DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped for focus. I think that even though SS by all accounts was asking DW to pick up a "package," JW probably suspected the "package" was money and that SS just didn't want to advertise that fact in an insecure communication (like a text). He would have been especially clued in by the fact that he was sent out to meet an accountant at AIW. Otherwise, it would be more likely that SS would say "I'd like you to stop and pick up my boxing gloves," or "my briefcase," "my dry-cleaning," or "that contract I need to sign," or, or, or. Unless someone is Agent 007 and routinely trying to secrete their doings, usually people are pretty specific, even with subordinates, except when trying to be discreet, as would be the case in dealing with cash. I think the discrete language was a tip-off, and coupled with where he was told to go, he was pretty sure it would be money.

That completely makes sense! I was trying to be as objective and fact-based as possible on what was stated by JW and LE. I am sure he might've broke at some point, innocent or guilty, and admitted to LE that he knew it was money he was going to pick up. It just hasn't been reported. (That I know of.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that :) This has been a thorn in my side. As I used to work for a medium-sized urban newspaper, I would not have taken credit for research done by others. I would have said something like, "amateur sleuths, on Websleuths, have found a loose connection.... If there is any weight to this find....it could be significant. When LE was asked about this possible connection they said they were aware..."

Unfortunately, these are not Journalists...they are hacks ... the Internet makes everyone want to Be The First so no one 'checks out 3 sources' as we were all taught in Journalism...and wikipedia is considered a source...sad to say, for this generation of hacks.

Scott Peterson was arrested after the remains of Conner and Laci Peterson washed ashore on 4/13/03 and 4/14/03.

Yes, the point is that it was months after he became the sole focus of the investigation.

$1,000 DW paid Uber livery NY to DC (no link)
$10,000 in cash in truck - http://www.washingtonpost.com/postt...a1dca4-0be9-11e5-951e-8e15090d64ae_video.html video @01:06

$10,000 in money orders in car - http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/manhunt-killed-dc-mansion-murder-victims-31738740 video @6:45

$5,000 in money orders cashed by two women after the arrest (no link)

Total $26,000
Well, that's more than half of the $40,000. What was his business in NYC? Could he have fenced some stolen jewelry? I believe he has had previous issues with "receiving stolen property".

Yes, the point is that it was months after he became the sole focus of the investigation.

And from what I remember, the issue is that it was all circumstantial evidence, because of course his DNA was everywhere because he lived in the house. I am no CSI person, but it would seem easier to find DW's DNA and day "this makes no sense" while they could find JW's DNA anywhere and it could be argued that he was almost part of the family and so it would prove nothing. (Jon Benet?). Maybe even blood.

Well, that's more than half of the $40,000. What was his business in NYC? Could he have fenced some stolen jewelry? I believe he has had previous issues with "receiving stolen property".

I thought the women bought and then cashed the money orders to launder the money which would have resulted in part of that cash on board the truck....bringing total to about $20k? They needed cash money that wasn't traceable.

I thought the women bought and then cashed the money orders to launder the money which would have resulted in part of that cash on board the truck....bringing total to about $20k? They needed cash money that wasn't traceable.

That's what I thought as well

More food for thought. NOTHING has been disclosed about what, if anything, was stolen from the house. We know about the fleet of high-end cars owned by the S family. Presumably they are all accounted for. But nothing said about theft of jewelry and art work. It was reported somewhere that the family opened the house for semi-private tours to view the art collection. Perhaps this is why Mr. S had the huge safe installed in the garage- a place to keep the art collection secure while the family vacationed. IF substantial theft occurred that night, perhaps LE is hoping to be able to track down the whereabouts of theses items by allowing some of the key players to roam loose.

Good point--LE could be tracking more than money.
IIRC Early on, heard a comment on news, "obviously the folks who did this were not interested in or did not know anything about art" because the art collection left intact.
I don't know how anyone would know at that stage, aside from no outline of missing frames on wall.
No matter, your comment important--could be a diversity in stuff to track, which will take time.

I keep hoping a GF found sporting a one-of-the kind heirloom piece and then everything falls in place.

Look at DW. younger brother's MySpace page.

Examine. I am guessing who the tech guy is. Examine the background. Taking the DVR. May have been a family member or friend. The pic seemed familiar to me. I could be wrong!!!!! JMO. I have no clue. My guess looking at the clothes, hairstyles it is 8 to 10 years old.

