DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: one of the biggest misnomers ever. I am quite short and not very wide. Every time I get out of the car, I take the seat back all the way. I always joke that if LE thinks I committed a crime and then they check the car seat, I will be cleared immediately by that line of thinking.

I never do. And if somebody else drove my car, I immediately notice the difference.

It is pretty well confirmed that AS called SS and asked him to come home. However, and it IS speculation, it is thought that AS MAY have been called home on Wednesday afternoon in the 3pm time frame. The reason for this thought is that the Porsche was seen speeding/driving erratically through the neighborhood.

I know it's speculation based on no actual evidence. I haven't seen any information that AS wasn't home all day to begin with. Add to that the 3 pm timeline was brought to us by NG, who hasn't been a reliable witness.

I know it's speculation based on no actual evidence. I haven't seen any information that AS wasn't home all day to begin with. Add to that the 3 pm timeline was brought to us by NG, who hasn't been a reliable witness.

Don't have the link right now but the Porsche sighting is out there in MSM. Not sure if it was included in the police reports or not.

DW's brother (at least the one who was with DW when DW was arrested) is much taller than DW. The person who is running doesn't seem tall. LE could determine how tall the person was from that video. But I don't think it can be his brother based on height alone. They can also see how far the seat in the Porsche was to determine how tall the person who drove it was.

I still wonder if LE has a much clearer version of that video.....it seems intentionally pixelated (if that's a word [emoji11]). If that is DW, his body type seems very different than the muscle photos we've seen. Seems pretty slim and I think at one point, people were speculating as to whether or not it was a woman.

As for the voicemail with PS in the background, I would think that LE has sophisticated technology to isolate the background noise and know what PS said......you think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm new to this site and am not sure I'm posting this correctly or in the right place. I have been reading WS since the Teleka Patrick case and I enjoy your very insightful and intelligent discussions. My thoughts on this case are that the brutality of the crimes make it seem very, very person IMO. I don't know how that ties in with DW but I think it is very personal for at least one of the killers. I also feel that JW was involved although I know many of you don't agree. I just don't see any plausible scenario in which DW would take a chance on having someone deliver the money who might become suspicion. I also cannot imagine any scenario in which the courier would not have seen some red flags. I don't however think that JW in any way thought the family would be harmed much less killed. I think he was genuinely alarmed and upset when he found out what happened.

I'm new to this site and am not sure I'm posting this correctly or in the right place. I have been reading WS since the Teleka Patrick case and I enjoy your very insightful and intelligent discussions. My thoughts on this case are that the brutality of the crimes make it seem very, very person IMO. I don't know how that ties in with DW but I think it is very personal for at least one of the killers. I also feel that JW was involved although I know many of you don't agree. I just don't see any plausible scenario in which DW would take a chance on having someone deliver the money who might become suspicion. I also cannot imagine any scenario in which the courier would not have seen some red flags. I don't however think that JW in any way thought the family would be harmed much less killed. I think he was genuinely alarmed and upset when he found out what happened.

Welcome!!! It's a great community! I agree with your thoughts!! :)

I was googling DW alias SW and the charging docs came up. So I skimmed through them and on page 3 of 15 and page 13 of 15 where they change name to DDDW it states DDW, whose true name is DDDW, "in perpetrating kidnapping and attempting to perpetrate kidnapping" ...???

Has MSM used these phrases? How did I miss this?

This is my first post here. I had trouble finding the latest place to post ie most recent. I am not sure where to post this or if this specifically been addressed. I just joined this excellent group. The Daily Mail UK last week released Savvas' voicemail to Gutierrez the long time housekeeper. In this voicemail he states Vera decided to stay ...

Anyway my 2 cents on this is Wint started this before 3pm when Vera was scheduled to go home. Vera and Phillip were probably alone so more easily overtaken. I remember some article stating Amy was called home quickly cause Phillip was sick, (the rouse to get Amy home)... hence the Porsche parked on the street.

I read in another place that Amy called Savvas at the martial arts studio stating she was going out and he needed to come home and watch Phillip. So that is how Wint got Savvas home.

