DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus he was calling the wife. This guy really became family in 6 weeks. But still didn't feel obligated or comfortable enough to atleast attempt to put the money in bosses hand.

But has no problem dialing up the wife. This tells me that he wasn't your average employee who had fears of losing their job by knocking on the door and handing the money face to face.

So since he was that trusted and in the circle of trust. Why didn't he knock on the door instead of some sneaky drop off in the garage.

They weren't strangers when JW was hired by SS.....they knew each other from the racetrack with PS previously. That's how JW got the job driving.....SS knew him from the track.

On 11/8/2011 in the right column it says "title or registration issued". The center column says Maryland Motor Vehicle Dept, Hyattsville MD. The title number is different from the earlier one. I was assuming when the car was re-titled, it was also registered in MD. Do you think he bought it in Maryland but registered it in Florida? The Maryland DMV mails an emissions test reminder about 8 weeks before the car is due for registration renewal. I guess he could have received something similar from Florida and just had the car tested in Maryland. But why get a new title in Maryland if you're just planning to register it in Florida, where it was registered by the previous owner? Also, why would it get a Maryland "maintenance" inspection in September 2011 if the car was registered in Florida? I wonder to whom the car was titled - I'm guessing that is on the registration.

Checking websites, it looks like it would cost about $400 to register the car in Florida. In DC the fees are 6-8% percent of the vehicle's fair market value. That would probably be a lot more than $400.
http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/faqmotor.html#3
http://dmv.dc.gov/node/155502

He may have had it titled under Sigma and then re-titled it to a family trust or closed one business and re-titled it to another business, mabye?

Except his job involved running errands for a very wealthy person. I don't think he was trying to make it seem like his. He posted pictures all the time of SS' cars he was driving.

But someone posted it would be cool or impressive that it was in his own bag. I disagree. And again, where are the other two stacks of money? Why wouldn't he photograph all four to be impressive. Doesn't make any sense.

Yes, as the preliminary hearing is what they need to tell the minimal amount of information to take it to court. E.g. In the past week the McStay case, with Chase Merritt, had preliminary hearing and we found out so much information we had been waiting years to hear :moo:

What is the date for this? Has it been set?

I agree with your assessment about the relationships mostly but do question one thing. The relationship between the family and JW does seem to go back a bit further with PS and go karts at the autobahn track.

I'm not positive where it came that JW had AS's phone number to message her about the home on fire but he picked up AS's phone number at some point.

I do question if this goes back to AS knowing JW from the autobahn and PS's involvement. I also wonder if AS made a recommendation to SS about hiring JW somewhere in there. I'm just unsure of the dynamics, he knew her as Ms. Amy.

I could be wrong but I'd would assume the Autobahn racing was a father - son thing. AS may have gone sometimes but I would think it would be SS's passion for cars and F1 who was the lead on the relationship with Autobahn and their employees.

Consider the source: CNN and take with grain of salt.

Wint's cousin was also fired from AIW.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/

Small consolation below.

"If Daron Wint was arrested in March and (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) never received those fingerprints until he's arrested for quadruple homicide, it's an indicator there's a breakdown in system to me," said John Torres, former ICE special agent in charge. "Had ICE been notified they would have looked at Daron Wint's history and undertook a legal review to determine whether or not he was eligible for removal."

Why only talk about his March arrest? Why did this not go to ICE the first time he was arrested years ago?

"Wint's cousin worked there as well until being fired in 2005, and sources tell CNN that the cousin then threatened to burn the place down. The company earned a restraining order barring the cousin from the premises, the sources say.

Law enforcement officials now tell CNN that Wint's DNA was found on other parts of the crime scene as well."

I noticed in one of the prior photos of Wint, he's holding a cigarette. Wonder if they found any cigarette butts at the scene. No one was going outside to smoke. Really anxious to hear of other evidence at preliminary.

Just thinking that Wallace was specifically chosen to deliver the money because he wasn't an insider of the Savopoulos family. Nelly was a 20 year employee and she was specifically told to stay away, "I don't know why God saved my life." Savvas chose Wallace because he knew Wallace wouldn't question leaving a package in a car seat in the garage. Wallace probably thought by doing this "errand" he would move closer to the family unit.