Darrell - 10/30/85
JW - 03/28/87
DW - 11/27/80
Two more brothers, one DOB 01/85 other unk

Thx! To me, that is the same general
Age? The kids in my son's class seriously span two years, or more. But I am not trying to prove anything. So totally happy with the idea that Darrell and Jordan we're not the same age.

family in NY

The Miranda rule is highly applicable to what is going on right now, JMO! Excellent call.
Two triggers for Mirandizing 1) Police custody--this usually comes down to arrest, not detention, so you are not cuffed, for instance, and you are not made to feel your freedom is significantly impeded in some way 2) Interrogation--usually means a formal questioning with the purpose of getting information from a person in custody that may implicate him/her in a crime--"Did you club X over the head?" would be a no, no but "Can you tell us about running into X today at the IHOP? How'd he look to you?" would be okay.

I'd like others to chime in on whether or not likely JW was Mirandized. He was not in custody. Interrogated? The thing of it is, as I understand it, custody is what you are usually in when being interrogated. That you are not in custody does not make interrogation o.k. but makes it easier for police to say "we were just talking and trying to get some info. Then he said and we just asked him was he sure? We just told her that was strange because that wasn't what Y said.

It seems to me you are "on the money," that LE is avoiding triggering Miranda until they are ready to arrest so as to keep folks talking as "witnesses." I think it would be difficult for them to question JW further now (since the SW of his car) without triggering Miranda. IDK.

This isn't correct. if the person is not in custody you can "interrogate" them -- question them -- as much as you like without reading them their rights. They are free to leave. You need BOTH custody and interrogation for Miranda rights, not one or the other.

Look at DW. younger brother's MySpace page.

Examine. I am guessing who the tech guy is. Examine the background. Taking the DVR. May have been a family member or friend. The pic seemed familiar to me. I could be wrong!!!!! JMO. I have no clue. My guess looking at the clothes, hairstyles it is 8 to 10 years old.

Yeah, who uses MySpace? Is it even still around?!

That completely makes sense! I was trying to be as objective and fact-based as possible on what was stated by JW and LE. I am sure he might've broke at some point, innocent or guilty, and admitted to LE that he knew it was money he was going to pick up. It just hasn't been reported. (That I know of.)

I find the txts interesting reading. They sound to me like two guys in cahoots who know they are discussing ransom money:
What was it "I'll call when I get the package"
"Package delivered.."

So conspiratorial a voice for an assistant doing a perfectly legal errand for his boss.
I mean it's like a dope message back and forth via phone "got it?"
"yeah, good taco sauce this batch"

And what a difference in the voice in the msg. to AS as JW rushes to the fire "Hey, Ms. Amy...."

Sorry, but anytime there was texting, JMO it was to mask identity of texter.

Another thing re: txting.
Why on that day were there no other duties specified in these messages and no other subjects period. Why, only this terse, coded, money thing? No "hey, so I got the tools we needed at Lowes and we are all set, boss. I'll be at the Dojo..."

With so much going on, Dojo grand opening, in addition to the regular busy CEO's day, I'd think boss and assistant messages might refer to more than ONE duty between Wed. nt. and Th. noon. And yet, at least THESE texts, entail nothing else, as if nothing else was going on in the world of the two people talking, nothing else they COULD discuss.

JMO JW is not a suspect or POI in this case
DW is not guilty

You are wrong on that case. It was a missing persons case, if they had the body sooner, he would have been arrested earlier. I'm from the Bay Area, even talked to a Modesto cop at the time at a party. I remember going down to the bay, trying to find the boat dredging the bottom of the bay, going across the Richmond Bridge looking for it. Never found it, then the remains washed ashore on their own.
That is the point. The bodies were the last piece of evidence needed to be confident that they could get a conviction. That was long after even my golden retriever knew he was a suspect and many months after he came to be suspected by police. Just because no arrest is made does not mean someone -- like JW -- has been cleared.

[/B]
Good point--LE could be tracking more than money.
IIRC Early on, heard a comment on news, "obviously the folks who did this were not interested in or did not know anything about art" because the art collection left intact.
I don't know how anyone would know at that stage, aside from no outline of missing frames on wall.
No matter, your comment important--could be a diversity in stuff to track, which will take time.

I keep hoping a GF found sporting a one-of-the kind heirloom piece and then everything falls in place.
They hang on something, they don't just stick to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1