DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why wasn' DW deported years ago when he viciously knifed and threatened others?
are people just born evil?
the photo of his brother scared me last night.
He also has evil eyes.......sanpaku

why wasn' DW deported years ago when he viciously knifed and threatened others?
are people just born evil?
the photo of his brother scared me last night.
He also has evil eyes.......sanpaku

Me too... The Brother looks just as evil!

I've been thinking about something that struck me when I heard PS's voice in the background of that call SS made. I have hesitated to post about this because it is so painful to think about what that poor little boy went through. But for any others who have heard it, I would love to hear your take, insights, thoughts, opinions. At first I thought he may have said "what are you doing", or "I don't want to " or something like that, but I really can’t be sure. Yet, although I could not make out precisely what he was saying, his tone was pretty clear. I heard annoyance and confusion and fear in his tone. But what struck me is that something about his tone also spoke to familiarity. In other words, if it were a complete stranger to him, I cannot imagine a 10 year old child in the scene he was in, being bold enough to speak with that tone to a complete stranger who has them all hostage. The recording I heard was not the original version that apparently had more of PS in the background.
IDK. Not sure if I’m even making sense.

I didn't hear SS call yet or Phillip's voice................:( I don't think I can............but he might of known his attacker. Maybe that is why his death was overkill. Killer must of had so much hate toward PS and knew PS would tell everything if he lived. :(

There were hundreds of people at the funeral including total strangers. (Some of those were quoted in the paper. I understand how everyone feels horror and grief over this horrific crime but there were people who were close to the family who couldn't get a seat and I don't think strangers should have been there. JMO). I don't for a second think NG was involved, and I know she must be suffering, but I see no sign whatsoever that she is close to the family or that they would want to have her talk so much to the press. The people who are close to them have, for the most part, not spoken to the press. NG has been talking a lot. I do not think she is within the fold.

My questions is why JW didn't answer the 11:54 AM call from SS or at least his phone. And yes it would be interesting to know if there was a voice message left for JW. My hunch is there wasn't.

My hunch is that S.S. managed to make that call but was interrupted by the killer(s). I think S.S. was desperate then and knew that if they didn't get help then they wouldn't survive. JMO

My questions is why JW didn't answer the 11:54 AM call from SS or at least his phone. And yes it would be interesting to know if there was a voice message left for JW. My hunch is there wasn't.

My hunch is that S.S. managed to make that call (maybe the phone was left on the bed and S.S. was able to press redial) but was interrupted by the killer(s). I think S.S. was desperate then and knew that if they didn't get help then they wouldn't survive. JMO

Question: do we know how many times the phone rang during that call? Thanks

I've been thinking about something that struck me when I heard PS's voice in the background of that call SS made. I have hesitated to post about this because it is so painful to think about what that poor little boy went through. But for any others who have heard it, I would love to hear your take, insights, thoughts, opinions. At first I thought he may have said "what are you doing", or "I don't want to " or something like that, but I really can’t be sure. Yet, although I could not make out precisely what he was saying, his tone was pretty clear. I heard annoyance and confusion and fear in his tone. But what struck me is that something about his tone also spoke to familiarity. In other words, if it were a complete stranger to him, I cannot imagine a 10 year old child in the scene he was in, being bold enough to speak with that tone to a complete stranger who has them all hostage. The recording I heard was not the original version that apparently had more of PS in the background.
IDK. Not sure if I’m even making sense.

You do make sense!!! I was horrified when I listened to the voicemail message right after it was released. But, it was also somewhat confusing. You are exactly right. There seemed to be a familiarity in the plea in the background!!!!

My hunch is that S.S. managed to make that call but was interrupted by the killer(s). I think S.S. was desperate then and knew that if they didn't get help then they wouldn't survive. JMO

If that is true, then why call JW?