The problem I have is someone being with Savvas (actually rode in the same vehicle with him) when he received a call from Amy @ 5:00 p.m. telling him to come home because she needed to go out that night, only then to call the person he was with at the time and tell said person that Amy was sick... and they were going through some things with Philip. Plus, knowing that they were working on the grand opening of the dojo and things go to ****???? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Seriously, I would be looking at the construction crew that had worked on the house... they could have inside knowledge without being an insider or considered "to be like a family member."

No JW left dojo at 3:30 per NG so he wasn't there for the call from AS. We don't know where he was when SS made other calls that evening, though.

wasn't there a picture of JW at a race with the son. Wonder if it was this race. makes me think they were pretty close to JW if they took him to Arizona with them. Just not seeing JW involved in this at all. JMO but I feel like JW is probably distraught over losing these people and at the same time being scrutinized to heck and back. JMO though.

No JW was not there. PS had new coach already.

I keep thinking JW is the only one that SS could ask, I can't imagine him asking any other executive at the company because they would probably be like,,, Dude not my job to deliver cash to your house, you have an assistant for that kind of stuff, I'll get you the money but i'm not your errand boy. I'm saying that because every executive i have worked with would say that. I personally think that SS was closer to JW than to the maid, I say that because i think that JW and SS had alot more in common, car's etc. as his assistant i would expect that he would have AS phone number, I always had all my bosses important contacts especially family, heck I was on the pick up list for their kids at school...Thats what an assistant does, they do everything, business and personal. JMO and experience as a personal assistant to high level executive.....

I am sure SS had an actual Executive Assistant who could have run errands for him and who was an official AIW employee. I would bet JW was an independent contractor, similar to the household staff.

No JW was not there. PS had new coach already.

but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. There is a picture of him at a race That PS was in, it seemed pretty recent. I wonder if there is a way to find that picture and see the date?

but that doesn't mean he wasn't there. There is a picture of him at a race That PS was in, it seemed pretty recent. I wonder if there is a way to find that picture and see the date?

I remember the photo and it's the new coach for the Arizona race. Not sure what photo you're talking about. Please post a link.

I am sure SS had an actual Executive Assistant who could have run errands for him and who was an official AIW employee. I would bet JW was an independent contractor, similar to the household staff.

I'm assuming that SS had a secretary and that JW was his personal assistant. two different things. one takes care of office duties the other takes care of SS. But yeah, I never thought that JW was an employee of AIW. I don't think SS would have had him doing stuff With dojo if that was the case, he would only be doing stuff for AIW. Big difference though between office secretary and personal assistant. JMO...again i only go by what i did as a personal assistant. You basically become friends, I don't think anybody would have a personal assistant and not really like the person or trust them...you spend way to much time with them. JMO

I remember the photo and it's the new coach for the Arizona race. Not sure what photo you're talking about. Please post a link.

I was asking if anybody knew how to find it. As i recall there were comments from JW's friends saying why aren't you racing???? kind of ribbing him a little. but he seemed to enjoy it. I know alot of people here saw it, we talked about it for quite awhile....I'm just not really good at finding stuff from a shut down face book page.....anybody know how?????

Edit to add, I have also seen the picture with the new coach. This was not the same.

the IG photo where the caption was something like "nothing like the smell of gas in the morning". Someone else posted "aren't you on the wrong side of the fence dude?" He was there.

Not sure if the photo is around anymore because it was a SM photo.

Awesome sleuthing rkf!!! I live in DC and can't understand why the emissions testing would've been done in Derwood, MD. If he kept the car in his garage in DC or at AIW in Hyattsville, then this place seems out of the way. Does SS have a business in Derwood? Do we know exactly where this was done? A random gas station or special foreign car service center?

I live in the DC metro area and for cars registered in Maryland you can only get emissions tested at a handful of designated emissions testing locations. It's not the same as an inspection and can't be done at a gas station or body shop. They can only be done at the emissions testing centers.