This could all be possible even with Wint acting alone. He ate the pizza in the room that held Savvas, Amy and Vera.

We know Phillip was held in his room, alone, which I believe was the room next to wear the adults were held.

Go listen to this second recording just released.*Close*youreyes*and listen carefully to Phillip in the background (probably alone in his room cause he is not stopped from shouting out) ...

I think Wint is holding the phone to Savvas mouth as he leaves the voicemail for Gutierrez. Listen as Savvas states "Amy is in bed ...." Phillip screaming "No she isn't".

This breaks my heart that this voicemail message was listened to too late and not acted on. I can't stop weeping about what horror this boy*

This is haunting me.

I posted my concerns on a different site to no avail. Forgive me if this is not how to get involved on Websleuths.

Thank you.

I am reposting this. I tried to go back through the first 13 threads on this. I wasn't sure if anyone else heard these words. I clearly hear PS say No she isn't ... when SS is leaving voicemail to say AS is sick in bed. Anyone else hear this?

I will attempt to link. Thanks again.

I don't doubt at all that young Philip is screaming "no she isn't!" when Savvas leaves the message saying Amy is in bed sick. I just can't hear it. I believe there are a few posters here that state they hear "no she isn't" too. I have tried. I just hear a scream and in my mind I think he's being tortured at that very moment by someone cutting him with a knife.

I can't recall reading that Amy was anywhere specific that fateful Wednesday, but I know it has been said she was very active with volunteering with Philip's school. So, I think, even though Philip was home with a minor concussion and recovering, Amy might have still gone to the school to do her usual volunteer work and she would arrive home the same time as Philip would if he had been at school. I believe the dogs were probably walked about the same time every day on a schedule and Vera walked them, or she let them out in the backyard and if it is fenced then someone opened the fence and let the dogs out and entered the side of the residence through a set of French style exterior doors. The doors have a single broken window pane located next to a door latch and alarm sensor. The door is broken near the lock and a shoe or boot print is visible on the exterior, suggesting forced entry. The visible shoe or boot print is not consistent with current issued DCFEMS firefighting boots. Preliminary interviews of the firefighters reveal that firefighters did not enter through this door. A not to scale image of the shoe or boot tread print it shown in Attachment B. It is requested to search for and seize any shoe or boot with similar tread pattern. http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...t-for-car-in-savopoulos-family-killings/1569/

Nellie the other housekeeper stated that the person or persons who committed the murders "They had to know the movements of the whole family," she said of possible suspects. If Ginger had seen strangers entering, "I imagine she would have attacked without giving them a chance to run or yell or whatever else."

http://www.pressreader.com/usa/baltimore-sun/20150522/281651073696068/TextView

Anyway, I don't know if this post addresses any of your concerns, but I agree with you that Vera and Philip could have been alone at the time of the break-in. I think Philip showed great bravery in screaming the words "No she isn't!" in response to his dad telling Nellie this story. I think he was a very upset young man who knew this was a horribly awful situation where not a good outcome was expected. So very sad and tragic for all the victims! Maybe there is a special place in he!! for devils like Wint - I don't know, but I hope there is.

I was googling DW alias SW and the charging docs came up. So I skimmed through them and on page 3 of 15 and page 13 of 15 where they change name to DDDW it states DDW, whose true name is DDDW, "in perpetrating kidnapping and attempting to perpetrate kidnapping" ...???

Huh? MSM has extensively covered the hostage situation and the $40,000 in ransom.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...estigation-zeroes-assistant-article-1.2246339

If JW was involved in any way, he is just as guilty. Doesn't matter if he thought family would be harmed or not. LE is not about to name him a suspect because they don't have to do so. He's made himself a suspect by lying to cops.