RE: Pizza delivery

I too order pizza on a fairly regular basis and my customer information immediately comes up based on my telephone number; however, while I pay with a credit card, I am still required to sign the sales slip upon delivery. Without my signature authorizing the sale, the sale is not valid and cannot be processed. I've read other posters comment that they too have had pizza delivered and simply left by the delivery person - without having to sign (authorize) the sales receipt - so I'm puzzled as to how that can be?

Question. The SW for JW's car was issued on May 15. Court documented state that the warrant was executed on May 21. Does that mean that the car wasn't actually searched until the 21st?

If that is true, then why call JW?

Maybe the only button he could reach was "redial" or "last number called in". My thought is that he could not access the phone enough to press "911" so pressed a button in desperation. JMO

I too order pizza on a fairly regular basis and my customer information immediately comes up based on my telephone number; however, while I pay with a credit card, I am still required to sign the sales slip upon delivery. Without my signature authorizing the sale, the sale is not valid and cannot be processed. I've read other posters comment that they too have had pizza delivered and simply left by the delivery person - without having to sign (authorize) the sales receipt - so I'm puzzled as to how that can be?

We order pizza a lot when we are going out and have the babysitter with the kids. We pay online or over the phone and it's never been a problem. I have the babysitter give a cash tip with $ I leave with her. They never ask for a signed receipt.

I never have to sign the receipt.

I think the requirement that the receipt must be signed or not is simply a policy of each particular business. No reason the sale would be automatically invalid without the sig. Business is done every day using credit cards where no sig is necessary. Where I shop, a sig is only required for sales over $50. It is different at other places.

There were hundreds of people at the funeral including total strangers. (Some of those were quoted in the paper. I understand how everyone feels horror and grief over this horrific crime but there were people who were close to the family who couldn't get a seat and I don't think strangers should have been there. JMO). I don't for a second think NG was involved, and I know she must be suffering, but I see no sign whatsoever that she is close to the family or that they would want to have her talk so much to the press. The people who are close to them have, for the most part, not spoken to the press. NG has been talking a lot. I do not think she is within the fold.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have a cleaning woman who cleans our home every two weeks. I really like her! We have a great relationship. A person's home is one's sanctuary. To allow an outsider in breeds familiarity and possibly a friendship. IMO. My guess is NG knew the family well. She may be close to the girls as well. I find it impossible to believe the family would not want her at the funeral. SS and AS strike me as really good people who would be upset if she was not at the funeral. I think they were close. Of course, on a different level.

Just K, I just want to say how much I appreciate your sleuthing. A lot of the "sleuthing" that goes on here is just commenting and speculating, but you actually learn facts that are super-interesting and potentially very relevant. For that, I am very appreciative!
Thanks Skygirl, I like "just the facts, ma'am" and I hope that something I find will be seen by the right eyes (LE.) In this case, thanks to bondgirl, there may be another aspect to his working at Metal Fab Inc. If it turns out that he was there in 2008 and the division is some type of AIW affiliate or subsidiary then that significantly changes the last time that DDW was associated with a SS company. When I noted he was working in a metals job in 2008 it was mainly to show that he didn't necessarily lose his ability to work in his area of training after his 2003-2005 stint at AIW, proper. (Let's see if we can find ownership info on Metal Fab Inc for the years or time frame DDW worked there.)

Maybe DW didn't act alone, maybe he did, I don't know. All I'm saying is contrary to Brad Garrett's opinion that DW couldn't have done it alone, DW could very well have done this alone. IOW, it wouldn't be impossible for DW to have been able to do this all by himself.

BBM. It wouldn't be impossible for DW not to have committed the murders at all. Is it highly probable he did and the evidence points police to multiple perps? I think so.

JMO

I agree with this. Not that it's the norm to leave a pizza on the porch, but if the pizza had been paid for and there was an envelope at the door with a tip in it, I would likely shrug it off and think nothing of it. There are plenty of seemingly valid reasons I can come up with for "please just leave the pizza on the porch" and leaving the tip in an envelope at the door... I want to hop in the shower before changing into PJs and watching a movie, I have a sick child or am sick myself and need to run out to the pharmacy before the pizza arrives, etc...

