DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW knew how to drive the Mosler. He drove it before.
He'd know if it needed special keys.

Not if there were a transmitter that also had to be present in order for the key to work. There's no reason the owner would disclose to anyone that the transmitter was there or not there. With this security, SS would only put the transmitter in the car when it was supposed to be accessed with a key. Otherwise, the transmitter would be kept away from the car.

Which car was SS driving on Wednesday? Or, did JW drive him? Has his info ever been released? It has been bugging me for weeks. Which car was parked behind the Mosler? Is it possible that it could not be moved because it was blocked by a car? And they could not find the keys. Maybe that was the reason why SS called JW at 11:54. Perhaps if JW drove him home on Wed he inadvertently put the keys in his pocket I know most people have two sets. But we are down to one set on three of our cars from the Fobs being lost or broken.

Did any part of JW's versions of events include that SS was home with a "sick" AS and "having problems" with PS? I can't remember? IIRC he knew SS was called home from the dojo on Wednesday because AS was "going out" and needed him at home for PS. And also, did he say that's why he dropped "package" in the red car Thursday, cuz SS was tending to family?? Because if he included all of this as part of his story, it absolutely would be a logical conclusion to think SS was one of the victims in the fire.

I've settled into a theory at this point. You know, in the absence of facts.

The Mosler may have needed more than a key to start. Or a special key that JW wasn't aware of.

That could be where the plan broke down. That could be what kicked off the psychotic killing spree. Let's say JW got there to give DW his part of the money and move the car. He tried to access the Mosler, but perhaps couldn't. Things perhaps went to hell faster than SS could calm things down once DW gathered that Jesus, there's only 40, and it JW can't even get the Mosler out of the garage as planned.

So JW hight tails it out, perhaps after hurting PS, and DW and the crew go full on slash and burn.

I like you theory A LOT.

The Washington Post already knew the tentative identities of the victims by Friday press time. I think LE probably had a pretty good idea of the victims' identities on Thursday, before the neighborhood and MSM was notified. They wouldn't release that information to the public until they had official identification from ME or next of kin. VF was identified by her husband via photo on Thursday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...36d0aa-fb24-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...4df8ee-fa6f-11e4-9ef4-1bb7ce3b3fb7_story.html

Nope. The story identifying SS came out after the press conference on Friday at which Cathy Lanier identified SS. THe other article you cite does not identify him. I lived this real time. There was an active, very concerned, discussion about who the victims were. As of a few hours after the fire, they had not been identified.

Did any part of JW's versions of events include that SS was home with a "sick" AS and "having problems" with PS? I can't remember?

That's a good question. Since AS (whether she was nursing a sick PS or in the hospital) seemed to be used a prevailing cover as to why people couldn't come to door, etc., it would make sense that at some point that excuse would be given to JW. But, nothing in the docs or that has been reported that indicates JW was told anything about Amy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. The story identifying SS came out after the press conference on Friday at which Cathy Lanier identified SS. THe other article you cite does not identify him. I lived this real time. There was an active, very concerned, discussion about who the victims were. As of a few hours after the fire, they had not been identified.

Oh my gosh. I am starting to feel bad for you at how many times you have to say this :) and you were there! I don't have a link, but I read an old WaPo article last night that reported that even at 6 PM, the fathers of AS and SS did not have confirmation of the victims. How excruciating that must have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not if there were a transmitter that also had to be present in order for the key to work. There's no reason the owner would disclose to anyone that the transmitter was there or not there. With this security, SS would only put the transmitter in the car when it was supposed to be accessed with a key. Otherwise, the transmitter would be kept away from the car.

If perp wanted transmitter or extra keys, why wouldn't SS give it to him?
I am pretty sure SS would have done anything to get the perp out of there.

I wonder if SS kept the Mosler keys in a safety deposit box at the bank? I don't think any flurry of calls would permit him to let another person access that box.

I'm betting that AS kept her best jewelry at the bank. That car, like the jewelry isn't something you use very often. If the keys were in a safety deposit box, that could have really frustrated them.

First they can't start it. They get AS home. No luck. They get SS home. The banks are closed. Now they hang around till morning. But unless they take SS or AS to the bank, no luck. Both are exhausted, maybe already been through beatings. No way they can parade them in a bank.

They thought they were getting a car that the genius planner believed to be worth $700,000. They get $40,000 and can't even unload the Porsche.

The general public was informed on Friday. Anybody close to the family would have figured it out right away when SS was unable to be reached on phone or in person. The only other two options for it NOT being SS in the fire are: (1) SS is in extreme danger and under control of the perpetrators at a separate location OR (2) SS was personally responsible for the destruction and murders at the house. I don't see anyone considering Option 2. Though some posters here think that JW may have considered Option 2 and that he lied to protect SS in case SS was somehow at fault. Which I can't believe that JW ever thought that IMO.

