DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And still, there are some who insist that it's his fault. Poor guy can't win for losing. :/

I believe LE did a bad thing by releasing that info about JW. My opinion is that it was wrong wrong wrong to release his information, and no other witnesses names or statements. That sparked a runaway train that just trashed JW up one side and down the other.

Normally, I'm pro LE all the way, but not on this.

Maybe they wanted him to learn not to lie to LE. Apparently, at 28 with a former LE father, that still hadn't sunk in.

I'm not sure it was confirmed the DW was fired from AIW. I believe it was confirmed that his cousin was fired. Does anyone have links either way?

I wonder how many people are assuming that the cousin is a male?

Are we sure CNN is airing S murder special tonight?
Considering how much incorrect information that CNN has reported about this case, might someone explain to me why we should suddenly find information reported about this case by CNN to be credible?

The CNN Special is really good!! A lot about the family's life. Don't miss it. It won't let me post it yet.
Considering their awful track record reporting this case, I'll bet much of it will be revealed to be incorrect...

Sounds like.....Police no longer believe Wallace had anything to do with the crime.

I hope LE makes some sort of announcement if they've cleared him. If they haven't officially cleared him, then I understand not making any statement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ice-one-trying-attack-claim-court-papers.html

then began throwing his clothes out the door in a rage.

Wint then grabbed Miss Bridges by her neck so she called the police.

But before the officers arrived he smashed himself over his forehead with a breakfast bowl and pushed her grandmother out of the way as he walked outside t0 talk to the officers.

If I was her, I would not have spoken to the media. I'd be afraid people might look into my criminal background...

They moved to a new address together after the episode she described to the daily mail.

Ginja the Ninja:

View attachment 76906

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/chesapeakebay.htm

Training &
Temperament

Chessies exhibit many traits that make retrievers popular pets: they’re loyal, happy, and affectionate. But Chessies are more emotionally complex than the usual run of gundogs. Chessies take to training, but they have a mind of their own and can tenaciously pursue their own path. They’re protective of their humans (especially kids) and polite, but not overtly friendly, to strangers. They make excellent watchdogs and are versatile athletes. A well-socialized Chessie is a confident companion and peerless hunting buddy.

http://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/chesapeake-bay-retriever/detail/#training

They're protective of their humans.

It is said this about many breeds. Can't even generalize within breeds. We had one German Shepherd that was tiny and she was aggressive and unpredictable. The other very large GSD was much more even-tempered. But people were scared to death of her. I'd say she was also protective but not vicious at all. Except as it relates to the dogs being walked at the time DW got into the house, I think way too much is being made out of the protectiveness/or not of these dogs or any dogs. I've seen over and over-this case, the McStays, the Groenes and many more where having a large, protective dog is not much of a deterrent to a determined criminal. I think the dog would need to be specially trained in most cases to proactively attack. Though our small GSD was not trained and DID go after someone more than once, it was more a product of poor breeding/inbred characteristics that really were not desirable. To me, the purpose of most dogs as far as protectiveness, is that they are an early warning system and will hopefully growl and bark to let you know something is up. After that, it is up to the human. IMO.

Cousin of suspect in DC quadruple murder worked with him at company run by victim and 'said he would burn the place down after he was fired'

Cousin of Daron Wint worked at American Iron Works, company run by victim Savvas Savopolous before his death in mid-May

Savopolous, 46, wife Amy, 47, son Philip, 10, and housekeeper Vera Figueroa all found tortured and stabbed inside Washington DC mansion

Porsche taken and home set on fire after family captive for 18 hours

Wint's cousin fired from his job in 2005, and said he'd burn company down

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ctim-said-burn-place-fired.html#ixzz3dykUNC79

IMO it could be Wint was looking to get quick cash to flee. Perhaps he feared going to court/sentencing for his March arrest?

Ohh LE give me a clue, is wints cousins name bigger than a breadbox? Does it end with a W?