I think people overestimate their likelihood of calling the police when in the presence of suspicious circumstances or witnessing something out of the ordinary. Hindsight is 20/20, so of course now it is easy to identify all of the red flags suggesting that one should have called the police. But, I doubt the surviving housekeeper NG, the husband of the VF, the pizza delivery guy, or any other rational person would have felt the need to call the police within the fairly short window of time during which the events took place. Had communication been nonexistent for 24+ hours, THEN it may occur to me to do a welfare check or call the police. Surely hostage situations and murder are not amongst the realm of possibilities one may consider upon receipt of an unusual voicemail or text message from someone, in which case there are very few situations in which one would be likely to call the police without actually having witnessed or having confirmation of a crime or emergency situation.

[Bolding mine in the above quote]

The 20/20 piece last night was very informative, if not a little over the top, in my opinion (I fast forwarded through Nancy Grace's parts because, for me, she was adding nothing to the narrative except being inflammatory). I found the information on Wint's priors, including stabbing a guy named Babcock in Oswego, NY twice, during two different encounters, very informative. Wint also stabbed someone else right after, just days after his release for the stabbing of Babcock. They also interviewed someone off camera who knew/knows Wint and said he has a hair trigger and an explosive temper.

In regards to the pizza delivery, based on what was conveyed via the 20/20 piece, Amy Savopoulos called the nearby Domino's and placed an order for two pizzas. She paid by credit card, over the phone, and requested that the pizzas be left at the front door because she was taking care of a sick child. The order and the delivery of the pizzas was around 9pm. When the delivery person got there, he/she found a tip waiting for him/her, the porch light on but the house looking otherwise relatively dark. The delivery person rang the doorbell, collected the tip and then departed.

Nothing there feels weird or strange, to me. "I have a sick child, please leave at the door", seems entirely plausible, to me, and nothing that would trigger a call to the police.

I do think, though, that Savvas and Amy were trying to get out a message(s) through their calls and texts, but could only do it in the most vague of ways so as not to the rouse suspicion of their captor(s). I especially feel that there was one moment when things could have gone a different way, and that was when Vera's husband came to the house on Thursday morning. I think he knew it was completely outside of the norm that his wife would have stayed over at the Savopouloses' house on Wednesday night. She was a cleaner, though a housekeeping service, not a live-in housekeeper. Even if her husband was told that her phone wasn't charged, etc., he was probably still wondering what was going on, so much so that he came to the house to try to find her the next morning. I believe something did not feel right to him and he was, naturally, concerned for her welfare. Some part of him, probably, still felt like something did not feel right even when he spoke with Savvas, who told him that Vera was with Amy at the hospital but, and this is me just being speculative, I think it's hard to question what is being told to you by someone who is, ultimately, your wife's employer. What if his concern was misplaced, and she really was helping out the family and with Amy, and he called the police? Would the Savopouloses be angry with him for that, think he over-reacted, and his wife would lose her job? Perhaps he put all that concern and worry out of his mind, told himself that his wife was a nice person, trying to help out this family when they needed her, and that he was being silly and was sure she would call him when everything settled down. As said above, hindsight is 20/20 and I imagine the poor husband is just wracked with guilt for not having followed his gut and called the police.

Some places don't require a signature if you pay on-line. Most of the delivery places I order from don't.

I have to respectfully disagree. I have a cleaning woman who cleans our home every two weeks. I really like her! We have a great relationship. A person's home is one's sanctuary. To allow an outsider in breeds familiarity and possibly a friendship. IMO. My guess is NG knew the family well. She may be close to the girls as well. I find it impossible to believe the family would not want her at the funeral. SS and AS strike me as really good people who would be upset if she was not at the funeral. I think they were close. Of course, on a different level.

If NG knew the family that well, I do find it very odd that she didn't check her voice mail and retrieve SS message until Thursday. If she attended the funeral, she was not captured on any of the news video near the family. I sincerely doubt they appreciate her talking to the media.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member