DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Expired or not, why would SS give a legal document with details about one of his vehicles to his employee of 6 weeks?

I have no idea. But IMO it has been investigated by LE and found to have no connection.
JWs trouble telling his account Day 1 made it necessary to thoroughly check out and verify everything he told them. JMO but it seems they are satisfied after their investigation that JW is not connected to DW or this crime.

I have no idea. But IMO it has been investigated by LE and found to have no connection.
JWs trouble telling his account Day 1 made it necessary to thoroughly check out and verify everything he told them. JMO but it seems they are satisfied after their investigation that JW is not connected to DW or this crime.

So...since the cousin (see CNN article) who threatened to "burn down" the plant has not been arrested either, are you saying he has been cleared too?

[cnn link posted on bottom of last page.)

No arrest means they've checked the cousin out and they are satisfied he's not connected?

Would all the people in the van be absolutely cleared too!

If they haven't been charged by now, LE has checked everything about them and finds them all to be "in the clear?" I'm trying to understand if you just believe police are handling JW one certain way, but not any of the others.

Anyway, our volleyball game is fun and does pass the time. Insert Smiley here!

Awesome sleuthing rkf!!! I live in DC and can't understand why the emissions testing would've been done in Derwood, MD. If he kept the car in his garage in DC or at AIW in Hyattsville, then this place seems out of the way. Does SS have a business in Derwood? Do we know exactly where this was done? A random gas station or special foreign car service center?
Maryland Vehicle Emissions Program (VEIP) stations are operated by the MVA. They are state-operated stations. There could be several reasons to go to the Derwood station. One, there is s full service MVA office nearby where registrations are processed. Two there are full service auto dealers nearby with garages that sell and service Corvettes. The Moseler MT900 has an LS1 engine which is basically a Corvette engine. Three, it's a nice drive from SS house out Wisconsin Ave to the beltway and I295 where one could enjoy the power of the Mosler and warm it up for the emissions test.

The primary reason to get the Mosler emission tested is that the test is required before the registration can be renewed. The car passed emissions test on 01/03/2015 and registration was most likely renewed at the DMV near the Derwood VEIP station. With the new registration now in the car, JW likely kept the expired registration for bragging rights.

IMO there is nothing significant about the Mosler related to the murders.

<modsnip>

Would all the people in the van be absolutely cleared too!

If they haven't been charged by now, LE has checked everything about them and finds them all to be "in the clear?" I'm trying to understand if you just believe police are handling JW one certain way, but not any of the others.

Anyway, our volleyball game is fun and does pass the time. Insert Smiley here!

Perhaps they have. IMO it's possible that DW had a need for quick cash, had SS on his radar as a rich dude from his previous employment and his cousins history per CNN, kicked in the door, subdued two terrified women and a kid then called SS home and demanded cash. No further plan than that

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29385442/savopoulos-murders

Short article saying very little. Wint + newbie lawyers in court today.

"WASHINGTON - The prime suspect in the murders of a D.C. family and their house keeper is due in court Tuesday with his new lawyers. <self-snipped> Daron Wint is the only person charged in last month's murders. Investigators believe others were involved."

Consider the source: CNN and take with grain of salt.

Wint's cousin was also fired from AIW.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/politics/daron-wint-dc-mansion-murder-cnn-documentary/

Small consolation below.

"If Daron Wint was arrested in March and (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) never received those fingerprints until he's arrested for quadruple homicide, it's an indicator there's a breakdown in system to me," said John Torres, former ICE special agent in charge. "Had ICE been notified they would have looked at Daron Wint's history and undertook a legal review to determine whether or not he was eligible for removal."

Why only talk about his March arrest? Why did this not go to ICE the first time he was arrested years ago?

"Wint's cousin worked there as well until being fired in 2005, and sources tell CNN that the cousin then threatened to burn the place down. The company earned a restraining order barring the cousin from the premises, the sources say.

Law enforcement officials now tell CNN that Wint's DNA was found on other parts of the crime scene as well."

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29385442/savopoulos-murders

Short article saying very little. Wint + newbie lawyers in court today.

"WASHINGTON - The prime suspect in the murders of a D.C. family and their house keeper is due in court Tuesday with his new lawyers. There was some movement around the Savopoulos home on Monday when a large rental truck and what appeared to be movers were packing up furniture and other items in the garage. Daron Wint is the only person charged in last month's murders. Investigators believe others were involved."

Why are they going back to court?

I wonder if this was the original hearing date and the reporter doesn't realize its been rescheduled for July.

I wonder if this was the original hearing date and the reporter doesn't realize its been rescheduled for July.

Dunno. Does he have to appear in court with the newbies to get it on the record that he agreed to hire them to represent him?

:drumroll:

edited... made a mistake.

OH! First of all, thank you for that heads-up! :/ I didn't know. I never thought about that because it's an MSM article. I don't want to get in trouble, either.

And the other First of All: my apologies to you for posting something you'd already broken first :D

Goooood new info, eh?
I thought we could discuss MSM reports involving relatives, but we couldn't speculate further unless they are named POIs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OH! First of all, thank you for that heads-up! :/ I didn't know. I never thought about that because it's an MSM article. I don't want to get in trouble, either.

And the other First of All: my apologies to you for posting something you'd already broken first :D

Goooood new info, eh?