JMO

Hello and welcome aboard! You have posted a very nice concise reply! I agree with you about this being very, very personal with the brutality of the crimes. I think Wint had lots and lots of anger. I think he blamed the Savopoulos family in his mind for a lot of his problems and held a grudge since his firing. I think he was:
1. Suffering from a mental illness.
2. Experiencing a state of excitation.
3. Seeking revenge.
4. Trying to conceal a crime scene.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29108580/investigation-continues-nw-dc-murders

Regarding JW, a difference of opinion here, I don't think JW was involved, but he was questioned extensively by LE and his phone was tapped and his car was searched. He's told some lies. He shared too much about the family publically. He seemed to be all about JW and with that conceit (?) he didn't have a clue something awful was happening to the family as he texted with Savvas and delivered the package. I think it hit him hard when he found out the family was killed and Philip was burned alive. I think LE was asking him are you sure you didn't suspect something was going on when Savvas asked you to deliver this package of 40,000 dollars??? Didn't your radar go off when he asked you to leave it in the garage in a car seat? I suspect his distress was real when he found out what really happened.
I don't see him being involved with crimes this heinous. If by chance, a link is found at some point, I agree with you that he didn't expect the family to die or be harmed in any way. But, again, I don't think he's connected to Wint or the murders. In fact, if he is innocent, he might be asking a certain blog author to take down their blog report regarding his possible involvement in the murders. :thinking:

Is there a way to find out if LE returned JW's property to him? I don't know how that works. If a SW is executed but LE doesn't find anything incriminating, do they return the stuff (car, computer, passport, etc.) right away or does the owner have to wait until the trial is over? TIA

I didn't realize being held hostage in your own home was kidnapping too, but apparently it is so. I thought at first maybe Amy had been carjacked and that's where the kidnapping came from.

What I thought was interesting was on the first night when they were arrested ( the six of them or 5 of them lol) only two people were photographed and filmed and put on the mainstream Media news . Why were the others never publicized and on the mainstream media at that point in time? After the fact, we know that they were not arrested but at that time when it was breaking news why were they not caught on film.

I guess this is a rhetorical question because obviously LE must have *purposely* let the other two be photographed/filmed by placing them outside for a length of time.

But whyyyyyy ?

:moo:

T

Not sure of the name of DW's cousin... But if you do a case search on U.S. case search Maryland with D Wint...lots of frightening stuff is listed in that very public record. Also found another variation of DW name spelling.

And people do harbor grudges for years.

And I still believe JW was never involved. Yes, he lied. Living near someone doesn't make you guilty. I don't know my suburban neighbors who live 1 house from me- never have seen them in 9 years. We joke they are in WP.

That happened to my friends. Some one bought and moved into the home across the street, but they never saw anyone in person. They would see a car enter the garage and close door immediately. But they never saw anyone in the yard---never ever.

Then one day they saw the home raided by the DEA---as a grow house. It was full of pot plants. LOL

Is there a way to find out if LE returned JW's property to him? I don't know how that works. If a SW is executed but LE doesn't find anything incriminating, do they return the stuff (car, computer, passport, etc.) right away or does the owner have to wait until the trial is over? TIA

:dunno: Casey Anthony's car was was held until the trial was over

:dunno: Casey Anthony's car was was held until the trial was over

Because it was central to their case. My question is, if LE does NOT believe someone is involved in a crime after executing a SW, do they return the stuff to the owner or do they hold onto it until after the trial? I imagine the Chevy Cruze and the Amerit truck will remain evidence until after the trial. I'm trying to see if we can infer that by holding on to JW's property, LE still thinks he could be involved. If they do not believe his car was used during the commission of a crime, when will they give it back?

Karen Vinton, a spokeswoman for Amerit, said last month that Wint, a welder by trade, is not and has never been employed by Amerit. She said police have assured company representatives that “no employee of Amerit is a person of interest in this case.” She also said that her company is cooperating with police and that “to our knowledge, our truck was not used in any criminal activity.” She said her firm does not do business with Savopoulos’s American Iron Works.

I find this odd. This statement from Amerit came out soon after the capture. I am pretty sure aiding and abetting
a murderer is a criminal activity along with holding $10K of stolen cash for money laundering purposes. The fact the names of the others arrested haven't been published is also strange. In my mind they should all still be in jail.
Does anyone think that this was a box truck with a fake logo put on it to look legit but was used for nefarious transports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkravetsky