DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a simple Google search. they function as mobile garages.

I don't have a link, but that's why I can't stop thinking about it.

I read somewhere that JW had recently driven SS and PS to a race. (In NC or FL if I am remembering correctly, I'll look for a link after work tonight).But it doesn't say what the car they raced was driven in.

That's why I'm bringing it up. The lack of link around that gives me pause as I wonder if it is still yet to be released.

The kart was certainly not driven to the races itself. So how did it get there?

JMO, but I still think there could be a link between JW and the Amerit truck and I hope it's addressed through SW release or LE at some point.

Hmmm... Something to ponder -- it's a possibility, isn't it?? Oh, one more thang:

:wagon:

to
:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

Rosejs !!

We're glad you're here!!

:happydance::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::happydance:

:justice:

On May 20, Search Warrants for the three victim’s cell phones were signed, six days after the crime. I assume police would be searching for the phones immediately after the event. In emergencies, SWs can be obtained electronically from a police on-board computer with formal SWs to be obtained later.
I have been curious about a tweet on DCPDs twitter account on May 16. The Regional Fugitive Task Force may have started pinging the three phones immediately on May 14, even before Wint’s DNA was identified. Look at the DCPD police alert, of May 16, and this interesting Tweet that follows. It raises questions that I do not recall reading here.
<modsnip>

[video=twitter;599762429367721984]https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/599762429367721984[/video]

On May 20, Search Warrants for the three victim&#8217;s cell phones were signed, six days after the crime. I assume police would be searching for the phones immediately after the event. In emergencies, SWs can be obtained electronically from a police on-board computer with formal SWs to be obtained later.
I have been curious about a tweet on DCPDs twitter account on May 16. The Regional Fugitive Task Force may have started pinging the three phones immediately on May 14, even before Wint&#8217;s DNA was identified. Look at the DCPD police alert, of May 16, and this interesting Tweet that follows. It raises questions that I do not recall reading here.

<modsnip>
[video=twitter;599762429367721984]https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/599762429367721984[/video]

WOAH. Good find! How sleuthy of you!!!

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

On May 20, Search Warrants for the three victim&#8217;s cell phones were signed, six days after the crime. I assume police would be searching for the phones immediately after the event. In emergencies, SWs can be obtained electronically from a police on-board computer with formal SWs to be obtained later.
I have been curious about a tweet on DCPDs twitter account on May 16. The Regional Fugitive Task Force may have started pinging the three phones immediately on May 14, even before Wint&#8217;s DNA was identified. Look at the DCPD police alert, of May 16, and this interesting Tweet that follows. It raises questions that I do not recall reading here.

<modsnip>

Thank you for finding something that can advance the discussion!

Could you tell if "this incident" referred to the burning car, or to the house fire?

I'll break it down. JW arrives at the fire. Its obviously really bad and he probably knows there are deaths but he does not know that his boss is dead. (They had not identified the body and in fact they thought that body might have been an employee.) So he's thinking he's involved in some way because he dropped off the money, as requested.

BBM: Why would he think he's involved in some way. What would make him immediately jump to the conclusion that the money and the fire were connected? He wouldn't have a clue there were deaths until the bodies were brought out. Did he know people were at the home?

He doesn't know whats going on but he thinks he needs to protect his boss. The source of the money was odd, it came from someone's pocket, so he lies and says he saw it being withdrawn from the bank.

BBM: What was odd about the source of money? It came from bank account/s. The accountant withdrew it at request of SS. Discussion regarding the withdrawal had been taking place over the course of nearly 24 hours. The money was handed to JW by the accountant. IIRC, it was handed over in the bank parking lot. Why the lie? Does he think nobody will check out the story?What is SS being protected from? Upon seeing the fire, why would JW think his boss needed to be protected? That is quite a leap of imagination.

He left it in an unlocked car which in retrospect seemed reckless so he lies and says the car was locked. I don't know why he lied about the request coming that morning instead of the night before but I suspect he was trying to make it seem more spontaneous and not part of some kind of plan.

What is it to him whether it was planned ahead or hatched that morning? Again, didn't he think police would check his story? Ironically, or not, he would be in a much better place if he'd told the truth. There is a reason the locked/unlocked was important. We don't know exactly why that is but it's been speculated the Mosler may have had a very sophisticated security feature that would record all access to the car. Whatever the case, he was caught in a lie about it and it's important to the police.

This has nothing to do with JW monitoring SS' business practices. Its about JW making guesses, perhaps because of SS' reputation, perhaps because of previous errands or perhaps simply because of the oddness of the request.

If JW is making judgments that his boss needs to be protected in some way because he believes rumors of unsavory business practices, then he IS monitoring his business practices and making his own executive decisions. And why DO you keep saying things about SS business practices? What "reputation"? It is not JW responsibility to make any guesses about anything financial. SS employs others to do that.

