DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, soooooo anyway.......I wonder what if any news we will hear this week.

the more time goes by the more i truly believe that JW was not involved. I really believe he was the 1st one that they completely checked out. I'm leaning more towards DW's siblings and or friends. jmo

STOP THE SNARK, SNIPING, SARCASM !! Post have been removed and we all know what happens if it continues.

If you see an offensive post, use the Alert feature immediately so Mods can deal with it and not have to remove all the posts that reference it.

Play nice, carry on. :tyou:

You need to look at Oswego, NY as well

Crazy number of cases for DW. Crazy the time and expense it's taken the U.S. to deal with this .
Concealed weapons should have gotten him the boot.
He never should have been here after the first violent offense.

Another example that information, even government or court information, is only as accurate as the person doing the input. Two cases so far, state that he was born in 11/27/1906. I hope to still be driving when I'm 109 years old.

His height and weight vary from case to case. Something we see in our state as well. I continue to wonder WHY they rely on self-reporting from a criminal who has everything to gain by trying to mislead about his own appearance. He ranges from 5' 7" to 6' - 135 to 190 lbs. How do police verify who they actually have in custody. Why aren't the records changed to reflect their actual physical statistics to make sure they are who they are. Does it even matter.

sort of off topic and rhetorical, anybody here remember Dam dolls? *evil laugh*

I am not caught up on what you are trying to clarify (or get clarified), so hopefully this won't be totally irrelevant, but as per the charging doc, in the 9 AM text to W-2 from JW, the bag in the pic in which the two bundles were seen was described by LE as "red lined." However, in the same doc, LE wrote that when JW was shown the text, he admitted he lied about how received the money and put the bundles in what he described as a "red bag" that belonged to him. Red bag with red lining? Bank bag? Racing bag? Who knows. He said he placed it into a manila envelope, so it couldn't have been too big if that's the case....
sbm bbm

Could 'red lined bag' really be a bag w red stripes (and another color of stripes?)

Sometimes LEOs' descriptions seem stilted. Say, an officer describing a suspect who fled the scene - as [ht, wt, race, and] wearing pants, blue in color, and cardigan sweater, red in color. Okay, unlikely that red lined bag is red striped bag. Still open to possibility, but not sold on idea, that red lined bag is tied to race-car-related merchandise or promo item.
JM2cts, could be all wrong. Wish we cold see that pic.

Just wondering........do twins share the same DNA? I know DW is not a twin, but do siblings???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, siblings would have DNA contributed from the same mother and same father, so they would share around 50% DNA. Same for fraternal twins, since they are just siblings that were conceived and carried at the same time. Identical twins would share the identical DNA except for perhaps some somatic mutations.

Does anyone know about AS dog? I heard she had a very aggressive dog and then later i read the dog was tied outside. Wouldn't it be suspicious to have dog tied up outside all this time!!? Thanks

There were two dogs. They were in the yard. In some reports, they were chocolate labs, in others they were Chesapeake Bay retrievers. Chessies look a little like chocolate labs (though they do less commonly come in other colors, like tan) with wavy fir, so they are often confused with labs, but have very different personalities. Most labs are sort of clowns; most Chessies are dignified and even when young, less puppy-like. They have deep, loud barks and usually take time to warm up to strangers. Some can be quite aggressive with people they don't know, but are very sweet to the people they do know. T

http://www.puppyfind.com/chesapeake+bay+retriever.php

So I've tried to look up Spanish-language Salvadoran coverage of this case. Will spend more time this week cuz had time only for a little bit tonight. None of the papers seems to have run anything on the case since about 22 May. Most of what was run was recycled from the Washington Post and Daily Mail.

<snip>

The last thing I'll note here, which triggers my curiosity, is this quote from a 19 May article on: http://www.laprensagrafica.com/2015...inada-en-washington-planeaba-regresar-al-pais.

"Por el momento, los hijos Veralicia Figueroa esperan que el consulado de El Salvador en Washington haga los arreglos para enviar por avión el cuerpo, un proceso que podría durar hasta 15 días."

which translates roughly to

"For now, the children of VF are waiting for the Salvadoran consulate in Washington to arrange to send by aeroplane the body, a process which could last up to 15 days."

