DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the picture I had in mind! I could totally see the dog being very protective, and was open to that theory much more before forced entry was found. Unless he forced entry when they were out on the walk and they came back to him in there? IDK.

Yes, sorry- searching within Websleuths is something I forget about. I take for granted how high WS sometimes comes up in Google results- it usually kills 2 birds with 1 stone to search that way, but not always.

Oh no, not you. I was talking about myself and searching more about the dogs... lol!

Yes, the biggest dog, who could be Ginger, has a look about her. The tail is tucked and I'm sure she's as freaked out as all the humans. I am sort of leaning to the dogs being walked when the home was broken into. It seems there was a report of the neighbors reporting the dogs being loose in the front yard... :gaah:

Ginja the Ninja:

ChesapeakeBayRetrieverGingerDogWater2.jpg

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chesapeakebay.htm

Training &
Temperament

Chessies exhibit many traits that make retrievers popular pets: they’re loyal, happy, and affectionate. But Chessies are more emotionally complex than the usual run of gundogs. Chessies take to training, but they have a mind of their own and can tenaciously pursue their own path. They’re protective of their humans (especially kids) and polite, but not overtly friendly, to strangers. They make excellent watchdogs and are versatile athletes. A well-socialized Chessie is a confident companion and peerless hunting buddy.

http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/chesapeake-bay-retriever/detail/#training

They're protective of their humans.

Here is another from CBS with slightly more detail
May 25 Police released four people http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-detained-with-d-c-mansion-murders-suspect-released/
WASHINGTON -- D.C. police say they have released four people who were detained at the same time that the suspect in the slayings of a wealthy family was taken into custody.
Police did not identify the four people or say how long they were detained. There was no immediate word on the whereabouts of a fifth person taken into custody when Wint was.

The reporter, Juniana Goldman, states in the video that five were arrested but they've since been released. This conflicts with the written account on this web link. ( Aaarrgh!)

Doesn't take much to guess who this one was.

:bump: Bumping for relevance...

I agree.
Two questions-
What is the writing on DWs shirt/ jacket?
Does it look like blue hoodie guy has on a white glove?

JMO

The best I can make out of the writing on the sweatshirt is "Jamaica." (just a guess)

IMO DCMPD placed gloves on them. Don't have a rationale but it would stand to reason if the perp was wearing gloves when arrested, police would remove them.

CNN special "DC murder mystery " starting right now! (9:30 PM EST)

Why I don't know ...but three minutes in ..they refer to their home four times as "the mansion ". I don't know why ..don't like reference ... it was home ...

If i'm not mistaken CNN mixed up the timeline in that first segment. They had AS sending text to NG Wednesday night before ordering the Pizza when in fact text was sent Thursday at 10:00 AM. So far not much new in this special report.

The information has gotten more specific. The addresses Have not changed. The pins on google suggested more space between the two apts than is accurate. More info means more specificity. But you don't have to believe what anyone else says. The addresses are avail online and you can drive by them with a measuring tape and measure door to door if you feel passionately enough about disproving the next door neighbor-ness of the situation.
Or, you can put the addresses in one of the many mapping options available on line and get the distance by, car, by foot etc.

Savvas was found on the floor. Amy and Vera bound in chairs. Per CNN report.

This is so sad. I have already heard these details but this is really making me depressed. The pictures of Savvas and Philip are tearing me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member