There is no connection between JW and DW, proximity of large apartment complexes aside. They seemed to move in different worlds.

I don't know if there is or is not a connection. I do know JW has told exaggerations and lies over and over again. And for some reason thought he would not get caught.

BBM: Why would he think he's involved in some way. What would make him immediately jump to the conclusion that the money and the fire were connected? He wouldn't have a clue there were deaths until the bodies were brought out. Did he know people were at the home?

BBM: What was odd about the source of money? It came from bank account/s. The accountant withdrew it at request of SS. Discussion regarding the withdrawal had been taking place over the course of nearly 24 hours. The money was handed to JW by the accountant. IIRC, it was handed over in the bank parking lot. Why the lie? Does he think nobody will check out the story?What is SS being protected from? Upon seeing the fire, why would JW think his boss needed to be protected? That is quite a leap of imagination.

What is it to him whether it was planned ahead or hatched that morning? Again, didn't he think police would check his story? Ironically, or not, he would be in a much better place if he'd told the truth. There is a reason the locked/unlocked was important. We don't know exactly why that is but it's been speculated the Mosler may have had a very sophisticated security feature that would record all access to the car. Whatever the case, he was caught in a lie about it and it's important to the police.

If JW is making judgments that his boss needs to be protected in some way because he believes rumors of unsavory business practices, then he IS monitoring his business practices and making his own executive decisions. And why DO you keep saying things about SS business practices? What "reputation"? It is not JW responsibility to make any guesses about anything financial. SS employs others to do that.

I don't know if there is or is not a connection. I do know JW has told exaggerations and lies over and over again. And for some reason thought he would not get caught.

Exactly! Great post! The garage was locked up so whether Mosler was locked or unlocked doesn't matter or make him look irresponsible either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focusing on just this part.

I agree and thats the bottom line to me about him.

There should have been no reason to lie about anything. Surely he could not have just been mistaken about all the discrepencies.

IMO
I think he felt since he was just the money man that he could never be blamed or in trouble for the actual murders. I dont think he ever expected to be grilled so long by LE and I think he may have had an agreement with the perp that the perp would never say anything about his involvement so he feels cocky that he will never get caught by LE.

If he did make honest mistakes in his answers then SS should have never hired him because he cant seem to get anything straight.

Him texting his friend about the 40K shows he counted the money.

I assumed "this incident" was referring to the burning car at 5:30 on May 14. House fire was at 1:15 and I opine that police began tracking the phones within one or two hours. I have been reluctant to contact the OP of this tweet but maybe he could explain the tweet. Was he pinging or listening to police radio communications?

The one thing about JW that makes me think he could be innocent is why wouldnt he just take his share of the money before he left the bag at the house?

Maybe he did take some? Maybe he took 5K before he put the bag in the car?

Do we know how much money has been recovered?

First of all, there were reports of deaths immediately, even before the press was reporting that it was at the Savopoulos' home. I saw an initial report that referred to the intersection but not the particular house and I was concerned it was the Savopouloses. Unfortunately I was right. I don't suppose there's a way to go back to the original reports but washingtonpost.com had something to the effect of "arson at 32nd and Woodland with deaths" by 3:00. Neighbors saw bodies being bought out and CPR given to VF (though at least one neighbor thought it was AS receiving the CPR).

JW did not see the money being withdrawn from the bank. there has been this assumption that the money came from B of A that morning but I haven't seen any report of this, just some speculation. JW saw the AIW employee pull the money out of his pockets. Was it handed over in the bank parking lot? I don't know that we know that. If I saw someone pull $40,000 out of his pocket I would think it was very unusual.

Of course JW would be better off if he hadn't lied. You can call it monitoring SS' business practices if you want but I see a young guy being asked to carry a large amount of money and put it in someone's unlocked car. If someone asked you to do that you would be suspicious. And if you did as you were told and then there was a suspicious fire and deaths shortly after, you would be scared, confused, and even more suspicious. And JW was telling himself he had to do what SS would want him to do, even though he didn't know what that was. So he lied. Frankly its a more seamless explanation than that he was somehow a double agent working both sides. And if he's complicit, as you believe, it still doesn't explain the particular lies.

We don't know "what kind of person" JW is. We don't know that he's the kind of person who would photograph $40,000 and not $20,000. We also don't know how much money was recovered from DW, or how much he spent before he was arrested.

Frankly, DW's actions should receive some parsing. Why did he go to NYC, then come back, then appear to leave again with his entourage? Why were they released? He's the one person we do know was involved and I think thats where we start.

Focusing on just this part.

I agree and thats the bottom line to me about him.

There should have been no reason to lie about anything. Surely he could not have just been mistaken about all the discrepencies.