I searched the court dockets yesterday alphabetically looking for another wint with charges and came up empty. :( Yes I know it can't be posted here, yet.

To me who they know is a Venn diagram. I just can't image the Wints holding on to a grudge this filled with hate for ten years! Something reignited it!

"Revenge is a meal best served cold."

I hope LE makes some sort of announcement if they've cleared him. If they haven't officially cleared him, then I understand not making any statement.
I don't expect to hear MPD make an announcement clearing JW. They just don't comment much on their cases, typically. In a way, imo, it was a statement with the release of the SW info. They could have kept that sealed.

The cousin revenge scenario fits along the lines of what was ambiguously suggested to me. How can we learn more about the cousin? The sooner, the better... because once his name is out, chances are, then what's left of his social media foot print will be scrubbed.

Most likely anyone slightly connected to people in this case has erased everything they can access.

T
The cousin revenge scenario fits along the lines of what was ambiguously suggested to me. How can we learn more about the cousin? The sooner, the better... because once his name is out, chances are, then what's left of his social media foot print will be scrubbed.

Not sure of the name of DW's cousin... But if you do a case search on U.S. case search Maryland with D Wint...lots of frightening stuff is listed in that very public record. Also found another variation of DW name spelling.

And people do harbor grudges for years.

And I still believe JW was never involved. Yes, he lied. Living near someone doesn't make you guilty. I don't know my suburban neighbors who live 1 house from me- never have seen them in 9 years. We joke they are in WP.

Paula's - I think the fifth person was DW.

You need to keep a scorecard in this case.
Six persons were arrested: DW + one male and two females in white Chevy Cruz = 4
Two males in Ford Truck = 2
Total = 6

T

Not sure of the name of DW's cousin... But if you do a case search on U.S. case search Maryland with D Wint...lots of frightening stuff is listed in that very public record. Also found another variation of DW name spelling.

And people do harbor grudges for years.

And I still believe JW was never involved. Yes, he lied. Living near someone doesn't make you guilty. I don't know my suburban neighbors who live 1 house from me- never have seen them in 9 years. We joke they are in WP.

I agree. Same for me with regards to not knowing the neighbors. In all the places I have lived (including single family homes and big apartment complexes) I have never known my neighbors. It's kind of unfortunate but I don't think it's that uncommon not to be acquainted with one's neighbors. We've lived in our current apartment for over 2 years; there are over 100 apartment units in the building, I recognize/occasionally chat w/ at the mail box, in the elevator, etc probably about 1/10 of the people but know no one's name or anything about anyone beyond vaguely knowing what they look like.

I'll be very surprised if JW was involved in this in any way. I do think he made some bad choices re: posting so much about the S family possessions and of course lying to police. But I just don't think he was involved as his involvement doesn't make sense to me and doesn't seem like the most likely explanation of what happened. What is most likely and does make the most sense based on what we know is that DW (and possibly also his brother/cousin/some other accomplice) carried this out on their own. IMO

Don't know if this has been posted yet, I don't recall seeing it but it was supposedly on 20/20 about the assult on Michael Babcock by DW. I haven't watched the 20/20 video yet, just a little.

DC Mansion Murder Suspect’s Stabbing Victim Recalls Nearly Deadly Attacks
Jun 11, 2015, 2:27 PM ET
By JOSEPH RHEE, KIMBERLY LAUNIER and ALEXA VALIENTE via 20/20

A man stabbed twice by Daron Wint, the only named suspect in custody for the murder of Washington, D.C., businessman Savvas Savopoulos, his wife, their son, and a family housekeeper, described the attacks that nearly killed him in an exclusive interview with ABC News’ “20/20.”

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion...670&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I've thought for a while that the theories implicating JW involved too many leaps of faith. I understand why they took a good look at him initially but its time to move on.

This was a freaky, weird situation for everyone involved. There's no way to assume how a person would typically act because there's nothing typical about it. Why was the employee stuffing money in his pockets? Everything gets put under a microscope but its a mistake to make assumptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1