Wonder if that's why he called his sister, maybe she had the stuff? Maybe that's why the Florida plates, possibly that's where it was last driven around? Maybe they were really going hard on him and didn't believe him, so he called her? IDK. Wonder if the call to sister was after the "package" drop?

I'm sorry to throw fuel on this discussion but although no one knew for sure, there was already concern for SS the night of the fire. I'll go on a limb to say that nobody (or very few bodies) thought he was fine and well on Thursday night or on Friday. There's a difference between what's announced and what's implied. All the news stories said that that the S's live there and with their ten year old, and in the next breath, with pictures of the S family during the voiceover, that three adults and one juvenile was found. They also announced the gender of the people who were found. If you look at dcurbanmoms, it's very clear that although there was ambiguity because of the third adult, and a rumor circulating that two maids were led away in handcuffs, most people believed it was the family. St. Albans sent out a note on Thursday night. I have no idea why people right near by would have felt any less certain, but since you were there, believe it. I live several states away and, where there is smoke there is fire, two adults lived there, three were found, and the only question in my mind was "who is the third?". Then NG started talking to the press that night and it pretty much cleared that up. So, I do not think that there was any question by Friday, except maybe in a couple peoples' minds who wanted to hear what the official word was.

Do you live in close proximity to the family? I believe it was reported JW parked one block from the home the day of the fire. I am surprised he found a parking spot. Didn't LE block the traffic?

I think that JW and DW met downstairs to deal with money and settle up. JW went to deal with the car, could not, DW lost all reason and went after SS with the bat without so much as asking how to access the car.

I wonder if SS kept the Mosler keys in a safety deposit box at the bank? I don't think any flurry of calls would permit him to let another person access that box.

I'm betting that AS kept her best jewelry at the bank. That car, like the jewelry isn't something you use very often. If the keys were in a safety deposit box, that could have really frustrated them.

First they can't start it. They get AS home. No luck. They get SS home. The banks are closed. Now they hang around till morning. But unless they take SS or AS to the bank, no luck. Both are exhausted, maybe already been through beatings. No way they can parade them in a bank.

They thought they were getting a car that the genius planner believed to be worth $700,000. They get $40,000 and can't even unload the Porsche.

You don't need to parade anybody in the bank to get into a safety deposit box. In fact it would be easier to get into safety deposit box than to withdraw $40K.

You don't need to parade anybody in the bank to get into a safety deposit box. In fact it would be easier to get into safety deposit box than to withdraw $40K.

How would that work? The bank employee still has to pull your account card for the box. The customer has to sign their name on a log. I'm sure the bank asks for ID. I don't think DW or JW could pass for AS or SS. IMO.

I, respectfully, very much disagree.

On another note, that must have been an incredibly gruesome and disturbing scene for witnesses. I was going through old reports to try to answer the question of what exactly was said about SS the day of the fire, and there were witnesses that saw CPR being performed on VF and could tell somehow that she was still alive. Another witness reported that one of the injured had a bloody injury to the head (my guess it was SS). Another reported that one of the dead was a child (guess they could tell by the size). There were reports from witnesses that three dead and one still alive were removed. It sounds like people saw an unusual amount for a scene like that, maybe because of the proximity of the house to the street. It does sounds like LE didn't arrive right away and at first there were a lot of people there. Awful.

How would that work? The bank employee still has to pull your account card for the box. The customer has to sign their name on a log. I'm sure the bank asks for ID. I don't think DW or JW could pass for AS or SS. IMO.

No way is anyone getting into a safe deposit box without being a signatory, having the owner in tow or paperwork showing that the person is dead and you're the executor. I know because my mother was hospitalized and dying and wanted me to get some things out of her box right away (no idea why, it was not rational, but I was moving heaven and earth to do what she wanted which also included a 4 hour round trip drive to her summer house to get her mail and clean out her fridge). I screamed, I pleaded, I showed my power of attorney paperwork, I had a note from her, the key, no way, no how, no one was letting me anywhere near that box.

That's not true. Only the signators to a box can access it. In fact it is recommended you not put anything you might need in an emergency. And not even your will if you are the only signature...because your survivors may have difficulty accessing. You can appoint a third party but you both must go into the bank to do that.

Stanganelli also recommends keeping items out of a safe-deposit box if you suspect you may need to retrieve them in an emergency, or if your survivors are likely to need them immediately after you die. (This latter criterion isn't an issue if you rent a box jointly with a surviving spouse or someone else, he says.)

Who should get access to my bank safe-deposit box?
Who can access the box? It depends on the names on the signature card for the box rental at the bank.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/savings/4-bank-safe-deposit-box-questions-1.aspx#ixzz3dW9hoaet
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member