Does this mean that VF went home about a week ago, on the tab of the El Salvador embassy? It sounds like that's what her children were working with the consulate to do. So what is going on, then, with the ******** site? I hope it is kosher. Looking into this doesn't solve the tragedy's mystery, but I'm curious. I will try to find articles that let us know where she is, and how her community of origin is faring.

A similar quote was in a Washington Post article from 5/18, "The family is now waiting for the Salvadoran Consulate in Washington to arrange for Figueroa’s body to be flown back to her country, a process that could take up to 15 days.": http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...205826-fd84-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html.

I don't know if working with the consulate means that the consulate was picking up the tab, or if it takes time to get the necessary permits to fly a body into the country.

(This is my first post). One thing that I keep coming back to is that Amerit fleet truck they found DW & Co. with. Those trucks are commonly found at race tracks. Is that just another coincidence that JW had just worked at a racetrack and DW was found with that truck?

(This is my first post). One thing that I keep coming back to is that Amerit fleet truck they found DW & Co. with. Those trucks are commonly found at race tracks. Is that just another coincidence that JW had just worked at a racetrack and DW was found with that truck?

:welcome4:

Welcome to Websleuths, Rosejs!!!!

I agree about the coincidences. :fishy:

Unfortunatley, I think if police had gone to the door to do a welfare check, they would have found nobody home, everything to be just fine/no sign of trouble and left. They would not have busted down the door. I think it's unlikely that DW would have answered or permitted one of the other hostages to answer the door. The only thing I can think of that might have changed the outcome is that if couple patrol officers knocked on the door, DW might have decided to screw the whole thing and highed tail it out of there ASAP after LE left, without setting the fire for fear of drawing attention back to the house.

I know we are not sure at what point the broken glass/boot print happened, but if LE had thoroughly checked the property, they'd have seen that if it had been there at that time. Probable cause to go in at that point?

Last case in MD:
He filed charges against a female whose name is almost exactly the same (Off by one letter-looks like an obvious typo) as the name of the company contact at Metal Fab (ulous):
Case Information
Court System: DISTRICT COURT FOR PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY - CRIMINAL SYSTEM
Case Number: 6E00463028Tracking No:111001326925
Case Type: CRIMINAL
District Code: 05Location Code:02
Document Type: WARRANTIssued Date:07/07/2011
Case Status: CLOSEDCase Disposition:TRIAL
Defendant Information
Defendant Name: JESSIE, MELISSA
Race: WHITE, CAUCASIAN, ASIATIC INDIAN, ARAB
Sex: FHeight:506Weight:225DOB:
Address: DEF APPROX 47 YEARS OLD
UNKNOWN
City: UNKNOWNState:XXZip Code:00000 - 0000
Charge and Disposition Information
(Each Charge is listed separately. The disposition is listed below the Charge)
Charge No: 001Description:ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE
Statute: CR.3.203Description:ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE
Amended Date: CJIS Code:1 1415MO/PL L:probable Cause:X
Incident Date From: 07/06/2011 To: 07/06/2011

Snipped and BBM:

Okay, the bolded ethnic description set off a bell with me. I recall reading that JW's ethnic background was described exactly the same way. It strikes me as somewhat unusual for that description to pop up twice in the same case. Of course, may be purely coincidence. Sorry, don't have a link about the JW description but will look. So right now, going off memory.

Thanks for the background on the arrests. IMO we don't have a good number on DW height/weight because he lies on the many many arrest records.

But what was his last previous arrest prior to May 2015?

There have been numerous posts about the lack of accountability for the ******** site for VF's funeral. We need to keep that in mind before we judge anyone for not contributing, or for the fact that the fund hasn't reached its goal. There has always been the possibility of other funding sources for those expenses and her family is probably trying to maintain some privacy.

I live in DC and the Dominoe's delivery person always has me sign a credit card receipt, regardless of the amount due. I wonder why no one had to sign for the pizza...

