-140321gn-connections--autobahn-20140329-story.html

Autobahn Indoor Speedway is helping Jordan Wallace satisfy his need for speed.

Since one too many concussions forced Wallace to leave behind the gridiron as a member of the football team at Annapolis High, he's been following his dream of becoming a professional race car driver.

Autobahn, a 65,000 square-foot indoor go-kart speedway in Jessup, hired Wallace as a manager prior to its opening on May 3, 2013.

Wallace said the track's ownership has been supportive - financially and emotionally - of his burgeoning career behind the wheel of cars in arena racing and legends series cars.

lRelated
HOME
Autobahn Raceway
SEE ALL RELATED

"Autobahn helps with that - sponsorships and connections," said Wallace, a recent graduate of the Skip Barber Racing School. "As a racer, this job, this opportunity, this place - it has been a godsend and a dream. I've been really blessed to have this happen to me at this point in my life."

snip

"A few celebrities have become regular visitors to Autobahn Speedway. Jonathan Ogden, a Hall of Fame offensive lineman for the Baltimore Ravens, visits with his son. At 6-feet-9-inches, Ogden somehow finds a way to shoehorn himself into a car, Wallace said.
Also, the Nitro Circus crew are often at the track, according to Wallace. While the Circus's leader, Davidsonville resident Travis Pastrana, has not yet raced at Autobahn, Wallace said the rest of the crew seem to enjoy themselves.

"We're not the only karting brand out right now, but the electric cars are what make us a little different," Wallace said. "This is the only place within two hours of (Washington, D.C.) or Baltimore that offers a true racing experience."

Perhaps the most famous frequent patron at Autobahn is Sprint Cup champion Kurt Busch, who is a part-time resident of Howard County along with girlfriend Patricia Driscoll."

THIS sounds like a dream job...with sponsorships, high profile job that makes him a bit of a celebrity.

And there's more:

"The Autobahn Speedway will employ about 25 people. For competition director Wallace, “it’s my dream job.” He has been racing semi-professionally for five years and is looking forward to directing racing league competitions at Autobahn. “We’ll have four race league nights a week here,” he said, including amateur and semi-pro leagues.
Starting in June, Wallace also plans on offering summer camps for kids, who must be 48 inches tall to ride the junior Pro-Karts. “We will have a morning camp that’s very focused on teaching kids how to be good, safe race car drivers,” he said.
Wallace also will represent the Autobahn Speedway at his own races across the country.
“I’d been looking for a company that believes in me,” he said. “When it comes to racing, there are a lot of really good drivers out there. I’ve been racing in Virginia and West Virginia for four years, [but] I’d been looking for something on this side of the beltway. This place is a Godsend.”
- See more at: http://www.bizmonthly.com/autobahn-speedway-puts-locals-on-the-fast-track/#sthash.fzaqKaDK.dpuf

Additionally, as of March...looks like he had opportunity to do some private lessons. Could be an additional source of income...like coaching at a school...in addition to his salary.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/march1...rt-and-racing-instruction-tickets-16128937085

Then...he's OUT!

Yes, driving a fancy car that belongs to someone else...or having a one-time spin in a Mosler that mostly sits in a garage...fun for a minute. But satisfying for how long? He was such a center of attention...now the rich guy in the car is always the center of attention.

He had sponsorship at his old job. Now it's a 10 year old being sponsored by his Dad to get the "best of everything."

I doubt playing chauffeur when he used to giving newspaper interviews, being a Big Man at the track, etc....is anywhere near "a dream job." No ego stroking here.

On my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member