I'm assuming that SS had a secretary and that JW was his personal assistant. two different things. one takes care of office duties the other takes care of SS. But yeah, I never thought that JW was an employee of AIW. I don't think SS would have had him doing stuff With dojo if that was the case, he would only be doing stuff for AIW. Big difference though between office secretary and personal assistant. JMO...again i only go by what i did as a personal assistant. You basically become friends, I don't think anybody would have a personal assistant and not really like the person or trust them...you spend way to much time with them. JMO

Ha! You'd be surprised what all EA's do.

Ha! You'd be surprised what all EA's do.

I agree with that....but i also think that if you have a personal assistant also that they do the more personal things. If you don't have one than for sure your EA will do things. But he had both.

CNN’s special report with Paula Brown states, “Wint's cousin worked there (AIW) as well until being fired in 2005, and sources tell CNN that the cousin then threatened to burn the place down. The company earned a restraining order barring the cousin from the premises, the sources say” /1. DW’s girlfriend in New York was questioned by LE as to where DW was headed when he departed. After talking to her for several hours, authorities believe he returned to Washington to enlist the help of friends or relatives to help remain on the run./2. When DW was arrested he was accompanied by three men and two women. "Two men, including his brother, were in the Amerit truck" /1.

So in addition to his brother, who were the two men and who had access to the Amerit truck? Amerit has a facility in Hagerstown, MD. Could one of these men be employed by Amerit? Does one of them have connections with Hagerstown or live within commuting distance to Hagerstown?

1/ [video=cnn;us/2015/06/23/dc-mansion-deaths-developments-pkg-brown.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/index.html[/video]
2/ http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...paid-cabbie-1k-flee-nyc-as-nypd-moved-sources
3/ http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/manhunt-killed-dc-mansion-murder-victims-31738740

CNN’s special report with Paula Brown states, “Wint's cousin worked there (AIW) as well until being fired in 2005, and sources tell CNN that the cousin then threatened to burn the place down. The company earned a restraining order barring the cousin from the premises, the sources say” /1. DW’s girlfriend in New York was questioned by LE as to where DW was headed when he departed. After talking to her for several hours, authorities believe he returned to Washington to enlist the help of friends or relatives to help remain on the run./2. When DW was arrested he was accompanied by three men and two women. "Two men, including his brother, were in the Amerit truck" /1.

So in addition to his brother, who were the two men and who had access to the Amerit truck? Amerit has a facility in Hagerstown, MD. Could one of these men be employed by Amerit? Does one of them have connections with Hagerstown or live within commuting distance to Hagerstown?

1/ [video=cnn;us/2015/06/23/dc-mansion-deaths-developments-pkg-brown.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/index.html[/video]
2/ http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...paid-cabbie-1k-flee-nyc-as-nypd-moved-sources
3/ http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/manhunt-killed-dc-mansion-murder-victims-31738740

my bad, earlier I had stated that the brother was the one fired, but it was a cousin. I remember hearing things about maybe one of the people from that night not being let out. Did we ever find out if they released all of them? I honestly cannot remember.

I keep thinking JW is the only one that SS could ask, I can't imagine him asking any other executive at the company because they would probably be like,,, Dude not my job to deliver cash to your house, you have an assistant for that kind of stuff, I'll get you the money but i'm not your errand boy. I'm saying that because every executive i have worked with would say that. I personally think that SS was closer to JW than to the maid, I say that because i think that JW and SS had alot more in common, car's etc. as his assistant i would expect that he would have AS phone number, I always had all my bosses important contacts especially family, heck I was on the pick up list for their kids at school...Thats what an assistant does, they do everything, business and personal. JMO and experience as a personal assistant to high level executive.....

I agree. I think JW had an "oh $h!+" moment when he found out his boss and family had been murdered and he was the one who delivered the cash. Hindsight is 20/20. He probably regretted every single photo he posted and his comments. I just see him as a little star-struck by the wealth of the Savopoulous family, or maybe instead of stars in his eyes, there were little dollar signs. He just seems immature and didn't make wise decisions. JMO, but I don't think he would be involved with murdering the family. Time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1