Wint is so cruel...using a little boy to keep the adults in line and the father to 'be cool' on the phone, then killing everyone regardless. What a nightmare.

Last case in MD:
He filed charges against a female whose name is almost exactly the same (Off by one letter-looks like an obvious typo) as the name of the company contact at Metal Fab (ulous):
Case Information
Defendant Information
UNKNOWN

Snipped and BBM:

Okay, the bolded ethnic description set off a bell with me. I recall reading that JW's ethnic background was described exactly the same way. It strikes me as somewhat unusual for that description to pop up twice in the same case. Of course, may be purely coincidence. Sorry, don't have a link about the JW description but will look. So right now, going off memory.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sted-7&p=11811381&highlight=arab#post11811381

In court docs from a September 2014 offense, W1 is described as
WHITE,CAUCASIAN,ASIATIC INDIAN,ARAB
Sex:MHeight:5
10Weight:160
DOB:03/1987

This is what I found about JW's ethnic description. I find it curious. IMO.

I have wondered if the reason SS did not seem out of sorts, in some of his messages and conversations, was because at first he may have been trying to negotiate with the unwelcome guest, even listening to and trying to manage the complaints/demands, and perhaps initially it did not seem as threatening or violent. Perhaps something went exponentially wrong after the expected money drop. And, until that time, SS thought the situation was manageable.

I think Savvas was always fully aware he was trying to walk through a live mine field. Every action/word said or one bad move he did he knew could end badly for all of them. I believe Savvas did what he is known to do and that is to be a great communicator who remains calm at all times. Imo, Savvas tried to use calmness and reasonableness in dealing with Wint throughout the time they were all kidnapped. What he did do was send red flags to everyone he had some type of communication with but it fell on deft ears.

Savvas was the one he picked to do all the texts/communications and I think he made him pick up the pizza on the porch. IMO

By then Savvas was probably severely beaten himself and no danger to anyone and once Wint retrieved the money he finished killing him as well. Or by then Savvas could have already been close to death.

I think way before Savvas got home the other three had all been tied up. Wint was already there and that is why Vera didn't go home at 3pm like she normally did.

With his loved ones.. including Vera... being bound up and possibly already beaten unmercifully, Wint had put psychological chains around Savvas the minute he walked into his home and saw the other three. He would do nothing if he thought it would further ire the hostage taker. He tried his best to save them all by doing everything Wint demanded of him. IMO.

Victims want to believe there is always hope of survival if they just do everything the home invader tells them to do. Often that is not the case and the results are the same as these four innocent people who lost their lives due to having someone before them that had no mercy at all.

IMO

I think that kids & animals are somewhat more 'in tune' to things. (Call me crazy!) But maybe PS could sense the true evil & that caused him to shout, 'no she's not' - (if that's indeed what he said) - to his father saying his mom was sick. That had to take courage!

I get obsessed with a case every now & then... & I so wish it wasn't this one...

Last case in MD:
Case Information
Defendant Information
UNKNOWN

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sted-7&p=11811381&highlight=arab#post11811381

In court docs from a September 2014 offense, W1 is described as
WHITE,CAUCASIAN,ASIATIC INDIAN,ARAB
Sex:MHeight:5
10Weight:160
DOB:03/1987

This is what I found about JW's ethnic description. I find it curious. IMO.

White, Caucasian, Asiatic Indian, Arab, is a category police can click on to describe someone's race. It doesn't mean anything in particular. Probably just means somebody looks like they could be white to them.
The officers arrested in Freddie Gray case were described in the same way.
"BALTIMORE (AP) -- Online court records list the race of three of the officers charged in the Freddie Gray case as black and list the three others in the broad category of "white, Caucasian, Asiatic Indian, Arab" without specifying."
http://www.cnycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=1199198#.VX7Qa88w_cs

Just wondering........do twins share the same DNA? I know DW is not a twin, but do siblings???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

While nuclear testing is 50%, mtDNA will be the same between siblings. Mitochondrial DNA is only passed from mother to children. So all siblings to the same mother will have the same mitochondrial DNA. Therefore any loose hairs L.E. discovered will be tested for mtDNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1