No worries... and like I said, I'm still a little unclear on when mentions of the family are OK or not. I thought I had it down, and then my post got snipped, and then un-snipped, so I'm a confused WS'er right now :)

Any new info in this case is good new info! I had also never seen mention or video of the interview with PS's racing coach.

But go karts are for fun. Why do you need a coach. Its not like you're driving nascars. Just get on the amateur track until you are comfortable enough for the advanced track. Jmo

Philip wanted to be a racecar driver. You start out with go-carts and go up from there.

I would venture to say go-cart racing is VERY competitive. Remember Philip suffered what his mother believed to be a concussion on May 3rd during a race.

"Paul Howard, of Ogden Racing Engines, a Florida based Formula One company. “Philip wanted to be involved in Formula One racing, and all Formula One racers start out on the Kart circuit

On May 3, Philip Savopoulos was racing at the “Superkarts! USA Fikse Wheels Pro Tour” in Phoenix Arizona when he got into a minor accident and sustained a sprained knee, cuts and bruises, and a concussion. The ten-year old was still recovering from that incident at home in Washington when he was murdered."

http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

Just thinking that Wallace was specifically chosen to deliver the money because he wasn't an insider of the Savopoulos family. Nelly was a 20 year employee and she was specifically told to stay away, "I don't know why God saved my life." Savvas chose Wallace because he knew Wallace wouldn't question leaving a package in a car seat in the garage. Wallace probably thought by doing this "errand" he would move closer to the family unit.

The problem I have is someone being with Savvas (actually rode in the same vehicle with him) when he received a call from Amy @ 5:00 p.m. telling him to come home because she needed to go out that night, only then to call the person he was with at the time and tell said person that Amy was sick... and they were going through some things with Philip. Plus, knowing that they were working on the grand opening of the dojo and things go to ****???? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Seriously, I would be looking at the construction crew that had worked on the house... they could have inside knowledge without being an insider or considered "to be like a family member."

Philip wanted to be a racecar driver. You start out with go-carts and go up from there.

I would venture to say go-cart racing is VERY competitive. Remember Philip suffered what his mother believed to be a concussion on May 3rd during a race.

"Paul Howard, of Ogden Racing Engines, a Florida based Formula One company. &#8220;Philip wanted to be involved in Formula One racing, and all Formula One racers start out on the Kart circuit.&#8221;

On May 3, Philip Savopoulos was racing at the &#8220;Superkarts! USA Fikse Wheels Pro Tour&#8221; in Phoenix Arizona when he got into a minor accident and sustained a sprained knee, cuts and bruises, and a concussion. The ten-year old was still recovering from that incident at home in Washington when he was murdered."

http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

wasn't there a picture of JW at a race with the son. Wonder if it was this race. makes me think they were pretty close to JW if they took him to Arizona with them. Just not seeing JW involved in this at all. JMO but I feel like JW is probably distraught over losing these people and at the same time being scrutinized to heck and back. JMO though.

Just thinking that Wallace was specifically chosen to deliver the money because he wasn't an insider of the Savopoulos family. Nelly was a 20 year employee and she was specifically told to stay away, "I don't know why God saved my life." Savvas chose Wallace because he knew Wallace wouldn't question leaving a package in a car seat in the garage. Wallace probably thought by doing this "errand" he would move closer to the family unit.

The problem I have is someone being with Savvas (actually rode in the same vehicle with him) when he received a call from Amy @ 5:00 p.m. telling him to come home because she needed to go out that night, only then to call the person he was with at the time and tell said person that Amy was sick... and they were going through some things with Philip. Plus, knowing that they were working on the grand opening of the dojo and things go to ****???? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

Seriously, I would be looking at the construction crew that had worked on the house... they could have inside knowledge without being an insider or considered "to be like a family member."

I keep thinking JW is the only one that SS could ask, I can't imagine him asking any other executive at the company because they would probably be like,,, Dude not my job to deliver cash to your house, you have an assistant for that kind of stuff, I'll get you the money but i'm not your errand boy. I'm saying that because every executive i have worked with would say that. I personally think that SS was closer to JW than to the maid, I say that because i think that JW and SS had alot more in common, car's etc. as his assistant i would expect that he would have AS phone number, I always had all my bosses important contacts especially family, heck I was on the pick up list for their kids at school...Thats what an assistant does, they do everything, business and personal. JMO and experience as a personal assistant to high level executive.....

Would be interesting to see about Florida and if Maryland emissions would work.

I'm a bit behind. We moved to FL almost 3 years ago. There is no annual inspection whatsoever in FL. As the lady at DMV said, half the cars would fail if we did that....

I am about 99.999 percent positive we had no emissions test for our vehicles, either.

I hope LE dusted those plates. Maybe DW or JW put them on the Mosler!

so we have the two wint brothers....both fired, one has a restraining order against him and the other shows up near the place with a machete. this is really starting to sound like a family affair.

Interesting that there's no emissions reported before January of this year. Is it not required perhaps in FL. Maybe that was the trouble in getting it registered up here?

But go karts are for fun. Why do you need a coach. Its not like you're driving nascars. Just get on the amateur track until you are comfortable enough for the advanced track. Jmo

Um because PS was 10 years old and can't get on a track with a real car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1