IMO
I think he felt since he was just the money man that he could never be blamed or in trouble for the actual murders. I dont think he ever expected to be grilled so long by LE and I think he may have had an agreement with the perp that the perp would never say anything about his involvement so he feels cocky that he will never get caught by LE.

If he did make honest mistakes in his answers then SS should have never hired him because he cant seem to get anything straight.

Him texting his friend about the 40K shows he counted the money.

Or that he was told. I think most people would ask how much money they were being handed.

Exactly! Great post! The garage was locked up so whether Mosler was locked or unlocked doesn't matter or make him look irresponsible either way.

Debatable - as in maybe he was telling the truth he unlocked and locked the car. Can't get over the pic and girlfriend messages though.

I live in DC and lock my car doors even though the car's parked in the garage...this is DC, the Mosler would've been locked, regardless of whether or not it was in a garage.

First of all, there were reports of deaths immediately, even before the press was reporting that it was at the Savopoulos' home. I saw an initial report that referred to the intersection but not the particular house and I was concerned it was the Savopouloses. Unfortunately I was right. I don't suppose there's a way to go back to the original reports but washingtonpost.com had something to the effect of "arson at 32nd and Woodland with deaths" by 3:00. Neighbors saw bodies being bought out and CPR given to VF (though at least one neighbor thought it was AS receiving the CPR).

JW did not see the money being withdrawn from the bank. there has been this assumption that the money came from B of A that morning but I haven't seen any report of this, just some speculation. JW saw the AIW employee pull the money out of his pockets. Was it handed over in the bank parking lot? I don't know that we know that. If I saw someone pull $40,000 out of his pocket I would think it was very unusual.

Of course JW would be better off if he hadn't lied. You can call it monitoring SS' business practices if you want but I see a young guy being asked to carry a large amount of money and put it in someone's unlocked car. If someone asked you to do that you would be suspicious. And if you did as you were told and then there was a suspicious fire and deaths shortly after, you would be scared, confused, and even more suspicious. And JW was telling himself he had to do what SS would want him to do, even though he didn't know what that was. So he lied. Frankly its a more seamless explanation than that he was somehow a double agent working both sides. And if he's complicit, as you believe, it still doesn't explain the particular lies.

We don't know "what kind of person" JW is. We don't know that he's the kind of person who would photograph $40,000 and not $20,000. We also don't know how much money was recovered from DW, or how much he spent before he was arrested.

Frankly, DW's actions should receive some parsing. Why did he go to NYC, then come back, then appear to leave again with his entourage? Why were they released? He's the one person we do know was involved and I think thats where we start.

You bring up some great points.

Re BBM
The problem I have with that is this was LE he was talking to. The fire had just happened. He knows something really big just went down and he knows he played an important role with the amount of cash he delivered. He knew he texted his friend about the money. He knew he delivered the money.

And now he has LE staring him in the face about the whole situation and they start asking questions.

I dont think anyone who is innocent would begin lying about anything.

So IMO, he is either part of it or he is really a very irresponsible and confused person who had no business being hired.

Sorry to jump in but it is so interesting. :)

[video=twitter;610825482469253120]https://twitter.com/EmilyMiller/status/610825482469253120[/video]

New Docket entry, no changes noted yet.

06/15/2015 Notice of Filing: Notice of Appearance
Attorney: HANOVER, SEAN R. (1002709)
Attorney: SALWIERAK, STEPHEN J (1011915)

[video=twitter;610829287583784960]https://twitter.com/ClohertyWTOP/status/610829287583784960[/video]

The lies or mistakes really bother me. He knew how serious the questions were. I think the lies he told are a hint that something is not right about him. I could be wrong of course.

If he did make honest mistakes in his answers I will be surprised. He knew how serious this was so not sure why his answers changed.

I agree. Regardless of whether we think his actions/lies/two stacks or two hidden, etc., are or are not suspicious, LE DID. And just because the public isn't privy to a connection between JW and DW beyond their families having lived next door to each other doesn't mean a connection doesn't exist. We will learn if the lies and coincidences mean nothing as more info comes out. Until then, I can't dismiss them so easily.

:blink: huh? We HAVE. Posts #1-#9 on this forum would be a great place to start if you're interested in re-hashing.

We did start there. And now we are here. We are bringing up facts brought to light in police reports about the people involved. People that were previously protected by "W1, W2, W3" in sealed documents that are now becoming unsealed and identities being released.

Noone is saying for sure they think JW is involved or complicit. But a lot of things are weird and we know, for a fact from LE and court documents, that at least one other person was involved aside from the person arrested.

Since many websleuths members have answered a lot of questions (from sleuthing) about DW's actions/whereabouts/personal details etc in previous posts, maybe you, who seems to know a lot of insider information about the family can help us answer a lot of the questions that remain unanswered about the people involved whose identities were revealed by LE in official documents. Like, for example, JW. Be a pal! Sleuth it out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1